The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Quick Fixes

2 posters

Go down

Quick Fixes  Empty Quick Fixes

Post by smetro Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:48 am

I disagree with Steve Hollis about "'there being no quick fixes" IMO 90% of our problems come from poor managerial appointments. We need to move away from structures and plans - and concentrate our efforts on securing the best manager we can possibly get as Aston Villa - If such a manager ruffles the feathers of Fox, Riley, Amstad etc then so be it.

Get a decent manager in and the rest will quickly fall into place IMO.

smetro
smetro

Quick Fixes  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Quick Fixes  Empty Re: Quick Fixes

Post by NARLA24 Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:43 am

smetro wrote:
I disagree with Steve Hollis about "'there being no quick fixes"   IMO 90% of our problems come from poor managerial appointments.  We need to move away from structures and plans - and concentrate our efforts on securing the best manager we can possibly get as Aston Villa - If such a manager ruffles the feathers of Fox, Riley, Amstad etc then so be it.

I would keep Garde personaly at the moment. 99% going down so lets see if he can build something. Or we could get rid and go for Pearson i suppose but i don't think that would work either.
Ideas ?
NARLA24
NARLA24

Quick Fixes  5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:24 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
smetro wrote:
I disagree with Steve Hollis about "'there being no quick fixes"   IMO 90% of our problems come from poor managerial appointments.  We need to move away from structures and plans - and concentrate our efforts on securing the best manager we can possibly get as Aston Villa - If such a manager ruffles the feathers of Fox, Riley, Amstad etc then so be it.

I would keep Garde personaly at the moment. 99% going down so lets see if he can build something. Or we could get rid and go for Pearson i suppose but i don't think that would work either.
Ideas ?

Depends on his points yield to the end of the season - I agree we are 90% down, but I want some hope for next season.

My point was more general than Garde. What I meant was we focus less on overhauls, projects, visions, ethos , structures, etc.....Lets get the basics in place. Albion, Stoke, and others haven't got buckets of cash - but they have good solid proven managers. I don't believe you can appoint a 2nd rate manager and then try to cover his shortcomings with a load of helpers..... thats not a dig at Garde as such - more the approach we take in selecting managers....

smetro
smetro

Quick Fixes  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:41 pm

He's correct I reckon. I think it's an quick fix and that's called money, however we don't have money as Lerner is a fucking twat, thus there isn't any easy fix to this.

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:50 pm

Joppe84 wrote:He's correct I reckon. I think it's an quick fix and that's called money, however we don't have money as Lerner is a fucking twat, thus there isn't any easy fix to this.

Big Sam in October (or even last June) was one quick fix.

Rightly or wrongly I gave up on this season the day Sunderland appointed him.

smetro
smetro

Quick Fixes  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down