The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm

+31
ember
Dgrizzle7
achilles
DelboyVilla
mefromhere
Trotters
FoxyAV
De Kuip
DaveAV1
UnclePanda
Terry Derry
banneruk
Cha Ching
avfc85
Con
Army villain
Dions_Bald_Head
Dazzle
thegaffer6
KMitch
Saunders82
big ming
VTID85
gdav
VillaBill
Nath11
EbeneezerGoode
Mooseman
villajk
Thinman
avfc forever
35 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Much of the same me thinks but you never know.

Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 I_vote_lcap13%Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]
Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 I_vote_lcap16%Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 5 ]
Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 I_vote_lcap34%Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 34% 
[ 11 ]
Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 I_vote_lcap31%Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 31% 
[ 10 ]
Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 I_vote_lcap6%Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 32

Poll closed

Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 Empty Re: Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm

Post by FoxyAV Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:44 pm

I haven't read any other comments so sorry if I'm repeating anything. We were set up to lose as quickly and efficiently as possible. That team was selected for experience, I'm amazed N'Zogbia wasn't in it. Clark is left sided, we were awful when Vlaar was out two or three seasons ago and had Clark and Baker in central defence (8-0 at Chelsea, for example). I hate it when he hugs people but hate it even more when players are played out of position, and I wonder if he was turned because he's used to playing on the left. Richardson plays out of position, Lescott just doesn't know where he is. Sanchez and Westwood just aren't a central partnership. Gabby has scored, from memory, zero goals in all matches and in pre-season, as pointed out on Sky, Gabby touched the ball eight times, twice from the centre spot. Grealish, Hutton and Sinclair (and Guzan if we can't get Steer back ASAP) were the only players who should have started that match. Ayew has just concreted his case for starting as the main striker, and we have to see if he can work with Gestede, there could be something there. What's up with Okore? He and Clark played well together last season and Okore is right sided. Even Crespo has shown he's actually a good call as a reserve. Here's where I think we should be:

Guzan
Hutton - Richards - Clark - Amavi
Veretout - Gueye
Gil - Grealish - Sinclair
Ayew

Sanchez is still for me a 60th/70th minute substitute enforcer who has energy, can break up opposition legs - I mean attacks - and start our own attacks. Westwood I still like but I'd much rather see Veretout given a decent run of games. Same with Gueye. Gil, Grealish and Sinclair know how to work the ball and Ayew just looks better every time he plays. I hope we see (or hear) something about Kozak, Senderos and Ilori, Bacuna is worth a run, Gestede is a good sub (hoofball is still something to play, albeit not every time the goalie or a defender gets the ball), we need to either play Traore or give him back and Gardner needs to play in our cup and U21 matches or go out on loan. I never ever want to see Richardson play ever again and Lescott and Gabby shouldn't be anywhere near the first team.

In a nutshell, out with the old and in with the new.

Ayew was my MOTM.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 Empty Re: Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm

Post by achilles Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:55 pm

FoxyAV wrote:I haven't read any other comments so sorry if I'm repeating anything. We were set up to lose as quickly and efficiently as possible. That team was selected for experience, I'm amazed N'Zogbia wasn't in it. Clark is left sided, we were awful when Vlaar was out two or three seasons ago and had Clark and Baker in central defence (8-0 at Chelsea, for example). I hate it when he hugs people but hate it even more when players are played out of position, and I wonder if he was turned because he's used to playing on the left. Richardson plays out of position, Lescott just doesn't know where he is. Sanchez and Westwood just aren't a central partnership. Gabby has scored, from memory, zero goals in all matches and in pre-season, as pointed out on Sky, Gabby touched the ball eight times, twice from the centre spot. Grealish, Hutton and Sinclair (and Guzan if we can't get Steer back ASAP) were the only players who should have started that match. Ayew has just concreted his case for starting as the main striker, and we have to see if he can work with Gestede, there could be something there. What's up with Okore? He and Clark played well together last season and Okore is right sided. Even Crespo has shown he's actually a good call as a reserve. Here's where I think we should be:

Guzan
Hutton - Richards - Clark - Amavi
        Veretout - Gueye
      Gil - Grealish - Sinclair
                  Ayew

Sanchez is still for me a 60th/70th minute substitute enforcer who has energy, can break up opposition legs - I mean attacks - and start our own attacks. Westwood I still like but I'd much rather see Veretout given a decent run of games. Same with Gueye. Gil, Grealish and Sinclair know how to work the ball and Ayew just looks better every time he plays. I hope we see (or hear) something about Kozak, Senderos and Ilori, Bacuna is worth a run, Gestede is a good sub (hoofball is still something to play, albeit not every time the goalie or a defender gets the ball), we need to either play Traore or give him back and Gardner needs to play in our cup and U21 matches or go out on loan. I never ever want to see Richardson play ever again and Lescott and Gabby shouldn't be anywhere near the first team.

In a nutshell, out with the old and in with the new.

Ayew was my MOTM.

Seconded! Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 3769219917
achilles
achilles

Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:09 am

Sinclair obviously had his "the new manager is watching so I'd better put in a shift" hat on. Fair play. The number of times he galloped down the wing to be met by the full back, looked for a pass and found no-one so kept a hold of the ball and waited....now two defenders on him and no one in support.....three opposition players now and still no one near him.....wait, yes there is....it's Richardson about to overlap him, get to the byline and cross to Gestede/Jestede.....any second now Richardson will make the run.....wait for it....RUN YOU USELESS PUSSYHOLE!

I'll go as far as saying that had Amavi played, we might well have pinched an undeserved, spawny draw.

KMac has lost any respect I had for him for starting with that team. Gabby Fucking Agbonlahor; just what the fuck does he bring to any team? Jesus is weeping.

Me and the old man counted to see if we could actually string three passes together in the 2nd half. It took a while but we did it twice I think. Plus a run of 4 passes and one ole ole ole of 5.

FIVE! That's a professional football team playing in the "best league in the world" earning the sum total of about 15 million quid a year and they can't do the absolute basics of football.

Throw ins! I almost puked in my mouth with some of our efforts there.

If Remi doesn't have his lawyer looking over that contract for a get-out clause then he clearly lacks any ambition.

Run, Remi, Run.
Trotters
Trotters

Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:47 am

Trotters wrote:Sinclair obviously had his "the new manager is watching so I'd better put in a shift" hat on. Fair play. The number of times he galloped down the wing to be met by the full back, looked for a pass and found no-one so kept a hold of the ball and waited....now two defenders on him and no one in support.....three opposition players now and still no one near him.....wait, yes there is....it's Richardson about to overlap him, get to the byline and cross to Gestede/Jestede.....any second now Richardson will make the run.....wait for it....RUN YOU USELESS PUSSYHOLE!

I'll go as far as saying that had Amavi played, we might well have pinched an undeserved, spawny draw.

KMac has lost any respect I had for him for starting with that team. Gabby Fucking Agbonlahor; just what the fuck does he bring to any team? Jesus is weeping.

Me and the old man counted to see if we could actually string three passes together in the 2nd half. It took a while but we did it twice I think. Plus a run of 4 passes and one ole ole ole of 5.

FIVE! That's a professional football team playing in the "best league in the world" earning the sum total of about 15 million quid a year and they can't do the absolute basics of football.

Throw ins! I almost puked in my mouth with some of our efforts there.

If Remi doesn't have his lawyer looking over that contract for a get-out clause then he clearly lacks any ambition.

Run, Remi, Run.

Completely agree Trots.

Sherwood had lost it in his final games and had no clue who to play so he turned to the old guard who are useless but at least he knew they were useless.

Kmacbitter took it one step further and what does he care he was gone as soon as Garde got appointed so he thought he would take his revenge and make Garde live that bit harder.

Sinclair was absolutely fucked with 10 to go but because KMAc had started with the wrong team he needed to use his subs getting the side half right (also injury to Westy didn't help but he shouldn't have been on the pitch anyway).
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:54 am

The bench would have beaten the starting 11 yesterday. Add Richards, Okore, Adama and Gardner and its definitely a better eleven. How professional coaches can't see that is beyond me
mefromhere
mefromhere

Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:12 am

I thought Sanchez wasn't too bad yesterday, he certainly put a graft in unlike some we could mention. He was absolutely finished physically by the last 10-15min though. I think if he wasn't under so much pressure his performances might be a bit more consistent.
Gabby, well we all want to buy him a one way ticket to Syria at the moment so no need to talk about him
Lescott without Richards covering his arse is a disaster waiting to happen. Unfortunately we never seem to have to wait long.
Clark… my dislike for him runs deeper than the grand canyon so I'm not the most unbiased person here, but yea… can't we ask him to do a BASE jump without a parachute please?
Westwood, can we reassign him to a burger van or something on match days..
The new boss has his work cut out for him thats for sure!
Synopsis
Synopsis

Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:49 am

Everything has been covered for me onwards and upwards with Remi Garde.

UTV
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:27 am

Well that was a thoroughly enjoyable 0 minutes in between us scoring and them scoring the 3rd. Only just woke up so I'll be brief

Clark was woeful IMO 
Hutton decent
Richardson ok but not good enough to start over Amavi
Lescott had his best game for us IMO
Sanchez played well
Bacuna on for Westy was retarded. Left Sanchez on his own, Veretout was the man for that change 
Sinclair played well
Gil instantly changed the game for us with his vision and quick thinking
Gestede should've scored
Ayew MOTM for me (did his goal take a deflection? Couldn't tell where I was sitting)
Gabby... Don't think I need to add anything here
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:35 am

Clark was awful, but I honestly think there's an alright CB there if you play him on the left side. He was great last year. He just needs to be partnered with Richards and stick to the left.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:41 am

Joppe84 wrote:Each to their own. I think he's shite.

Any mediocre striker given similar pitch time would score now and then.

errr Gabby????

I think rudy is our top scorer so far this season in the league. So let's put him on the bench! Genius!!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:54 am

I’m sorry if we’re relying on Rudy I’m concerned.

From what I’ve seen his great at attacking balls in the air, but without the quality coming in his an empty shirt. I’ve seen him hold the ball up on a few occasions which I could count on my hands. Fact is Gabby/Ayew holds the ball up allot better that he does and brings people in. I’m not convinced his Premiership quality to be unable to hold people off at this level for others to get involved is shocking.

For the money spent on him I expected allot more.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:55 am

Villa_Dan wrote:Well that was a thoroughly enjoyable 0 minutes in between us scoring and them scoring the 3rd. Only just woke up so I'll be brief

Clark was woeful IMO 
Hutton decent
Sanchez played well
Bacuna on for Westy was retarded. Left Sanchez on his own, Veretout was the man for that change 
Sinclair played well
Gestede should've scored
Ayew MOTM for me (did his goal take a deflection? Couldn't tell where I was sitting)

Weren't impressed with Grealish then (did you notice him)? lol!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:56 am

KMac's team selection was a complete "Fuck you Villa fans" selection. Garde's face up there with Fox said it all for me. He was just appalled by the whole team. Now, i fully expect things to change dramatically from here on.
No way will Garde stand for such an inept team performance again. Gabby will be fucked of into the under 9's development squad no doubt. I would not pay that cock 25 quid a week. For him to be club captain says all that is wrong with the club. Oh, the fucking FA can piss off as well. Micah Richards finds out he is to miss the game as he arrives at the ground!!!!! What the fuck ? Would that happen to any other club ? Would it fuck. Disgrace.
On a lighter note, it was good to meet up with Gordon Cowans Left foot yesterday down my bar. He has bought a place over here recently. Great fella and we will be catching up next time he is over.
Garde, get to work son and sort this shite out. I am sure you will do it. UTV.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:57 am

achilles wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:Well that was a thoroughly enjoyable 0 minutes in between us scoring and them scoring the 3rd. Only just woke up so I'll be brief

Clark was woeful IMO 
Hutton decent
Sanchez played well
Sinclair played well
Gestede should've scored

Grealish needs to stop thinking he is a fucking young George Best, cause he aint.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:00 pm

An as much as I like Geralish, he needs to learn from Gil once he gets a consistent run in the side still got alot to learn.

Gil could be a huge player for us given the opportunity
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:06 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Each to their own. I think he's shite.

Any mediocre striker given similar pitch time would score now and then.

errr Gabby????

I think rudy is our top scorer so far this season in the league. So let's put him on the bench! Genius!!

Gabby isn't mediocre, he's dogshit. So your point is mute. Razz

Gestede is utter shite for several reasons. Number one being that we need a striker that's good with off ball movement. We got players that thrive on this, like Grealish, Gil and any of the French blokes. Just look at Ayew how he got his goal and shots off yesterday. That was a class above what Gestede could do.

Gestede is unfortunately a total one trick pony. Bring him on when we need to defend a lead. Fine. Bring him on when we got to hoof balls in the last 5 minutes. Fine. Other then that play actual footballers with talent.

The fact that Rudy is our top scorer is just telling considering we're the worst team in the league. Let someone else play striker and we might actually climb the table. Preferably Kozak and Ayew.

Fact is that we need to develop some sort of counterattacking game or we're relegated. Gestede does not fit into this at all. We should simply never have bought him. Not a premier league striker.

Only positive about having him is that we got a decent championship striker for next season.

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:17 pm

NARLA24 wrote:Grealish needs to stop thinking he is a fucking young George Best, cause he aint.

Laughing You sure about that? Didn't you see the pictures from the off season? Drink
ember
ember

Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:19 pm

ember wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:Grealish needs to stop thinking he is a fucking young George Best, cause he aint.

Laughing You sure about that? Didn't you see the pictures from the off season? Drink
Point taken mate lol!
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:02 pm

I have to admit I'm with Joppe on Gestede. They guy has the first touch of a breeze block, the ball just bounces off him in a random direction unless you put it on his forehead for him. He can be an asset but his usefulness is severely situational
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by féliré Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:24 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
achilles wrote:

Clark was woeful IMO 
Hutton decent
Sanchez played well
Sinclair played well
Gestede should've scored

Grealish needs to stop thinking he is a fucking young George Best, cause he aint.
When the collective level of the team is awful like yeestrday, I don't think it's really important to judge players individually and conclude on the players who are good or not. In my opinion, only Westwood until his injury and Sanchez were good. And when the substitutes came in, it was too late...
Like I said before, the problem is collective first, not individual.

On Gestede, I think is too boorish technically to became an important player. Good positioning, good head game (i don't know if it's the right in english...) but when he has to play with his feet, he scares me...
féliré
féliré

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:26 pm

Synopsis wrote:I have to admit I'm with Joppe on Gestede. They guy has the first touch of a breeze block, the ball just bounces off him in a random direction unless you put it on his forehead for him. He can be an asset but his usefulness is severely situational

Is it that hard to admit? I do speak some sense from time to time, all though it's rarer by the day Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 498107619

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:27 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
Synopsis wrote:I have to admit I'm with Joppe on Gestede. They guy has the first touch of a breeze block, the ball just bounces off him in a random direction unless you put it on his forehead for him. He can be an asset but his usefulness is severely situational

Is it that hard to admit? I do speak some sense from time to time, all though it's rarer by the day Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 498107619
Tottenham v Aston Villa Monday 2nd November 2015 K.O 8pm - Page 6 2900886825 Over the head
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:55 pm

Might be the fact that I'm foreign and stuff, but I don't even get what I missed lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:24 pm

achilles wrote:

Clark was woeful IMO 
Hutton decent
Sanchez played well
Sinclair played well
Gestede should've scored

It was quite the long day and night before and after the game, when I wrote that post I genuinely forgot he'd been on the pitch. 

Grealish needs benching and Gil needs starting
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6