The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Southampton - Aston Villa, Wednesday 28th October, League Cup

+22
DVilla
De Kuip
Cha Ching
Fpuppys
thegaffer6
danclare82
Con
The Utterer
NARLA24
jeffvilla
achilles
Jae1411
VillaBill
avfc forever
ViewFromT2
Thinman
Dgrizzle7
bruka
Villa_Dan
Trotters
DelboyVilla
FoxyAV
26 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Southampton - Aston Villa, Wednesday 28th October, League Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Southampton - Aston Villa, Wednesday 28th October, League Cup

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:09 pm

I swear to god. EVERY SINGLE TIME Hutton runs and crosses the ball, we have NOBODY attacking the first post. He's done this for about 24 months now. MAYBE just FUCKING MAYBE they can have the brains to realize this soon.

Back to top Go down

Southampton - Aston Villa, Wednesday 28th October, League Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Southampton - Aston Villa, Wednesday 28th October, League Cup

Post by thegaffer6 Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:19 pm

2-0 goodnight, seven straight defeats
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Southampton - Aston Villa, Wednesday 28th October, League Cup - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:19 pm

I think we have to accept the fact that we are a terrible terrible team. They are miles better than us, and then some. We have no leaders, no quality, no strikers that can finish. Nothing. Relegated 100%.

I can't remember the last time I saw us play good football. Suspect it was the semi final last year, but can't really remember it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:19 pm

I picked up on that a long time ago, too. Our players seem to wait to see where the ball goes (by which time it's too late to react or a defender is there first) rather than taking a gamble and making a run.

But that's something that can (and should) be taught so just what the fuck is going on in training?
Trotters
Trotters

Southampton - Aston Villa, Wednesday 28th October, League Cup - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:24 pm

Dreadful just dreadful.

The only crumb of comfort is that it was a shirt starting line up.

I still do not know why everyone can pick a better team than the soppy fuckers whose job it actually is.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Southampton - Aston Villa, Wednesday 28th October, League Cup - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:27 pm

I'm going to say that KMac has realised that our focus needs to be on the league. Fuck the cups now. Shame it only looked like Crespo had a run....would liked to have seen a few other players who are pushing for the first team.

It is what it is. Let's see what happens in the next few days and how w go against Spuds.
Trotters
Trotters

Southampton - Aston Villa, Wednesday 28th October, League Cup - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:28 pm

let's hope the instructions from Randy were to throw the cup and focus on the league because that line-up was throwing the cup.

We need more Vertout, Okore, Gardner and Traore and less Agbonlahor, Westwood, Lescott, and Sanchez.
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:31 pm

Yeah. I don't think KMac had that much influence on who started todays match. I'm pretty sure he's been informed to rest the most important league players. Whether that's from higher up or the next manager I have no idea. But even KMac enjoys winning. I'm certain he would have started our best players if he had the choice. Especially after his losses the last time he was interim manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:32 pm

Trotters wrote:I'm going to say that KMac has realised that our focus needs to be on the league. Fuck the cups now. Shame it only looked like Crespo had a run....would liked to have seen a few other players who are pushing for the first team.

It is what it is. Let's see what happens in the next few days and how w go against Spuds.

I think we al know how it's going to go against Spuds.
Thinman
Thinman

Southampton - Aston Villa, Wednesday 28th October, League Cup - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:36 pm

That goal from Yoshida, we didn't have anyone on the pitch at the time who could have done that. I like to think Grealish could, but he needs to go for goal himself more often.

I don't really know what to make of it all. It looks like we were just treading water. No point whatsoever starting Gestede without getting balls in the air that get to him. We had a few chances but no one to finish them properly.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Southampton - Aston Villa, Wednesday 28th October, League Cup - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:41 pm

Yet another game we lose by 1 goal
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:43 pm

De Kuip wrote:Yet another game we lose  by 1 goal

I think they could have won by 5 if they wanted to. The goals they took were brilliant. They let us play for a while here and there, but they knew they could outclass us at any moment, and they did when the chose too.

Back to top Go down

Post by DVilla Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:47 pm

Who picks two centre backs, four full backs, two defensive midfielders and two strikers and expects to win a game. If this is an example of Mcdonalds team selection then there is a clear reason why he isn't a manager.

The only way we are staying up this year is if RL gets his checkbook out and spends £50-60m in January. Only Amavi looked Premier League quality out of the starting lineup tonight.

Crespo and Clark: awful
Richardson and Hutton: worse
Sanchez: liability
Westwood: invisible
Gestede: championship
Gabby: just leave...
Bacuna: ?
DVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:50 pm

Another thing that annoyed me, last minute meaningless penalty...why not let Ayew take it after he won it to keep his confidence going? I know Sinclair is our penalty taker for some reason but he contributes nowt other than tap-ins regardless of confidence.
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:52 pm

Thought Crespo was alright

Back to top Go down

Post by DVilla Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:18 pm

Crespo got skinned completely for the second goal.

Why not play Ayew up front? We've spent £8.5m on a striker to play him on the wing every match.
DVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:00 pm

By all accounts it wasn't a terrible performance tonight and having Amavi and Bacuna in midfield wasn't really defensive because they both attack well.

A lack of goals is critical though and I'm beginning to think Kozak has accidentally been killed at Bodymoor heath and it's being covered up. Has anybody seen him lately? Him and Ayew would be a great partnership
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:16 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Thought Crespo was alright
Very Happy

I'd play him left back against Spurs instead of Richardson and leave Amavi further forward.
Richards Gana Ayew and Kozak to start also and maybe Veretout.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:28 pm

DVilla wrote:Who picks two centre backs, four full backs, two defensive midfielders and two strikers and expects to win a game. If this is an example of Mcdonalds team selection then there is a clear reason why he isn't a manager.

The only way we are staying up this year is if RL gets his checkbook out and spends £50-60m in January. Only Amavi looked Premier League quality out of the starting lineup tonight.

With 25 players to choose from - but only 11 first team places, you could ridicule the selection every week. Is there a winning formula from the 25 we have ? it eluded sherwood, kmac didn't find it tonight, will a new geezer who doesn't know the players stumble upon it quickly enough.....
smetro
smetro

Southampton - Aston Villa, Wednesday 28th October, League Cup - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:16 am

Bloody disappointing goals to concede, especially the second one.

There were positives though. We were better than Southampton in the first half, and the team (in the first half at least) did actually seem to play better than they have for a while under Sherwood, but too many good chances were squandered.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34589610

Amazingly, if you look at the BBC's stats (which are usually heavily against us, I swear they count far too few shots on target for us in most games that I watch) we had 7 shots on target to Southampton's 3! But, yet again, Villa, it's a case of shoulda, woulda, coulda, DIDN'T!

Also, the omission of Kozak continues to baffle and confuse me.
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawlie Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:12 am

smetro wrote:

With 25 players to choose from - but only 11 first team places, you could ridicule the selection every week. Is there a winning formula from the 25 we have ? it eluded sherwood, kmac didn't find it tonight, will a new geezer who doesn't know the players stumble upon it quickly enough.....

When the selections are ridiculous, it easy to ridicule. When the selections make absolutely no sense, then they become nonsensical. Picking Gabby week in week out, playing Gestede and not playing to his (one, very limited) strength, starting with such a defensive team against Stoke that even McLeish would have questioned it.

K Mac looks like he's going down this road with 4 full backs and 2 DMs tonight. Sure, Bacuna and Amavi can pick out a cross, but Bacuna has done the sum total of jack shit all season and Amavi looked somewhat lost.

I think it's pretty easy in all honesty... Amavi, Clark, Richards, Gana, Veretout, Grealish and Gil need to be on the pitch. Kozak needs a chance. Ayew needs a chance. Traore needs a chance. Gestede needs to be dropped. Westwood or Sanchez on the bench. Gabby needs a taxi away from VP along with Lescott.

And sure, that team might not get us out the shite... but, politics aside, I doubt many people would disagree with a team like that.
Rawlie
Rawlie

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:08 am

It is very strange that the majority of supporters know what players are required to play and in their proper positions but the people who get paid vast amounts can't see it, it totally baffles me!
achilles
achilles

Southampton - Aston Villa, Wednesday 28th October, League Cup - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:22 am

achilles wrote:It is very strange that the majority of supporters know what players are required to play and in their proper positions but the people who get paid vast amounts can't see it, it totally baffles me!

I'm pretty sure that I can't claim to be part of that majority. I can't think of a side from our current squad that could win a game of football.

Our situation is very serious. We shouldn't give up hoping and obviously we should get behind the new manager but my advice to all fans is, prepare for the unthinkable.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:29 pm

Thinman wrote:
achilles wrote:It is very strange that the majority of supporters know what players are required to play and in their proper positions but the people who get paid vast amounts can't see it, it totally baffles me!

I'm pretty sure that I can't claim to be part of that majority. I can't think of a side from our current squad that could win a game of football.

Our situation is very serious. We shouldn't give up hoping and obviously we should get behind the new manager but my advice to all fans is, prepare for the unthinkable.

Isn't that a reflection of just how bad Villa's new recruitment policy is, involving Director of recruitment Paddy Reilly and sporting director Hendrik Almstadt who are both amateurs at this sort of thing?

You may be right and if that is so, the whole lot of them should be sacked, not just the manager every time!
achilles
achilles

Southampton - Aston Villa, Wednesday 28th October, League Cup - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:34 pm

smetro wrote:
DVilla wrote:Who picks two centre backs, four full backs, two defensive midfielders and two strikers and expects to win a game. If this is an example of Mcdonalds team selection then there is a clear reason why he isn't a manager.

Well apart from Clarke, I'd be happy with none of the players mentioned in the list above starting. not saying it'd be a winning formula, but at least I wouldn't go WTF every time I see our starting line up.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next