The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Relegation Thread

+23
The Utterer
Trotters
Dions_Bald_Head
VillaBill
achilles
féliré
Jae1411
NARLA24
FoxyAV
mefromhere
smetro
danclare82
KMitch
Synopsis
De Kuip
thegaffer6
Thinman
avfcjoe
Saunders82
Mooseman
ember
UnclePanda
Dazzle
27 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Relegation Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Relegation Thread

Post by mefromhere Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:39 pm

Traore Gil Ayew behind Gabby has some pace and creativity to it as well. It's not over yet
mefromhere
mefromhere

The Relegation Thread - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:13 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
mefromhere wrote:Don't want to be too positive but technically we're only 5 points behind Newcastle if we count us still having to play them and we beat them. If we can be within 2 of them by then it could effectively be a playoff

Be as positive as you like. I'm taking positives from seeing what Garde is doing against all odds, by which I mean you can see he's pissed off by the board, players and the referees. For the first time in ages it's us with the manager against the owners, and Garde very clearly isn't doing this for Lerner. Garde is learning about the players as he goes along and the team is looking a lot better, even though we're playing without any decent attacking players. Being positive, when we get Traore, Ayew, Gestede and Kozak back I think we'll look a lot better and I really hope Garde is already getting Sinclair training properly to play opposite Traore or Ayew.

Great post. How many weeks away is Traore's return?
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

The Relegation Thread - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:01 am

The Norwich game seems to be the first one I can recall that seemed to have an actual game plan. Up to then it just looked like the players all got together for a quick chat whilst getting their shinpads on and deciding that they'd just go out there for a bit of weekend fun and fitness and see what happens.

This game though almost looked MoN-esque (yes I know that was one dimensional football but that's one more than when we currently have) in that we would hit them hard and fast.

Now that's not always going to work but if opposition managers think that's what we might do, then they'll have their defence sat back just a little and that will give out poor three man midfield a bit more space to work in.

It's not exactly a masterclass in tactics but at least we might, just might, be giving other teams something to think about for once.
Trotters
Trotters

The Relegation Thread - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:56 pm

8 wins by the end of the season, when we have won 8 out of our last 50 league fixtures? yea theres a chance.. same chance of me being balls deep in Rachel Riley by the weekend…
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by tonyp Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:42 pm

Synopsis wrote:8 wins by the end of the season, when we have won 8 out of our last 50 league fixtures? yea theres a chance.. same chance of me being balls deep in Rachel Riley by the weekend…

You are in for a good weekend then !!

This squad is so shit they will probably survive just to spite us and then the board wont sell the flops and we can have another relegation fight next season!
tonyp
tonyp

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:16 pm

There is no way we will meet another team as bad as Norwich this season... we are f**ked! lol!
achilles
achilles

The Relegation Thread - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:41 am

What do we reckon the safety target is this season? Leicester were 5 points behind on 17 points i believe last season at the same stage which means it's 2 points higher currently this season and i actually think it may be quite high this season unfortunately for us.

I could see it being around 39 to 41 points
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:59 am

The Utterer wrote:What do we reckon the safety target is this season? Leicester were 5 points behind on 17 points i believe last season at the same stage which means it's 2 points higher currently this season and i actually think it may be quite high this season unfortunately for us.

I could see it being around 39 to 41 points

It's difficult to put numbers on it this season due to it being an odd season where the likes of Chelsea are near the bottom and Leicester are title favourites in February! The way I'm looking at it is to try and find 3 sides that i think are shite and equally as capable as we have proven of going 7-10 games almost without gaining a point. You can put Norwich in that bracket and also Sunderland, I'd love to see Defoe pick up an injury because they are truly shite without his strikes. Unfortunately i don't see anyone else aside from those two being poor enough for us to catch, possibly Swansea with an injury or two but not for me. The only other team I've seen that is truly shite is WBA, but I'm afraid i think they have a big enough points gap to stay above us. So whilst it's obviously possible to pull off a great escape i don't see it this season, left ourselves too far behind over Christmas with defeats to Norwich and Sunderland.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:11 am

I can see Sunderland escaping with Sam in charge, so I think it is Norwich and Swansea to join us.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:36 pm

Really not too sold on Sunderland staying up, big Sam or not. They are shit, should never have got out of jail against Liverpool Saturday. Had they lost that we could have climbed above them with a win. I think we will finish above Sunderland. Swansea do have a tricky next 3 fixtures, if they come out of those with maybe just a point then catching them might be more realistic if we can gather a couple wins from our next 3, or maybe even 4-5pts.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:19 pm

Too tricky to predict because, as we have seen, Lady Luck has been jabbing her boney old finger into our rear-ends for most of the season, undoing a some good work which might have seen us with a few more points then we currently have.

Maybe the law of percentages mean that we're due a few favours - like the ones that seem to keep helping Jolene's headers over the line.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4