The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon May 23, 2016 8:55 am

All the bull and mudslinging flying around about Xia makes me want him to succeed even more. Feel sorry for the guy. Actually surprised the club/Hollis haven't come out in his defence.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 1589
Reputation : 1212
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Wriggle on Mon May 23, 2016 9:24 am

theres an old saying that you're innocent until proven guilty...

We're making up a new one called hung before charged...
avatar
Wriggle



Posts : 347
Reputation : 349
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 45
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Chrissylee1111 on Mon May 23, 2016 9:27 am

I have been very pro Xia, but if Samuelson is involved with the club and if he becomes a director then we are done for. The guy is bad news and should be banged up.

Chrissylee1111



Posts : 371
Reputation : 436
Join date : 2014-08-17

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Keyser Soze on Mon May 23, 2016 9:36 am

Do you remember a few months ago we were linked with "Phoenix Group" ?
Samuelson was part of that group.

Keyser Soze



Posts : 509
Reputation : 179
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Location: Location

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon May 23, 2016 9:39 am

I'm starting to if wonder there's an hidden agenda with the media. Would Xia be getting the same sort of press, if he was an American?

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 1589
Reputation : 1212
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by debandit on Mon May 23, 2016 9:40 am

Well what we did know was they was 3 parties in the frame.
1 Asian who nobody guessed
1 American but nobody knows exactly who
1 English bid ( is it possible that it could of been Samuelson and co)
We will never know, Xia will hopefully pass the fit and proper test then all will be unveiled.
Most of the rubbish on twitter is coming from blues fans, 1 being partisan guy who is based in Hong Kong, and was praising the yeung deal when it went through but didn't realise how dodgy he was. But knows all about Xia. My bulls it detector has gone into overdrive.
The sun is wouldn't believe anything they say if they printed it was Monday I would still check the date the dodgy sods that they are.
Let's just wait a new beginning is happening and I'm hoping to enjoy the ride


debandit



Posts : 15
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2014-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by DaveAV1 on Mon May 23, 2016 10:19 am

It seems inconceivable to me that a man like Hollis with his experience could so easily be hood winked and yet a few keyboard warriors and a "journalist" from the Sun have got the whole thing sussed in a few days. Hollis has a lot to lose, this is a high profile
deal that the whole world will remember. It's career defining for him. These people spreading this "news" have nothing to lose and nobody to answer to and yet they're given credibility. Makes no sense.

DaveAV1



Posts : 841
Reputation : 1388
Join date : 2014-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by DaveAV1 on Mon May 23, 2016 10:31 am

I've seen mentioned that perhaps DB and MK resigned as they weren't happy with the potential new owners. Whilst that's possible it doesn't add up with what King said after his resignation. Which was basically very positive about the future. I can't imagine that he wouldn't speak up now if he was concerned.

DaveAV1



Posts : 841
Reputation : 1388
Join date : 2014-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by AstonThriller on Mon May 23, 2016 11:01 am

It really is incredible how quickly our own fans love to jump on a bandwagon. "Samuelson is a crook and dodgy"? WELL WHY HASN'T HE BEEN CHARGED WITH ANYTHING THEN? The bottom line is RECON are the new owners in waiting..not Samuelson and not even Dr Xia.

It's as if some twitter idiots and the media are begging for the FA to block this move and to me the climate among some folks just stinks of prejudice. Thankfully all Recon need to do is provide financial evidence that they can get the deal done and they should pass easily. But these silly stories like the total rehash in the Telegraph today are just rotten and designed to fear monger. It's like people don't want to see this club progress at all.
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 1541
Reputation : 1527
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by VillaBill on Mon May 23, 2016 11:01 am

Its all getting a bit Mulder & Scully on here!

avatar
VillaBill



Posts : 777
Reputation : 455
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by 4BetLite on Mon May 23, 2016 11:07 am

@AstonThriller wrote:It really is incredible how quickly our own fans love to jump on a bandwagon. "Samuelson is a crook and dodgy"? WELL WHY HASN'T HE BEEN CHARGED WITH ANYTHING THEN? The bottom line is RECON are the new owners in waiting..not Samuelson and not even Dr Xia.

It's as if some twitter idiots and the media are begging for the FA to block this move and to me the climate among some folks just stinks of prejudice. Thankfully all Recon need to do is provide financial evidence that they can get the deal done and they should pass easily. But these silly stories like the total rehash in the Telegraph today are just rotten and designed to fear monger. It's like people don't want to see this club progress at all.

Well said, I'm concerned at the lack of communication from the chaps whose blood runs claret and blue, Little, Taylor, Ellis, McGrath, Townsend........ Unless of course, they're all sitting there laughing at the media and they know full well that all is cool and we are gonna be HUGE!
avatar
4BetLite



Posts : 1776
Reputation : 2815
Join date : 2015-06-20
Location : Bloody Hell

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon May 23, 2016 11:14 am

Anyone would think that the media don't like us?????

DelboyVilla



Posts : 986
Reputation : 1253
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by jimbop on Mon May 23, 2016 11:26 am

thank fock I didn't come on here at the weekend as my weekend would of been ruined!! Mondays are depressing anyway so i'll continue to read.

jimbop



Posts : 2601
Reputation : 1300
Join date : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by jimbop on Mon May 23, 2016 11:43 am

@AstonThriller wrote:It really is incredible how quickly our own fans love to jump on a bandwagon. "Samuelson is a crook and dodgy"? WELL WHY HASN'T HE BEEN CHARGED WITH ANYTHING THEN? The bottom line is RECON are the new owners in waiting..not Samuelson and not even Dr Xia.

It's as if some twitter idiots and the media are begging for the FA to block this move and to me the climate among some folks just stinks of prejudice. Thankfully all Recon need to do is provide financial evidence that they can get the deal done and they should pass easily. But these silly stories like the total rehash in the Telegraph today are just rotten and designed to fear monger. It's like people don't want to see this club progress at all.

I agree. its fockin shockingly direspectfull, if I was Dr T i'd fockin walk

jimbop



Posts : 2601
Reputation : 1300
Join date : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Villa_Dan on Mon May 23, 2016 12:02 pm

@jimbop wrote:
@AstonThriller wrote:It really is incredible how quickly our own fans love to jump on a bandwagon. "Samuelson is a crook and dodgy"? WELL WHY HASN'T HE BEEN CHARGED WITH ANYTHING THEN? The bottom line is RECON are the new owners in waiting..not Samuelson and not even Dr Xia.

It's as if some twitter idiots and the media are begging for the FA to block this move and to me the climate among some folks just stinks of prejudice. Thankfully all Recon need to do is provide financial evidence that they can get the deal done and they should pass easily. But these silly stories like the total rehash in the Telegraph today are just rotten and designed to fear monger. It's like people don't want to see this club progress at all.

I agree. its fockin shockingly direspectfull, if I was Dr T i'd fockin walk

No one reaches any level of success without courting some criticism. So I doubt it'll bother him in the slightest. 

If Moyes comes in then all is well. Between him and Hollis neither would risk their reputation on a chancer.
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4131
Reputation : 3924
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Trotters on Mon May 23, 2016 12:02 pm

It's not just Noses having a go at Xia (to be expected). The reports on Samuelson are from the media with plenty of facts to back them up. And a lot of tweets and forum comments are from Everton & Reading fans...they've been there and done that.

If the club don't comment on how the new ownership will be constructed - and you could argue they've done that by saying that we've been bought by Recon and owned by Xia - then I very much doubt it's going to get any clearer if Samuelson does take over as CEO.

One thing is for sure; this takeover ain't boring!
avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9523
Reputation : 5198
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 46
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Trotters on Mon May 23, 2016 12:05 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:I'm starting to if wonder there's an hidden agenda with the media. Would Xia be getting the same sort of press, if he was an American?

Yes and no. There was plenty of trawling of the internet when Randy took over, it's just that there's now a language barrier - as well as the Red Curtain - to contend with. And that's inevitably going to lead to conjecture. Throwing Samuelson into the mix is just going to make it more intriguing.
avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9523
Reputation : 5198
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 46
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by jimbop on Mon May 23, 2016 12:06 pm

@Villa_Dan wrote:
@jimbop wrote:
@AstonThriller wrote:It really is incredible how quickly our own fans love to jump on a bandwagon. "Samuelson is a crook and dodgy"? WELL WHY HASN'T HE BEEN CHARGED WITH ANYTHING THEN? The bottom line is RECON are the new owners in waiting..not Samuelson and not even Dr Xia.

It's as if some twitter idiots and the media are begging for the FA to block this move and to me the climate among some folks just stinks of prejudice. Thankfully all Recon need to do is provide financial evidence that they can get the deal done and they should pass easily. But these silly stories like the total rehash in the Telegraph today are just rotten and designed to fear monger. It's like people don't want to see this club progress at all.

I agree. its fockin shockingly direspectfull, if I was Dr T i'd fockin walk

No one reaches any level of success without courting some criticism. So I doubt it'll bother him in the slightest. 

If Moyes comes in then all is well. Between him and Hollis neither would risk their reputation on a chancer.

just think its shocking some of the things written about him, comparing him to a horrible human being that is carson yeung, saying he's a liar, fake etc. he hasn't even been here 5 minutes yet, its appalling mate.

jimbop



Posts : 2601
Reputation : 1300
Join date : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Villa_Dan on Mon May 23, 2016 12:06 pm

@Trotters wrote:It's not just Noses having a go at Xia (to be expected). The reports on Samuelson are from the media with plenty of facts to back them up. And a lot of tweets and forum comments are from Everton & Reading fans...they've been there and done that.

If the club don't comment on how the new ownership will be constructed - and you could argue they've done that by saying that we've been bought by Recon and owned by Xia - then I very much doubt it's going to get any clearer if Samuelson does take over as CEO.

One thing is for sure; this takeover ain't boring!

The Samuelson thing should be what people are scrutinising. Ignore anything out of HK, it is irrelevant.
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4131
Reputation : 3924
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Villa_Dan on Mon May 23, 2016 12:08 pm

@jimbop wrote:
@Villa_Dan wrote:
@jimbop wrote:
@AstonThriller wrote:It really is incredible how quickly our own fans love to jump on a bandwagon. "Samuelson is a crook and dodgy"? WELL WHY HASN'T HE BEEN CHARGED WITH ANYTHING THEN? The bottom line is RECON are the new owners in waiting..not Samuelson and not even Dr Xia.

It's as if some twitter idiots and the media are begging for the FA to block this move and to me the climate among some folks just stinks of prejudice. Thankfully all Recon need to do is provide financial evidence that they can get the deal done and they should pass easily. But these silly stories like the total rehash in the Telegraph today are just rotten and designed to fear monger. It's like people don't want to see this club progress at all.

I agree. its fockin shockingly direspectfull, if I was Dr T i'd fockin walk

No one reaches any level of success without courting some criticism. So I doubt it'll bother him in the slightest. 

If Moyes comes in then all is well. Between him and Hollis neither would risk their reputation on a chancer.

just think its shocking some of the things written about him, comparing him to a horrible human being that is carson yeung, saying he's a liar, fake etc.  he hasn't even been here 5 minutes yet, its appalling mate.

It won't even be on his radar - either he's legit and he knows it is media bollocks, or he isn't and he's got bigger fish to fry in trying to sneak things by the FA
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4131
Reputation : 3924
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by jimbop on Mon May 23, 2016 12:10 pm

I will have a wager with anyone that he is 100% legit and were finally coming back to the big time.

jimbop



Posts : 2601
Reputation : 1300
Join date : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by nickf21 on Mon May 23, 2016 12:32 pm

Couldn't agree more Jimbop - with world football under a microscope at the moment, it doesn't make sense for someone to come in without full credentials.

Also - can you imagine the scrutiny that Chelsea would have been under if Abramovitch had been named today rather than a decade ago. No twitter in those days. A Russian oligarch with dodgy ties to the government? (Sound familiar?)

nickf21



Posts : 51
Reputation : 105
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by jimbop on Mon May 23, 2016 12:55 pm

@nickf21 wrote:Couldn't agree more Jimbop - with world football under a microscope at the moment, it doesn't make sense for someone to come in without full credentials.

Also - can you imagine the scrutiny that Chelsea would have been under if Abramovitch had been named today rather than a decade ago. No twitter in those days. A Russian oligarch with dodgy ties to the government? (Sound familiar?)


jimbop



Posts : 2601
Reputation : 1300
Join date : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by jimbop on Mon May 23, 2016 12:55 pm

@jimbop wrote:I will have a wager with anyone that he is 100% legit and were finally coming back to the big time.

no takers then?? thought not.

jimbop



Posts : 2601
Reputation : 1300
Join date : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Lammypaul on Mon May 23, 2016 12:56 pm

Regarding future CEO’s, just wondering what we would all say about Fox? From me it would all be doom and gloom but is he the only person accountable for the mess we find ourselves in.
Everyone is allowed an opinion which is usually backed up with rumours, and newspapers re hashing already answered questions but adding some more innuendo is nothing new. We have no choice but to ride this out if there is something not right regarding this deal then it will come out and be proved but I find it difficult to believe that people would take so much time and money to deceive Hollis, FA and PL but twitter has broken their cover in days.
avatar
Lammypaul



Posts : 41
Reputation : 69
Join date : 2016-05-22

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum