The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Rot

+3
EbeneezerGoode
Dazzle
Thinman
7 posters

Go down

The Rot Empty The Rot

Post by Jae1411 Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:24 am

So. The rot within our club, where is it? Everyone has their own feelings as to why were in this mess were in but which actually carry the most weight.

Randy Lerner - this man is heavily to blame, he has "starved" the club of what it needs to kick on, failed to take action early enough, failed to appoint the right people. But how much of that is him and how much is bad advice? We all agree he's responsible but he's not alone.

Paul Faulkner - the man was clearly incompetent, he was elevated to a position he was not capable of. Made a lot of mistakes but hey if you were offered that job and all that came with it would you say no? Also apparently fought Randy over the McLeish debacle but then again he oversaw o'neills tenure and allowed him carte Blanche. Again definitely responsible for some but for the most part was in an impossible position from above and below.

Tom Fox - inherited a shambles with the aim of making it better. We've got worse. Enough said.

Paddy Reilly/ Hendrick almstadt - I'm finding it tough to blame these guys. Yes we've made transfer mistakes this season but who have been our better players this year? Amavi, gil, veretout, ayew. The shitters who've let us down so much were already here. Not perfect by any stretch but the vitriol they're getting after less than a year is unwarranted.

Martin o'Neill - heavily responsible for a lot of things. Out of control wages, signing overpriced uncaring players, throwing away cups, strong arming Faulkner and Lerner into giving him ultimate power. BUT he's been gone years now and the decline has continued.

Paul Lambert - made baffling decisions and wasn't up to scratch for us but the more time goes on the more I see an inkling of a good job, again since his departure we've continued to collapse. Most of the shitters in our squad are his buys though so we'd be in the same position if he was still here anyway. He sucked the atmosphere from VP and killed off the fanbase. Again a man who was out of his depth.

Tim Sherwood - I really don't know what to say here. Complete fraud and tactical imbecile, Leicester was the death of our season .Shocking tactical decisions that turned a victory into defeat, flattened all confidence and not only put us here but also set up Leicester to be where they are. I hope in years to come we have all forgotten he was even here.

Remi garde - can't really comment. He doesn't look interested and I genuinely believe he's been bought in with the remit of see it out and you can rebuild in the summer.

The players - to a man are disinterested, strolling through mud. Nobody on that pitch looks like a fighter, there's no passion or desire. The difference between premier league teams is who wants it more. Our players don't. This stretches back to Collins, Dunne and right through to gabby now. We have ability in the squad but just can't get them to use it.

This started out as an attempt at a well written piece but emotion got the better of me. But hopefully as you can see, there is wrong at all levels of the club but I can't put a finger on why we are here, only that there's nothing that inspires optimism or confidence at all. How have we gotten so low from top to bottom. You look at Leeds and Portsmouth, even Southampton, when they went through terrible times they still had at least one element to cling to and be happy about, even if it was just watching 11 men try their everything for them, but we're rotten top to bottom. How has this happened so devestatingly?
Jae1411

The Rot 0_star10

Back to top Go down

The Rot Empty Re: The Rot

Post by Thinman Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:46 am

A good summary. I agree with all of it perhaps with the exception that Riley, IMHO, is a incompetent buffoon who knows very little about football.

I love this club but I just despise virtually everyone currently directly associated with it. They could all get sacked tomorrow and I wouldn't care. Even Ayew picked up a futile yellow card against Norwich thus extinguishing any faint hope of a point at Sunderland. They're all brainless, lazy, gutless tossers.
Thinman
Thinman

The Rot 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:35 pm

Loads of people have been sub par, but there is ONE reason why we are where we are now and that's Randy Lerner selling off every quality player we've had since 2011. It's Randy Lerner for the last 5 years running a Premier League club on a championship budget.

It's been a miracle that we've treaded water for so long, because we've looked championship material for as long as I can remember. You know when you sell Milner, Young, Downing and buy Westwood, Bennett, Sinclair. You sell Benteke and replace him Gestede.

We have ACTIVELY been trying to become a championship club and now we've managed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:28 pm

Every problem is the direct result of Randolph Lerners decisions. 100%. As far as I'm aware Villa are the only club to have a publicly acknowledged "bomb squad" in recent times, a handful of well paid players that the club thought it was better to completely sideline in an attempt to offload them from the wage bill, rather than put them in the shop window and try to get some kind of value from their remaining time at the club. Randy lost any bottle we thought he might have had the moment he allowed Gareth Barry to leave for Man City with a year left on his contract, any man with a bit of grit and fight would have kept a top player for a further year and let him leave for nothing after getting a good season out of a top professional, rather than panic and shove £10m into the coffers that was never going to replace a player like Barry. That was the moment the white flag went up, and the signal it sent to other top players at Villa (and to the football world in general) was that we had surrendered our ambitions. From that moment it has been one car crash after another, all of Lerners making.
Dazzle
Dazzle

The Rot 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:36 pm

Lerner must shoulder the blame. He appointed the other fools that are running the show and those fools appointed other fools. Fox is completely out of his depth and should be dismissed immediately, along with the hench-man, Wijeratna. The latter is clearly a spiv who is only interested in sacking people while the former is another gullible Yank. What were they doing bringing Almstadt and Riley in?
This sorry collection of individuals, plus the poisonous Robin Russell and General 'Comical Ali' Krulak, have made us into more than a laughing stock.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

The Rot 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:22 pm

I just see a bunch of over inflated Ego's who would rather hide away quietly than admit they don't actually know how to build a good football team.

It's all about £££££'s in their eyes and the crazy thing is this methodology is going to cost them a fortune!! The only way to achieve success in anything is to speculate to accumulate! you cannot play it over safe & average your way to success you have to lead from the front and take a few calculated risks! If a boxer wants to land a knockout punch he has to expose himself whilst throwing it! if he is constantly just defending his face he will never win a fight and therefore loses by default without ever knowing how good he could have been...This also describes Villa and Randy Lerner.
The Utterer
The Utterer

The Rot 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:28 pm

We are run by people like Lerner and Fox who probably know less about football than the least knowledgeable person on this board. Lerners stupidity has been far more cancerous than his lack of funding.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

The Rot 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:32 pm

Even if we get out of this horrendous mess, it is clear that Lerner and Fox will have to leave the club. They have been part of the most disgraceful board in the club's history. Fox has invited a few fans into a Q&A and told them that there is a plan behind all this. How can anybody be expected to believe a word of it? Villa are fucked and this board are 100% to blame.
There is a message for the board and it is a very rare one, where all Villa fans agree with it,
LEAVE NOW LERNER AND TAKE YOUR USELESS BOARD WITH YOU!
This includes you, Russell, Krulak, Fox etc.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

The Rot 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:19 am

Appreciate all the points and yes I fully blame Lerner as I pretty much stated at the start but my point is bigger than that. It's more along the lines of the things lower down like players not giving a shit etc. Lerner has royally fucked us but that's not an excuse for us going to shit all across the board. I mean what is it that is running so deep through our club that every single element of it is broken
Jae1411

The Rot 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:29 am

There is a saying i hear all the time Jae at work where i mentor people in personal development and it goes something like this....

Speed of the Leader = speed of the pack.

In other words the pace of any business or organisation is set by the Leader of that organisation and it's a force of nature that everyone else, whether intentionally or not, end up following his or her pace eventually. It takes time for an organisation to be brought to it's knees like this but Lerner has now had the necessary time for that to come about.

In my experience what happens is that anybody who enters the organisation who wants to run at a faster pace than the leader either ends up leaving through frustration when they realise the leader is too slow for them (eg. MON) or they get fired for having a difference of opinion to the leader... the result is the same though and eventually the organisation ends up a mirror image of the leader!

Now put that theory against the AVFC model and things kinda make more sense... at least they do to me lol!  Wink
The Utterer
The Utterer

The Rot 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:37 am

The Utterer wrote:There is a saying i hear all the time Jae at work where i mentor people in personal development and it goes something like this....

Speed of the Leader = speed of the pack.

In other words the pace of any business or organisation is set by the Leader of that organisation and it's a force of nature that everyone else, whether intentionally or not, end up following his or her pace eventually. It takes time for an organisation to be brought to it's knees like this but Lerner has now had the necessary time for that to come about.

In my experience what happens is that anybody who enters the organisation who wants to run at a faster pace than the leader either ends up leaving through frustration when they realise the leader is too slow for them (eg. MON) or they get fired for having a difference of opinion to the leader... the result is the same though and eventually the organisation ends up a mirror image of the leader!

Now put that theory against the AVFC model and things kinda make more sense... at least they do to me lol!  Wink

Bang on.

However if Lerner doesn't leave - I still feel we could have moderate success if the leadership came from a level below him. For example the owner of southampton has no interest in football - but she gets a decent CEO or Chairman to run the ship. But Lerner appoints poorly at this level also.
smetro
smetro

The Rot 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum