The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+44
Barabass
TheVillansOfAston
rosco77
Claret007
UnclePanda
achilles
1Elliot
Chrissylee1111
Gordonsleftboot
Villa_Dan
Con
Wookster
Aston Phila
Peter
Trotters
BillytheKid
De Kuip
Cha Ching
4BetLite
Wriggle
Alf T
VTID85
danclare82
KMitch
Dgrizzle7
Synopsis
Justice league
Heisenberg
Lammypaul
Dions_Bald_Head
Fpuppys
smetro
The Utterer
AstonThriller
Leafs1201
deadbuzzardalive
NARLA24
Trysullvilla
Boldfinger
andrew24561
jvilla
tonyp
DaveAV1
Mr_Spadge
48 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 9 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:18 am

smetro wrote:
jimbop wrote:I think the boys on the board show DR T's intentions, I really really think this is huge people, I love the fact he keeps mentioning winning the champions league Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana

youre not really taken in by talk of the CL are you ?  - he will have to top that 600 millon bank account up a few times !!!!!!!

Personally i hope he brings new energy , leadership , and expertise to our club. weve just been drifting without any direction for years. I don't actually think Xia his the financial ommph to catapult us into the CL. He seems to want to grow the brand - rather than pump in billions.

knew it wouldn't take long, didn't man city owners say sumet similar? why the fock cant we win it?? you stay on the negative boat matey, completely your choice. I'm gonna enjoy the ride

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 9 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:21 am

Alf T wrote:Honeymoon Period~ Yes?  AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 9 1f615

Xia has come in as a NEW OWNER, with a lot of doubt.
More so than Liverpool, Southampton, Sunderland, Everton, Palace, Bournemouth, Hull etc etc...

~ and etc.

I BLAME HOLLIS and his stupid statements about Xia designing / building the iconic "Birds Nest Stadium".
'journo worrry''

Then ...he actually designed the "Birds Nest Forest" next door...which he didn't.
[journo double worry
]

Xia has not corrected, nor even addressed those untruths.But sealed his Harvard 'Student Account' in the meantime.
And replaced a Vet as a Director on a newly registered Company..called RECON SPORTS, who will handle the dosh to Randy.
ALL VERY QUICK.

Just Two Weeks. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 9 1787200310

THEN he unveils the worst nightmare of a board anyone has ever seen. And smiles.

A man investigated for money-laundering by the FBI,...innocent but publicly announced....a man rejected once in a phoney-takeover at Reading by the FL

Another man selling Everton's training ground and renting it back, then trying to buy Everton and being thrown out....

And a bloody Venture Capitalist  AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 9 1787200310

Xia has shown us, the Daily Mail and presumably the PL & FL his stability and cheques.

So WHY does his board consist of "MONEY RAISERS" and "ASSET STRIPPERS" ?

That is their history...have they changed?
I was cautious about Xia from the outset because of the Hollis lies....YES...lies.

So, a man with aspirations to be a TOP 3 World team, connects with football's LEPERS ?

Whatever Wyness or Samuelson's "contacts" in the world of footie are....like BLATTER and PLATINI....they are diseased and dead. Basically worthless in terms of football.

So why hook-up with those two Xia ?

Why need a Venture Capilaist....basically a 'money-mover' be a part of your board?

We are in the 'Honeymoon Period' of a new owner......lots of kids and such, are rejoicing.

I'm an older bloke. More cynical...and very....very worried.

This new board only points one way.......

I fear the 3rd/4th interview, after the 'Honeymoon Phase'

EDIT:

For the "Hard-of -Hearing"~~~~ I'm not suggestin BMH will be sold off....nor we move to Solihull...those were two tricks in the past, when a certain club was told it would fold unless it followed their CEOs advice......etc etc

BS and Kenwright got rid of that CEO. There you go.....WHY is he here?

the PERIOD bit is right mate, when you due on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lammypaul Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:43 am

Madejski had been trying to sell Reading for 14 years and asked Samuelson's company to find someone, Zingarevich acquired 51% and was supposed to acquire the other 49% but Reading went down, Reading took out a loan with a reputable loan company for 10 million (11.5 with interest) which is nothing new as many clubs do this (West Ham, Southampton, Everton, to name a few) and it is paid back with television rights, Reading were going to pay it back with the 24 million parachute payment but did not so this loan company wanted to find a buyer. There were a few interested in Reading but they needed to pay the 21 million depts... Samuelson gets the blame because he found Zingarevich but Madejski was still at Reading and owned 49% when all this was going on he let them down as much as Zingarevich. Samuelson had an American consortium willing to pay 5 million MADEJSKI didn’t want the Americans and was talking to a billionaire from Israel but it was sold to a Tia family. Samuelson finds buyers who have an interest in investing in football but that is what his firm do so nothing unusual HE doesn’t not complete ANY checks that would be up to the present owners and the FA.
Samuelson was said to have interested parties in Bristol Rovers but he said himself, “When you buy a premier league Football club you need deep pockets, if you buy a club outside the premiership you need to see their growth capabilities, Bristol Rovers are a nice little club but where can they go”
Money laundering a dramatic word for tax haven, Speak to Costa Coffee or most other company’s regarding tax havens.
Everton Moved into a new training ground and sold their old Training ground to a developer for housing which would fund the stadium rebuild unfortunately Liverpool council would not grant the development so blame the Council.
Lammypaul
Lammypaul

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 9 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:59 am

Must be the fact that I'm foreign, but reading what Alf is posting makes my eyes bleed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:02 am

Joppe84 wrote:Must be the fact that I'm foreign, but reading what Alf is posting makes my eyes bleed.

lol and that's coming from you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:12 am

Not sure I follow. I strive quite hard to write coherent sentences.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:15 am

gutted, Hollis leaves Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Lammypaul Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:23 am

Alf has some valid concerns when you first look at the information out there but we have to distinguish rumours from Papers and Fans and fact, you usually find the truth is in there somewhere but it always sounds better with a little exaggeration.
Nothing we can do now as the deal is done so we wait and see. We all thought we would be competing when Randolph took over and look at us now.
Lammypaul
Lammypaul

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 9 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:16 am

good read this is people - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-steve-hollis-explains-11486266

I will comment for you Alf "good riddens I say"!

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:19 am

jimbop wrote:
smetro wrote:
jimbop wrote:I think the boys on the board show DR T's intentions, I really really think this is huge people, I love the fact he keeps mentioning winning the champions league Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana

youre not really taken in by talk of the CL are you ?  - he will have to top that 600 millon bank account up a few times !!!!!!!

Personally i hope he brings new energy , leadership , and expertise to our club. weve just been drifting without any direction for years. I don't actually think Xia his the financial ommph to catapult us into the CL. He seems to want to grow the brand - rather than pump in billions.

knew it wouldn't take long, didn't man city owners say sumet similar? why the fock cant we win it?? you stay on the negative boat matey, completely your choice. I'm gonna enjoy the ride

Im not being negative - I just don't think our takeover is on anything like the scale of Man City. That doesn't mean we can't as a club - operate a whole lot smarter - thats what I hope the new owner beings. Plenty of clubs get established in the premier league by doing that. But unless Im missing something blatantly obvious we aren't about to bankrolled into the champions league. - All IMO of course.

smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 9 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:27 am

smetro wrote:
jimbop wrote:
smetro wrote:

Im not being negative - I just don't think our takeover is on anything like the scale of Man City. That doesn't mean we can't as a club - operate a whole lot smarter - thats what I hope the new owner beings. Plenty of clubs get established in the premier league by doing that. But unless Im missing something blatantly obvious we aren't about to bankrolled into the champions league. - All IMO of course.

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 9 3769219917

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:39 pm

Why can't some just give Dr Xia a chance or at the very least time to actually see what he does here instead of predicting doom i mean for crying out loud if Dr Xia has somehow duped the FA fit and proper leagues test AND Di Matteo and Clarke just to sell our stadium or whatever rubbish is dreamt up about the bloke, rather than keep repeating and spreading over and over paranoid fears about Xia sit back and wait and see?
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 9 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:56 pm

BillytheKid wrote:Why can't some just give Dr Xia a chance or at the very least time to actually see what he does here instead of predicting doom i mean for crying out loud if Dr Xia has somehow duped the FA fit and proper leagues test AND Di Matteo and Clarke just to sell our stadium or whatever rubbish is dreamt up about the bloke, rather than keep repeating and spreading over and over paranoid fears about Xia sit back and wait and see?

He doesn't have to dupe them. Anybody could buy a club and then say "sorry there is no money for players" - but still pass the FL \ PL Tests. (Not that Xia has said that)
Lerner threw a fair whack of cash at the club - but didn't provide leadership, he didn't recruit well. In Keith Wyness we appear to have a very experienced CEO. I will be totally honest Im not convinced about RDM - I think he will want to everyone's friend, and as already hinted at healing the rift within the dressing room.
Personally I wanted someone to come in and rebuild the team from scratch, realistically that was never going to be RDM's style. Doesn't mean he will fail of course. Be interesting to see what that starting 11 looks like on Aug 6.
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 9 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aston Phila Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:29 pm

I think Smetro after last season it's easy to want to change the whole squad and start from scratch but imo it's risky trying to make too many changes in one summer. I think it's best just to get rid of a few, bring in about 5-6 players and heal the dressing room like you said. We all give our squad a hard time and rightly so but i think theres quiet a few of them that could do well in the championship and have us competing for promotion.
Aston Phila
Aston Phila

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:29 pm

smetro wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:Why can't some just give Dr Xia a chance or at the very least time to actually see what he does here instead of predicting doom i mean for crying out loud if Dr Xia has somehow duped the FA fit and proper leagues test AND Di Matteo and Clarke just to sell our stadium or whatever rubbish is dreamt up about the bloke, rather than keep repeating and spreading over and over paranoid fears about Xia sit back and wait and see?

He doesn't have to dupe them. Anybody could buy a club and then say "sorry there is no money for players" - but still pass the FL \ PL Tests. (Not that Xia has said that)
Lerner threw  a fair whack of cash at the club - but didn't provide leadership, he didn't recruit well. In Keith Wyness we appear to have a very experienced CEO. I will be totally honest Im not convinced about RDM - I think he will want to everyone's friend, and as already hinted at healing the rift within the dressing room.
Personally I wanted someone to come in and rebuild the team from scratch, realistically that was never going to be RDM's style. Doesn't mean he will fail of course. Be interesting to see what that starting 11 looks like on Aug 6.
It looks to me that the backroom staff that RDM has brought in are everything that TS didnt have, they are a battle hardened unit that are used to the top level but have worked in the Championship.
Squad wise we have been saying for the last couple of  seasons this lot deserve to be in the Championship so its money on the table time
Wookster
Wookster

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 9 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:59 pm

With this takeover I wonder if there will be any "in-between"? For me it either fails spectacularly or we become the next City/Chelsea over the next few years. Because when a man is prepared to say publicly that "he wants us to become one of the top three clubs in the world" and "To win the champions league once, twice or more" surely in the back of his mind there is something giving him that belief to make such a statement?

It could all be big talk for the sake of it but the question I have is what's the point? If he said "the aim is to get back into the premiership quickly, consolidate in the league, get into the top ten and then eventually challenge for a top six place" wouldn't everyone be happy with that? But no!!...he's shooting for the stars in a major way and that's why despite the denials I firmly believe he has major backing behind him (Chinese State) which is giving him the confidence to speak that way.

Of course the proof will be in the pudding. People are banging on about the board he's put together but the bottom line is THEY ARE FOOTBALL PEOPLE. Wyness was seen as one of the best CEO's in the game whilst at Everton and managed to seals several great deals when it comes to revenue. Samuelson had his time at Reading so knows the game inside out too. It is much more safer to bring in people who have seen it and done it in the English game rather than bring in a bunch of novices which Randy consistently did.

Once Xia has been here a year or two then I'm sure he will look at how he can improve the board even further. It will be very interesting to see who the "sporting director" will be when it comes to the scouting system and also who will be in-charge of the commercial department and so forth.

Yes we're entering the unknown but I can't help but be bloody excited. A manger like RDM and his coaching unit don't come here unless they've seen evidence of major plans afoot imo. Remember RDM was at a top German club, Clark was a manager in his own right, the keeper coach has been at Man City and the fitness coach was at Inter Milan!!..these are people working at the top level guys so they've obviously seen something from Xia that has attracted them here.

The doubters will always have something to say but I hope the majority will give Xia and co a chance and roar on the lads next season.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 9 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:20 pm

AstonThriller wrote:With this takeover I wonder if there will be any "in-between"? For me it either fails spectacularly or we become the next City/Chelsea over the next few years. Because when a man is prepared to say publicly that "he wants us to become one of the top three clubs in the world" and "To win the champions league once, twice or more" surely in the back of his mind there is something giving him that belief to make such a statement?

It could all be big talk for the sake of it but the question I have is what's the point? If he said "the aim is to get back into the premiership quickly, consolidate in the league, get into the top ten and then eventually challenge for a top six place" wouldn't everyone be happy with that? But no!!...he's shooting for the stars in a major way and that's why despite the denials I firmly believe he has major backing behind him (Chinese State) which is giving him the confidence to speak that way.

Of course the proof will be in the pudding. People are banging on about the board he's put together but the bottom line is THEY ARE FOOTBALL PEOPLE. Wyness was seen as one of the best CEO's in the game whilst at Everton and managed to seals several great deals when it comes to revenue. Samuelson had his time at Reading so knows the game inside out too. It is much more safer to bring in people who have seen it and done it in the English game rather than bring in a bunch of novices which Randy consistently did.

Once Xia has been here a year or two then I'm sure he will look at how he can improve the board even further. It will be very interesting to see who the "sporting director" will be when it comes to the scouting system and also who will be in-charge of the commercial department and so forth.

Yes we're entering the unknown but I can't help but be bloody excited. A manger like RDM and his coaching unit don't come here unless they've seen evidence of major plans afoot imo. Remember RDM was at a top German club, Clark was a manager in his own right, the keeper coach has been at Man City and the fitness coach was at Inter Milan!!..these are people working at the top level guys so they've obviously seen something from Xia that has attracted them here.

The doubters will always have something to say but I hope the majority will give Xia and co a chance and roar on the lads next season.
Best post ive read for a long time. Agree 100%!
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:21 pm

AstonThriller wrote:With this takeover I wonder if there will be any "in-between"? For me it either fails spectacularly or we become the next City/Chelsea over the next few years. Because when a man is prepared to say publicly that "he wants us to become one of the top three clubs in the world" and "To win the champions league once, twice or more" surely in the back of his mind there is something giving him that belief to make such a statement?

good post - a good balanced summary.

My view is that the board assembled is a lot more savvy than anything we seen under lerner. hopefully that will stop the rot and aimless drifting of the last few years. My hunch is that Samuelson has a fair of bit of clout on that board - he will want some return on his investment - hes not there because football is a hobby for him or he loves Aston Villa.

Im not convinced by RDM at all. Hes always worked with whats been left before him, and seems happy to work under a DOF structure. That said a decent striker, and CB - and we should be able to beat a lot of the dross in that division - certainly anything below 7th / 8th is failure IMO. RDM already seems reluctant to bomb players out and it seems he will try to pacify at least some of the bad eggs, maybe for RDM thats what he knows as he himself has said "ive worked with difficult dressing rooms before - and always managed to get them working together"

Anyway the here and now is next season - you don't billions and genius managers to get out of this division. Gary Megon, Roy Keane, Chris Hughton - have all taken clubs in turmoil to promotion - so its a very do able task.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:50 pm

AstonThiller wrote..........

" Because when a man is prepared to say publicly that "he wants us to become one of the top three clubs in the world" and "To win the champions league once, twice or more" surely in the back of his mind there is something giving him that belief to make such a statement? "

Good read mate, I think Xia will try his heart out and give everything and push his people to the limit to achieve his goal.
4BetLite
4BetLite

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 9 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:41 pm

THIS!!
Heisenberg
Heisenberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:17 am

Great post AThriller, sums up pretty much how I see it and my optimism. I really don't think RDM and his team would have come here if there wasn't something big happening.
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:56 am

Cheers for the positive comments lads AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 9 3769219917 . Something new news about Xia has broken overnight as well. It appears he actually came close to buying top French side Marseille before buying us!!.. HERE is a link to an article about it.

To me that's very interesting because that is one of the biggest club's in France and they are also a champions league/European side too so I imagine they would have cost a fair wack. Also Wyness in THIS article claims Xia is very serious about his champions league ambitions. And tbh Wyness does not appear to be a man who "plays the puppet" so to speak so it really is sounding like our DR could be the real deal my friends....i wonder what Shelley, Keith and Ianrobo are gonna say now? Laughing .
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 9 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:45 am

Wyness's comments in that article are very promising. First challenge is to get out of the Championship of course.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:23 pm

sorry if already posted. very funny.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-asked-alex-fergusons-8225643

Xia was just checking which was the manager to avoid at all costs.

Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:16 am

Wyness confirms that Xia is in talks to buy other football clubs.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/aston-villa-fc/2016/06/20/chief-executive-keith-wyness-aston-villa-in-talks-to-buy-foreign-clubs/

'Clubs in India, the USA, Australia and China are thought to have been identified as potential franchises as Xia looks to replicate the success of Manchester City.

Several franchises operate under the City Football Group banner including New York City in the MLS and Melbourne City in Australia’s A-League. Wyness said: “It’s similar. The idea is to have a comprehensive pool of talent and abilities to take players up through different stages of club experience.

“Depending on their age, development, talent. Give yourself that opportunity to monitor the talent very closely wherever they are.

“It won’t be announced this week but we’re in active discussions that’s all I can say. Every club has different factors but we have identified a number and we are in discussions.”

Xia hopes to make Villa the most popular club in China and Wyness, whose appointment is expected to be approved by the Football League later this week, wants to make the most of their marketing potential in the Far East.

He said: “

We’ve got an opportunity to be the best in the business.” '

All sounds very promising to me.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next