The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Guzan is shite

+10
4BetLite
Thinman
Trotters
Dgrizzle7
Cha Ching
De Kuip
avfc85
Synopsis
ember
KMitch
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Guzan is shite Empty Guzan is shite

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:49 pm

Probably the worst goalkeeper I've seen for us in 30 years. Including Kiraly and Enckelmann.

He's fucking inept. Never ONCE can he make an important save when we need it. He's all about television saves when we already are losing.

Awful footballer. Get rid.

Back to top Go down

Guzan is shite Empty Re: Guzan is shite

Post by KMitch Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:51 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Probably the worst goalkeeper I've seen for us in 30 years. Including Kiraly and Enckelmann.

He's fucking inept. Never ONCE can he make an important save when we need it. He's all about television saves when we already are losing.

You're blaming those two goals on Guzan??? What about Clark for his poor clearance and Richards' poor marking for the 1st, and Hutton's sloppy touch and Clark's poor marking for the 2nd??? Guzan wasn't the reason we lost today.
KMitch
KMitch

Guzan is shite 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:12 pm

Actually, you are both right. Guzan needs replacing with an "ept" keeper and Liability 1 (Hutton), Liabilty 2 (Clark) and Richards were all massively culpable for the goals.

The defence is like a pissed fat chav bitch on an Xmas do out on the town. Hutton is where the the fucker pisses itself, Clark is where it shits itself, Richards is where it pukes down its Santa top and Guzan is where it drops its chips. Garde is the stupid boss who didn't learn from last year's debacle and did it again.

Us fans are the people in the vicinity saying, "Fucks sake, that's disgusting!"
ember
ember

Guzan is shite 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:15 am

Guzan is a terrible terrible player, absolutely woeful, but other than Amavi so is every other player in a villa shirt this season, Ayew is starting to come good, will probably do well once he has signed for Stoke or Someone next season. Clark is up there with Grealish competing for most overrated bellend ever, least said about them the better.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Guzan is shite 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:00 am

Joppe84 wrote:Probably the worst goalkeeper I've seen for us in 30 years. Including Kiraly and Enckelmann.

Have to disagree here Joppe, He's the worst keeper in the top division ever!

Can only think that inept Lerner being patriotic and insisting this idiot starts, if we do not get a keeper in Jan then atleast an inexperienced Steer will be an improvement. We need a better defensive coach, we have players that are 1st choice for their Country and look like lower league players in our shirt!.........Can they just keep their shape and communicate for one fukin game pls! 🤦
4BetLite
4BetLite

Guzan is shite 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:19 am

Although Tim Howard is an excellent keeper, USA are not a top international team so because Guzan has played for them (only because Howard wanted a break) we really can't use that as an arguement for keeping Guzan or playing him.
avfc85
avfc85

Guzan is shite 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:50 am

Guzan is a poor keeper in a poor defence at the back of a poor team run by a poor hierarchy in a poor year off the back of a history of poor years.

Poor fucking us......
De Kuip
De Kuip

Guzan is shite 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:59 am

Guzans big problem for me is that he doesn't organise the defence properly and is not a leader back there. A good keeper calls the shots as he has a clear view of the defensive end of the pitch and can see danger before anyone else.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Guzan is shite 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:13 am

I hope Guzan's time is up under garde!
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Guzan is shite 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:22 pm

Cha Ching wrote:Guzans big problem for me is that he doesn't organise the defence properly and is not a leader back there. A good keeper calls the shots as he has a clear view of the defensive end of the pitch and can see danger before anyone else.

I was actually thinking about what I dislike the most about him. Ignoring his inability to cover his first post, he seems to always have bad communication with his defence. I wonder how many times I've seen him standing shouting at his CB's when he lets a goal in. While our defence is shocking, this has been a trend with Guzan all the time. It's quite often his blame to take. And then I thought of his kicking, his fucking infuriating kicking skills. His inability to set up counter attacks with precise throws or kicks. His flapping bullshit when he tries to pick down crosses. The man is the epitomy of all talk not trousers. He's like the Donald fucking Trump of goalkeeping, with even shitter hair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:24 pm

Been looking at Guzan's performance over recent games and yes, the defenders in front of him must take a good proportion of the blame but ....... He is still a hapless buffoon of a goalkeeper.

Why can't he just feckin save one once in a while like he did against Wet Spam?
Thinman
Thinman

Guzan is shite 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:06 am

He clearly doesn't communicate with his defence. Most of our goals come from players who simply aren't picked up.

Take Norwich's 2nd goal: Richards was facing in the direction of the ball and, whilst aware that there was a player behind him, probably assumed that Richardson was going to pick him up.

Guzan has a total view of his penalty box and says jack shit. Why? Why isn't he bollocking Richardson?

More to the point, why isn't he bollocking for ages afterwards? Why is it just a frustrated wave of the arms that seems appropriate? If any of this sort of shit carried on in my Div.3 Over 40's game, you can be assured that there'd be a bollocking for someone on the cards!

Villa though: just a bunch of unprofessional, pathetic, unfortunate losers.

Trotters
Trotters

Guzan is shite 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:39 am

Your last sentence says it all, Trotters.

Nicely summarised.
Thinman
Thinman

Guzan is shite 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:26 pm

On a lighter note, just seen that a Lad in the Indian schools cricket league has knocked a 1009 not out, bravo son, bravo...........................bet our Brad was fielding for the opposition
4BetLite
4BetLite

Guzan is shite 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:23 pm

We need a new keeper Guzan's form as been in decline for a while now.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Guzan is shite 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:34 pm

I found it hard to believe we started the season with him as our number one.
It's not just because he has no competition it is because he just ain't that good.
About 6/10 at best. Because he is weak then the defence have no confidence in him and it makes everyone's job harder, I'm not saying our current predicament is down to him because the rest of the team are just as poor (in general).
Boldfinger

Guzan is shite 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trysullvilla Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:51 pm

I dont remember tony parks been a good keeper. Yet he is the goalkeeper coach. Get shot of and bring in a villa legend to coach the keepers, a lad who commanded his area and was vocal with the defence. Can't remember many times he was beaten at the near post. Nigel Spink take a bow
Trysullvilla
Trysullvilla

Guzan is shite 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:55 pm

Tell him to bring his gloves lol. Never mind coaching he is playing.
Boldfinger

Guzan is shite 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:16 am

I have not checked the stats myself, so don't hang me, but just read that Guzan played in the win V Bournemouth and after that Bunn played in the other 2 wins and most of the draws. Guzan is currently on a losing streak of, wait for it................................

22 GAMES, conceding an avg of 2 goals per game.

Conspiracy theorists may think that we have some high level match fixing going on here, where the opposition have no idea they are part of it.

Could genius Randy, reilly, fox, almstaadt, garde, black, guzan, richards, lescott, bacuna, richardson, gabbycunt........ all be part of a complex betting syndicate?

Could Randy have secretly already got his money back, hence the drop in asking price to set us free, is Zog the mastermind? is Randy selling his jet to fund his purchase of airforce one?

or are they really just super shit at football.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Guzan is shite 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:23 am

Awful keeper. Pure shite. A turd of a man.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:44 am

He is crap - can't save, can't kick, makes terrible distribution choices and can't direct his defenders - but I'm not convinced it's his fault he's selected every week. Bacuna, for example, is an asshole. He was responsible for two goals in the match on Saturday and yet instead of getting his head down and actually trying, he gave the Holte a little wave. The whole Champions League thing. He has no respect whatsoever for Villa or its supporters and can go and I suspect will get the club he deserves (as long as it's not us). Guzan though hasn't done anything but fail to be good at his job and his selection must lie at the foot of our various managers this season. If it were me I'd have recalled Steer long ago (or brought in someone new) but failing that I quite liked the look of Bunn. He's not great but out of our two available goalies, the correct choice. Sarkic is probably better than Guzan.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Guzan is shite 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:49 am

Yep, prob like westy and a few others, nice guys but either average or poor players.

Lerner gave up way too early, we could have saved this season, poor managers, poor decisions, bad players etc etc

4BetLite
4BetLite

Guzan is shite 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:31 am

4BetLite wrote:I have not checked the stats myself, so don't hang me, but just read that Guzan played in the win V Bournemouth and after that Bunn played in the other 2 wins and most of the draws. Guzan is currently on a losing streak of, wait for it................................

22 GAMES, conceding an avg of 2 goals per game.

Conspiracy theorists may think that we have some high level match fixing going on here, where the opposition have no idea they are part of it.

Could genius Randy, reilly, fox, almstaadt, garde, black, guzan, richards, lescott, bacuna, richardson, gabbycunt........ all be part of a complex betting syndicate?

After watching Guzan kick a ball without any pressure on him an fail every game to get it to land on the widest strip of football pitch in England, I was utterly convinced he was in with some Far East betting syndicate. I've said it before, but I recall years ago that it was a top flight player who admitted that it wasn't uncommon for bets to be put on that there'd be a throw in within x minutes of the start of the game and that the players were in on it.

How far that goes is anyone guess. If it came out in a couple of years time that Villa players were paid to perform badly, would anyone really be surprised? Watching Shane Long give Lescott a 10 years head start and get slaughtered after Bacuna makes one of the single most awful passes in history makes me wonder.

There was a time when we were saying that it was incredible that a keeper of Guzan's standard was simply let go. Now look. Richards played for Man City and has impressed some rather decent managers. So how on earth has he become so galactically shit? These are senior players who've been around for long enough to maybe be exposed to the corrupt part of football. And they're certainly influencial enough on a pitch to be able to massively affect a game.

Huge tin foil hat statement, I grant you, and it's most likely that they've just been disenfranchised by the state of the club and the influence of players like Flabby to turn Aston Villa into the Pontins of football clubs. And that they're a bit shit. But again, if it came to light that 3 or 4 of the first team squad were on the take, would you seriously be shocked given what you've seen this season?

Last edited by Trotters on Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Trotters
Trotters

Guzan is shite 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:33 am

I'm not even going to correct the "10 years" autocorrect. It's just too perfect. :)
Trotters
Trotters

Guzan is shite 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:29 pm

Trotters wrote:I'm not even going to correct the "10 years" autocorrect. It's just too perfect. :)

This made me chuckle.

Do you remember that scarecrow in the wizard of Oz?

That walking talking bag of hay would be better in goal then knobshite guzan.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Guzan is shite 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next