The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


Team for the Championship??

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by EbeneezerGoode on Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:44 pm

i think we will need to sign a lot of new players to do well in the Championship. The Championship will be the last chance for overrated ex-youth players like Gardner and Grealish. Sink or swim time for them.
avatar
EbeneezerGoode



Posts : 317
Reputation : 302
Join date : 2014-06-22
Age : 42
Location : Singapore

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:06 pm

There is obviously a serious problem in the dressing room and the bad apples need to be removed in the summer. So a strong manager is required to solve these issues ASAP.

With regard to players out I think the likes of Guzan, Agbonlahor, Richards, Lescott, Richardson, Sanchez, Bacuna and Westwood need to go. However I know what will happen is the better players are always the one's to go first so Ayew, Gueye, Traore, Sinclair (?), Gil will go.

As for Gardner, he needs to be given a run. He has performed in the Championship to a decent level and at least he has been away from the poisonous influences. Grealish IMO has suffered since he has been back at VP and maybe it is the influence of the rotten eggs or being with his family but a strong manager IMO can get the best out of JG. I also hope Baker comes back ready for the SkyBet as he seems to have done well on loan.

As for new players? I don't watch the Championship enough and this is why we need a manager who has recently been in that league and definitely not Moyes who has been looking at completely different players for the past few years.

DelboyVilla



Posts : 1049
Reputation : 1271
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by NARLA24 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:38 pm

The Championship is going to be a massive culture shock for most of the players and the inevitable wage reduction will sting their pockets. I expect a totally different squad to be in plaace by the start of next season, totally different.
avatar
NARLA24



Posts : 2348
Reputation : 1754
Join date : 2014-09-26
Age : 47
Location : Working to bloody hard

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by villajk on Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:45 pm

IF YOU Jopp THINK Sanchez, Bacuna or Westwood are better than GARDNER ,YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THEN PLAY,WHY THE DISLIKE OF G GARDNER ??? ,I have seen Sanchez, Bacuna Westwood and they are the reason we are where we are ,,YOU NEED A STRONG MIDFIELD

villajk



Posts : 198
Reputation : 168
Join date : 2015-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by 4BetLite on Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:46 pm

about to invest a couple hours watching championship footy, might aswell get used to it, Gardner starts for forest.
avatar
4BetLite



Posts : 1776
Reputation : 2815
Join date : 2015-06-20
Location : Bloody Hell

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by 4BetLite on Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:20 pm

@4BetLite wrote:about to invest a couple hours watching championship footy, might aswell get used to it, Gardner starts for forest.

couldn't help noticing almost immediately that both teams have started with goalkeepers, Brighton are much better then us, we on a par with forest at best
avatar
4BetLite



Posts : 1776
Reputation : 2815
Join date : 2015-06-20
Location : Bloody Hell

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by DaveAV1 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:27 pm

Pearson is at the Forest game.

DaveAV1



Posts : 841
Reputation : 1388
Join date : 2014-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by EbeneezerGoode on Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:16 am

@villajk wrote:IF YOU Jopp THINK Sanchez, Bacuna or Westwood are better than GARDNER ,YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THEN PLAY,WHY THE DISLIKE OF G GARDNER ??? ,I have seen Sanchez, Bacuna Westwood and they are the reason we are where we are ,,YOU NEED A STRONG MIDFIELD

I dont think any of those four are the answer and we need to find an experienced midfielder on the way down and steal a couple of younger guys who have done it for a couple of seasons in the championship like Mowat from Leeds who has been mentioned.
avatar
EbeneezerGoode



Posts : 317
Reputation : 302
Join date : 2014-06-22
Age : 42
Location : Singapore

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by Joppe84 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:38 am


I dont think any of those four are the answer and we need to find an experienced midfielder on the way down and steal a couple of younger guys who have done it for a couple of seasons in the championship like Mowat from Leeds who has been mentioned.

Agreed.
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3440
Reputation : 2935
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by Dazzle on Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:26 am

Lewis Cook at Leeds would be a good purchase, young with a good season behind him in the championship and a rumoured £5m release clause in his contract. As I have previously mentioned, though, we will now be a long way down a line of clubs in the pecking order for signings.
avatar
Dazzle



Posts : 687
Reputation : 1036
Join date : 2014-08-10
Age : 44
Location : Oxford

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by smetro on Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:24 am

Ayew linked to West Ham for £6m - likley to the player who raises most funds for us this close season.
avatar
smetro



Posts : 2508
Reputation : 1465
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 53

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by The Utterer on Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:46 am

Ayew will no doubt be off but i'd tell em to swing for 6m! He cost us 9m has a long contract and now has a seasons Prem experience behind him plus Moneybags Prem teams can easily afford way more than that for a striker!! 15m or sod off!
avatar
The Utterer



Posts : 1112
Reputation : 1119
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by smetro on Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:52 am

@The Utterer wrote:Ayew will no doubt be off but i'd tell em to swing for 6m! He cost us 9m has a long contract and now has a seasons Prem experience behind him plus Moneybags Prem teams can easily afford way more than that for a striker!! 15m or sod off!


I really don't see anynore than £9m - given most of our rebuild is to be financed by player sales, I really don't think we can hold onto him if we get an offer around what we paid. Unless you don't want to see any new players arriving of course !
avatar
smetro



Posts : 2508
Reputation : 1465
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 53

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by Joppe84 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:21 am

If you ask me Ayew has shown quality this season. Easily a Premier League striker that can hit double digits in a team that isn't fucking shit.

Premier League strikers that can hit double digits go for stupid money in this league. Connor Bloody Wickham that never scores for shit was bought for £ 7 million. Afobe was bought for £ 11 million. Thauvin was bought for £ 10 million.

The idea of selling Ayew for less than £ 10 million is just ridiculous, and personally I'd say any businessman selling him for less than £ 12 million have no idea what he's doing.

avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3440
Reputation : 2935
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by Joppe84 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:22 am

@smetro wrote:
@The Utterer wrote:Ayew will no doubt be off but i'd tell em to swing for 6m! He cost us 9m has a long contract and now has a seasons Prem experience behind him plus Moneybags Prem teams can easily afford way more than that for a striker!! 15m or sod off!


I really don't see anynore than £9m - given most of our rebuild is to be financed by player sales, I really don't think we can hold onto him if we get an offer around what we paid. Unless you don't want to see any new players arriving of course !

Well it isn't that hard. Lerner if he has half a grasp of business will know that he can spend £ 10 million on three championship players that can improve us. This is something we can afford from the parachute payments, no problem. Then you just keep Ayew to you get the sum you want. People are desperate in the transfer windows.
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3440
Reputation : 2935
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by Villa_Dan on Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:32 am

Bought with zero experience for £9m and now has a year in the Prem where he has scored goals. Add in his long contract.

Making a loss on him would be retarded.
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4192
Reputation : 3971
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by 4BetLite on Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:45 am

@Villa_Dan wrote:Bought with zero experience for £9m and now has a year in the Prem where he has scored goals. Add in his long contract.

Making a loss on him would be retarded.

I'm hoping we will be big and brave enough to clear out the right morons and keep a core that we can rebuild upon, Ayew, Veretout, Gana, Amavi, Okore, Grealish(pressures on kid, time to step up), Gestede(proven championship level destroyer), Hutton, Clark. However, they've got to want it and throw that big ego out the window and work for a living.

The rest are either not quite right or fucking useless and should be sold or sacked.
avatar
4BetLite



Posts : 1776
Reputation : 2815
Join date : 2015-06-20
Location : Bloody Hell

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by Dazzle on Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:49 pm

@Joppe84 wrote:
@smetro wrote:
@The Utterer wrote:Ayew will no doubt be off but i'd tell em to swing for 6m! He cost us 9m has a long contract and now has a seasons Prem experience behind him plus Moneybags Prem teams can easily afford way more than that for a striker!! 15m or sod off!


I really don't see anynore than £9m - given most of our rebuild is to be financed by player sales, I really don't think we can hold onto him if we get an offer around what we paid. Unless you don't want to see any new players arriving of course !

Well it isn't that hard. Lerner if he has half a grasp of business will know that he can spend  £ 10 million on three championship players that can improve us. This is something we can afford from the parachute payments, no problem. Then you just keep Ayew to you get the sum you want. People are desperate in the transfer windows.

I'd like to bring a bit of reality to this subject. Ayew is a player bought for £9m, he now has a seasons premiership football experience and has clearly adjusted and is up to speed. He works hard, he can play wide, he can score goals. He will be settled going into next season. The only way he leaves Aston Villa this summer for anything less than double the money we paid will be because of a stupid release clause inserted into his contract by the last hierarchy. As pointed out by others on this topic, Afobe went for £10m, Wickham has gone for big money TWICE, Rhodes went for £11m to another championship club. As far as I'm concerned it's near lunacy to contemplate selling Ayew unless contractually obliged, ditto Gana. If people actually think we can sell the half decent players we actually have and replace them with two or three good championship players with the money then you are barking. Aston Villas money problem isn't via transfer fees but rather shit players on huge money ballooning the annual salary. As I've said before, get rid of the likes of Richards, Agbonlahor, Lescott, Sanchez, Nzogbia, Richardson, Hutton, Kozak and you save something in the region of £300k per week on players that have contributed next to nothing and have no future at Aston Villa. That's around £15m per year by getting rid of utter shite. Throw in the likes of Bennett, Bacuna, Guzan and you save a bit more. Just take a moment and digest those players I've listed and ask yourselves what they have contributed, and could they be of any use should we get back into the premiership in a years time? The answer is nothing and no. They are a total dead weight around our ankles. Shifting that weight has to be the first priority.
avatar
Dazzle



Posts : 687
Reputation : 1036
Join date : 2014-08-10
Age : 44
Location : Oxford

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by Dazzle on Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:08 pm

I believe we actually have a decent core to a team that could challenge for promotion already on our books. We don't yet have an established GK going into next season, but I don't see that as vital going into a championship season, more preferable. We have Clark, Baker, Okore for CBs, we have Amavi and Cissokho for LBs. We have Gana, Westwood, Veretout, Gardner, Gil, Sinclair, Grealish, Green, Lyden for MFs, we have Ayew, Traore, Gestede for STR. Get those players in the right environment with the right manager and they should be good enough in the championship. Add three or four good championship players and we shouldn't be too far away. Leadership in our ranks is the vital thing we need to gain from somewhere, maybe a new manager will bring it out in one or two of the existing players. Add a new RB, two MFs, and a STR........ideally a GK too.
avatar
Dazzle



Posts : 687
Reputation : 1036
Join date : 2014-08-10
Age : 44
Location : Oxford

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by Joppe84 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:29 pm

Didn't find an applaud-smiley, but you deserve it. Great post.
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3440
Reputation : 2935
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by Villa_Dan on Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:33 pm

@Dazzle wrote:I believe we actually have a decent core to a team that could challenge for promotion already on our books. We don't yet have an established GK going into next season, but I don't see that as vital going into a championship season, more preferable. We have Clark, Baker, Okore for CBs, we have Amavi and Cissokho for LBs. We have Gana, Westwood, Veretout, Gardner, Gil, Sinclair, Grealish, Green, Lyden for MFs, we have Ayew, Traore, Gestede for STR. Get those players in the right environment with the right manager and they should be good enough in the championship. Add three or four good championship players and we shouldn't be too far away. Leadership in our ranks is the vital thing we need to gain from somewhere, maybe a new manager will bring it out in one or two of the existing players. Add a new RB, two MFs, and a STR........ideally a GK too.

The right manager is more important than signing a raft of players
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4192
Reputation : 3971
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by ember on Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:49 pm

Massively conflicted at the moment. I'm happy about the fact that SHA have just been done by Leeds and now have about as much chance as we do of playing in the PL next season.

On the other hand, I'm deeply unhappy that whatever team we field next season will have to play that filth twice and their Stig-like followers will rock up at VP and pollute the place at least once. No
avatar
ember



Posts : 616
Reputation : 1131
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by Stratfordvilla on Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:50 pm

Thought green and Davies were really good Last night. Weirdly thought Grealish and adama were disappointing. Youth can be squad players next year but can't rely on a 19 year for 46 games.

Stratfordvilla



Posts : 95
Reputation : 102
Join date : 2014-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by Joppe84 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:43 am

I love our academy. So much passion, ability and they always and I mean ALWAYS look like a team. They play for each other and try to make each other better. Can't say I've seen much of that in our first team in absolute eons.

I seriously would like to see N'zogbia, Richards, Lescott, Richardson, Gabby, Guzan, Bacuna leave. Get youngsters like Green, Toner, Donacien, Calder, Murphy, Sarkic, Suliman, Webb, Lyden, Sellars in the first team. Add few signings and I'd be loving it. I'd be Keegan loving it.
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3440
Reputation : 2935
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by villajk on Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:32 pm

add westwood to that list, to lightweight for that position and poor sh-t

villajk



Posts : 198
Reputation : 168
Join date : 2015-09-20

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum