The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:49 pm

I think we need to learn that we aren't going to fix things just by throwing money at the situation and buying the 'best players'. The thing of signing players and managers who've been promoted in the past is also overrated, just throwing a bunch of them together isn't going to work.

I don't know how we're going to achieve it, but we definitely need to play more as team, both off the ball and on it. One thing that infuriates me is that everytime we have a throw-in no shows for it, and it's often 50/50 as to whether we keep possesion from one, and this isn't something new it's been going on for years.

Round's meant to be addressing this, but the more I think about it, the more reservations I have about him. Should have gone for someone with more experience in the role, I'd like to know who the other two candidates were.

Whoever turns this club around on the pitch, is going to be regarded as an hero.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:56 pm

It's a saying from Chinese literature but even in translation it's  hard to suss. I looked it up at the time he tweeted and I've forgotten exactly what it was now. I think it's from Liu Bu and was something about if you rely and use a person he cannot be suspect (I wouldn't think Mirror group feel that way about Robert Maxwell) but an untried man could be suspect ie may not be reliable. I think Tony was saying stick with who you trust.
Or, as before, he might have been saying that his hovercraft is full of eels. Not sure.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:06 am

@De Kuip wrote:It's a saying from Chinese literature but even in translation it's  hard to suss. I looked it up at the time he tweeted and I've forgotten exactly what it was now. I think it's from Liu Bu and was something about if you rely and use a person he cannot be suspect I think Tony was saying stick with who you trust.

That's a change in philosophy from RDM then??

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:23 pm

I think (and I agree) that he's saying we need to give Bruce time. TBH even though I've been a stuck record recently on some of Bruce's puzzling selections/tactics/formations/in-game reactions, I can see that he's trying to buy players to build a team.
With RDM it was just.....
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:02 am

Bloomberg reporting that Xia buying into hollywood, is getting closer.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-14/aston-villa-owner-said-to-be-in-talks-to-buy-expendables-maker

Interesting that the cable company that Recon bought into late last year has a market value of $1.2B. According to the above article.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:09 am

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Bloomberg reporting that Xia buying into hollywood, is getting closer.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-14/aston-villa-owner-said-to-be-in-talks-to-buy-expendables-maker

Interesting that the cable company that Recon bought into late last year has a market value of $1.2B. According to the above article.
The article said Xia is moving into entertainment - not with villa he's not........
Mind you, maybe he's sending a message to SB and the players by buying the studio that made "The Expendables".....
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:36 pm

Just read about on here;
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/chinas-recon-group-talks-acquire-millennium-films-report-975913

Good Luck Tony, but buying into anything that has the name Lerner (related or not) is Jinked.
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:47 pm

Wonder how much this is settingh him back, probably more than it did to buy us I'd imagine. Hopefully he finds a way of it benefitting Villa

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:07 am

Given that many of our players (past and present) have done a superb job of acting the cnut whilst treating Villa like a holiday restort, he'll have a ready made cast if they want to reboot this...

Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite on Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:32 am

Is it time to change the name of this thread to something more befitting of the great man?
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:01 pm

Done.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:06 pm

old norweigian proverb, ik bik dak dak tik, oooola oooola oooola, a boooola boooola booola, whose got the floor for the Mexican hat dance now homey
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:58 pm

@4BetLite wrote:old norweigian proverb, ik bik dak dak tik, oooola oooola oooola, a boooola boooola booola, whose got the floor for the Mexican hat dance now homey

I always thought that was a Swedish proverb.

Well, there you go. Live and learn eh....
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:45 pm

@De Kuip wrote:
@4BetLite wrote:old norweigian proverb, ik bik dak dak tik, oooola oooola oooola, a boooola boooola booola, whose got the floor for the Mexican hat dance now homey

I always thought that was a Swedish proverb.

Well, there you go. Live and learn eh....

Ha, am I the only one who talks any sense in this house
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:00 am

Doesn't seem very happy at the moment...

Dr. Tony Xia ‏@Dr_TonyXia 30s30 seconds ago
I didn't buy Villa4business purpose.Its only 1'firm' losing money. I never expected making from it.Moaning is easier¬ louder than action.

Dr. Tony Xia Retweeted Howard Hodgson
Felt Insulted1,Para£ even can't cover half wages;2,Chose RDM not4EC title, Sack not just caused by poor result;3 1stNeed was a man with guts

Edit: Second tweet is in reply to this 'My Old Man Said' article

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:09 pm

Interesting that the sacking of RDM wasn't just because of results.

I feel happier sticking with Bruce even thru relegation now - I was worried about what would happen to us if Tony jumped but it looks like he's properly in it for the long term.
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:16 am

Xia is a man of action, a man of honour and I believe in him 100%.

People wanted a more transparent owner and when we get one they abuse it. I'm embarrassed to be called a Villa fan sometimes.

Xia's plan is a long term one, even longer then he anticipated but he will not give up, he will not sell this club, this man of honour will do us proud.

I call to all fans to support our team In this hour of need, let us lift the roof off the place against Derby and show them what a big club sounds like.

I can understand criticism of the managers tactical errors and playing performances but when it comes to XIa everyone can piss off.
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:41 am

I like him. He's the exact opposite of Lerner in every way.

But if we do drop to the old div.3 I just can't see him sticking around for it. His next managerial appointment is critical. There's no question he has to pull the trigger on Bruce but who he gets in next could name or break us.

One thing that I think he will do is learn from mistakes and not he bullshitted again.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:36 pm

@4BetLite wrote:Xia is a man of action, a man of honour and I believe in him 100%.

People wanted a more transparent owner and when we get one they abuse it. I'm embarrassed to be called a Villa fan sometimes.

Xia's plan is a long term one, even longer then he anticipated but he will not give up, he will not sell this club, this man of honour will do us proud.

I call to all fans to support our team In this hour of need, let us lift the roof off the place against Derby and show them what a big club sounds like.

I can understand criticism of the managers tactical errors and playing performances but when it comes to XIa everyone can piss off.
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:37 pm

With you 4betlite, lets raise the roof UTV
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:31 pm

@Trotters wrote:There's no question he has to pull the trigger on Bruce

Well that's not correct.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:50 pm

Recon have purchased a 51% controlling interest in Millenium films for about $100M, with a view to buying the rest of the shares in the future.

Not that that really helps us at the moment.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:59 pm

Seems cheap for a film company considering one great movie would recoup that over night.

Maybe their facilities are old and rundown??
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:23 am

I think they're only meant to be a small independent company, so will have been relatively cheap I guess. Will probably cost a lot more to run, as I think I read on their bio that they make 5-8 movies a year spending £20M to £80M on each one.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:36 am

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:I think they're only meant to be a small independent company, so will have been relatively cheap I guess. Will probably cost a lot more to run, as I think I read on their bio that they make 5-8 movies a year spending £20M to £80M on each one.

They are called Millennium and make the Expendables series, the most recent Rambo and the Mechanic series so fairly well known films with lots of action in them? A good buy!

In some ways I am glad Tony is quiet after the debacle at Leicester chairmen need to keep their heads down.

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum