The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Team for the Championship??

+54
Boldfinger
danclare82
Kakacroom
Aston Phila
JoshKaiAV
VTID85
lukevilla
1Elliot
Mr_Spadge
nickf21
Saunders82
AstonThriller
De Kuip
mikethevillain
Lammypaul
Synopsis
pcfbavfcoman
South London Villan
andrew24561
Alf T
achilles
BillytheKid
big ming
fastbackace
Rawlie
AVFClee
bruka
KMitch
Con
Trotters
River
Leafs1201
ember
DaveAV1
NARLA24
DelboyVilla
EbeneezerGoode
Thinman
Dions_Bald_Head
thegaffer6
avfc85
Robbo
mefromhere
4BetLite
UnclePanda
gdav
VillaBill
jeffvilla
smetro
Stratfordvilla
villajk
FoxyAV
Villa_Dan
The Utterer
58 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Team for the Championship?? - Page 9 Empty Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by BillytheKid Sat May 07, 2016 10:52 am

Thinman wrote:WARNING THIS IS NOT A RATIONAL POST

But I am just totally sick of this squad. They are all tainted and toxic as far as I'm concerned.

I honestly don't want any of them to appear in our Championship squad. I think we're bound for League 1 in any event so I think we can take the risk of purging them all.

Let's just start again

Spot on chap feel the same also, but thinking about it Sinclair scored so many goals for Swansea in the Championship and yes a few were penalties for them but a good manager could maybe get him back at it for us and is Gestede useful coming off the bench in tight games with his Championship record, there is only a few i would even contemplate keeping tbh but i do feel the same as your good self and piss them all off for being so shit and humiliating to represent this great club.
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Team for the Championship?? - Page 9 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2016 10:57 am

Villa_Dan wrote:Veretout needs to be stuck with. I still maintain that given time he'll be our best midfielder and if we sell him now then someone else will get the benefits

I agree with this. I think he just needed time to get used to the pace of the game. And playing along with this shite makes it even harder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon May 09, 2016 1:30 pm

.....................................Bunn.....................................
Hutton............Okore.......................Clark.............Amavi
...................................Sanchez...................................
............Gana.................Westwood.............Grealish.......
................................Veretout......................................
................................Ayew..........................................

Provided we hold onto what we have, I'm looking at next season in a more positive light. Not even listed above are the like of Traore, Sinclair, Gestede, Lyden, Green, Toner, Baker, Gil, Steer, etc.
A manager such as Pearson in charge and with the like of Lescott, Richards, Bacuna etc gone and it ain't all that bad. A different atmosphere, a fresh season, a 2nd season for our foreign imports.........these things alone could make for a much improved team on the field. Burnley have just got themselves promoted from that league with Lowton at RB, and with no particular firepower compared to what we think we have. In that league, with the right attitude and manager, we certainly have the individuals to compete high up. Try and snare two or three good players from other clubs in that league that might pose a threat and we will soon become hot favourites. It's not so bad, I don't think.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon May 09, 2016 2:51 pm

Unfortunately a few of that side won't be here (i.e. 4 or 5) and Lescott could easily be here, along with Bacuna!
achilles
achilles

Team for the Championship?? - Page 9 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon May 09, 2016 2:59 pm

Dazzle wrote:.....................................Bunn.....................................
Hutton............Okore.......................Clark.............Amavi
...................................Sanchez...................................
............Gana.................Westwood.............Grealish.......
................................Veretout......................................
................................Ayew..........................................

Provided we hold onto what we have, I'm looking at next season in a more positive light. Not even listed above are the like of Traore, Sinclair, Gestede, Lyden, Green, Toner, Baker, Gil, Steer, etc.
A manager such as Pearson in charge and with the like of Lescott, Richards, Bacuna etc gone and it ain't all that bad. A different atmosphere, a fresh season, a 2nd season for our foreign imports.........these things alone could make for a much improved team on the field. Burnley have just got themselves promoted from that league with Lowton at RB, and with no particular firepower compared to what we think we have. In that league, with the right attitude and manager, we certainly have the individuals to compete high up. Try and snare two or three good players from other clubs in that league that might pose a threat and we will soon become hot favourites. It's not so bad, I don't think.

looks ok and its ridiculous to think that all we probably need is to rid the club of the bad apples and apply some better man management and better coaching. With some smart acquisitions we could walk the championship............Guzan out btw Laughing
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon May 09, 2016 3:09 pm

To my knowledge, we've been linked with about 6 new players in the last couple of weeks....... journalism is dead, fuk me to tears, we have no manager, no scouting system, the club might be sold, we have no forward plan at the moment, there are NO quotes from anyone on these links...................

Team for the Championship?? - Page 9 1558371468
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon May 09, 2016 3:39 pm

Ah.. are our European scout still in Australia and the english one still at college?
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2016 5:06 pm

4BetLite wrote:To my knowledge, we've been linked with about 6 new players in the last couple of weeks....... journalism is dead, fuk me to tears, we have no manager, no scouting system, the club might be sold, we have no forward plan at the moment, there are NO quotes from anyone on these links...................

While I found your post quite funny and I've thought something similar... isn't it a good chance of IF we get Pearson as a new manager he will already have started with preparing for next season in terms of transfer targets? The bloke literally have fuck all to do, but watch Leicester high light reels. He could easily have feelers out to agents if he knows he's likely to become a manager again the next few weeks.

I don't believe for a second there's a takeover happening, but I can easily imagine Lerner getting Pearson in and giving him free reigns.

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon May 09, 2016 7:46 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
4BetLite wrote:To my knowledge, we've been linked with about 6 new players in the last couple of weeks....... journalism is dead, fuk me to tears, we have no manager, no scouting system, the club might be sold, we have no forward plan at the moment, there are NO quotes from anyone on these links...................

While I found your post quite funny and I've thought something similar... isn't it a good chance of IF we get Pearson as a new manager he will already have started with preparing for next season in terms of transfer targets? The bloke literally have fuck all to do, but watch Leicester high light reels. He could easily have feelers out to agents if he knows he's likely to become a manager again the next few weeks.

I don't believe for a second there's a takeover happening, but I can easily imagine Lerner getting Pearson in and giving him free reigns.

yup, just imagine, if we unload champions league top quality superpro bacuna, he and his agent value him at around 40million I'm guessing, we should be able to get benteke and anyone else we fancy, cant wait!
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon May 09, 2016 7:55 pm

We have a chance for sure but the spine needs desperate attention in my judgement. Strikers (Ayew will surely be off) & keeper (s) are desperately needed and then replace any who leave / promote youth.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Mon May 09, 2016 8:21 pm

Dazzle that team took us down we need to get rid, for championship I would go... Hutton..........clark.........................toner.............Amavi
.....Gardner Grealish..Lyden................................................
...we need 1 new midfielder( Barton) and 2 strikers ,if you notice the core is British . if it a really wealthy take over they could have a go for terry...and a good keeper.................................
villajk

Team for the Championship?? - Page 9 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue May 10, 2016 8:38 am

villajk wrote:Dazzle that team took us down we need to get rid, for championship I would go...  Hutton..........clark.........................toner.............Amavi
.....Gardner Grealish..Lyden................................................
...we need 1 new midfielder( Barton) and 2 strikers ,if you notice the core is British . if it a really wealthy take over they could have a go for terry...and a good keeper.................................

Hi villajk. I don't think we can say that the team I've listed above exclusively got us relegated. The team that is 95% responsible for getting Villa relegated includes Guzan, Bacuna, Lescott, Richards, Richardson. Add to that complete mismanagement at all levels above and you have a recipe for relegation. There are good players in that squad, it requires that squad to be managed properly. We shouldn't get too carried away about the perceived difficulty of the Championship. I am certain that if you offered any of the clubs in the championship some Villa players such as Clark, Okore, Westwoood, Traore, Ayew, Amavi, Gil, Gardner, Veretout, Gestede, Grealish etc they would snap your arm off. Heck, I think most would even take a slimmer and fitter Agbonlahor! There certainly won't be 4 or 5 clubs with players of that quality at their disposal in the championship. Yes, we need maybe 3 or 4 more bodies to come in and continue the freshening up of the squad, but certainly not major surgery. Somebody like perhaps a George Thorne from Derby, or a Britt Assombolonga from Forest, Or Ross McCormack from Fulham, Iorfa from Wolves, Alan Judge from Brentford. Part of making life a bit easier for yourself in any league is to snare the best players from other clubs you think could challenge you. Villa will be the biggest draw in the championship next season, we have to utilise our advantage 100% to get the better prospects from other championship clubs. I'd be more than happy to be selecting a starting 11 from the likes of Bunn, Steer, Hutton, Iorfa, Amavi, Toner, Clark, Okore, Baker, Gana, Thorne, Westwood, Grealish, Traore, Veretout, Sanchez, Sinclair, Gardner, Judge, Gil, Lyden, McCormack, Ayew, Gestede. A half competent manager should be able to blow most Championship teams away with a squad like that. Judge has a year left on his contract, Thorne a couple of years. McCormack and Iorfa might prove difficult to get due to contracts, McCormack will be 30 this summer with 3 more years left in his Fulham deal.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue May 10, 2016 8:47 am

What undid us was bad attitude and a willingness to fuck the club over. The next few months or maybe even years will be interesting when the truth comes out.

No way was this squad relegation fodder. Certainly no way they should go on a losing streak like they did. And definitely not only worth half the points total of the next worst team.

For whatever reasons, many of these players decided to sink the club. Was it about Lerner? Fox? Who knows. But there's more to it than poor tactics and bad team selection.

If the root cause remains (Randy? Gabby? Riley?) then we are headed toward League 1 and it won't matter who we buy. This team as it is - and I appreciate we'll lose half of them - could shit all over the Championship.

Could. But won't. The question is why?
Trotters
Trotters

Team for the Championship?? - Page 9 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue May 10, 2016 9:07 am

The club has to be completely rebuilt, all the crap has to go, all the negative influences in the management and scouting structure have to go, all the journeymen players and ones at the ends of their careers or ones who have a lack of respect (Bacuna's wave to the Holte a few matches ago, Gabby's celebration for his single goal this season). The clearout needs to include the reserves and how they're being trained, managed and scouted. We need to keep a bunch of our good current players but bring in younger players, no more 30+ year olds or rejects from top four teams.

Ayew, Kozak and Gestede have look(ed) like they want to play for us (although I'm not sure we should keep Kozak), Baker will be great when he's not injured, Westwood will do a good job in the Championship and so on. You know what, if Ayew goes I'd be interested in bringing Weimann back and playing him up front with Gestede in a 4-4-2. He was never a wide player and was great in the academy as a central striker, and he's Villa.

We need to get out of the Championship first and lay some good foundations. For seasons we've been rebuilding every year with lots of cheap players and a new manager (well, apart from Lambert). I like Southampton's approach, although they had momentum from winning League 1, they had good support, made use of their excellent academy, made some good signings and used managers to take them up levels but not beyond their capabilities. I like the idea of Pearson because we need BIG changes and lots of arses kicked but I don't necessarily think we should keep him long term.

Maybe we should just raid Southampton's support staff! Sammy Lee is one of my neighbours and drinks in my local, shall I get to work on him?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Team for the Championship?? - Page 9 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue May 10, 2016 9:20 am

One other thing, we should be investing heavily in the academy for five or eight years time. Going back to Southampton, they produce some excellent players and give the good ones a chance in their first team, we have had a distinct lack of that of late, other than when we're desperate for cover (generally in defence) and with Grealish and Weimann as exceptions, but neither of them worked out well. No one knows where Grealish should play and no one seems to have successfully taken him under their wing. Weimann was consistently played out of position. I'm sure there have been one or two more - Albrighton was one, wasn't he? But he didn't fit into Lambert's single playing system. Selling Cahill to buy Davis worked well too. We need to be producing our own star players and buying in players with promise but first need to make our academy as attractive as possible.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue May 10, 2016 10:29 am

FoxyAV wrote:The club has to be completely rebuilt, all the crap has to go, all the negative influences in the management and scouting structure have to go, all the journeymen players and ones at the ends of their careers or ones who have a lack of respect (Bacuna's wave to the Holte a few matches ago, Gabby's celebration for his single goal this season). The clearout needs to include the reserves and how they're being trained, managed and scouted. We need to keep a bunch of our good current players but bring in younger players, no more 30+ year olds or rejects from top four teams.

Ayew, Kozak and Gestede have look(ed) like they want to play for us (although I'm not sure we should keep Kozak), Baker will be great when he's not injured, Westwood will do a good job in the Championship and so on. You know what, if Ayew goes I'd be interested in bringing Weimann back and playing him up front with Gestede in a 4-4-2. He was never a wide player and was great in the academy as a central striker, and he's Villa.

We need to get out of the Championship first and lay some good foundations. For seasons we've been rebuilding every year with lots of cheap players and a new manager (well, apart from Lambert). I like Southampton's approach, although they had momentum from winning League 1, they had good support, made use of their excellent academy, made some good signings and used managers to take them up levels but not beyond their capabilities. I like the idea of Pearson because we need BIG changes and lots of arses kicked but I don't necessarily think we should keep him long term.

Maybe we should just raid Southampton's support staff! Sammy Lee is one of my neighbours and drinks in my local, shall I get to work on him?

I'm sorry, can't agree with you at all regarding Weimann. Do you know how many he has scored in the Championship this season? I think it's 3 or 4. He previously scored 17 in over 100 apps at Villa. He's had his chance and unfortunately he just isn't top level standard. You can't fault his commitment or running, but if that's the case we may as well sign Mo Farah. If you are looking for Villa players that came through the ranks Villa let go then look no further than Cahill, Davis at Southampton, Gardner at WBA. There's certainly a case there for saying if Villa had those three in the squad this season then things might have been better.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue May 10, 2016 10:39 am

Dazzle wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:The club has to be completely rebuilt, all the crap has to go, all the negative influences in the management and scouting structure have to go, all the journeymen players and ones at the ends of their careers or ones who have a lack of respect (Bacuna's wave to the Holte a few matches ago, Gabby's celebration for his single goal this season). The clearout needs to include the reserves and how they're being trained, managed and scouted. We need to keep a bunch of our good current players but bring in younger players, no more 30+ year olds or rejects from top four teams.

I'm sorry, can't agree with you at all regarding Weimann. Do you know how many he has scored in the Championship this season? I think it's 3 or 4. He previously scored 17 in over 100 apps at Villa. He's had his chance and unfortunately he just isn't top level standard. You can't fault his commitment or running, but if that's the case we may as well sign Mo Farah. If you are looking for Villa players that came through the ranks Villa let go then look no further than Cahill, Davis at Southampton, Gardner at WBA. There's certainly a case there for saying if Villa had those three in the squad this season then things might have been better.

Weimann was consistently played out of position and spent his time running his arse off down the wing. How many goals did midfielder Richardson score from LB or midfielder Bacuna score from RB (two, I think) in all the games they played for us? I believe Derby haven't been playing Weimann as a central striker. Darren Bent scored for fun until Lambert arrived and wanted to play low possession counter-attack football with a low number of chances coming from incredibly accurate hotshot Guzan. Sure, Weimann can run but he's best played as a striker in the middle.

You're right though, we should be trying to sign Cahill. I'd rather we kept Gary Gardner than tried to bring back his brother though. At least Gary supports Villa.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue May 10, 2016 11:44 am

Does Google know something about the squad we don't?

Team for the Championship?? - Page 9 Avfc11
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue May 10, 2016 11:51 am

Totally agree that the current crop of players are not as bad as they are trying to show, as some of them fail under the trades description act of calling themselves professional footballers!

It is really difficult to work out how this has come about but I think it has all come from the top, the total apathy shown from the top has manifested all the way down into the managers and ultimately into the playing staff!

The whole club is surrounded by so much negativity and apathy that until this is removed nothing is going to change!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue May 10, 2016 12:43 pm

I'd get the apathy if they were all on minimum wage.
Trotters
Trotters

Team for the Championship?? - Page 9 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat May 14, 2016 6:53 pm

watching Barnsley v Walsall and every player would walk into our team........ all Walsall players too and they losing 3-0, we need a manager and the shit squad bombed out pronto!
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sat May 14, 2016 9:30 pm

Joey Barton is on a free
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat May 14, 2016 10:59 pm

South London Villan wrote:Joey Barton is on a free

Depending on our aspirations he might be a decent signing (how far have we sunk)!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2016 11:16 pm

I'd rather lose a bit more and not have Barton, if that's the only option. I refuse to have this club associated with that man. Some things are more important than football.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun May 15, 2016 7:14 am

Oh grow up Joppe!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next