The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Relegated already

+19
Terry Derry
EbeneezerGoode
The Utterer
Army villain
mefromhere
UnclePanda
ember
Villa_Dan
Dgrizzle7
Thinman
big ming
VillaBill
WendyOz
Rawlie
FoxyAV
villajk
avfc85
De Kuip
avfc forever
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Relegated already - Page 2 Empty Re: Relegated already

Post by villajk Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:14 pm

Do you like the idea of Gardner playing ,he is the only midfielder that can score, good in the air and takes a wicked free kick.
villajk

Relegated already - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:01 pm

Think I'd play atm.:

Guzan
Hutton Richards Clark AnyonebutRichardson
Sanchez
Veretout Gana
Gil Gestede/Kozak Ayew

Don't rate half of them, but reckon it's the most likely lineup for points

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:08 pm

villajk wrote:Do you like the idea of Gardner playing ,he is the only midfielder that can score, good in the air and takes a wicked free kick.

Dunno, we haven't seen him for such a long time! I like to give the manager the benefit of the doubt until such a time as he proves he's not up to the job, if he's good enough I reckon Garde will play him.

Bear in mind Lambert liked playing 4-3-3 and Sherwood apparently didn't have much say in the players bought in, and then never worked out how to play them, so a 4-1-4-1 isn't something we've tried before and don't necessarily have the players to make it work properly. That might change in the January window, and I wonder had we signed Adebayor could he have been the ideal striker, but in the absence of strengths we need to be playing to defend our weaknesses, and short of playing Okore, Baker, Sanchez and perhaps Gardner as our second row of four, a 4-1-4-1 isn't going to work when we have such an exposed left flank.

I do like Gardner though and hope he gets the opportunity to make his case.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Relegated already - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:40 pm

Guzan
Hutton Richards Clark Ilori
Adama Sanchez Gardner Gil
Kozak/Gestede Ayew

And before you all scream 442 doesn't work have a look at Leicester. Mahrez and Albrighton wide. Vardy +1 up top.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Relegated already - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawlie Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:55 am

I'm all for 442... just go back to basics for fuck's sake. We can't score goals so having one striker, who is not known for being prolific is about as pointless as we've been in most of our games this season. Kozak and Ayew make perfect sense to me. Big & small. Centre forward & striker. Focal point & provider. Could play a diamond midfield even with Sanchez holding, Gil number 10 and Gana / Veretout either side. Going 4-1-2-2-1 at Everton was just fucking awful. I was watching Deano and Dalian to cheer me up the other day... I know that was then, but, to be honest, that system can't be any worse than what we've been using so far.
Rawlie
Rawlie

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:00 am

De Kuip wrote:I'm with Army villain's post and apart from stating that, I'm not going to contribute to a thread called relegated already. Cos we're not.

Agree. Senseless to speculate at this stage.
Misery does love company though....
VTID
WendyOz
WendyOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:11 am

Don't think 442 will improve us at all. It's pretty obvious we need 3 CM's. And even if we didn't, it's not the tactic that's the problem... we just have shit players.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:17 am

Well while I'm probably testing faith a bit saying this, even relegation candidates tend to have some run of form during a season. At some point we will sync a bit better, gain some confidence and probably get some more points. Maybe we can try and look forward to that.

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:25 am

I remember trying to convince myself we were not going down under McNeil & obviously the inevitable happened.

History tells us we are stuffed, can Remi make history?

VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:54 am

Trying not to be negative......just realistic. At the minute, we are beaten before we go on the pitch.

Think there are two scenarios here..

1) We can go down, re-group and (god willing) come back up stronger with a successful promotion season behind us and all the confidence and team spirit that can bring.

2) We survive again by a cock hair and carry on as we have been (just surviving) with more drepression and shredded nerve endings.

Neither option is good, but which is the least worse option?

(Of course, there is another completely negative option which I prefer not to think about...... Freefall!)
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:16 am

I think if we fail to beat Watford on Saturday then the only thing we will be playing for is pride and trying not to beat Derby's lowest points record.

It's by no means certain that we'll achieve that.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:04 am

Like I said to my old man I’m still optimistic nothing gained nothing lost really.

Did we expect a draw against Man city? I expected to lose.

However I did expect a draw against Everton or a shock win.

So the next game is vital for me. Must win game I think we’ll do it this weekend.

UTV!!!!!
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:15 am

Dgrizzle7 wrote:Like I said to my old man I’m still optimistic nothing gained nothing lost really.

Did we expect a draw against Man city? I expected to lose.

However I did expect a draw against Everton or a shock win.

So the next game is vital for me. Must win game I think we’ll do it this weekend.

UTV!!!!!

True - if the last 2 results had been the other way around I wouldn't have felt so bad.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:29 am

Beat Watford and we've got 4 points from 3 games in which we'd have happily taken 4 points! Nothing has changed yet from last game IMO 

But Watford is a MUST WIN
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Relegated already - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:17 pm

I rarely say anything is a must win, cause the phrase is so over used it's mental, but I reckon Watford actually is a must win for us. I can see us being in a position in May where 3 points against Watford will be the difference between Premier League and Brentford.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:03 pm

Being realistic I can't see us beating anyone at the moment quite frankly, Watford included as we are dire! Other teams see it as an embarrassment to not beat us... even the Watford's and Swansea's of this World.

We have a laughable attacking threat, cullender of a defence and bog average midfield. Yes we lucked a draw against City but lets be honest it could and should have been at least 0-2.

We now have a situation where we are bottom, 10 defeats already which is disgraceful quite frankly, and now we are trying to adapt to a new managers style midway through the season which is problematic under any set of circumstances.

I just hope & pray the new manager is a magician as anything less and we're down.

By the time the transfer window opens we will surely be as good as relegated ..and even then do you honestly trust the incompetent leaders at this club to target the right players?..I find it staggering that we entrust our player hunting to statisticians who are analyzing data on players performance percentages FROM A DIFFERENT LEAGUE! It's akin to rating the performance level of a Go Kart, buying it and racing it in a Formula One race expecting it to duplicate the same ratio's!! Statisticians should be there as an accompaniment to the buying policy not dictating it...this is what happens else!! 🤦

The Utterer
The Utterer

Relegated already - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:58 pm

Fuck's sake. Even Sunderland picking up points. To be balanced about it, though, up to that point it wasn't too bad in terms of results this weekend but we really need this Sunderland victory malarky to be a flash in the pan.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:21 am

Sadly i can see Sunderland picking up a lot more points than our lot if they play like they did tonight..
The Utterer
The Utterer

Relegated already - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:15 am

The Utterer wrote:Sadly i can see Sunderland picking up a lot more points than our lot if they play like they did tonight..

They really threw themselves at everything, fought hard and managed to keep high pressure on Palace through out the game. Obviously they didn't deserve the 3 points, but who cares. They got it.

Seems like Big Sam already has gotten the right mentality in them.

They have some really tough matches coming up though. Lets hope they get massacred and their morale drops.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:43 pm

We're relegated. It's done. We're not coming back from this.

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:48 pm

Relegated with a pathetic whimper.
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:16 pm

Joppe84 wrote:We're relegated. It's done. We're not coming back from this.

No, you know we really aren't. We are still in the shit, obviously, but there are still plenty of points to play for and it's still possible. The ability is there - except in a couple of positions - and they showed a lot of fight. With better luck and less Clark/Richardson at the back and we can still escape.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:20 pm

ember wrote:

No, you know we really aren't. We are still in the shit, obviously, but there are still plenty of points to play for and it's still possible. The ability is there - except in a couple of positions - and they showed a lot of fight. With better luck and less Clark/Richardson at the back and we can still escape.

and where are the points coming from? Our 1st realistic winnable game in ages was today. And we lost.
we will be lucky not to "beat" Derbys 11 point record at this rate
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:38 pm

UnclePanda wrote:
ember wrote:

and where are the points coming from? Our 1st realistic winnable game in ages was today. And we lost.
we will be lucky not to "beat" Derbys 11 point record at this rate

Whilst not the whole story, luck was certainly against us today. It was no rollover, that's for sure.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:43 pm

That was not a game we deserved to lose and not a team that is nailed on to go down. The problem is a lack of continuity and to be fair quite a lot of bad luck all season! The front 6 needs to stay as it is for a few games unless we go 2 up front (Which I think we should do) because at least then we can see how they do.

And Richardson. Richardson needs to go. Far far away.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next