The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Brian Little

+11
UnclePanda
achilles
Trotters
Terry Derry
mefromhere
Dions_Bald_Head
smetro
DaveAV1
Fpuppys
Boldfinger
VillaBill
15 posters

Go down

Brian Little Empty Brian Little

Post by VillaBill Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:53 pm

http://bbc.in/1LWPNPZ

Hope this is true, a step in the right direction
VillaBill
VillaBill

Brian Little 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Brian Little Empty Re: Brian Little

Post by Boldfinger Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:23 pm

A definite move in the right direction.
Next step is for mr Hollis to sack Tom fox and the other lemmings who have helped drag our club into the mire.
Boldfinger

Brian Little 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:59 pm

Just been confirmed on OS Brian little advisor to the board along with David Bernstein Scarf Waving
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Brian Little 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:01 pm

Couldn't really give a fuck. This is basically what this club has become. Switching out suits in the administration once a year.

Little won't make any difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:11 pm

Whilst I understand your scepticism Joppe and I could add a few cynical observations myself, what else can Hollis do? He's here to shake things up at the top and that appears to be what he's doing. Not many people will be critical of any of his appointments so far. None of them can guarantee that things can be turned around, but at least we now have some sensible football people on the board.

I think we will only really turn things around when Lerner goes, but we need people to steady the ship and make it possible for us to find a new and capable owner. Lerner is utterly incapable of doing that, so we must appoint people who hopefully can. Doing nothing isn't an option. Hopefully now the sackings can begin.
DaveAV1

Brian Little 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:03 pm

Brian little is my all time favourite player. The bloke was an absolute genius - tragically underrated - his sparce England appearance still rankles with me some 40 years later.

I think this is a nothing appointment though - he is only an advisor - so don't think he will carry much clout.

....and in anycase the appointment we most need is a proven manager - the structure above him is of little importance ....

Only good news if the departure of Fox must be imminent now....
smetro
smetro

Brian Little 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:07 pm

This has been a long time in negotiating or a change of heart - I read about King & Little joining quite a while ago.

Positive stuff as far as I'm concerned - not perfect, but a move away from number crunchers & NLP devotees.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Brian Little 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:01 pm

We now have the ex governor of the Bank of England & the ex chairman of the FA, this along with appointment of Little should give us people that are capable of correct decisions both financially & from the football angle.

I heard on WM Fox was travelling to the States & not attending Sundays game, could we put 2+2 together & presume Fox is on his way out ?

It looks to me that the "Moneyball" experiment is finally being consigned to the bin !

The 74 protest has been called off too, so I think most Villa fans should see these appointments as a positive step towards what's going to be a very difficult season next year in the Championship!
VillaBill
VillaBill

Brian Little 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:27 pm

Shame he's not coming in as manager too really
mefromhere
mefromhere

Brian Little 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:37 pm

VillaBill wrote:We now have the ex governor of the Bank of England & the ex chairman of the FA, this along with appointment of Little should give us people that are capable of correct decisions both financially & from the football angle.

I heard on WM Fox was travelling to the States & not attending Sundays game, could we put 2+2 together & presume Fox is on his way out ?

It looks to me that the "Moneyball" experiment is finally being consigned to the bin !

The 74 protest has been called off too, so I think most Villa fans should see these appointments as a positive step towards what's going to be a very difficult season next year in the Championship!

Fox has bottled it. Hollis should sack him now instead of trying to make it look like he has left by mutual agreement.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Brian Little 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:19 am

Only an advisory position rather than a director. That's a shame. I'd have loved to have seen him in a more structured role.

As it stands, with Lerner's record of doing very little right, I do wonder if this is just an appointment to appease the fans and nothing more. It's already put an end to the 74 min protest (weak-arsed as it was).

However, with my optimism hat on, it's entirely possible that Fox is off to the States on Sunday to negotiate his payout and, despite having said all the wrong things on Day 1, if the appointments of Little and Bernstein - who really is a fantastic coup - are down to Hollis then he can't really be faulted.

Bernstein can easily turn this club around IF Lerner listens to him. Big IF. Brian could give us a short, medium and long term plan for the framework of the footballing side of the club and obviously recommend a manager.

But still, there's a part of me that wonders if we're about to appoint Potato Head as manager and all this is smoke and mirrors.
Trotters
Trotters

Brian Little 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:16 am

A fellow STH told me at the Everton debacle that Pearson is nailed on for the job in the summer
VillaBill
VillaBill

Brian Little 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:13 am

VillaBill wrote:A fellow STH told me at the Everton debacle that Pearson is nailed on for the job in the summer
I have heard similar from some people in Liverpool, where I have been working in readiness for the Grand National meeting. There always seem to be well informed football people up here.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Brian Little 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:45 am

As long as this is followed by sackings and NOT more bloody payoffs then I will be happier with the way we are going!
achilles
achilles

Brian Little 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:09 pm

UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Brian Little 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:31 pm

achilles wrote:As long as this is followed by sackings and NOT more bloody payoffs then I will be happier with the way we are going!

I'd also like to see this but unfortunately a payoff-free parting of the ways will be dependent upon failure(s) to fulfill the requirements of the employment contract. As we have discovered, in football, being shit at your job doesn't have the same consequences as it might in the real world.

If/when Fox goes he'll be going with a payoff. I've remarked before that when a person gets to a certain managerial level, success or failure is largely irrelevant to whether they get another high paying, high level role. If they fuck up they get paid off and some other mug outfit drafts them in. I've seen and heard of it happening so many times it's really quite depressing.
ember
ember

Brian Little 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:21 pm

Little is still going to be the Jersey manager, this advisor to the board role is just a non existent position they made up to keep the fans quiet if you ask me, not sure what roll Bernstein is going to play but that could work out well, certainly nothing to get excited about at the moment though
Synopsis
Synopsis

Brian Little 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:30 pm

Synopsis wrote:Little is still going to be the Jersey manager, this advisor to the board role is just a non existent position they made up to keep the fans quiet if you ask me, not sure what roll Bernstein is going to play but that could work out well, certainly nothing to get excited about at the moment though

I heard somewhere that the Jersey thing is only Interim until season end.
smetro
smetro

Brian Little 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:46 pm

Theres only onnnnnnne Brian Little.

Loving seeing and hearing this Legend and him being involved with the club again, he was my idol when I was a kid, I remember so many times losing my voice shouting his name and I recall us playing Barcelona at VP when I was about 12, there was another great player there that night, Mr Cruyff was nearing the end of his career but still looked like a God, at my age it was like the stuff that dreams are made of, a much simpler time when all I cared about in this world was Aston Villa FC.

RIP JOHAN CRUYFF

LONG LIVE ASTON VILLA
4BetLite
4BetLite

Brian Little 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:58 pm

I Remember just catching the end of Brian's career. I first saw him in a 1-3 defeat against the Scousers when we were 0-3 down and he scored a consolation. would have been late 70's.. Great player and manager here :)
The Utterer
The Utterer

Brian Little 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down