The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015

+17
Con
KMitch
FoxyAV
avfcjay
UnclePanda
EbeneezerGoode
avfc85
VillaBill
Terry Derry
mefromhere
Thinman
avfc forever
Villa_Dan
DomAVFC
ember
Trotters
NARLA24
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Home win , away win or draw ?

Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap61%Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 61% 
[ 11 ]
Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap22%Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 22% 
[ 4 ]
Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap17%Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015

Post by Cha Ching Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:13 pm

FoxyAV wrote:Incidentally please don't get me wrong, I like Sanchez. I just think Westwood and Gueye worked well together and I think we tire too easily - especially Sanchez - which is where we need Sanchez on for 30 minutes with a huge presence in midfield to break up attacks. If you're playing Sanchez and Westwood there doesn't appear to be anyone else able to come on in defensive midfield (unless Okore, but I'd rather it were Sanchez).

Based on the evidence from the past few weeks, we are in big trouble when Westwood is the answer we are looking for. I'm not disagreeing, just pointing out the problems we have. I'd like to see Veretout tried with Gueye just to mix it up for a bit.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015

Post by VTID85 Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:17 pm

A clause should be added into Westwood's contract that fines him everytime he takes a shot, whether in open play or from a set piece. Then maybe he will learn, spare himself and everyone else the embarassment of seeing him waste every opportunity.
VTID85

Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:23 pm

Cha Ching wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:Incidentally please don't get me wrong, I like Sanchez. I just think Westwood and Gueye worked well together and I think we tire too easily - especially Sanchez - which is where we need Sanchez on for 30 minutes with a huge presence in midfield to break up attacks. If you're playing Sanchez and Westwood there doesn't appear to be anyone else able to come on in defensive midfield (unless Okore, but I'd rather it were Sanchez).

Based on the evidence from the past few weeks, we are in big trouble when Westwood is the answer we are looking for. I'm not disagreeing, just pointing out the problems we have. I'd like to see Veretout tried with Gueye just to mix it up for a bit.

I agree about Vertout, I'd like to see him start, I really would. Westwood and Gueye looked really good together. Sanchez and Westwood play in the same position but offer different things, Sanchez is more a tackling DM while Westwood is better at distributing the ball forward. Hence my feeling we should start with Westwood in attacking mode but then switch to Sanchez in the second half when we are either protecting a lead, going for a clean sheet or preventing the opposition putting the game out of reach.

We really are missing Gueye though.

Ayew in cup matches until he shows what he can do. Kozak in the league until he proves he's worse than anyone else.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Aston Villa v West Brom Saturday 20th September 2015 - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:55 pm

Piss poor again. The honeymoon periOd is over for Sherwood.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:08 pm

EbeneezerGoode wrote:Actual team:

Guzan, Hutton, Richards, Lescott, Amavi, Sanchez, Gil, Westwood, Grealish, Gabby, Sinclair.

Time for PDC to stop listening to the voices in his head?

Over the head Over the head Over the head Over the head
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:51 pm

Ok, just watched it on MOTD, ignoring Kozak for now I still think Gestede should have started over Gabby and the free kicks should have been in the mould of the Gil one to Grealish which Jack miscued. Guzan was unlucky with the goal, he made a few bread and butter saves. I think Gil MOTM for me.

There are decisions that go against us, there's a lack of confidence, there are things the manager can't change. Tactics, starting 11 and substiutions (excluding injuries) are all down to the manager.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:57 pm

a goal scoring threat would help.

I would build the team around Kozak as our most able forward unless he has plans for Adama as some kind of Walcott.

Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:20 am

Sanchez & Westwood should NEVER start in the same side!

As Terry Derry stated, honeymoon is over for Sherwood, Albion definitely deserved the 3pts yesterday, they were far better than us in every department, they had a shape, a purpose, a plan & they executed it perfectly, Villa looked like a bunch of strangers, I know we have signed a lot of players over the summer, but only three of those started!

When Guzan was in possession, the Albion pushed onto our back 4 forcing Guzan to kick long, & Gabby will never win anything in the air, Sherwood was out thought yesterday, big time!

We only played in around the corner once for Gabby to turn the centre half and get their big donkeys running towards their own goal, we played everything else in front of them, anyone of you guys that didn't see the whole game, don't be fooled, yesterdays performance was awful, only Guzan kept it from being a 0-4!

I haven't seen Adama play yet, I hope he is as good as people say, because its going to be a long winter on the evidence of yesterday!

Where were the fans as well, pi55 poor attendance for a local derby?
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:50 am

tFucking disappointed with that result is an understatement. I went into the game expecting at least a point from a limited Albion side. 

The biggest worry for me is that we look like having gone from a 2 man team (Delph, Tekkers) to another team which only performs when at least 1 of 2 players are in it (Gueye, Traore). The rest need to get the fuck up to speed sharpish. 

Though I still think Veretout will end up our best midfielder, start him on Tuesday!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:30 pm

Delph has been replaced so I'm not worried there, whereas Benteke has not and it has certainly shown so far.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:00 am

VillaBill - Absolutely spot on!

I am very worried by the amount of fans coming out with "we missed Adama"...how the hell can we miss a player that has strated one game, against a league one side?

No doubt he has the potential to be a massive player for us.....but far more pressing is the fact that the manager has no idea what his best side is, or how to approach a game at villa park.

He said all week in pre-match interviews that he knew how albion would play, and yet he still went with 2 deep lying midfielders.
Once they got in front and then got 9 behind the ball....why didn't he change it?

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3