The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Which players will we be left with?

+7
The Utterer
KMitch
avfc85
andrew24561
FoxyAV
Villa_Dan
Dazzle
11 posters

Go down

Which players will we be left with? Empty Which players will we be left with?

Post by Dazzle Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:41 am

Well it's as good a time as any to start musing over which players we'll be left with come the start of next season in the championship, we're done with this season.
I think it's fairly obvious who the players that will leave are;
(1) Ayew- He has enhanced his reputation and we should be able to recoup at least our outlay (assuming no meagre relegation release clause). £13-15m
(2) Idrissa Gueye- Has been steadily improving recently and with a year in the premiership under his belt he will be sought after. £7-10m
(3) Micah Richards- Really not been that good, but you just know his previous reputation will have others come calling. £8-10m
(4) Veretout- Was sought after before we got him, will be wanted again, though probably back to France. £7-10m
(5) Nzogbia- out of contract and a thief. Goodbye. Approx £25m lost over his contract.
(6) Richardson- out of contract i believe, not his fault he's crap.
(7) Amavi- if he can prove fitness before end of summer window then he'll be gone for sure. Excellent prospect. £10-12m
(8) Okore- the club have clearly pissed him off, with just a year left on deal will likely go. £6-8m
(9) Traore- with his reported wage combined with him no way wanting to be in the championship, he'll be gone. £8m
(10) Lescott- probably off to the MLS. Maybe get £1-2m but likely let him go to remove from wage bill.

So you'll note i expect us to lose essentially all of our buys from last summer, and with the new money in the premiership we'll get at least our money back.

That'll likely leave us with the likes of Guzan, Bunn, Hutton, Clark, Bennett, Baker, Bacuna, Westwood, Gestede, Agbonlahor, Sanchez, Sinclair, Grealish, Gil.
We could conceivably raise upto £60m selling the above listed players. But we're left with a whole bunch of shite that'll never compete in the championship. I don't see more than half of the proceeds of sales being reinvested, and bearing in mind we've seen Afobe and Rhodes go for £10+ transfer fees, I'd say we are screwed!

Dazzle
Dazzle

Which players will we be left with? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Which players will we be left with? Empty Re: Which players will we be left with?

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:43 am

Gil will also leave IMO We might have a chance at keeper Amavi due to the severity of his injury
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Which players will we be left with? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Which players will we be left with? Empty Re: Which players will we be left with?

Post by FoxyAV Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:52 am

Garde plays Ayew (subject to idiocy), Gueye, Veretout and Okore every week. Richards was CB until injury, then Okore came back into the fold and has kept his place. Keeping hold of these players for me is essential (and Amavi) and IMHO will happen only if three things come to pass:

1. Garde stays. He's not an idiot, so if he doesn't get what he needs he'll walk. Him staying is reliant on:

2. The club planning to return to the Premier League and investing in the manager and new players. If one of these two doesn't happen, we're fucked and the manager and key players will leave. After all, if the club is going nowhere and another club (any club) wants you, there's no competition.

I don't really care about Lescott or Richards, and N'Zogbia can go screw himself. Richardson is a midfielder, he tried at LB and it's not his fault he was crap at it. The funny thing is though, we finally have two decent LBs in Cissokho and Amavi. A luxury I suspect we won't have next season.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:51 pm

if they don't want to play for us they can all go as far as i'm concerned
andrew24561
andrew24561

Which players will we be left with? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:56 pm

Dazzle wrote:Well it's as good a time as any to start musing over which players we'll be left with come the start of next season in the championship, we're done with this season.
(1) Ayew- He has enhanced his reputation and we should be able to recoup at least our outlay (assuming no meagre relegation release clause). £13-15m
(2) Idrissa Gueye- Has been steadily improving recently and with a year in the premiership under his belt he will be sought after. £7-10m
(3) Micah Richards- Really not been that good, but you just know his previous reputation will have others come calling. £8-10m
(4) Veretout- Was sought after before we got him, will be wanted again, though probably back to France. £7-10m
(5) Nzogbia- out of contract and a thief. Goodbye. Approx £25m lost over his contract.
(7) Amavi- if he can prove fitness before end of summer window then he'll be gone for sure. Excellent prospect. £10-12m
(8) Okore- the club have clearly pissed him off, with just a year left on deal will likely go. £6-8m
(9) Traore- with his reported wage combined with him no way wanting to be in the championship, he'll be gone. £8m
(10) Lescott- probably off to the MLS. Maybe get £1-2m but likely let him go to remove from wage bill.

So you'll note i expect us to lose essentially all of our buys from last summer, and with the new money in the premiership we'll get at least our money back.

That'll likely leave us with the likes of Guzan, Bunn, Hutton, Clark, Bennett, Baker, Bacuna, Westwood, Gestede, Agbonlahor, Sanchez, Sinclair, Grealish, Gil.
We could conceivably raise upto £60m selling the above listed players. But we're left with a whole bunch of shite that'll never compete in the championship. I don't see more than half of the proceeds of sales being reinvested, and bearing in mind we've seen Afobe and Rhodes go for £10+ transfer fees, I'd say we are screwed!

I'm sorry but I'm very sceptical you are going to get near the transfer fee's you have suggested, the fact we will be relegated will force our hand to move this players on for less that they would of been valued at if we were still in the Premiership.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:57 pm

Sell them all and start fresh would be our best bet. A completely new squad without the hangover of being relegated, mixed with promising reserve/youth players is the way forward.

With regards to the current squad, the only ones I really care about keeping are Ayew, Veretout, Amavi, Gana, Okore, and Cissokho, but I can't see us keeping all of them. If we're lucky, we'll keep 3 out of the 6. I want to see Richards, Gabby, Lescott, Richardson, N'Zogbia, Hutton, and Gestede fuck off as quickly as possible. I'm indifferent on Gil, Sinclair, Kozak, Westwood, Clark, Baker, Bennett, Sanchez, and Bacuna. I don't care if they stay or go.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:15 pm

Whoever is manager needs to get the blend of youth and experience right for the Championship.

I would remove Guzan ASAP - the guy has lost complete confidence and everytime he seems to go back in he makes about 2-3 errors.

As GK's I Would stick with Bunn and Steer - unless a quality keeper is available to us.

LB - I would go with Bennett and Kinsella (I can't see Cissokho staying)

CBs: Clark, Baker, Donacien, Bateman and possibly look to bring someone in with experience and good at that level (Richards, Lescott will move on and possibly Okore)

RB: Hutton and Bacuna (bring someone in if one does leave)

LM: Sinclair (look to bring someone in)

CM: Westwood Gardner Mason, Calder, Lyden (davis- never seen him) look to bring one in with experience or guile?

RM: Grealish - looking to bring someone in (Bacuna is better at RB awful anywhere else)

ST: Gestede, Sellars, Robinson - look to bring in attackers - (Gabby is a bad egg - time to move on, Kozak doesnt cut it for me, rest I think will go.

For me the key areas to invest in will be a decent winger/inside forward creative CM/CAM and a quality striker.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:48 pm

I think if they are seriously thinking of a promotion push (which somehow i doubt) we would need in my opinion ....

New Gk + back ups Guzan and or Bunn (I actually think a confident Guzan is better than Bunn but if he can't get his mojo back get rid)

Hutton as a RB purely as he has long contract but sell Bacuna and replace him with a new RB

LB - depends on Amavi, If he stays fine if not a least one new one needed although with Richardson surely off maybe even two! Cissokho would be fine IF he would stay in my opinion.

Central defence - Surely Okore is off and his agent already has him touting for a move. Likewise i can see Lescott going. So that leaves us with Clark and Baker. They could do a job as backups in the Championship but again 2 new centre backs needed most likely.

Midfield - Well, where do you start!
Keep: Westwood, Gardner,  but can't see any others staying unless they can't get a move which is a possibility. I sounds as though they have big wage reductions inbuilt to their contracts so i do not forsee too many issues with wages if they do stay. For mei would not be concerned with any of them leaving.

Strikers - Lol! Well for me the reason we are where we are!
Gabby could be handy with his pace, experience and bulk in the Championship but not as the main striker obviously. We desperately need signings here! Having said that i could see Kozak doing serious damage in that division.

As for Sinclair & Adama? maybe keep them til xmas to see how they fare (if they are willing to stay of course)
The Utterer
The Utterer

Which players will we be left with? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:09 pm

Keep: Westwood your having a laugh, too weak, get rid
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:42 am

The day Richardson leaves this club I'm downing a bottle of Mccallan 15 in pure celebration. Add Lescott, Guzan and N'Zogbia and I might turn to heroin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:01 am

The Utterer wrote:I think if they are seriously thinking of a promotion push (which somehow i doubt) we would need in my opinion ....

New Gk + back ups Guzan and or Bunn (I actually think a confident Guzan is better than Bunn but if he can't get his mojo back get rid)

Hutton as a RB purely as he has long contract but sell Bacuna and replace him with a new RB

LB - depends on Amavi, If he stays fine if not a least one new one needed although with Richardson surely off maybe even two! Cissokho would be fine IF he would stay in my opinion.

Central defence - Surely Okore is off and his agent already has him touting for a move. Likewise i can see Lescott going. So that leaves us with Clark and Baker. They could do a job as backups in the Championship but again 2 new centre backs needed most likely.

Midfield - Well, where do you start!
Keep: Westwood, Gardner,  but can't see any others staying unless they can't get a move which is a possibility. I sounds as though they have big wage reductions inbuilt to their contracts so i do not forsee too many issues with wages if they do stay. For mei would not be concerned with any of them leaving.

Strikers - Lol! Well for me the reason we are where we are!
Gabby could be handy with his pace, experience and bulk in the Championship but not as the main striker obviously. We desperately need signings here! Having said that i could see Kozak doing serious damage in that division.

As for Sinclair & Adama? maybe keep them til xmas to see how they fare (if they are willing to stay of course)

If the tools that are in charge are serious about challenging to come straight back up then they will need to retain Okore, Gana, Veretout, Ayew, Amavi, Traore. Then they'll need to add at least another capable Goalscorer, Physical centre midfielder, and possibly centre half. Given that we've needed the aforementioned positions filled for at least the last 2 seasons i hold out little hope. We have seen with fees for Afobe (10m) and Rhodes (11m) that British players ain't cheap down there. In my opinion it'll be cheaper to retain what we think to be of a decent quality rather than try to replace. I can't emphasise enough, though, how little faith i have in the board to get even close to get something right on the playing side of things.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:19 am

Gestede I think can do a job for us in the Championship but even if we can keep Ayew we need someone in there who can score with his feet as well as his head. It would be good to find out if Kozak can work for us but I can see him going, that relationship hasn't worked for either party.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:25 am

I really don't want Gestede at this club. His footballing ability is awful. I'd rather watch ANY academy player upfront. In fact I'd rather watch Sellars in the championship than Gestede in the Premier League.

When we don't play wingers that whip the ball into the box, then Gestede becomes pointless. We need a striker that can handle both aspects of the game. We should have signed Afobe really.

I don't know the answer, but I know the solution isn't Gestede.

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:06 am

Dazzle wrote:Well it's as good a time as any to start musing over which players we'll be left with come the start of next season in the championship, we're done with this season.

Pretty much agree with your prognosis and player valuations.
If we gross £60m in sales - I doubt our manager would anywhere near half that - Id say £20m tops.
£20m with the right manager would be enough for a promotion push.
However I will be looking more who our manager is as to how likely we are to get promoted. Whilst I don't blame Garde for the current mess, he hasn't shown enough for me to give me confidence he can get things rolling for next season. Id say its 70/30 against him being here in any case.

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:57 am

smetro wrote:

Pretty much agree with your prognosis and player valuations.  
If we gross £60m in sales - I doubt our manager would anywhere near half that - Id say £20m tops.
£20m with the right manager would be enough for a promotion push.
However I will be looking more who our manager is as to how likely we are to get promoted. Whilst I don't blame Garde for the current mess, he hasn't shown enough for me to give me confidence he can get things rolling for next season. Id say its 70/30 against him being here in any case.

I'm 100% sure he won't be here next season in a recent Q+A session with the Birmingham mail when asked if he would be here next season he replied 'the previous question is the last one i'm answering', read into that whatever you like but to me it was a 'are you being serious, I can't wait to get out of this shite hole of a club'
andrew24561
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:40 pm

Amavi and Ayew are the only two players I would like to keep and Ayew will go and Amavi may stay because of his bad injury and he will need to prove his fitness before getting a move. The rest can stay or go, who cares?
achilles
achilles

Which players will we be left with? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:19 pm

This chap looks good enough for us

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35649272
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:35 pm

FoxyAV wrote:This chap looks good enough for us

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35649272
Wev'e had worse lol!
NARLA24
NARLA24

Which players will we be left with? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down