The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

+49
Wookster
Alf T
Dazzle
deadbuzzardalive
Fpuppys
Trotters
jeffvilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Boldfinger
big ming
4BetLite
Villa_Dan
The Utterer
Jae1411
Timeclock
De Kuip
achilles
AstonThriller
Gordonsleftboot
DelboyVilla
NARLA24
Sky
smetro
Wriggle
FoxyAV
Con
Villa Ranger
Saunders82
mefromhere
shanghaivilla
Thinman
BillytheKid
Rawlie
Synopsis
TheVillansOfAston
avfc85
KMitch
danclare82
1Elliot
CoE82
VillaSteve
Heisenberg
South London Villan
VillaBill
UnclePanda
thegaffer6
Suits
pcfbavfcoman
Mr_Spadge
53 posters

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 8 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:26 pm

From Vital Villa

Here are some of the issues that got raised at the Fans' consultation last night

Fan Consultation Group Agenda - 16th August

1. With conflicting reports during the takeover and without in any way expecting to breach any individuals privacy, what sort of funding is there now for Aston Villa?

2. Clarification of the board structure

3. The club own 12 acres of land close by and the new owners have expressed an interest in development of a 'theme park` football world. Can you elaborate on this?...

4. Can we have a commitment from the club to pioneer safe standing in England and can a transitional section for flags and banners (aka singing section) be accommodated, like those that have been successful at other clubs.

5. Plans to address ticketing portal being a mess and phone lines being constantly engaged?

6. What is the club doing in terms of avoiding the negative publicity of the previous ownership that resulted from poor communication?

7. Is a re-brand on the agenda and if so, especially badge wise, will those who understand the issues the best - the fans - be consulted?

8. Update on shelved North Stand disable seating plan / new plans

9. Will you be prepared to consider initiating a youth forum to involve younger supporters? Any plans to increase youth support?

10. An SLO or supporter issues Twitter address like a lot of other clubs have?

11. Are the club moving away from player contract release clauses?

12. Is there any progress on the recruitment of a Technical Director? (if not already announced)

13. Are the new board aware of the previous relationship with Acorns and will this continue?

14. Are the board aware of the Villa Midlands Food (VMF) initiative abruptly stopped by Tom Fox, giving under privileged local youngsters training from which many have excelled? Would this be something they might consider re-starting?

15. Living Wage - all contracted staff?

Think those might have just been questions from VV, but the minutes of meeting are going to be published. So should be interesting
deadbuzzardalive

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 8 4_star10

Back to top Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 8 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:17 am

6, 11 and 12 already answered.

I'd be hitting Xia with the same thing I hit Fox with...Villa have a rich history of being footballing pioneers and a club to which all others look to. A history that has made us famous all over the world. What will you do to get us back to those roots and to ensure that our name has the polish and lustre that William McGregor first put on it?
Trotters
Trotters

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 8 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:15 pm

Wriggle
Wriggle

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 8 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:15 pm

lol!

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 8 Screen17
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:15 pm

Couldn't find the embed option on my iPhone...
Wriggle
Wriggle

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 8 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:52 pm

Looks like it's only for PC's then which is a bit unfortunate as I'd guess 90% of twitter users are on mobile devices.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:00 pm

Help!

Although I read a lot on twitter, I do not actually have an account (and do not want one), can some kind soul please msg the Dr and explain that we used to be able to watch the 1st team training and playing 7-a-sides at BMH.

I would love to again and since the Dr doesn't mind being more transparent he might go for it.

Thanks in advance.
4BetLite
4BetLite

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 8 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:19 pm

I've asked
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:54 pm

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 8 Screen19
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:08 pm

The great thing about Tony's Tweets is that it takes the pressure off RDM. He's pretty much answering the questions that managers usually get inundated with at any opportunity. Considering the transition within the club I should imagine RDM must be delighted to not have to keep answering questions about the direction of the club & the intention of the owner & budgets - the polar opposite of what evey manager under Randy went thru.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 8 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:54 pm

How fucking stupid was Lerner? ( Assuming that is the "RL")

Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:17 pm

The thing is Xia is only 38/39 years old so in reality he's a man of this generation when it comes to technology and so forth. In a way he's being extremely innovative with this communication pathway that he's created with the fans. I guess the only time it could get tough is if the fans want the manager out or if we have a very quiet transfer window and the fans are desperate for new signings like we were last January.

His profile is going through the roof right now though and he's got other fans envying how good we have it with his directness with us. And long may it continue.

AstonThriller
AstonThriller

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 8 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:13 pm

I noticed a Liverpool fan wishing he had Xia As an owner.

I honestly thought it'd fall to shit by now but his ability to snap back at others with humour had been brilliant and he's kept the info flowing.

What happens when the windows closes and the focus shifts to RDM? He can't be answering for him on twitter and the inevitable slow-down of his posts could cause those twitter adducts to melt down.  

As you say @Astonthriller it's a lot to do with his age and realisation that you can combine astute business sense with clever communication.

But I do hope he has a thick skin for when we do inevitably go on a lengthy bad-streak or when the rebuilding process has to start over if we get promoted : this time being a lot more expensive to do.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:39 am

Sky referred to him as the most transparent man in football.

I think he will have a few choice words for Mr Lerner?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:47 am

Still no sign of the minutes from the fans' consultation, I thought they were meant to have been published yesterday. Surely it shouldn't take that long for them to be signed off by all representatives.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:15 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Still no sign of the minutes from the fans' consultation, I thought they were meant to have been published yesterday. Surely it shouldn't take that long for them to be signed off by all representatives.

I like this kind of stuff. He might not (MIGHT not) have the same level of funds as the Wolves and Baggies owners but his profile and his networking blows them out of the water, add in his Twitter PR (which even fans of other clubs seem to enjoy, or at least begrudgingly admire). What have we heard from the other owners beyond the initial press conferences? And it isn't like Tony is all talk, we are spending cash where we need to on improving the team.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:20 am

DelboyVilla wrote:Sky referred to him as the most transparent man in football.

I think he will have a few choice words for Mr Lerner?

It's quite incredible that Lerner thought the squad was good enough. And I don't think Lerner told Xia that to sell the club, I reckon he honestly believed it.

Randy probably spoke at length about his time at the club...

1. Randy wonders what to do because he doesn't have a clue.
2. Randy told he needs a good manager.
3. Randy hires what he is told is a good manager.
4. Randy told he must spend a tonne of money to be successful.
5. Randy spends tonnes of money.
6. Randy is not successful.
7. Randy is told the players aren't good enough.
8. Randy concludes that spending money does not equal success.
9. Manager asks for more money.
10. Randy refuses to give more money remembering lesson 8.
11. Randy replaces the manager.
12. Manager asks for money. Randy refers him to lesson 8 and tells the manager to come up with other ideas.
13. Manager has a heart attack.
14. See lessons 1-3.
15. Randy employs people who will not spend money but who will sustain the club's position.
16. On-pitch performance suffers. Randy wonders if it's money, then remembers lesson 8.
17. Randy questions his employees and is told to refer to lesson 7.
18. Randy replaces players without spending much money because...see lesson 8.
19. Randy sees failing on-pitch performance continue.
20. Randy asks why.
21. Randy is told to refer to lessons 2 & 4.
22. Randy clearly questions the people he appointed in lesson 15
23. Randy didn't get the answers that made sense because points 5, 11 & 15 haven't worked so he replaces those people brought from lesson 15 even though lesson 15 was a failure.
24. Randy is told by the new staff to refer to lesson 7.
25. Randy agrees to buy more players but he has also learnt from lesson 8.
26. On-pitch performance gets worse.
27. Repeat lessons 1-3.
28. On-pitch performance continues to get worse.
29. Randy replaces management and coaching staff because of lesson 15 although that previously failed him.
30. Randy wonders if relegation is a real possibility.
31. Randy is told by the new people hired in lesson 15 that part of lesson 15 is "sustain the club's position" and therefore he shouldn't worry.
32. See point 30-31
33. Randy sees his investment go down the toilet.

----------------------

1. Tony Xia sits in Randy's old office, instantly concludes that Randy is a fucking idiot who couldn't see he was stuck inside his own circular argument & couldn't think for himself, threw out all of Randy's notes, fired everyone who knew nothing about football and rebuilt things from scratch.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:28 am

Villa_Dan wrote:

I like this kind of stuff. He might not (MIGHT not) have the same level of funds as the Wolves and Baggies owners but his profile and his networking blows them out of the water, add in his Twitter PR (which even fans of other clubs seem to enjoy, or at least begrudgingly admire). What have we heard from the other owners beyond the initial press conferences? And it isn't like Tony is all talk, we are spending cash where we need to on improving the team.

One of two things will happen: either he IS all talk and the money (and ideas) will dry up just as it did with Randy OR what he's saying in public is only scratching the surface and he's going to blow everyone away!

I have a feeling it could be the latter and we're in for some ride!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:42 am

We can only judge him on what he said he is going to do and what he has actually done so far, which has exceeded my expectations.

Those first few weeks after the sale went through and the whole world was trying to find out who this guy is were incredible. I was a little disappointed at first after all the wanda/Ellison talk, but I would not swap him for either now.

I believe that he thinks he CAN achieve what he boasted about and I'm starting to believe him too.

Like I've said before, I just hope the management team and players can keep up with him.

Since we already have a GOD, I think we should christen Tony.............. THE KING.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:15 am

The meeting with the council would have been an eye opener for them, I imagine. Tony would be used to going into govt meeting where the expectations were huge, pressure high and the financial stakes eye-watering.

Lolloping into see the Birmingham City Council on a meet and greet expedition would have been a walk in the park for him and he would have no doubt put forward some ideas that would have blown them away; and they'd have expected nothing.

I'll bet that counsellor is suffering whiplash of the eyebrows after talking to Tony. And if we can get that lot on board, then every other club in the Midlands will be playing catch up from the word GO.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:10 am

Trotts love the list (I won't quote it to keep the thread from exploding) but I think you missed a couple of things off?

Firstly after point 11 you clearly forgot where Randy lost any interest in the club, football and life? Also between points 12 & 13 you forgot where Randy relented on lesson 8 and let Houllier break our transfer record on a half season wonder and was then reminded of lesson 8 again?

Tony is a better owner so far than anyone could have imagined and he has a real sense of humour too. Long may this continue and I agree I think he has a rabbit in his hat ready to be pulled out when we return to the Premier League?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:02 am

I did remember Bent but then it would have meant renumbering everything Laughing
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:18 am

Trotters wrote:I did remember Bent but then it would have meant renumbering everything Laughing

I think that's how most of our managers viewed Bent too??
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:10 pm

It is a wonder if Wolves and Sandwell have owners worth a lot more than us it doesn't bother me tbh as we have a good forward thinking ambitious owner who is spending what we need compared to Sandwell who's fans are asking our owner to get there's to spend some dosh A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 8 1f602
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 8 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:27 pm

It's not just the money he's willing to splash on players but the level of desire they have must be in sync with his. He's not leaving any stone unturned in his quest to turn this club around. From the first XI, to the club shop and the academy, Tony wants to perfect it all.

It's the reason Gabby isn't going to get a run in this team again. There's no way in the world that he's less match-fit than Kozak yet Kozak got off the bench and actually had a gallop. Gabby won't because he's taken the piss for a long long time and Tony knows this.

I think he will tolerate a lack of ability - no matter where people are employed within the club - provided the desire is there. Ability can be taught but you either want it or you don't.

I loathed when George Bush stated that "you're either with us or against us" but just love that that tends to be Xia's mentality.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next