The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by Dazzle on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:14 am

Think we should go after Iorfa from Wolves now, probably best young RB outside of the Premiership.
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:21 am

I really don't know what to think about spending £ 12 million on McCormack.

He's essentially 30. I think we realistically have to expect £ 12 million spent on a player for two seasons. If that gets us to the PL, fair enough. Everything is inflated these days anyway.

I must say I've seen more on youtube the last 12 hours than I've seen of him the last 5 years. He seems fairly mobile and allround decent, and has a knack of getting a shot at goal. These are things I like. He's also the type of signing that will get goals on a cold wet winter day north east, which is important. The fact that we sign him also weakens a direct promotion rival, which is ace.

I must however say I hoped for a younger striker. £ 12 million is a lot for us when we are in the championship. But whatever, ain't my money.

I wonder if this thing Holloway said went to Xia's head though. It's strange not signing Bamford or McCormack for ages, and suddenly after a bit of media whine and a loss to Boro, we just sign one. IF we sign him.

Anyway Scarf Waving

Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:26 am

Alan nixon saying weve found gueye replacement but need to act quick
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:27 am

A mate of mine is a Fulham fan and he rates him as the best forward in the league for the past few seasons, and is the only reason Fulham stayed up last season. He's gutted that he's going.
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:29 am

Wriggle wrote:A mate of mine is a Fulham fan and he rates him as the best forward in the league for the past few seasons, and is the only reason Fulham stayed up last season. He's gutted that he's going.

Blues fan I work with just said, and I quote directly, "I've never let myself get jealous over a Villa signing but I am now. For the championship he's the best striker out there"
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:30 am

Dazzle wrote:Think we should go after Iorfa from Wolves now, probably best young RB outside of the Premiership.

I've said this for 6 months. Ridiculous that we haven't. Probably too late now.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:42 am

Is it my internet, or is this site slow as fuck today?
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by TheVillansOfAston on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:48 am

Joppe84 wrote:Is it my internet, or is this site slow as fuck today?

Same here, its taking an age to load a page, and when it does it's not complete, ie pictures and text missing
TheVillansOfAston

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid on Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:10 pm

Wonder who this midfielder is then who is our Gueye replacement? My God isn't it more exciting now Lerner has done one Dancing Banana
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch on Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:12 pm

TheVillansOfAston wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Is it my internet, or is this site slow as fuck today?

Same here, its taking an age to load a page, and when it does it's not complete, ie pictures and text missing

Same for me. No pictures load at all on both my computer and my mobile.
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:15 pm

danclare82 wrote:Alan nixon saying weve found gueye replacement but need to act quick

I was assuming we wouldn't replace him but interested now to hear who it could be.

Come on Tony, get on Twitter big man...
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:19 pm

Heard rumours of jedinak so maybe him?
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:20 pm

Heard rumours of jedinak so maybe him?
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay on Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:21 pm

Xia has just come online and replied to someone asking him about our official site...like anyone cares!

Let's hope the whole medical thing is true and we get an announcement when I wake up! :)

avfcjay

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch on Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:24 pm

Gana - I'm actually gutted about this one. I know it's the cool thing among Villa supporters to bash him and call him Reo Coker 2.0, but there is a reason he went to Everton and not Boro/Baggies. He was a fantastic defensive midfielder, who we tried to play as a box-to-box player last season. That said, he still managed to put out some great stats on a consistent basis, despite playing in our shit team. Great deal for Everton, and hopefully Tishbola can step up and fill the void left by Gana.

Clark - Not to bothered by this one. He's shown good runs as a solid defender during his long time with us, but he's also had some atrocious spells as well. At 27, he's at his peak, and I don't think he'll be pulling up any trees for Newcastle this season. He'll be a decent option for him, but the fee we got for him is reasonable.

McCormack - I don't care about his fee or his age because we badly need goals, and he is hands down the most reliable goalscorer in the Championship. Great signing on the pitch and a leader in the dressing room. Get another solid midfielder/right back, win our first couple games of the season, and there is a good possibility we might run away with the league. Very happy overall about our dealings this summer.
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill on Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:36 pm

[quote="KMitch"]Gana - I'm actually gutted about this one.  I know it's the cool thing among Villa supporters to bash him and call him Reo Coker 2.0, but there is a reason he went to Everton and not Boro/Baggies.  He was a fantastic defensive midfielder, who we tried to play as a box-to-box player last season.  That said, he still managed to put out some great stats on a consistent basis, despite playing in our shit team.  Great deal for Everton, and hopefully Tishbola can step up and fill the void left by Gana.

Clark - Not to bothered by this one.  He's shown good runs as a solid defender during his long time with us, but he's also had some atrocious spells as well.  At 27, he's at his peak, and I don't think he'll be pulling up any trees for Newcastle this season.  He'll be a decent option for him, but the fee we got for him is reasonable.

McCormack - I don't care about his fee or his age because we badly need goals, and he is hands down the most reliable goalscorer in the Championship.  Great signing on the pitch and a leader in the dressing room.  Get another solid midfielder/right back, win our first couple games of the season, and there is a good possibility we might run away with the league.  Very happy overall about our dealings this summer.  [/quote

You rate Gana really ? Dogshit of a player, couldn't pass, couldn't shoot, the only reason his stats were any good were because his second touch was a tackle!
Box to box ? I never saw him run back, I thought he was boon idle, Jedinak if true will be a far better player in the centre of the park than Gana
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid on Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:50 pm

danclare82 wrote:Heard rumours of jedinak so maybe him?

Bloody hope so matey what a midfield we would have then with either Tshibola/Jedinak/Gardner sitting deep and the likes of Grealish Sinclair (if he stays) Ayew McCormack Gestede Green Murphy going for it, with a signing like Jedinak and IF Morrisson aswell we would be too strong for most teams in the Championship, exciting times or what :)

Dr Xia rules
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:12 pm

BillytheKid wrote:
danclare82 wrote:Heard rumours of jedinak so maybe him?

Bloody hope so matey what a midfield we would have then with either Tshibola/Jedinak/Gardner sitting deep and the likes of Grealish Sinclair (if he stays) Ayew McCormack Gestede Green Murphy going for it, with a signing like Jedinak and IF Morrisson aswell we would be too strong for most teams in the Championship, exciting times or what :)

Dr Xia rules
Your not wrong mate. Imagine a double signing of mccormack and morrison followed by jedinak. Should be no excuses with that team. Would still like a top RB tho. Huttons ok and has good attitude but makes mistakes like clark.
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever on Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:18 pm

I would be happy with us signing McCormack especially if he scores us the goals that gets us promoted.
avfc forever

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch on Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:46 pm

VillaBill wrote:
KMitch wrote:Gana - I'm actually gutted about this one.  I know it's the cool thing among Villa supporters to bash him and call him Reo Coker 2.0, but there is a reason he went to Everton and not Boro/Baggies.  He was a fantastic defensive midfielder, who we tried to play as a box-to-box player last season.  That said, he still managed to put out some great stats on a consistent basis, despite playing in our shit team.  Great deal for Everton, and hopefully Tishbola can step up and fill the void left by Gana.

Clark - Not to bothered by this one.  He's shown good runs as a solid defender during his long time with us, but he's also had some atrocious spells as well.  At 27, he's at his peak, and I don't think he'll be pulling up any trees for Newcastle this season.  He'll be a decent option for him, but the fee we got for him is reasonable.

McCormack - I don't care about his fee or his age because we badly need goals, and he is hands down the most reliable goalscorer in the Championship.  Great signing on the pitch and a leader in the dressing room.  Get another solid midfielder/right back, win our first couple games of the season, and there is a good possibility we might run away with the league.  Very happy overall about our dealings this summer.  [/quote

You rate Gana really ? Dogshit of a player, couldn't pass, couldn't shoot, the only reason his stats were any good were because his second touch was a tackle!
Box to box ? I never saw him run back, I thought he was boon idle, Jedinak if true will be a far better player in the centre of the park than Gana

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/24/

Amavi and Gana were head and shoulders above everyone else in the team last season, and Gana played the whole season. Go ahead and dismiss the stats all you like, but it's the main reason why Everton picked him up. He'll have a great season for them this year.
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill on Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:55 pm

KMitch, I know we all have our opinions but having watched him live over 20 times last season he frustrated the hell out me, the times we lost possession (not always him) and I watched him dawdling back, not making any effort whatsoever to recover his lost ground, Everton fans will be moaning about him very sharpish.
I grew up watching players like Robson, Cowans, Mortimer, Bremner to name but a few who ran back as hard as they ran forward, Gana was a poor player within a very poor team, he will be no miss at all, im surprised anybody was interested in him TBH
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:06 pm

Gana isn't a bad player. But his stats inflate him quite significantly
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:20 pm

I liked Gana and thought he had a big future with us. Remember it was his first season in the Premier League (insert Wenger quote here), in a team with no direction and no apparent coaching going on. If only he'd stuck with us and given RDM and Clarke a try. On the plus side, hopefully within a couple of seasons we'll be going past Everton, waving.

Last edited by FoxyAV on Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:20 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
TheVillansOfAston wrote:Not speculation anymore......This from the horses mouth

https://twitter.com/FulhamFC/status/760749393364525056

A lot of Fulham fans wishing him well and seem to be doubtful the money will be re-invested. Lost Dembele and now McCormack, might be worth a little punt on Fulham to drop

It was nice to see that none of them were launching any sour-graped disbaraging remarks on his ability. Good stuff!
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:22 pm

I got a message saying it was all done but nothing on the official site yet.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum