The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

+49
Wookster
Alf T
Dazzle
deadbuzzardalive
Fpuppys
Trotters
jeffvilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Boldfinger
big ming
4BetLite
Villa_Dan
The Utterer
Jae1411
Timeclock
De Kuip
achilles
AstonThriller
Gordonsleftboot
DelboyVilla
NARLA24
Sky
smetro
Wriggle
FoxyAV
Con
Villa Ranger
Saunders82
mefromhere
shanghaivilla
Thinman
BillytheKid
Rawlie
Synopsis
TheVillansOfAston
avfc85
KMitch
danclare82
1Elliot
CoE82
VillaSteve
Heisenberg
South London Villan
VillaBill
UnclePanda
thegaffer6
Suits
pcfbavfcoman
Mr_Spadge
53 posters

Page 15 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 15 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by Trotters Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:35 pm

S3 was apparently having some financial difficulties after some very promising space research shit...they seem to be start up that received financial backing from some Russian's and Chinese (Recon).

Some confidentiality agreements were breached, threats made by someone, the ceo is in hospital and S3 (I believe) have been declared bankrupt.
Trotters
Trotters

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 15 5_star13

Back to top Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 15 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by Trotters Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:36 pm

A nerd site dedicated to rocket science and space research.

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=31278.140
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:36 pm

Let it never be said that TBAR is a football forum lol!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeclock Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:14 am

Facts:
- the Swiss Company signed a partnership with Recon
-in August they reported Recon to the Swiss and Chinese authorities
-3 weeks later the attack
-since the attack they keep being trashed in the medias
Timeclock
Timeclock

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 15 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:42 am

Timeclock wrote:Facts:
- the Swiss Company signed a partnership with Recon
-in August they reported Recon to the Swiss and Chinese authorities
-3 weeks later the attack
-since the attack they keep being trashed in the medias

Hmmmn... Frankly all hearsay and sounds like basic stirring to me. I will wait for this amazing news coup to be released on the BBC before i even bat an eyelid at it... fed up of all the mud slinging it's actually boring now.
The Utterer
The Utterer

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 15 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:19 am

I find it all quite intriguing.

Part of me is disgusted that our owner MIGHT be involved in low-level thuggery like this. But a big part of me likes that RECON are involved in big dollar deals as diverse as rocket science with military applicatioms for none other than the Chinese govt.

If Gabby could read,.I'd bet he'd shit himself!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:02 am

Any actual links betwen Xia and the attack? 

No? Sound. Move on..
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 15 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:52 am

xia is still a baby at villa but is already one of, if not, the best owners we have ever had........... as for the media, don't even get me started.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:17 pm

Long article on Xia and his companies, published on the English version of the Recon site, but poorly translated.

Here
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:07 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Long article on Xia and his companies, published on the English version of the Recon site, but poorly translated.

Here
Thanks, yup a long article. Nothing much we didn't know before, other than he now controls '$billions'!

Can we have a striker please? A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 15 1787200310
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:58 pm

It's the references to buying into Hollywood that intrigues me.

"Now he further expands his vision to the other side of the Pacific Ocean. A once-great film company is waiting for the “sharp blade” of Tony Xia, in order to regain vitality. For Tony Xia, there is no limit in the world. Only by keeping challenging himself and existed knowledge and constraints can he go beyond “the blade” and create a better future for all. "

Will be interesting to see what comes of that and if anything, whether it ties in with what he's trying to do at the club in any way.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:17 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:It's the references to buying into Hollywood that intrigues me.

"Now he further expands his vision to the other side of the Pacific Ocean. A once-great film company is waiting for the “sharp blade” of Tony Xia, in order to regain vitality. For Tony Xia, there is no limit in the world. Only by keeping challenging himself and existed knowledge and constraints can he go beyond “the blade” and create a better future for all. "

Will be interesting to see what comes of that and if anything, whether it ties in with what he's trying to do at the club in any way.
Open air cinema at the Holte End in the Summer?
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:38 pm

You never know, reading it again properly, he does allude to integrating the Cinema experience, into the redevelopment of Villa Park. So maybe they'll do something like stream away matches on big 3D screens or something. Maybe a bit far fetched lol, but should be exciting once we eventually get back to the Premier league.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:36 pm

The blade? Has he been watching Wesley Snipes movies?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:21 pm

I do miss Tony's Tweets???
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:58 pm

He's still tweeting.

This is the latest one:

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:51 am

my McGrath I thought all this shit had stopped but still people trying to dig dirt on the Doctor. Were not all like it Tony.

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:38 pm

Within the next 5 years we should erect a new statue. Situated near Mcgregors...... I propose it be of Paul McGrath wearing a villa strip. With DrTony, wearing same strap, sitting on GODS shoulders and holding a villa scarf aloft.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:36 pm

Just rename the Doug Ellis "The 90%99%(51%->99%)50%Welcome Stand"
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:42 pm

Just build a new North stand to match the Trinity, take down the Witton, make that the same as the Trinity. Holte End stays as it is.
Can you do this Tony ? Can you ? Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 15 3769219917
NARLA24
NARLA24

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 15 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:54 am

Article on Birmingham Mail stating that he's worth £990M. Although they say that he recently sold Teamax for £400M, which isn't exactly true, Recon still own that company, I think it was just bought by one of his other companies in something called a 'reverse takeover'.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-tony-xia-worth-12502551

Seems to me like they've plucked the figures out of thin air.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:56 am

Its a total guess intended to provoke a response.........  the state of jounalism is at an all time low. His wealth over a certain amount matters not one iota and i wouldnt swap him for all the larry ellisons in the world.

I would love it if the Doc bought the mail.

Last edited by 4BetLite on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:51 am

I think the story was originally published in the 'Birmingham Post'. But the Birmingham Evening Mail are pretty awful as it stands, most of their articles are just click-bait based on tweets, or stuff copied and pasted from other newspapers.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:36 am

Anything the Brum Mail prints should be taken with a healthy pinch of salt and assumed to be shit. Useless rag of a paper
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:07 am

I've just written this letter to Dr Tony:

"Dear Dr Tony,
                  I simply cannot describe in words (and I'm just not prepared to try and describe via the medium of modern dance) how happy I am that you have taken ownership of our great club. Just when times seemed darkest, you stepped forward and rekindled hope for legions of Villa fans. Not only that but you went far beyond what anyone could wish for from an owner; from planning to revitalise Villa park and its environs, right down to the personal touch of #sitting with Xia.
So I got to thinking how I could try and repay the already huge debt of gratitude I feel towards you. What could I do to repay you in some small way? After all, what could possibly help a multi-millionaire and contibute further to your wealth?
Then I hit on it.
You own Lotus Brand - the foremost purveyors of MSG in the world. So I decided that buying MSG would reciprocate the positivity and impact you have brought to B6.
With this in mind I dealt directly with your factory in China - no middle man taking a cut here - I wanted all of my money going directly into your blue waistcoat fund. I placed a minimum quantity order, sat back and waited, replete in the knowledge I'd returned a small favour.
The parcel arrived last month.
I have to say that I didn't realise that the minimum quantity order was 50 kilos of MSG, that is quite a bit more than I imagined, but hey-ho, never mind.
It's been a real challenge using it up - I've sprinkled it on the kids sandwiches, spread it over my breakfast cereal, dusted cakes with it - in fact at Christmas we even did Santa's "footprints" in the lounge with it.
We've has MSG "sherbert dips", MSG-stuffed peppers, MSG brownies, oh we can't get enough of the stuff. I always liberally coat the dogs' dinners with it as well - those plucky spaniels, they love eating through the crusty white coating to get to their meat.
We are all experiencing some - shall I say - "side effects".
Recently I've lost the feeling in my left arm and half my head has gone numb. My wife is plagued with violent headaches and a never-diminishing thirst. My eldest son is complaining that he has tunnel vision and one of his feet is now 3 sizes bigger than the other, and the littlest kids do have to have intravenous fluids 3 times a day. Even the dogs seem affected, one of them keeps climbing into the fridge and howling whilst the other just faces the corner of the room and shakes violently.
But you know what Dr Tony - IT'S WORTH IT! Yes it is, if we can do this small thing for you to show how humbled we are by your appearance at Aston Villa, it'll all be worth it.
Oh, one small issue is that there's still 48 kilos of MSG left. Recently we've started snorting it (not injecting though, that's foolish) and have noticed that it's actually improved the very flavour of life itself, an environmental "Umami" if you will. It's become almost a drug of choice for me and my small family.
In order to shift some of the volume (and recoup the £19k I spent on the order), we've decided to start "dealing" the beautiful white powder.
If anyone reading this is interested in purchasing any (snorting tubes are provided free of charge with any order over £100), then feel free to contact me.
There are 4 types of Order:
The "Westwood" - this is where you get your order, you swear to heaven that it was there at the start, but after 5 minutes the whole lot becomes invisible.
The "Gabby" - you get a thick, fat lump of the stuff.
The "Hutton" - Someone sprints up to you, tries to throw you a bag of MSG, but it flies way over your head and harmlessly into the crowd behind you.
The "McCormack" - basically you expect a lot and we fail to deliver anything.
So, once again, thank you Dr Tony, and I hope I have - in some small way - repaid you for your kindness and leadership. I must sign off now as my gums have started bleeding and three of my teeth have fallen out.
All the best, De Kuip.
De Kuip
De Kuip

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 15 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next