The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+44
Barabass
TheVillansOfAston
rosco77
Claret007
UnclePanda
achilles
1Elliot
Chrissylee1111
Gordonsleftboot
Villa_Dan
Con
Wookster
Aston Phila
Peter
Trotters
BillytheKid
De Kuip
Cha Ching
4BetLite
Wriggle
Alf T
VTID85
danclare82
KMitch
Dgrizzle7
Synopsis
Justice league
Heisenberg
Lammypaul
Dions_Bald_Head
Fpuppys
smetro
The Utterer
AstonThriller
Leafs1201
deadbuzzardalive
NARLA24
Trysullvilla
Boldfinger
andrew24561
jvilla
tonyp
DaveAV1
Mr_Spadge
48 posters

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by NARLA24 Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:53 pm

Aston Phila wrote:Does anyone know where these rumours of us having a £6million bid accepted for Jeff Hendrick come from?
Not a clue. Any link available
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 5_star12

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Wookster Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:07 pm

Any news on Director of Footy yet?
Wookster
Wookster

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:31 pm

Xia has said that they've interviewed three candidates and an appointment will be made before the start of the season, so I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Whoever it is they've kept his identity quiet, I don't think there have been any specific speculation as to who it might be in the press.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:42 pm

Apparently Samuelson has been taken of the Villa website and replaced with 'Tracy Gu'. I imagine he'll still be working with Xia, in his pursuit of other clubs, but won't actually have anything to do with the running of the club.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:47 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Apparently Samuelson has been taken of the Villa website and replaced with 'Tracy Gu'. I imagine he'll still be working with Xia, in his pursuit of other clubs, but won't actually have anything to do with the running of the club.
Probably no bad thing. Who is actually left now from last season's off pitch set up? I was going to say non-playing side but that covers half the team!
De Kuip
De Kuip

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by TheVillansOfAston Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:08 pm

Samuelson no longer a board member at VP but has been reinstated to the board of Recon, a quick look at companies house site shows this took place on the 20th of July.
TheVillansOfAston
TheVillansOfAston

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:03 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Apparently Samuelson has been taken of the Villa website and replaced with 'Tracy Gu'. I imagine he'll still be working with Xia, in his pursuit of other clubs, but won't actually have anything to do with the running of the club.

So he doesn't "own the club" then like those absolutely prats "keithvilla" and "Ianrobo" were preaching on twitter? Oh no that isn't good enough...now everything looks "dodgy" apparently Laughing .

But yeah i agree that Samuelson will probably be the one who helps to buy the feeder clubs...because in reality that's his forte. Really looking forward to seeing who the new technical director will be. Still think Commoli is somewhere in the running.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:02 pm

according to the is   Birmingham Mail article, Samuelson is going to be the head of Recon Sports.

'As the new head of Recon Sports LTD - the parent company now officially with an office address registered to Villa Park - Samuelson will be leading a number of exciting projects abroad.

His business partner Jamie Banfill will assist him as Recon Sports looks to expand into countries like India, China and the US and they will still provide Xia with Villa-related advice.

The Birmingham Mail understands that, despite his involvement, Banfill was never earmarked for a role as an Aston Villa director, and that Xia had planned to introduced Gu for some time. '
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Barabass Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:08 pm

Considering how long it took for the other directors to be confirmed as fit and proper, Gu must have been assessed around the same time as them.
Barabass
Barabass

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:32 pm

According to the Birmingham Mail...

Aston Villa: Who is new director Tracy Gu?
11:36, 28 JUL 2016 UPDATED 12:19, 28 JUL 2016
BY GREGG EVANS
Everything you need to know about the new Aston Villa director.

New Aston Villa director Tracy Gu is a trusted associate of owner Tony Xia.

The Chinese businesswoman has recently been added as a director on the official club website and will assist in matters going forward, pending Football League approval.

So what do we know about her?

Her roots
Gu lives in China and is a highly-respected member of Xia’s conglomerate, The Recon Group.

She is the vice president and fronts up the HR department.

The Villa owner has known her for some time and has always planned to add her to the board.

She was at the press conference in Beijing last week where Villa’s associates me to discuss the future.

Her work
She’s a high-flying professional and respected for her passionate approach to work.

Before working for the Recon Group, she held a number of high-profile roles for a global Information Technology company.

Her expertise
Gu has worked as a director before and was involved in sourcing talented professionals to help improve certain areas of the business.

Xia knows her experience in HR will help bring modern management ideas to Aston Villa.

She speaks fluent English as well as Mandarin and will be able to adapt to a working environment in the Midlands, if needed.

Her football knowledge
Thought to be limited. However, Villa fans should not worry about that because Gu will bring other areas of expertise to the board.

CEO Keith Wyness is the man who will continue to take chare of the day-to-day running of the club.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:49 pm

And here's me thinking they'd taken her on to run the catering department.....
AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 Gu_Pud_Chocolate_experiential_campaign-20150708101141257
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Doesn't tell us much we don't already know, but here's a video with Xia saying that we're looking into the possibility of buying an Indian Super League club and using the Villa name.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:31 pm

i appreciate our season starts Saturday so people are getting impatient but would we prefer to panic buy? i wouldn't. ive seen people (not on here) saying Dr T is full of shit, same as lerner etc. those same people moan about the size of our squad. WHAT THE FOCK ARE THEY ON?? how can we keep adding when we need to get rid?? i fully trust Dr T who has filled me with more optimism in a few weeks than lerner ever did. if we have to go into the first couple games as we are then so be it, we still have till the end of the month.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:24 pm

jimbop wrote:i appreciate our season starts Saturday so people are getting impatient but would we prefer to panic buy? i wouldn't.  ive seen people (not on here) saying Dr T is full of shit, same as lerner etc.  those same people moan about the size of our squad.  WHAT THE FOCK ARE THEY ON?? how can we keep adding when we need to get rid?? i fully trust Dr T who has filled me with more optimism in a few weeks than lerner ever did.  if we have to go into the first couple games as we are then so be it, we still have till the end of the month.

I very difficult but you are right!

Panic/rush buying gets you Richardson, Lescott, Heskey, Pires, N'Zogbia, Holt etc etc need I go on!

They were never going to heal 5 years of poisoning in 2 months.
DelboyVilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:32 pm

Not prefer to panic buy, but certainly need to buy before the deadline closes IMHO Jim.
Got to say I don't think Xia has filled me with more optimism than Lerner did when he first arrived - I think I was really excited about what was happening to Villa back then (oh if only I'd have known!!!). What Xia has done for me is to lift the lever on the Doom Valve and blow out a lot of depressing shit that we were mired in. Now to really get me excited, let's get some great signings in, win at Wednesday, stuff Rotherham and onwards and upwards thereafter. Then I'll be properly excited (I'm already optimistic but then that's my natural state in life anyway)  AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 1f600 .
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:47 pm

jimbop wrote:i appreciate our season starts Saturday so people are getting impatient but would we prefer to panic buy? i wouldn't.  ive seen people (not on here) saying Dr T is full of shit, same as lerner etc.  those same people moan about the size of our squad.  WHAT THE FOCK ARE THEY ON?? how can we keep adding when we need to get rid?? i fully trust Dr T who has filled me with more optimism in a few weeks than lerner ever did.  if we have to go into the first couple games as we are then so be it, we still have till the end of the month.

Panic buying tends to happen toward the end of a transfer window, ie when you've left it late and people know you're desperate for someone/anyone. As much as Lerner screwed up in following years I think most would have to admit that the first two or three years were quite exciting. Lots of money being spent, some exciting players, and a pretty decent team on the pitch. Xia has started by talking big, and thus far it's looking just that, talk. A lot of villa fans have heard enough talk over the last few years and will simply wait until the talk translates to 11 men on a football pitch, that look like they might actually win a game, happens before getting all frothy in their underwear.
Dazzle
Dazzle

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:49 pm

De Kuip wrote:Not prefer to panic buy, but certainly need to buy before the deadline closes IMHO Jim.
Got to say I don't think Xia has filled me with more optimism than Lerner did when he first arrived - I think I was really excited about what was happening to Villa back then (oh if only I'd have known!!!). What Xia has done for me is to lift the lever on the Doom Valve and blow out a lot of depressing shit that we were mired in. Now to really get me excited, let's get some great signings in, win at Wednesday, stuff Rotherham and onwards and upwards thereafter. Then I'll be properly excited (I'm already optimistic but then that's my natural state in life anyway)  AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 1f600 .

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 3769219917

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:58 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:Heskey, Pires

I seem to recall both were praised by some of the younger players, Pires in particular helped Albrighton. Sure, they were past their best (did Heskey always fall over whenever he kicked the ball?) and shouldn't have been on the pitch but the kind of players you need at your club, if only to help the players develop. I'd be very happy seeing someone like Pires back at Villa to help mentor the younger players, do we have anyone like that at the club who isn't in a coaching or managerial role?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:04 pm

FoxyAV wrote:

I seem to recall both were praised by some of the younger players, Pires in particular helped Albrighton. Sure, they were past their best (did Heskey always fall over whenever he kicked the ball?) and shouldn't have been on the pitch but the kind of players you need at your club, if only to help the players develop. I'd be very happy seeing someone like Pires back at Villa to help mentor the younger players, do we have anyone like that at the club who isn't in a coaching or managerial role?

To be fair everyone said Heskey was great to play with? Maybe because he made everyone else round him look skilled?

Pires That's the first I heard about him mentoring? Most of the talk around him was of his chauffeur driven car ferrying him to training daily?

It would be helpful to have a mentor though if we are going to use the younger players. Petrov would be the man IMO!
DelboyVilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:10 pm

FoxyAV wrote:

petrov

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:14 pm

Interview with Samuelson, mentions the possibility of buying/starting a club in India and mentions specifically the Delhi Dynamos.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:04 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Interview with Samuelson, mentions the possibility of buying/starting a club in India and mentions specifically the Delhi Dynamos.

could well be wrong here, but would this somehow assist with FFP rules?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:42 pm

jimbop wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Interview with Samuelson, mentions the possibility of buying/starting a club in India and mentions specifically the Delhi Dynamos.

Interesting point Jimbop, i don't know either.. i guess it depends how it is linked up etc but you would imagine there would be a way to do it somehow?
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:38 pm

Delhi Dynamos buy a player for 50m, then loan him to us?

Or he plays there for a short period, merchandise and branding of the big name in India pays for the fee, they then sell him to us for a cut price?

Surely it wouldn't be that easy...
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:43 pm

The Utterer wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Interesting point Jimbop, i don't know either.. i guess it depends how it is linked up etc but you would imagine there would be a way to do it somehow?

I think it could well be matey, he seems to have a plan that's been created for quite some time

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next