The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Life in the Championship

+25
EbeneezerGoode
Trotters
Villa_Dan
achilles
Terry Derry
bruka
FoxyAV
villajk
Sky
Gazvilla
The Utterer
Dazzle
Thinman
Jo64
VillaBill
avfc85
KMitch
Synopsis
NARLA24
Dions_Bald_Head
tonyp
Con
De Kuip
UnclePanda
thegaffer6
29 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Life in the Championship - Page 5 Empty Re: Life in the Championship

Post by avfc85 Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:11 pm

that was another world of football - as someone mentioned so many factors to why attendances have fallen it's not just the midlands its most clubs apart from the top 4.
avfc85
avfc85

Life in the Championship - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:32 am

4BetLite wrote:I wonder if the twats on the board will take huge pay cuts if we are relegated

That's an interesting point. It was either our new chairman or Fox that pointed out publicly that many of our "star players" will take dramatic pay cuts in the lower leagues. Given that Fox has admitted liability for our poor season, his pay should be halved, too.

But we all know he's just a mouthpiece for Lerner who is trying to distance himself from anything to do with the club. My guess is, it's become an embarrassment for him in front of his mates who own other football teams, NFL, Hockey and basketball teams.
Trotters
Trotters

Life in the Championship - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:01 am

Saunders82 wrote:Sorry to be picky but the 76,000 record attendance was way back in the 30s my grandad was there that day he said you just couldnt move. I think the maximum we had in the third division was 54,000, a friendly against Santos of Brasil (Pele included) and a top of the table clash against Bournmouth, I was there for both matches and again you just couldnt move, it wasnt all seating then either. I was also there the season tommy Docerty came we only had 11,000 there the week before, he came and it went up to 30,000 still went down next season though.

Thanks for that update Saunders 82, that must have been crazy seeing 76,000, crikey we're lucky to get half that now.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Life in the Championship - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:11 am

Life in the Championship - Page 5 94557910
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:44 am

4BetLite wrote:I wonder if the twats on the board will take huge pay cuts if we are relegated

I used to work for a relatively big company where the management received bonuses based on how much money they'd saved. If you wanted to propose a business idea it didn't matter how much money you were going to make, all your boss was interested in was if the savings would be higher than the cost of implementation. Their other trick was when people left it was cheaper to let someone else take on their workload rather than employ someone new, so you ended up doing neither of your jobs properly.

I mention this only because I have complete faith that this kind of thing could never happen at the Villa.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Life in the Championship - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:40 am

Fox has commented that off the pitch, the improvements have been massive. Obviously he'll take all the credit for that and for finding a new chairman. His comments along the lines of any poor performance being all his fault is pure mouth-piecing from Lerner.

As such, I'd suggest that whilst he should be getting a pay cut like the players, odds are he'll be getting a lovely bonus.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:07 am

Talk is cheap especially when it is unquantifiable!
achilles
achilles

Life in the Championship - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:29 pm

After another humiliating defeat with players that are 1. simply not good enough, 2. not committed  3. Just not affiliated with Aston Villa, the board need to go back to basics let footballing people sign players not just stat based, let's give players a chance who seem up for the fight whether that players who have not been given a chance, u21's or signing the right players in the championship

I just want to be proud of Villa again at the moment I am just losing more and more connection with the club - I want to support my team again but I just can't under the current regime because it's just making wrong decisions it has an underlying current that they don't really care.

I don't expect to see my team winning every game but since my time following this club that stems from Ron Atkinson up until O'Neill you had players that loved or cared about this club, we just don't have that any more - we now even have a chairman and board who don't have the passions as days gone by.

We need to learn from the likes of Southampton, Watford, Leicester and rebuild again.
avfc85
avfc85

Life in the Championship - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5