The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:40 pm

I'd never actually heard of the Expendables to be honest and had no idea that there was a recent Rambo. But I meant small in relation to the big Hollywood studios. Just by looking at the actors that Millennium have staring in their films I realise that in the grand scheme of things they're a fairly big deal.

When the initial reports came out, the suggestion was that he was going to buy into two film companies.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 2408
Reputation : 1473
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:07 am


deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 2408
Reputation : 1473
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by NARLA24 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:19 am

Anyone managed to get hold of the figures for why we lost 81 million? Seems a lot to me to be honest.
That is one hell of a loss. Wont be down to gate revenue alone. Does it include the 70 million spent on players as a loss?
Oh, and the pay offs to the previous sugarbags who have managed us.
avatar
NARLA24



Posts : 2385
Reputation : 1786
Join date : 2014-09-26
Age : 47
Location : Lanzarote in the sun.

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by 4BetLite on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:29 am

Incompetent financial and managerial impropriety to the extent that King and Bernstein took one look and ran like Buggy Bunny and Speedy Gonzales down to spaghetti junction trying to escape the madness Suspect
avatar
4BetLite



Posts : 1776
Reputation : 2815
Join date : 2015-06-20
Location : Bloody Hell

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by Gordonsleftboot on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:37 am

@NARLA24 wrote:Anyone managed to get hold of the figures for why we lost 81 million? Seems a lot to me to be honest.
That is one hell of a loss. Wont be down to gate revenue alone. Does it include the 70 million spent on players as a loss?
Oh, and the pay offs to the previous sugarbags who have managed us.

Most of it was write downs of intangible and tangible assets. Lerner cleaning up before departing? Reducing his valuation to get a deal done? Who knows but it wasn't all a real operating loss in the sense of revenue less costs for the year.
avatar
Gordonsleftboot



Posts : 189
Reputation : 242
Join date : 2014-05-19
Location : Where I want to be

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by De Kuip on Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:01 pm

@Gordonsleftboot wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:Anyone managed to get hold of the figures for why we lost 81 million? Seems a lot to me to be honest.
That is one hell of a loss. Wont be down to gate revenue alone. Does it include the 70 million spent on players as a loss?
Oh, and the pay offs to the previous sugarbags who have managed us.

Most of it was write downs of intangible and tangible assets. Lerner cleaning up before departing? Reducing his valuation to get a deal done? Who knows but it wasn't all a real operating loss in the sense of revenue less costs for the year.

I think I read somewhere that the finishing place in the Prem which was obviously last, wasn't what was budgeted for at the start of the year-let's say the expectation was that we'd finish 12th and would receive that level of bonus from the Prem league. This would have been factored into the forecast outturn for the year. But because we finished bottom we got waaaay less and that impacts on intangible assets.
Something like that, but I'm sure someone on here with accountancy knowledge will explain better. It's only what I read somewhere.
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 2281
Reputation : 3528
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by NARLA24 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:14 pm

@De Kuip wrote:
@Gordonsleftboot wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:Anyone managed to get hold of the figures for why we lost 81 million? Seems a lot to me to be honest.
That is one hell of a loss. Wont be down to gate revenue alone. Does it include the 70 million spent on players as a loss?
Oh, and the pay offs to the previous sugarbags who have managed us.

Most of it was write downs of intangible and tangible assets. Lerner cleaning up before departing? Reducing his valuation to get a deal done? Who knows but it wasn't all a real operating loss in the sense of revenue less costs for the year.

I think I read somewhere that the finishing place in the Prem which was obviously last, wasn't what was budgeted for at the start of the year-let's say the expectation was that we'd finish 12th and would receive that level of bonus from the Prem league. This would have been factored into the forecast outturn for the year. But because we finished bottom we got waaaay less and that impacts on intangible assets.
Something like that, but I'm sure someone on here with accountancy knowledge will explain better. It's only what I read somewhere.
But you know everything DK. You invented the Hovercraft of Eels
avatar
NARLA24



Posts : 2385
Reputation : 1786
Join date : 2014-09-26
Age : 47
Location : Lanzarote in the sun.

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by De Kuip on Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:49 pm

Monty Python''s English/Hungarian phrasebook sketch beat me to it by about 40 years mate. Just teamed up with Rongtian He on LinkedIn. Do you thinks it would be bad form to ask him for some GTC prizes via a professional networking forum? Fuck it, can't hurt to try can it?
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 2281
Reputation : 3528
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by Trotters on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:42 pm

Do it!
avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9679
Reputation : 5306
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 46
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:39 am

Wyness talks about the accounts in the video on the following link...

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-live-ceo-wyness-12671069

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 2408
Reputation : 1473
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:27 pm

I wonder what Xia's up to in Indonesia. On his twitter he's posted a picture from the Indonesian stock exchange of the the big electronic boards that says 'welcome to IDX Tony Xia Chairman & CEO of Recon Group.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 2408
Reputation : 1473
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:31 pm

Jonathan Johnson‏Verified account @Jon_LeGossip
Bordeaux are reportedly the big French club Aston Villa are open to a future partnership with. #AVFC #FCGB

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 2408
Reputation : 1473
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:17 pm

Looking a bit more into the above, the original French tweet seems to suggest that it could be Bordeaux, so I think it's basically just a guess and one that's only based on some recent rumours that they might be taken over by a Chinese consortium.

Also the story in the Beijing times says that Xia was approached by the 'majority shareholder', as far as I know Bordeaux are owned entirely by a media company. It would also rule out Paris Saint-Germain, as they're owned entirely by the Qatris.

I know Lille have more than one owner and there are probably a few others.

I think this would probably just be a sharing of ideas, resources and maybe a few clever deals to help with FFP, rather than Xia actually buying a stake in a French team.


deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 2408
Reputation : 1473
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by Trotters on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:32 am

Steve Stride has tweeted his disgust at Tom Fox getting a £2.9m payout for being so incompetent it cost many loyal employees their jobs.

I'm in the wrong game.
avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9679
Reputation : 5306
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 46
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:54 am

Recon sign strategic partnership with Shenzhen airlines.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 2408
Reputation : 1473
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by Trotters on Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:06 pm

lol! lol! lol!





avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9679
Reputation : 5306
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 46
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue May 23, 2017 3:32 pm

Tweeted that he's had cardio surgery today. Hope he's okay.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 2408
Reputation : 1473
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by Fpuppys on Tue May 23, 2017 7:03 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Tweeted that he's had cardio surgery today. Hope he's okay.

Looks like he's having an angiogram through his groin, I had one last year, it's a sign and he should look to relax more, easier said then done when you're a Villa fan. Get well soon Tony.
avatar
Fpuppys



Posts : 804
Reputation : 372
Join date : 2014-04-28
Age : 53
Location : Wishing I was somewhere else.

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue May 23, 2017 8:42 pm

I noticed in the last few months or so, that a lot of the stories on the Recon website have been referring to another guy attending meetings and signing deals, can't remember his name but he's the 'Vice Chairman' of Recon. Previous to that pretty much everything seemed to revolve around Xia himself, so maybe he's been trying to take things a bit easier.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 2408
Reputation : 1473
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by Dazzle on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:32 am

The Doctors latest tweet would seem to be a creeping acceptance that this "project" is going to take longer than he anticipated............possibly much longer. It's the dose of reality that some require, imo.
avatar
Dazzle



Posts : 747
Reputation : 1102
Join date : 2014-08-10
Age : 44
Location : Oxford

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by Alf T on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:53 am


I knew I read this somewhere. Only taken 6 months and a new Win98 OS to find it  


from West to East: Planning Landscape Architecture (Hardcover) [Hardcover]1991 by XIA JIAN TONG Hardcover $134.10(1 used) wrote:

So this $130 book was written by OUR Tony?
In 1991 when he was 15 years old ?

I think there's a few too many  XIA JIAN TONGs around.  Especially at Harvard 4 years later, where he learnt to speak English so fluently.

Read elsewhere that in HK there are rumours of a search for new investors/buyers.
That is Hong Kong, NOT Beijing.

Nope, as I said when Fox told us Mr Xia designed the Bird's Nest Olympic Stadium - - me BS monitor went into overdrive.
Nothings changed except I've learnt how to control my blood pressure and eat more sensibly.

avatar
Alf T



Posts : 83
Reputation : 87
Join date : 2016-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:22 am

Recon no longer buying 'Millenium films' according to Bloomberg.

Chinese government are apparently strongly clamping down on foreign investment, something that has left me wondering how seriously it's going to affect Xia's ownership of us, and the plans he had for the club and beyond. Wouldn't be surprised if it's not long before the club is up for sale again.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 2408
Reputation : 1473
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:41 am

He's responded to the story with this tweet...

Dr. Tony Xia‏Verified account @Dr_TonyXia 1h1 hour ago
It's not accurate.We changed another entity not pub listed firm 2continue the deal as the new Chinese policy of Film Industry restriction.


Can't say I really understand what that means. Seems he's also turned down a request over twitter, to talk with the Financial Times on the situation.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 2408
Reputation : 1473
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by Villa_Dan on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 am

Is this what "journalism" has become?

He retweets a Bloomberg article refuting it and 2 different "journos" from the FT retweet it begging for an interview. Over Twitter?

Fucking online ambulance chasers. I wouldn't entertain any of the lying leeches if I were Tony.
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4316
Reputation : 4055
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by AstonThriller on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:28 am

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Recon no longer buying 'Millenium films' according to Bloomberg.

Chinese government are apparently strongly clamping down on foreign investment, something that has left me wondering how seriously it's going to affect Xia's ownership of us, and the plans he had for the club and beyond. Wouldn't be surprised if it's not long before the club is up for sale again.

So I assume you also expect Wolves, West Brom, Birmingham, Inter Milan, Ac Milan, Southampton and Reading to be put up for sale soon aswell? Or will the government clamp down only effect good old Villa?
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 1947
Reputation : 1701
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum