The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Collymore's Rant....!

+8
Andyh
avfc forever
Terry Derry
DaveAV1
EbeneezerGoode
Trotters
bruka
ViewFromT2
12 posters

Go down

Collymore's Rant....! Empty Collymore's Rant....!

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:57 pm

How many have seen this today? Apparently after taking a swipe at the club's hierarchy last night, they've put a stop to his voluntary column in the match day program!!!...Strikes me as a bit petty from the club. Here is a cut and past from Daily Star:

TalkSPORT broadcaster Collymore has written a column in the club’s matchday programme free of charge for the last six years.
But he’s hit out bitterly on Twitter and laid into Villa’s power brokers claiming the club has become a laughing stock.
He used his social media account to call for the heads of current owner Randy Lerner, chief executive Tom Fox and the club’s technical staff.
Collymore urged his 741,000 Twitter followers to read a link where he vented his spleen on what he describes as six years of “complete and utter dross” on the pitch.

Collymore hit out, saying: “After six years of doing an official Aston Villa programme column, today I've been notified by the club that they no longer wish me to continue due to my support of Tim Sherwood and fierce criticism of the ownership and club structure.

“The club felt in essence that it would be inappropriate for me to write positively in a column whilst being critical on air or in a newspaper.

“The column I have written for six years was at no charge to Aston Villa, but the club kindly gave me four or five tickets a season for games. I've asked for two which the club kindly have given for the Swansea game.”

Collymore added: “I am firstly a broadcaster, and a broadcaster who treats every club in the country the same. So if ownership is letting fans down, as proven last night on perhaps the only football show in the country which actually addresses issues rather than ignore them or pretend they don't exist, we debate them and criticise or praise where necessary.

“This has and always must be my objective as a broadcaster, to treat Aston Villa the same as any club. I do and I will.

“On the watch of Mr Lerner, and latterly(sic) Tom Fox as Chief Executive, and Paul Faulkner before him, the club I have supported since childhood have become the laughing stock of the Premier League. This, England’s fourth most successful football club.”

Collymore went on: “So do I pretend on sir (sic) everything is great? Or do I broadcast justifiable criticism alongside one of the best in the business, Mark Saggers, echoing the concerns of a huge fanbase, as they come to terms with a sixth year of complete and utter dross on the pitch, and ineptitude of the highest order off it?

“I met Tom Fox in the summer and said to his face that I wanted to do anything, anything to help my club moving forward. Get on a plane, train, in a car, watch players, report back, anything to help my club.

"A smile , a coffee and a patronising 'we'll call you' came and went. At the same time Aston Villa were employing a marketing man, that's a marketing man as Director of Football.

“And we wonder why we are in the mess we are in. Industry professionals ignored when offering help, a man who can put a glossy Arsenal pitch together made Director of Football at my club.”

Collymore then added: “The line is drawn now for me. It took an embarrassed Rob Bishop, programme editor and friend for over 18 years to tell me over the phone that my column had ended "for now", but in reality for good.

“I believe this treatment is symptomatic of how Villa fans generally are treated by the current owner , with disdain.

“I will now join fan groups and individuals actively looking to other potential owners to come in swiftly and hasten change at Aston Villa Football Club.

“Mr Lerner, Tom Fox, the current Director of Football and technical staff are not fit for purpose. They all should go, now.

“As for Tim Sherwood, he gets my unequivocal support and should get the same from every Villa fan. He really could have had no idea what mess he was coming into or some of the major decisions that he would have no hand in. An incredibly tough job.

“I'll walk into Villa Park soon with chest puffed out as a fan or broadcaster. It's my club and I was here before this current ownership, firstly in the Doug Ellis stand aged six, then on the pitch aged 27, then in the broadcast booth aged 35. I'm going nowhere.

“Our great club will be back, but only with new ownership. So please Mr Lerner, instead of petty sackings of columnists who tell the truth about our club, please sell up and go.”

Aston Villa declined to comment when contacted by Starsport.

Pretty hard to argue with that, even though he is generally a cock of the highest order!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Collymore's Rant....! 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Collymore's Rant....! Empty Re: Collymore's Rant....!

Post by bruka Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:05 pm

Shhh don't post things like that, the club will soon ban us all from attending matches ... ah wait, carry on.
bruka

Collymore's Rant....! 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:07 pm

Imagine if we were like Liverpool fans!

This club really is in a shit state and cannot handle criticism, cannot learn from mistakes, has no vision and is now highlighting all of this by dumping Collymore.

I don't agree for one second that Sherwood isn't to blame to a massive degree for the mountain we have to climb to get ourselves out of trouble but the core issues are certainly behind the scenes.

Online media and forums like this will be running wild now. Whether or not you agree with what he says, it's just more negative light on a club that's bumbling from one disaster to the next.

What a joke.

Trotters
Trotters

Collymore's Rant....! 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:10 pm

The official Facebook page is already filling up with comments about Collymore, oops think they've dropped a clanger here.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:15 pm

Pretty sure he is a Wolves fan actually...or certainly was.
Years ago somebody posted a paragraph from his book where he slated Villa...never been able to find it since....shame, as I have long dreamt about tweeting that to him!!

However, in this instance, I make him right!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:35 pm

Like him or loathe him spot on from Stan there. Apart from the bit about our beloved manager Tim.

Last edited by EbeneezerGoode on Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:38 pm

Right about Lerner and co. Wrong about Sherwood. Wasn't he calling for him to be sacked yesterday, now offering his backing. His words would carry more weight if they weren't just after his sacking, had an element of consistency and not spoken by a man who has a long history of talking bollocks.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:39 pm

Good to see someone getting on Lerner's case. The bloke is a joke of an owner. His 'board' includes that ridiculous General who has been wheEled out again to spout more bullshit.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:04 pm

Spot on Stan.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:40 pm

Hold on a sec!!
I don't mind Stan, but he needs to decide which side if the fence he is on.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/19/stan-collymore-suggests-problem-with-aston-villa-sticking-by-tim/
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:15 pm

Andyh wrote:Hold on a sec!!
I don't mind Stan, but he needs to decide which side if the fence he is on.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/19/stan-collymore-suggests-problem-with-aston-villa-sticking-by-tim/

Classic Collymore!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:19 pm

bruka wrote:Shhh don't post things like that, the club will soon ban us all from attending matches ... ah wait, carry on.

That made me laugh a lot more than it should Collymore's Rant....! 498107619

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:21 pm

Nice one Mr Collymore. Very Happy
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:15 am

Have to say it's pretty much as i see it too! The club will not move forward whilst the man at the top is still here basically sitting on his hands until the day he finally sells. Lerner is no different to a property tycoon who has bought a property and is sitting on it waiting for the right time to sell and meantime refuses to invest any money into the house past painting the walls in a neutral colour to assist the sale.

The Villa team is exactly the same...Neutralised awaiting a sale with a manager sat there in an impossible position just like the guy before him.

I actually do feel for Tim Sherwood as he came in & after keeping us up had all the clubs best players and importantly the entire spine of his team sold to the highest bidder along with high wage earners. He then had by all accounts only a bit part in many of the signings who unsurprisingly came in on lower wages and zero experience of the Worlds toughest league!

Surely it was madness to expect anything other than the embarrassment we are yet again having to endure. I am disgusted with the club & Lerner in particular.

I have to now console my 8 year old daughter, who proudly followed in her Dad's footsteps and supports the Villa, every week as she trundles back in from school having been ridiculed and taken the mick out of by plastic Liverpool and Chelsea fans after yet another pathetic display and inevitable loss.

I never thought i would say this but i truly wish she had picked another team to follow as this will not get any better until there has been a complete change at the top.

Collymore is bang on ...Aston Villa FC has now become an absolute laughing stock.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Collymore's Rant....! 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:30 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:Pretty sure he is a Wolves fan actually...or certainly was.
Years ago somebody posted a paragraph from his book where he slated Villa...never been able to find it since....shame, as I have long dreamt about tweeting that to him!!

Is this the droid you're looking for...

Collymore wrote:'In Liverpool, the supporters had been knowledgable, optimistic, cheeky and passionate,' he wrote in one controversial passage.

'In the Midlands, it's the Wolves and West Brom fans who are the heart of the Black Country support and Birmingham fans dominate the city itself.

'But at Villa, one week you can get 20,000 turning up to watch and the next week you can get 48,000.

'They are very fickle. Most of the new supporters who jumped on the bandwagon because I was arriving were Range Rover drivers from Worcestershire who brought the kids.

'They didn't have a clue about football. They were the ancestors of Roy Keane's prawn sandwich brigade.'
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:33 am

Terry Derry wrote:Good to see someone getting on Lerner's case. The bloke is a joke of an owner. His 'board' includes that ridiculous General who has been wheEled out again to spout more bullshit.

It's good to see somebody higher profile have a go at Lerner, it's well overdue. The Lerner era has been atrocious and, worryingly, it hasn't reached its finale yet. However, there's a bit of "me, me , me" in this collymore statement and conflicting words regarding Sherwood. I can, however, happily overlook these contradictions and let a sigh of relief that someone is finally letting rip at a truly disastrous owner.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:55 pm

Trotters wrote:

Collymore wrote:'In Liverpool, the supporters had been knowledgable, optimistic, cheeky and passionate,' he wrote in one controversial passage.

'In the Midlands, it's the Wolves and West Brom fans who are the heart of the Black Country support and Birmingham fans dominate the city itself.

'But at Villa, one week you can get 20,000 turning up to watch and the next week you can get 48,000.

'They are very fickle. Most of the new supporters who jumped on the bandwagon because I was arriving were Range Rover drivers from Worcestershire who brought the kids.

'They didn't have a clue about football. They were the ancestors of Roy Keane's prawn sandwich brigade.'

Thanks mate...think that was it yeah. the git!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:59 pm

Trotters wrote:

Is this from his book mate?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:46 pm

Sorry, Stan, but to say Sherwood isn't at all to blame for only getting 4 points this season is complete bullshit. On paper we have a solid squad, but Sherwood's tactical blunders have directly contributed to us losing points in most of our losses. Bringing in an unmotivated Adebayor isn't going to solve our problems, as long as Sherwood is still in charge.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:14 am

Correct. Stan has jumped on the Sherwood bandwagon as a stick to beat Lerner with. Fact is, they're all at fault to some degree but that doesn't help Collymore's case.

T2...apparently, yeah. I ain't read it. I just googled and found that quote a few pages back.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:52 am

I notice the Adeybayor rumours have sprung up again in the last few days. I reckon Timmy is trying to get his mate a contract sorted sharpish before he gets the bulet himself. Why else would there be a rush, he can't play until January and nobody else is in a hurry to add him to their squad. Sherwood is a total crook.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down