The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by Jo64 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:17 pm

According to the Telegraph, Remi has chosen Eric Black as his Assistant Manager.......
avatar
Jo64



Posts : 70
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:23 pm

who?
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3651
Reputation : 3035
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by villajk on Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:05 am

why him

villajk



Posts : 205
Reputation : 168
Join date : 2015-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by Joppe84 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:44 am

I had a quick google and it seems he was at Metz for a while. Isn't that where we picked up Reginald Ray from? Anyway, guess it's a good thing that Garde got in someone that he wanted.

I'm also fairly pleased he is British, even if I'd never heard of him.
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3651
Reputation : 3035
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by andrew24561 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:59 am

pretty sure Eric Black was Mr potato heads no. 2 at small heath
avatar
andrew24561



Posts : 259
Reputation : 310
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 56
Location : sutton coldfield

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by Wookster on Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:55 am

@andrew24561 wrote:pretty sure Eric Black was Mr potato heads no. 2 at small heath

and at Sunderland too
avatar
Wookster



Posts : 533
Reputation : 227
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Leeds for my sins

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by Boldfinger on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:02 pm

Seems like guarde isn't getting his boys in from Lyon then.
Didn't black used to be a forward ? Perhaps he can help the strikers out ?
avatar
Boldfinger



Posts : 653
Reputation : 1000
Join date : 2016-01-03
Age : 45
Location : the DR is always watching !

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by smetro on Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:18 pm

been watching villa for well over 40 years. I don't think in that time Ive know a significant upturn or downturn based on an assistant manager arriving or departing.
What really matters is how good RG is. Glimmers of encouragement over the last few games - still has a lot to prove though.
avatar
smetro



Posts : 2540
Reputation : 1471
Join date : 2014-12-27
Age : 54

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by Boldfinger on Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:35 pm

@smetro wrote:been watching villa for well over 40 years. I don't think in that time Ive know a significant upturn or downturn based on an assistant manager arriving or departing.
What really matters is how good RG is. Glimmers of encouragement over the last few games - still has a lot to prove though.
And because of our recent cut backs and changing of managers we have some players that are just not good enough or at least not good enough in the positions they have to be played in.

Your right though mate I don't think a new assistant manager or new chairman for that matter will save us.
avatar
Boldfinger



Posts : 653
Reputation : 1000
Join date : 2016-01-03
Age : 45
Location : the DR is always watching !

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by Dions_Bald_Head on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:03 pm

TBH I hadn't twigged that we still had a vacancy for AM, in which case ABOUT FRIGGIN' TIME! I wonder how he was picked - if Remi knows him already then this is good news for getting the Remi Football Philosophy (trademark) across because I have some faith in it.

Of course if Remi wasn't involved in the selection then it just adds to my worries...
avatar
Dions_Bald_Head



Posts : 925
Reputation : 784
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by Leafs1201 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:47 pm

Another bluenose at the club, well done Lerner.
avatar
Leafs1201



Posts : 277
Reputation : 197
Join date : 2014-05-07
Location : Watford ENGLAND

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by UnclePanda on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:50 pm

@Leafs1201 wrote:Another bluenose at the club, well done Lerner.

the fact he was at blues is irrelevant
avatar
UnclePanda



Posts : 705
Reputation : 287
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Redditch

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by UnclePanda on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:51 pm

Isnt Reginald Ray our assistant? According to the OS, he is... http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/WhosWho

Is he leaving? Or 2 assistants?
avatar
UnclePanda



Posts : 705
Reputation : 287
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Redditch

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by Villa_Dan on Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:00 pm

@Leafs1201 wrote:Another bluenose at the club, well done Lerner.

Plenty of legends played for them and you'd welcome them back. Grow up!
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4290
Reputation : 4034
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by villajk on Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:54 pm

agree, would take there manager if remi left, look what he's done at noses( hate to say) sold best players ,spent nothing winning games

villajk



Posts : 205
Reputation : 168
Join date : 2015-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by Thinman on Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:54 pm

No idea if this is a bad appointment but refuse to be bothered on the basis that things can't really get much worse.
avatar
Thinman



Posts : 625
Reputation : 480
Join date : 2014-04-06
Location : Selly Oak

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by ViewFromT2 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:50 pm

@villajk wrote:agree, would take there manager if remi left, look what he's done at noses( hate to say) sold best players ,spent nothing winning games

Never mind the fact he is actually a big Villa fan!
avatar
ViewFromT2



Posts : 1188
Reputation : 822
Join date : 2015-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by KMitch on Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:33 pm

Meh... Our last two assistant managers were complete flops and they made us hopeful. Maybe an underwhelming appointment like Mr. Black will be just what we need.
avatar
KMitch



Posts : 916
Reputation : 941
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Reno, Nevada

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by The Utterer on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:37 am

Haven't got a clue about him but i'm pleased it looks like Garde was strong on who he wanted.

Good luck to him
avatar
The Utterer



Posts : 1137
Reputation : 1143
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by Leafs1201 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:24 am

@Villa_Dan wrote:
@Leafs1201 wrote:Another bluenose at the club, well done Lerner.

Plenty of legends played for them and you'd welcome them back. Grow up!

Really ? Just another cut price appointment from Lerner & Co, so I don't need to grow up but maybe you need to get real about things.
avatar
Leafs1201



Posts : 277
Reputation : 197
Join date : 2014-05-07
Location : Watford ENGLAND

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by Villa_Dan on Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:26 am

@Leafs1201 wrote:
@Villa_Dan wrote:
@Leafs1201 wrote:Another bluenose at the club, well done Lerner.

Plenty of legends played for them and you'd welcome them back. Grow up!

Really ? Just another cut price appointment from Lerner & Co, so I don't need to grow up but maybe you need to get real about things.

You never mentioned the price, you were crying about him being a bluenose. Do try to follow these things, you did type them after all
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4290
Reputation : 4034
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by Leafs1201 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:48 pm

@Villa_Dan wrote:
@Leafs1201 wrote:
@Villa_Dan wrote:
@Leafs1201 wrote:Another bluenose at the club, well done Lerner.

Plenty of legends played for them and you'd welcome them back. Grow up!

Really ? Just another cut price appointment from Lerner & Co, so I don't need to grow up but maybe you need to get real about things.

You never mentioned the price, you were crying about him being a bluenose. Do try to follow these things, you did type them after all

Was I crying ? no, fair enough I never mentioned price in the first comment but if we're accepting Eric Black then why didn't we accept Alex McLeish, same thing isn't it.

Your two replies to me made me look to see if I was on Villatalk and not TBAR as it seemed to have a little dig because I had a different opinion to you.
avatar
Leafs1201



Posts : 277
Reputation : 197
Join date : 2014-05-07
Location : Watford ENGLAND

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by Villa_Dan on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:57 pm

Because Black was Bruce's assistant and saw them promoted, finish above us, relegated, and promoted again. He then followed Bruce out of the door.  Whereas Eck actually WAS manager and sent them down. So not really the same thing.

You immediately made a negative comment based on him being at Blues. I refuted that and told you to grow up, you changed your argument entirely and told me to get real. Now you are whining about me having a dig at you? Are you 12? All you seem to do is complain - about the club, the players, and the fans.
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4290
Reputation : 4034
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by Leafs1201 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:44 pm

@Villa_Dan wrote:Because Black was Bruce's assistant and saw them promoted, finish above us, relegated, and promoted again. He then followed Bruce out of the door.  Whereas Eck actually WAS manager and sent them down. So not really the same thing.

You immediately made a negative comment based on him being at Blues. I refuted that and told you to grow up, you changed your argument entirely and told me to get real. Now you are whining about me having a dig at you? Are you 12? All you seem to do is complain - about the club, the players, and the fans.

All I do is complain about the club, players and fans, fuck me are you happy with this shit going on then, get a grip for fucksake and stop being a prick and having a pop because we have different opinions, you sound like a Lerner fan rather than a Villa fan.

And on the subject of Eck, he won the Blues the League Cup or didn't that count because they got relegated 3 months later ?
avatar
Leafs1201



Posts : 277
Reputation : 197
Join date : 2014-05-07
Location : Watford ENGLAND

Back to top Go down

Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by ViewFromT2 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:54 am

Andy Gray on TalkSPORT this morning full of praise regarding Eric Black's appointment. He thinks it's a super move by Remi Garde.
His opinion will do for me!
avatar
ViewFromT2



Posts : 1188
Reputation : 822
Join date : 2015-02-13

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum