The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The all singing all dancing...I will get my coat thread...You heard it here first.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The all singing all dancing...I will get my coat thread...You heard it here first.

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:33 am

Still waiting for Captain Cockwomble's head to be impaled on a flagpole down VP!!!!!!!

Com'on Tony has already slated the recruitment from last year, finish the prick off now!!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Re: The all singing all dancing...I will get my coat thread...You heard it here first.

Post by Trotters on Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:39 am

Assuming you mean Riley, I have been thinking of a post from a while back that identified his signings (or at least, players he recommended even if he didn't actually do the contractual bits).

And to be fair, they're not bad.

It's just that these signings were forced on subsequent managers and, as we know, managers don't usually like being kept out of the loop and so maybe (just like the "MoneyBall" movie the project was named for) those managers didn't use the players as they were meant to be used. Christ knows it was bizarre seeing wingers whipping the ball into an empty box and then when Gusted did come on, the wingers were more often than not taken off. Bizarre stuff!

But what if Robert of Matthews identified that we needed, say, a new centre-back and the club gave Riley the task of football-manager'ing 5 candidates that, according to his iPad stats, would work with what the manager wanted to do and then Roberto had the final say. That might work OK.

Riley looks like a smug prick. And he's no doubt responsible for a lot of what went on in our relegation season. But I also can't help but think that he was paid to do a job that really was not what the club needed but, he kinda did it ok within the means and restrictions he was given. Maybe this is the sort of stuff Arsenal does (but a supercharged version where contacts are wide and money/influence isn't an issue) but where Arsene gets the final say.

Food for thought.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:45 pm

Trotts I think what happened last summer was Sherwood said I need an Andros Townsend or Aaron Lennon and Riley came back and said too pricey but how about an Adama Traore?

OK the likes of Gana, Vertout, Ayew, Gestede, and Amavi were not our worst players last year but to expect these all to hit the ground running at the same time was silly?

The problems actually stem from Lambert and his young and hungry policy changing to an old and greedy policy. This was compounded by giving out lengthy high value contracts to below average players.

Essentially the man to blame is Lerner and his inability to appoint the right people at the right time.

Rley is a scapegoat but the Teflon nature of his contract make him an easy target and a deserved one at that!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:00 pm

Add Guzan and Westwood to the 'don't give a shit' list.
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:13 am

Westwood has a good engine but can't really tackle. And he's not a lot of use going forward - at least from what I've seen.

I do wonder if his words from when he first joined are haunting him: that he seems himself as a deep lying, Carrick-style player. Because he's really not. Hopefully RDM will find out where he's best used because he can't tackle like Sanchez, he can't read a game like Gana and he can't pass the ball forward like Veretout.

He's not really kicked on massively since he joined us so maybe this is his year to do that under a decent manager/coach.

Having said all that...squad player. Keep.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:01 am

Di Matteo and Clarke will have a plan no doubt. A lot of last years cronies will not be wearing the Claret and Blue of Villa again.
Big changes in the team are needed and i think this will happen. The players that will come in are anyones guess, we all have our particular favorites. Players going out,,,,Well, like i said i would not expect Bacuna and Richardson to be available for selection.
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden on Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:12 am

It's a shame that I'll look at that yellow away top with sadness and anger over last season because it was my favourite away top ever. Those arsehole players are the shit that keep on shitting.
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by villan007 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:18 am

@NARLA24 wrote:Di Matteo and Clarke will have a plan no doubt. A lot of last years cronies will not be wearing the Claret and Blue of Villa again.
Big changes in the team are needed and i think this will happen. The players that will come in are anyones guess, we all have our particular favorites. Players going out,,,,Well, like i said i would not expect Bacuna and Richardson to be available for selection.

How can you give the bullet to someone who's out of contract anyway? Richardson has already gone with Nzog.

Was this supposed to be ITK material?

villan007

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:18 am

@Tyler Durden wrote:It's a shame that I'll look at that yellow away top with sadness and anger over last season because it was my favourite away top ever. Those arsehole players are the shit that keep on shitting.
Spot on Tyler.
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:20 am

@villan007 wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:Di Matteo and Clarke will have a plan no doubt. A lot of last years cronies will not be wearing the Claret and Blue of Villa again.

How can you give the bullet to someone who's out of contract anyway? Richardson has already gone with Nzog.

Was this supposed to be ITK material?
Not at all it was told to me the day Di Matteo was announced by an employee of 35 yrs standing at Villa fella that these contracts would not be renewed, so not itk, just a bit of info from inside the usually secretive camp that is Villa.
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:04 am

I generally agree with what everyone's said about who should go. However, I really feel that Cissokho put in a shift every game and Westwood was not our worst player on any given day.
First out the door should be Lescott holding the hands of N'Zogbia, Richardson, Richards and Gabby. Whoever has a shotgun should take care of Bacuna -nasty little shit! I agree Guzan has had a horror season but has it REALLY been all his fault?

I can see that Lyden may well be one of the midfielders we need to create things.

In Roberto We Trust
VTID UTV SOTC
WendyOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:33 am

Welcome back from your holibobs!

I agree with every word but is being "not the worst player" a good enough reason to hold onto him? Westwood, I mean.

I'm really undecided as to whether he'd be the single best holding midfielder in the league or shown up for what he is...A league 1 player that got lucky.

I often wonder if there'll be a bit of the psychology that I honestly believe got to nzog; the standout player in a shit team that everyone adored but at a big club the big fish/small pond label no longer applied.

In Westwood's case, his experience in the top flight should serve him well and a couple of good games could really develop the big fish attitude that might see him shine.

If we heard tomorrow he was being released I don't think I'd lose any sleep as you'd have to assume that someone better is set to come in to replace him. But I do think he's earned a go and look forward to seeing how he performs against slower opposition.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:33 am

Westwood is a tidy player and this step down might give him the extra space and time on the ball to pick a forward pass instead of always looking to turn away from the opposition, but sometimes you need a player with the courage to make things happen and he's not that player for me. There may be a place in the team/squad for his type but we need also a different type this season.

How many goals have we scored from midfield since Milner left? We need someone who will burst a lung to get into the box to support our attacks. Maybe Veretout will step up, but again, he doesn't look like he has the mobility or stamina. Ideally we need a Milner clone as well as an old head that can control games with vision and intelligence.
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:37 pm

Dorrans scored 18 goals in the season the boggies got automatic promotion under RDM so this is the type of player we need!

For me Westwood is a defensive midfielder who can't tackle? A bit pointless to me?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:59 am

@WendyOz wrote:I generally agree with what everyone's said about who should go. However, I really feel that Cissokho put in a shift every game and Westwood was not our worst player on any given day.
First out the door should be Lescott holding the hands of N'Zogbia, Richardson, Richards and Gabby. Whoever has a shotgun should take care of Bacuna -nasty little shit! I agree Guzan has had a horror season but has it REALLY been all his fault?

I can see that Lyden may well be one of the midfielders we need to create things.

In Roberto We Trust
VTID UTV SOTC

what's with all the angst towards Baccuna? I know he has delusions of grandeur wanting to play for a champions league team but I got his shirt after a game this season and it was drenched in sweat, the guy puts a full shift in and I would never criticise a player who puts the effort in, even if the ability is lacking.
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger on Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:06 am

@andrew24561 wrote:
@WendyOz wrote:I generally agree with what everyone's said about who should go. However, I really feel that Cissokho put in a shift every game and Westwood was not our worst player on any given day.

In Roberto We Trust
VTID UTV SOTC

what's with all the angst towards Baccuna? I know he has delusions of grandeur wanting to play for a champions league team but I got his shirt after a game this season and it was drenched in sweat, the guy puts a full shift in and I would never criticise a player who puts the effort in, even if the ability is lacking.

are you real? Baccuna is absolute dog shit, his ability is rubbish, his effort is wank and his attitude is disgusting he is a comnplete waste of a villa top.
sorry for the foul language but i am livid that a villa fan can try to defend bacunna (useless twat)
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:22 am

don't know how you can say his effort is wank when I got his shirt that was drenched in sweat, ok his attitude is delusional and his ability limited, but the point I was trying to make was that the quote 'whoever has  a shotgun should take care of Baccuna-nasty little shit' was over the top, in my opinion which i'm entitled to.
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger on Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:41 am

@andrew24561 wrote:don't know how you can say his effort is wank when I got his shirt that was drenched in sweat, ok his attitude is delusional and his ability limited, but the point I was trying to make was that the quote 'whoever has  a shotgun should take care of Baccuna-nasty little shit' was over the top, in my opinion which i'm entitled to.
when you got his shirt it had been raining, dont confuse rain with sweat or effort - every villa fan i know would have thrown his shirt back at him. you have your opinion and you are entitled to it but dont try to tell me that he put 100% in for the villa because my eyes do not lie to me they see fact not opinion.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:12 am

Petrov's used to be soaked after 5 mins. Thierry Henry could run the length of the pitch on 90 mins and wouldn't even be breathing hard let alone soaked in sweat.

Bacuna symbolises everything that's wrong with Villa; he might look like hes trying but I've yet to see his stats anywhere in the top list of players (Westwood was almost always up there); he can barely be bothered to track back; rarely does a pass and move (rather pass and watch); his positioning defensively is poor; to be honest I'm really struggling to find a positive.

Then he reckons he should be playing for someone better??

Google him in 3 years. Bet you'll never have heard of the team he's playing for.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:28 am

Seems like we have a few blue nose wind up merchants on this site........

Bacuna is not worth discussing along with the rest of the shitsquad.

Its time for the new Villa now, anyway, in keeping with the theme of this thread, we have been linked with Boaz Myhill, a marked improvement over the current keepers and maybe the sort of level we need for the year/2 till we start raiding the like of Chelsea and Liverpool etc
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:55 pm

An alternate opinion doesn't make someone a Villa hating, slum-dwelling, 12-toed, inbred freak.

Unless his wife is a Villa hating, slum-dwelling, 12-toed, inbred freak and he goes to their games because he has a season ticket.

But please let's not be throwing word-grenades.

Ta.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:31 pm

Westwood can't score for toffee (apart from those two excellent goals at the end of the season) but his distribution is excellent. He was fine in the middle of a 4-3-3 defensive midfield but is lost playing anywhere else. Like I said before he should never be allowed in our own penalty area or on the pitch at the same time as Sanchez, as they end up trying to do the same thing and without fail turn us into a 10-man team. 9-man if Gabby is on the pitch too.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:14 am

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-latest-name-leave-aston-11452633

Aston Villa’s chief commercial officer Charlie Wijeratna has parted company with the club, the Birmingham Mail understands.
Another one gone, only Reilly left from memory.

Hope they make a start on the shitsquad soon.
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum