The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Manager: Roberto's own thread

+44
big ming
Dions_Bald_Head
Thinman
mefromhere
Saunders82
CoE82
Dazzle
Synopsis
UnclePanda
Aston Phila
Con
TheVillansOfAston
Terry Derry
danclare82
AstonThriller
Army villain
Villa_Dan
DelboyVilla
VTID85
FoxyAV
andrew24561
BillytheKid
VillaBill
deadbuzzardalive
KMitch
avfc85
Fpuppys
avfc forever
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
Villa Ranger
Boldfinger
Cha Ching
Wriggle
1Elliot
The Utterer
DaveAV1
jeffvilla
4BetLite
Trotters
Mr_Spadge
Lammypaul
De Kuip
smetro
48 posters

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Should he stay or should he go?

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 11 I_vote_lcap83%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 11 I_vote_rcap 83% 
[ 20 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 11 I_vote_lcap8%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 11 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 11 I_vote_lcap0%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 11 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 11 I_vote_lcap0%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 11 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 11 I_vote_lcap8%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 11 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 24

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Manager: Roberto's own thread

Post by mefromhere Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:57 pm

I've been having this conversation a lot lately ... for me it's not the "same" mistake every week. I can't argue that the timing is painfully similar but it's something different every time. (Gollini a couple, leaving a man at the back post, missing tackles in midfield)

I can accept that RDM is partially to blame here but to be honest the players need to step up for me. Maybe it's the pressure of being expected to win for a big club in the championship but it's almost entirely psychological
mefromhere
mefromhere

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 11 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:12 pm

Elphick - captained Bournemouth to 2 promotions
Jedinak - captained Palace to promotion
Adomah - promoted with Boro
McCormack - top scorer over the last how many seasons

Sorry but I don't for a second believe it is some psychological issue. We've signed players who know this league
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 11 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:14 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Have we been playing well? Maybe for 20-30mins each game but not consistently

Thats the problem, there are fans saying 10 games is not enough, and if the performances were good then I could understand but they are not, and dont look like improving, the players are to blame as well but they dont select themselves or formation and tactics, if you ask me 10 games in and I have a fucking clue what our tactics are.

Maybe get a goal and try to hold on as thats all it looks like to me.
CoE82
CoE82

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 11 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:04 am

Villa_Dan wrote:Elphick - captained Bournemouth to 2 promotions
Jedinak - captained Palace to promotion
Adomah - promoted with Boro
McCormack - top scorer over the last how many seasons

Sorry but I don't for a second believe it is some psychological issue. We've signed players who know this league

Exactly. We have the tools to win this league, and win it by some margin. That the only team we've beat (and I'd like to play them now just to see what happens) is fucking Rotherham speaks volumes.

@mefromhere has said that, although the timing is consistent, it's not the same - and you might argue that case. But why is it that were only ever one goal to the good at the 85 minute mark? Why can't we score 2 or 3 or 4?

We've assembled a side not unlike the Keagan team....might ship a few goals, but we can score a boatload. But we're not. And that, among other issues, is squarely on RDM's head. When the football is exciting, it's exciting for the wrong reasons; we're at panic stations trying in vain to defend a lead or we're throwing the kitchen sink to claw something back.

Fuck's sake, we should be demolishing other teams!

I wonder what the changing room I see like? RDM has signed all these "leaders", promotion candidates and captains so I'll be my bottom dollar they're not all sat there in silence after the game. I would not be surprised if RDM has lost the changing room now. A lot of these players left their clubs for a promise of great things and they won't be happy.
Trotters
Trotters

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 11 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:05 am

big ming wrote:Repeating the same mistake time after time and expecting a different outcome is the definition of something or other, but I can't remember what?

Alzheimer's.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:46 am

mefromhere wrote:I've been having this conversation a lot lately ... for me it's not the "same" mistake every week. I can't argue that the timing is painfully similar but it's something different every time. (Gollini a couple, leaving a man at the back post, missing tackles in midfield)

I can accept that RDM is partially to blame here but to be honest the players need to step up for me. Maybe it's the pressure of being expected to win for a big club in the championship but it's almost entirely psychological

Its the same every week tactically.
If you are a goal up with 15 minutes to go, your substitions should be used to pack the midfield and create two "banks of four" in the final third. You then deny any space for the opposition. At the same time, you use your best ball retainer upfield as an outlet with someone like Amavi ready to break in support.
Individual mistakes are a pain but they are only given chances to happen due to the tactics.
If he had done the above on each occasion that we were winning late on, I believe we would be second in the league.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:48 am

Trotters wrote:
big ming wrote:Repeating the same mistake time after time and expecting a different outcome is the definition of something or other, but I can't remember what?

Alzheimer's.

Thanks. Wondered where my pants were. Just found them on my head!
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:00 am

Has to go now as performances are getting worse not better!
DelboyVilla

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 11 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:31 am

I feel there are a few things at play here in this "draw-a-thon"
1. Way too many sitters are being missed which lies firmly on the players.
2. Bad luck - How many times have we hit the woodwork?
3. Injuries disrupting the cohesion too often.
4. Poor tactical decisions which lies with RDM
5. Goalkeeping errors- way too many for my liking though he is and will improve

All of the above lead to the below

6. Entering the final 10 mins with the game not put to bed
7. Opposition raises their game and pushes for an equaliser because Villa is a big scalp for them.
8. Opposing teams will have been briefed that we are likely to concede late if they push on.

Result = late goals against and our promotion hopes in tatters.

Solution =

1. Stop missing sitters,
2. Much more tactical nouse needed to close the games out now that we know teams will be "after" our scalp in the last 10 mins especially.

It appears RDM is saying today he's not sure why it keeps happening

Well for me the above is why. It's like us being 0-1 down at home to Mourinho's Chelsea a few years back.. we went all out for them coz it was a big scalp and the game was "gettable" and often we would equalise or even win on occasion. The same applies here in my opinion but we are the "Chelsea" in this division. The tactics should reflect that especially in the last 10 mins when just a goal up or with scores level.

We also need to realise that if we go 2 or 3 up teams heads will drop leading to much easier wins and teams will shut up shop to prevent getting slaughtered rather than go for us. Case in point is our only win against Rotherham! Score 3 and their heads will drop = comfy win.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:42 am

The Utterer wrote:I feel there are a few things at play here in this "draw-a-thon"
1. Way too many sitters are being missed which lies firmly on the players.
2. Bad luck - How many times have we hit the woodwork?
3. Injuries disrupting the cohesion too often.
4. Poor tactical decisions which lies with RDM
5. Goalkeeping errors- way too many for my liking though he is and will improve

All of the above lead to the below

6. Entering the final 10 mins with the game not put to bed
7. Opposition raises their game and pushes for an equaliser because Villa is a big scalp for them.
8. Opposing teams will have been briefed that we are likely to concede late if they push on.

Result = late goals against and our promotion hopes in tatters.

Solution =

1. Stop missing sitters,
2. Much more tactical nouse needed to close the games out now that we know teams will be "after" our scalp in the last 10 mins especially.

It appears RDM is saying today he's not sure why it keeps happening

Well for me the above is why. It's like us being 0-1 down at home to Mourinho's Chelsea a few years back.. we went all out for them coz it was a big scalp and the game was "gettable" and often we would equalise or even win on occasion. The same applies here in my opinion but we are the "Chelsea" in this division. The tactics should reflect that especially in the last 10 mins when just a goal up or with scores level.

We also need to realise that if we go 2 or 3 up teams heads will drop leading to much easier wins and teams will shut up shop to prevent getting slaughtered rather than go for us. Case in point is our only win against Rotherham! Score 3 and their heads will drop = comfy win.
Couldn't agree more mate. We need to be scoring more than one a game and we might start winning games. Like you say 2-0 up at half time v Rotherham and it was an easy win.
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:48 am

Got to go on a winning streak of at least five games ,scoring plenty of goals in the process. Confidence boost and we will fly.
Nothing but a win in the next game will do. Draw or lose and Matteo has to be shown the door. This late equaliser shit is doing my head in.
We should be putting ourselves out of sight against these teams. Spineless tactics by Matteo.
Pissed right off.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 11 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:17 am

big ming wrote:
Trotters wrote:

Alzheimer's.

Thanks. Wondered where my pants were. Just found them on my head!

That's just called "Preparing for Friday Night"
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:21 am

Good post @The Utterer.

Dunno if I'd call us the "Chelsea" of this league though! Laughing
Did RDM really come out and say he doesn't know why it's happening??? Jesus!

I think a lot of the "sitters" are being missed for the same reason that Ayew is a selfish bastard at times: the strikers are feeling the pressure, big time.

We need a won. A big one. But then, the hammering we gave Rotherham did nothing to change things did it?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:05 am

We all know our midfield is weak. Only reason it's held half together is when Tshibola plays.

So when we are 1-0 up and are BOUND to receive a heap of pressure, and our manager takes off Tshibola, for a midfielder we know doesn't cut it ( i.e. Westwood). A midfielder that doesn't have the strength, tackling or presence to make a difference, then I question his management ability. If Tshibola can't in any way continue and Westwood must come on, at least either pull one striker down to midfield for an extra body, or sub off a striker for Gardner or another player. It's obvious you should then pack the midfield.

And this management comes from a player that was central midfielder. It's hard to get your head around.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:19 am

After last night the excuses don't wash with me anymore!

People say we have had bad luck? How!

We have had injuries? No more than anyone else in my opinion?

We have a lot of new players waiting to gel? Last year I would agree with this but other than Gollini every other player has had extensive and successful times in this league?

We are drawing not losing? Well stick this side in the Premier and I think we would be looking at 11 loses by now?

I really think that RDM has no idea why we are losing and that is the major problem! He is clueless! The players know this and the performances are dropping in quality!

Get rid now rather than just sit there doing nothing hoping our 'luck' will change, it won't!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:22 am

Lets be innovative, why not fine the forwards if they do not score, fine the defenders and keeper if we concede and as for the midfielders....... if their tacking and distribution stats are below par then its death by bumbum.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:47 am

I'm just not bothered anymore! Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 11 1327487109
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:22 pm

The comments from the manager, he admits he is finding it hard to understand why Aston Villa keep conceding late goals,
Need to look into a mirror you are the main reason, bad subs, 
We could have won most of our games, and the league table would have us near the top.
The manager needs to win the next few games or he should resign and say sorry I am not up to getting villa back in the premiership.
When we dropped into this league I was hoping with the new manager, new owner, new team we would be winning games.
But it's the same old problems ! Panic in the last 10 minutes and it's a loss or draw.
Westwood is no good in this team, get rid jinx, 
Rant over hope we do better this week end UTV
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:52 pm

Never pay too much attention to whats said \ not said in press conferences.
Weve recruited a manager who never stays anywhere long, who has spent £60m , yet has won 1 game in 10, 1 in 11 if you count the cup defeat at League 2 Luton.

Provide all the theories you like. We have a manager who doesn't win enough games. Thats a problem - I hope XIA doesn't bottle it. RDM isn't going to turn this around - not saturday, not november, not next season - Get rid today - move on...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:55 pm

Has he gone yet?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:00 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:Has he gone yet?

Much as I think a decisive 'youre out' would be the right thing. I think he gets Saturday now. If he stays much beyond that Xia looses a degree of credibility for me.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:17 pm

Well it's up to the players to get behind the manager if they want him to stay, and start getting more then one goal, so we do not panic in the last ten minutes.
Next game we need at least two goals, with the strikers we have we should be able to do that.
We should be able to keep the pressure for the full 90 minutes.
Midfield is a problem, a pity it was not addressed properly at the start of the season.
So we have to use our strengths which is attack and keep on attacking not defend a one goal lead, which leads to what we have been watching.
So it's up to the manager and players .
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:55 pm

I just cant see how he can stay, even just for saturdays game, the stat's don't lie, 1 win in 10 and 11 points lost from a winning position, as much as you can blame the players its the manager picking the formation and tactics and we can all see there totally wrong, its the manager that takes off a midfielder and brings on another striker when we are trying to close a game out. we can all see we are getting over run in midfield so why take a midfielder of for a striker last night, as much as I don't rate them, I'd go to 1 up front and pack the midfield out, surely that's not rocket science, especially considering we keep conceding late in games.

Also why persist in playing players out of position, we have 4 good strikers and to many times this season he has tried to get all 4 in together, to me that's the tactics of a clueless manager, if you ask me 10 games what our game plan is, I can honestly say I haven't a clue, and I bet 99% of fans don't either.

RDM has to go and go now before the damage is irreversible.
CoE82
CoE82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:31 pm

I think they'll wait and see what happens against Preston and then make a decision over the international break.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:06 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I think they'll wait and see what happens against Preston and then make a decision over the international break.

But what does that tell them ? - Lets say we win - when the next win ? - another 8 or 9 games away. A prediction from me ...RDM'S next 10 games which probably be pretty similar to his first 10. Having appointed shite manager after shite manager , I hope XIA doesn't go all cuddly on us - I thought long and hard about shelling out for 2 season tickets this year, I did because I thought we might win a few games - thats the objective - not to bankroll a guy who can't get the results even with massive resources he has.

I will be seriously pissed off - if we hang to money box face after saturday...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next