The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Manager: Roberto's own thread

+44
big ming
Dions_Bald_Head
Thinman
mefromhere
Saunders82
CoE82
Dazzle
Synopsis
UnclePanda
Aston Phila
Con
TheVillansOfAston
Terry Derry
danclare82
AstonThriller
Army villain
Villa_Dan
DelboyVilla
VTID85
FoxyAV
andrew24561
BillytheKid
VillaBill
deadbuzzardalive
KMitch
avfc85
Fpuppys
avfc forever
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
Villa Ranger
Boldfinger
Cha Ching
Wriggle
1Elliot
The Utterer
DaveAV1
jeffvilla
4BetLite
Trotters
Mr_Spadge
Lammypaul
De Kuip
smetro
48 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Should he stay or should he go?

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 15 I_vote_lcap83%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 15 I_vote_rcap 83% 
[ 20 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 15 I_vote_lcap8%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 15 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 15 I_vote_lcap0%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 15 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 15 I_vote_lcap0%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 15 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 15 I_vote_lcap8%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 15 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 24

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Manager: Roberto's own thread

Post by smetro Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:27 pm

Reputable poster on vt reckons a current player has told him he has been sacked.
smetro
smetro

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 15 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:53 pm

It's a shame as i wanted him to be a huge success obviously but it's just not happening for him is it. With the tools we have player wise we should not be 19th after 11 games.

So here's one to stir your feathers!..... If a new manager comes in i feel that Gabby's pace on the break would massively help in bringing our strikers into the game more stopping teams going at us so much in the last 10 mins of games. It's a lack of pace on the break in my opinion which is one of our major issues. De Leat was brought in mainly to give us more pace on the break and he's out for the season meaning we lack pace. As a result teams do not feel threatened enough with our ability to counter quickly and so it creates an end of game free for all thus resulting in us throwing the hard work away which really is the main reason we are so low in the table.

So Should Gabby get a chance under a new manager? I know he's peed us all off and Xia too so it maybe won't happen but i would like to see what difference it made personally... Gabby loves Derby games too..Just saying!!
The Utterer
The Utterer

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 15 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:17 am

RDM has no one to blame but himself as he is clearly a tactical retard!

As for Gabby? Flogging a dead hors That's like saying Red Rum could still win the Grand National and expecting a pot of glue to jump over Beeches Brook?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:34 am

The only thing they should use Gabby as is a speed bump at the entrance to the car park at the back of the North Stand, any manager that gives him a 50th chance to fuck the dressing room will fail.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 15 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:47 am

Plus I don't think that we lack pace in Kodjia, Ayew, McCormack, Adomah, RHM and Green? What we lack is someone who can pass the ball out of defence? We don't ever need Gabby again!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:50 am

I think we lack organisation more than anything. If a manager got players to understand their roles and create balance in our side, we would become much better very quickly.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:10 am

He's officially gone on the club website!!!! Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana

Sorry can post link as I am at work!

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/10/03/club-statement-roberto-di-matteo
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:15 am

Typical I am the only one here when he officially goes!!!

Wake Up you guys!!!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:24 am

morning del, being a villa fan is frustrating but it sure as hell ain't boring.

who we gonna get?
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:37 am

4BetLite wrote:morning del, being a villa fan is frustrating but it sure as hell ain't boring.

who we gonna get?

Morning mate

Doesn't help me being 2 hours ahead of UK?

I can see David Wagner from Huddersfield or Lee Johnson of Bristol City being high on the list?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:38 am

And so the merry go round spins again and we hope someone who is the right fit for the club jumps on. Fair play to all those who said he wasn't the right man for the job.  Personally I thought he'd do a job and be a success for us. But that never happened. I think I started to really worry when  window closed and even my 2 year old could have seen that not buying the right people in mid and defence was going to be like having a racing engine without a gearbox and fuel tank. Plus, given his links with Chelsea and the fact that they have about 500 players out on loan,  I was surprised he couldn't call on that avenue as a possible resource. But I think the final confirmation that he wasn't going to be the manager we needed was in his often baffling team selections and his lack of tactical responses to changes  in the games as they were happening.
He seemed a decent bloke and I wish him well for the future, but I'm glad villa have made the decision before the wolves and scum games to at least give us a chance.  Only depressing thing is that we have another fucking jock in charge at present and that must change quickly.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 15 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:43 am

De Kuip wrote:And so the merry go round spins again and we hope someone who is the right fit for the club jumps on. Fair play to all those who said he wasn't the right man for the job.  Personally I thought he'd do a job and be a success for us. But that never happened. I think I started to really worry when  window closed and even my 2 year old could have seen that not buying the right people in mid and defence was going to be like having a racing engine without a gearbox and fuel tank. Plus, given his links with Chelsea and the fact that they have about 500 players out on loan,  I was surprised he couldn't call on that avenue as a possible resource. But I think the final confirmation that he wasn't going to be the manager we needed was in his often baffling team selections and his lack of tactical responses to changes  in the games as they were happening.
He seemed a decent bloke and I wish him well for the future, but I'm glad villa have made the decision before the wolves and scum games to at least give us a chance.  Only depressing thing is that we have another fucking jock in charge at present and that must change quickly.

I personally probably owe Smetro an apology?

Sorry Smetro Embarassed Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 15 1956653425 cheers
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:05 am

In the end RDM seemed to have the tactical ineptitude of Sherwood & the quiet, nice-guy personality of Garde.

Next time we need it the other way round please!
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 15 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:26 am

Just saw this on twitter. Mind-boggling if true...

Not long told by source close to club, 'many players bemused/disappointed' with Di Matteo sacking + 'felt progression was being made'
Trotters
Trotters

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 15 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:32 am

Trotters wrote:Just saw this on twitter. Mind-boggling if true...

Not long told by source close to club, 'many players bemused/disappointed' with Di Matteo sacking + 'felt progression was being made'

Unbelievable (if true)!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:42 am

Progression? Whichever players feel this way should be binned off immediately!

2 points off the relegation zone and losing to Preston is progress???
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:50 am

Who said that? Westwood, Bunn and Hutton?????? FFS!!!!!! Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 15 1327487109
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:40 pm

There was progression, but it was progression to league 1, we need new manager asap, and before the wolves game, swansea have just sacked manager and appointed new manager on same day so not hard.

glad he's gone as never rated him but like others was hoping to be proved wrong.

We might not like him but I think Steve Bruce is what we need to sort out the players or a manager of his ilk.

Time for a tough no nonsense manager.
CoE82
CoE82

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:49 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:
De Kuip wrote:And so the merry go round spins again and we hope someone who is the right fit for the club jumps on. Fair play to all those who said he wasn't the right man for the job.  Personally I thought he'd do a job and be a success for us. But that never happened. I think I started to really worry when  window closed and even my 2 year old could have seen that not buying the right people in mid and defence was going to be like having a racing engine without a gearbox and fuel tank. Plus, given his links with Chelsea and the fact that they have about 500 players out on loan,  I was surprised he couldn't call on that avenue as a possible resource. But I think the final confirmation that he wasn't going to be the manager we needed was in his often baffling team selections and his lack of tactical responses to changes  in the games as they were happening.

I personally probably owe Smetro an apology?

Sorry Smetro Embarassed Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 15 1956653425 cheers

No need mate.

To qualify - I thought Lescot would be good for us !
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:51 pm

Obviously thought what was good enough for Lerner would do for the good Doctor. no so my friends.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Barabass Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:10 pm

smetro wrote:

Obviously thought what was good enough for Lerner would do for the good Doctor. no so my friends.

If losing less games by drawing them instead is progression then I guess they are right. However it's not the sort of progression that we need when aiming for instant promotion. We need to convert those loses into wins.

RDM was talking about promotion within 2 seasons, probably because he wanted to try and stabilise the team before pushing on. That's not what I really wanted us to do this season but I'm thinking it's what the new manager will have to do.
Barabass
Barabass

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:46 pm

Barabass wrote:
smetro wrote:

If losing less games by drawing them instead is progression then I guess they are right. However it's not the sort of progression that we need when aiming for instant promotion. We need to convert those loses into wins.

RDM was talking about promotion within 2 seasons, probably because he wanted to try and stabilise the team before pushing on. That's not what I really wanted us to do this season but I'm thinking it's what the new manager will have to do.

It's quite ironic that I initially thought at the beginning of the season that I would be happy with promotion within 2 seasons, that has changed with the realisation that with the money involved and the difference between the PL and Championship moneywise growing vastly we cannot afford to be out of the PL longer than 1 season.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:00 pm

achilles wrote:
Barabass wrote:
smetro wrote:

It's quite ironic that I initially thought at the beginning of the season that I would be happy with promotion within 2 seasons, that has changed with the realisation that with the money involved and the difference between the PL and Championship moneywise growing vastly we cannot afford to be out of the PL longer than 1 season.

I saw some stas at the weekend. no team with a few points as we have at this point in the season has ever been promoted. Thanks to money box face the season is a write off...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:22 pm

smetro wrote:
achilles wrote:
Barabass wrote:
smetro wrote:

I saw some stas at the weekend. no team with a few points as we have at this point in the season has ever been promoted. Thanks to money box face the season is a write off...

We break all the bad stats, why not break a good one for a change?
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:40 pm

Did a bit of research, as a STH, these are the home games inclusive of Lamberts last game in charge
Lambert V Chelsea 1-2 (07/02/15)
Sherwood V Stoke 1-2 (21/02/15)
Sherwood V WBA 2-1 (03/03/15)
Sherwood V Swansea 0-1 (21/03/15)
Sherwood V QPR 3-3 (07/4/15)
Sherwood V Everton 3-2 (02/05/15)
Sherwood V West Ham 1-0 (09/05/15)
Sherwood V Burnley 0-1 (24/05/15)
Sherwood V Man U 0-1 (22/08/15)
Sherwood v Sunderland 2-2 (29/08/15)
Sherwood v WBA 0-1 (19/09/15)
Sherwood V Stoke 0-1 (03/10/15)
Sherwood V Swansea 1-2 (24/10/15)
Garde V Man C 0-0 (08/11/15)
Garde V Watford 2-3 (21/11/15)
Garde V Arsenal 0-2 (13/12/15)
Garde V west Ham 1-1 (26/12/15)
Garde V Palace 1-0 (12/01/16)
Garde V Leicester 1-1 (16/01/16)
Garde V Norwich 2-0 (06/02/16)
Garde V Liverpool 0-6 (14/02/16)
Garde V Everton 1-3 (01/03/16)
Garde V Spurs 0-2 (13/03/16)
Black V Chelsea 0-4 (02/04/16)
Black V Bournemouth 1-2 (09/04/16)
Black V Soton 2-4 (23/04/16)
Black V Newcastle 0-0 (07/05/16)
RDM V Rotherham 3-0 (13/08/16)
RDM V Huddersfield 1-1 (16/08/16)
RDM V Forest 2-2 (11/09/16)
RDM V Brentford 1-1
RDM V Newcastle 1-1 (24/09/16)
To summarise 5 managers, 6 wins & BTW I missed the Norwich 2-0 & the Rotherham 3-0, my games come to managers 5v4 wins
VillaBill
VillaBill

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 15 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next