The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Redundancy meeting today

+12
Saunders82
FoxyAV
DelboyVilla
achilles
Villa_Dan
Boldfinger
ViewFromT2
Terry Derry
EbeneezerGoode
Thinman
4BetLite
NARLA24
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Redundancy meeting today - Page 2 Empty Re: Redundancy meeting today

Post by Trotters Sat May 14, 2016 1:35 pm

achilles wrote:This seems the best place to put something I read yesterday about Portsmouth's relegation in 2010.

Roger McFarlane, Portsmouth's training ground steward, now 73 and one of the few survivors from the 2010 relegation.

"So many staff lost their jobs that some Pompey players even offered to pay the wages of key personnel, although not all members of the squad fully appreciated the plight of those earning less in a year than those taking home each week".

"People had been there 10 years, 15 years. It just didn't matter. According to the office, 'You're out'. There was no sympathy"

"I remember one day at the training ground, I had broken my watch and one of the players handed me this brochure and said, "There's some lovely watches in there". "The starting price was about £10,000 up to about £50,000, We were going into administration, could be losing our jobs, and the guy handed me this, I wouldn't pay £5,000 for a car, let alone a watch".

The chasm has only got worse and will continue too.

I do wonder how many players have little or no appreciation for what they "earn" when everyone around them is on similarly ridiculous wages. Maybe it's akin to how we think nothing of owing a mobile phone, computer or iPad, a car, having a home, a washing machine, etc whereas some poor African sod wouldn't know wifi if it hit him in the face.

The same disconnect between us and third world people exist between football players and us. It's fucking incredible to think that many (most?) could go out and buy your dream supercar that you'll never ever own with a fortnights wages and think nothing of it.

I suppose the difference is that I don't know anyone who is big enough a prick that they've taken a photo of their house or car and accidentallay tweeted it to an African kid.
Trotters
Trotters

Redundancy meeting today - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sat May 14, 2016 4:17 pm

That's because nobody can afford a pair of special trousers that can operate a mobile. They must cost a fortune.
DaveAV1

Redundancy meeting today - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat May 14, 2016 4:52 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:That's because nobody can afford a pair of special trousers that can operate a mobile. They must cost a fortune.

Post of the decade for me !!!!
smetro
smetro

Redundancy meeting today - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:00 am

I renewed my season ticket yesterday & got talking to the lady in the ticket office, I asked her if the redundancies had taken place & she said it was a very sad day in the office, I also asked if she had met Dr X & she replied that everyone had met him briefly & that he had spent more time with them that Randy had ever done in his ten year tenure.

Onwards & upwards, UTV
VillaBill
VillaBill

Redundancy meeting today - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2