The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


Gabby Agbonlahor

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by ViewFromT2 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:50 am

@KMitch wrote:Also, how to you explain why managers continued to praise and select Heskey throughout his career?  He was one of the worst players I've ever seen in a Villa shirt, yet 3 managers in a row, continually penciled him in one of the first names on the team sheet.  Where is the conspiracy theory there?

I actually think Heskey was a very intelligent player. He was never an out and out goalscorer, but justified his selection with his hold up play and ability to bring players into the game. Gabby doesn't bring jack shit to a game.
avatar
ViewFromT2



Posts : 1188
Reputation : 822
Join date : 2015-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by Villa_Dan on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:54 am

Who has proven themselves better than a 4 goal a season striker?? He's our best?!?! Over the last 5 seasons Gabby has averaged a goal every SIX GAMES 

Why has he been played? Because he's still a better option that Zog or Tonev. And no, that isn't an endorsement
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4138
Reputation : 3927
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by ViewFromT2 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:06 pm

@Villa_Dan wrote:Who has proven themselves better than a 4 goal a season striker?? He's our best?!?! Over the last 5 seasons Gabby has averaged a goal every SIX GAMES 

Why has he been played? Because he's still a better option that Zog or Tonev. And no, that isn't an endorsement

I would put money on any of our younger players outscoring and outperforming Gabby given the same amount of game time down the years.
avatar
ViewFromT2



Posts : 1188
Reputation : 822
Join date : 2015-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by Deano69 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:07 pm

Kmitch.

Sherwood did not drop Gabby "for a large portion of our run last season". Gabby suffered a hamstring injury towards the end of last season, that kept him out for a few games.

But, please explain, why does Sherwood continue to pick Gabby. Is he, yet another, terrible manager who knows nothing, when compared to 'expert' forum members?

Gabby gets picked because he is currently good enough. Same as Emile Heskey did when he was picked.

There is no conspiracy with this. Managers have a sqaud of 30-40 players. They pick the players that give them the best chance of winning/drawing a game. They may make a mistake here and there, but not normall game after game and season after season. Your, or my, personal likes or dislikes don't come into it.

One additional thing I would say though is. I'm not impressed by 'soundbites' of no proven origin, or by pure stats.

Gabby stays for me. Our squad is better off with him.



avatar
Deano69



Posts : 65
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by ViewFromT2 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:10 pm

@Deano69 wrote:Kmitch.

Sherwood did not drop Gabby "for a large portion of our run last season". Gabby suffered a hamstring injury towards the end of last season, that kept him out for a few games.

But, please explain, why does Sherwood continue to pick Gabby. Is he, yet another, terrible manager who knows nothing, when compared to 'expert' forum members?

Gabby gets picked because he is currently good enough. Same as Emile Heskey did when he was picked.

There is no conspiracy with this. Managers have a sqaud of 30-40 players. They pick the players that give them the best chance of winning/drawing a game. They may make a mistake here and there, but not normall game after game and season after season. Your, or my, personal likes or dislikes don't come into it.

One additional thing I would say though is. I'm not impressed by 'soundbites' of no proven origin, or by pure stats.

Gabby stays for me. Our squad is better off with him.


When the likes of Gestede and Ayew are EPL adapted...no way Gabby plays. I think he has started the season playing because it's too much of a risk to start Gestede and Ayew together with no Prem experience.
I completely disagree with this if it is in fact true. Playing Gabby is effectively reducing our side to 10 men in terms of contribution to a game.
avatar
ViewFromT2



Posts : 1188
Reputation : 822
Join date : 2015-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by Deano69 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:20 pm

@ViewFromT2 wrote:
@Villa_Dan wrote:Who has proven themselves better than a 4 goal a season striker?? He's our best?!?! Over the last 5 seasons Gabby has averaged a goal every SIX GAMES 

Why has he been played? Because he's still a better option that Zog or Tonev. And no, that isn't an endorsement

I would put money on any of our younger players outscoring and outperforming Gabby given the same amount of game time down the years.

Delfouneso? How's he doing?

Weimann? How's he doing?

Fancy answering my question? Why have all of these managers continued to pick him, game after game?

Be carefull now with your answer, if you are a Sherwood fan, because he seems to still like him.

avatar
Deano69



Posts : 65
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by Villa_Dan on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:26 pm

Having no one currently better does not make Gabby good enough, it highlights the lack of depth with have in that area.
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4138
Reputation : 3927
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by Deano69 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:27 pm

@Villa_Dan wrote:Who has proven themselves better than a 4 goal a season striker?? He's our best?!?! Over the last 5 seasons Gabby has averaged a goal every SIX GAMES 

Why has he been played? Because he's still a better option that Zog or Tonev. And no, that isn't an endorsement


How do you work out he is a "4 goal a season striker", but also "has averaged a goal every six games"?

You wouldn't be twisting things or exagerating to try and make your point, would you?
avatar
Deano69



Posts : 65
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by Deano69 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:30 pm

@Villa_Dan wrote:Having no one currently better does not make Gabby good enough, it highlights the lack of depth with have in that area.

Ten seasons plus is a long time to sort that out, wouldn't you think?

Can we agree that, if Sherwood continues to play him whilst fit, that Sherwood thinks he is good enough?

The alternative is, surely, that Sherwood is another manager that knows less than the forum 'experts', and that excuse is getting a little tedious.
avatar
Deano69



Posts : 65
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by Deano69 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:32 pm

@ViewFromT2 wrote:
@Deano69 wrote:Kmitch.

Sherwood did not drop Gabby "for a large portion of our run last season". Gabby suffered a hamstring injury towards the end of last season, that kept him out for a few games.

But, please explain, why does Sherwood continue to pick Gabby. Is he, yet another, terrible manager who knows nothing, when compared to 'expert' forum members?

Gabby gets picked because he is currently good enough. Same as Emile Heskey did when he was picked.

There is no conspiracy with this. Managers have a sqaud of 30-40 players. They pick the players that give them the best chance of winning/drawing a game. They may make a mistake here and there, but not normall game after game and season after season. Your, or my, personal likes or dislikes don't come into it.

One additional thing I would say though is. I'm not impressed by 'soundbites' of no proven origin, or by pure stats.

Gabby stays for me. Our squad is better off with him.


When the likes of Gestede and Ayew are EPL adapted...no way Gabby plays. I think he has started the season playing because it's too much of a risk to start Gestede and Ayew together with no Prem experience.
I completely disagree with this if it is in fact true. Playing Gabby is effectively reducing our side to 10 men in terms of contribution to a game.

So, can I take from your comments, that you think Sherwood doesn't know what he is doing? You think he knows less than you, when it comes to who should play for Villa?

Interesting.
avatar
Deano69



Posts : 65
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by ViewFromT2 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:36 pm

@Deano69 wrote:
@ViewFromT2 wrote:
@Villa_Dan wrote:Who has proven themselves better than a 4 goal a season striker?? He's our best?!?! Over the last 5 seasons Gabby has averaged a goal every SIX GAMES 

Why has he been played? Because he's still a better option that Zog or Tonev. And no, that isn't an endorsement

I would put money on any of our younger players outscoring and outperforming Gabby given the same amount of game time down the years.

Delfouneso? How's he doing?

Weimann? How's he doing?

Fancy answering my question? Why have all of these managers continued to pick him, game after game?

Be carefull now with your answer, if you are a Sherwood fan, because he seems to still like him.


Not really sure Delfounseo had the same game time as Gabby mate...and neither did Weimann really. I didn't like either of them, but both are better footballers than Gabby in terms of actually controlling and passing a football....and sticking the ball in the net.

I have no problem with your opinion. If you rate Gabby then I support your right to do that. However, I think you will see a big improvement when he is gone though.

I have no idea why Sherwood persists with him. I'm a big Sherwood fan and I have stated previously that his continuing selection of Gabby is baffling. It's the one black mark against him in my view.
I personally think Sinclair warranted that position at the end of last season based on his performances since he came in. Why he or Gil were left out in favour of Gabby only Sherwood can explain.

As I say, a contract clause is the only thing that makes sense to me.
avatar
ViewFromT2



Posts : 1188
Reputation : 822
Join date : 2015-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by ViewFromT2 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:38 pm

@Deano69 wrote:
@ViewFromT2 wrote:
@Deano69 wrote:Kmitch.

Sherwood did not drop Gabby "for a large portion of our run last season". Gabby suffered a hamstring injury towards the end of last season, that kept him out for a few games.

But, please explain, why does Sherwood continue to pick Gabby. Is he, yet another, terrible manager who knows nothing, when compared to 'expert' forum members?

Gabby gets picked because he is currently good enough. Same as Emile Heskey did when he was picked.

There is no conspiracy with this. Managers have a sqaud of 30-40 players. They pick the players that give them the best chance of winning/drawing a game. They may make a mistake here and there, but not normall game after game and season after season. Your, or my, personal likes or dislikes don't come into it.

One additional thing I would say though is. I'm not impressed by 'soundbites' of no proven origin, or by pure stats.

Gabby stays for me. Our squad is better off with him.


When the likes of Gestede and Ayew are EPL adapted...no way Gabby plays. I think he has started the season playing because it's too much of a risk to start Gestede and Ayew together with no Prem experience.
I completely disagree with this if it is in fact true. Playing Gabby is effectively reducing our side to 10 men in terms of contribution to a game.

So, can I take from your comments, that you think Sherwood doesn't know what he is doing? You think he knows less than you, when it comes to who should play for Villa?

Interesting.

It's called having a fuckin opinion buddy.....

avatar
ViewFromT2



Posts : 1188
Reputation : 822
Join date : 2015-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by Villa_Dan on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:41 pm

@Deano69 wrote:
@Villa_Dan wrote:Who has proven themselves better than a 4 goal a season striker?? He's our best?!?! Over the last 5 seasons Gabby has averaged a goal every SIX GAMES 

Why has he been played? Because he's still a better option that Zog or Tonev. And no, that isn't an endorsement


How do you work out he is a "4 goal a season striker", but also "has averaged a goal every six games"?

You wouldn't be twisting things or exagerating to try and make your point, would you?

Wouldn't be being a pedantic prick to exaggerate your point would you? 

He's AVERAGED that over 5 seasons, the difference between 4 goals and 6 goals isn't a lot let's be honest. 

It's clear you think your opinion out weighs anyone else's and relish being the "intelligent minority" over the opinions of everyone else. Welcome to the blocked list.
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4138
Reputation : 3927
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by Deano69 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:42 pm

But, viewfromT2, are you saying that your "fucking opinion" is correct and Sherwoods is wrong?

I'm trying to understand the thinking of people who suggest Sherwood is a good manager but think him picking Gabby is the fault of an imbecile.


Last edited by Deano69 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Deano69



Posts : 65
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by Villa_Dan on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:42 pm

My last post will be that Deano thought Adama Traore would be too one dimensional but then calls Gabby the Great fucking Retarded Hope of Aston Villa!!
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4138
Reputation : 3927
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by GadgetMan on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:44 pm

@ViewFromT2 wrote:
@Deano69 wrote:
@ViewFromT2 wrote:
@Deano69 wrote:Kmitch.

Sherwood did not drop Gabby "for a large portion of our run last season". Gabby suffered a hamstring injury towards the end of last season, that kept him out for a few games.

But, please explain, why does Sherwood continue to pick Gabby. Is he, yet another, terrible manager who knows nothing, when compared to 'expert' forum members?

Gabby gets picked because he is currently good enough. Same as Emile Heskey did when he was picked.

There is no conspiracy with this. Managers have a sqaud of 30-40 players. They pick the players that give them the best chance of winning/drawing a game. They may make a mistake here and there, but not normall game after game and season after season. Your, or my, personal likes or dislikes don't come into it.

One additional thing I would say though is. I'm not impressed by 'soundbites' of no proven origin, or by pure stats.

Gabby stays for me. Our squad is better off with him.


When the likes of Gestede and Ayew are EPL adapted...no way Gabby plays. I think he has started the season playing because it's too much of a risk to start Gestede and Ayew together with no Prem experience.
I completely disagree with this if it is in fact true. Playing Gabby is effectively reducing our side to 10 men in terms of contribution to a game.

So, can I take from your comments, that you think Sherwood doesn't know what he is doing? You think he knows less than you, when it comes to who should play for Villa?

Interesting.

It's called having a fuckin opinion buddy.....


Play nicely.....Oh I don't do that anymore haha!! Scarf Waving
avatar
GadgetMan



Posts : 3466
Reputation : 703
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 43
Location : Between a rock and a hard place

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by GadgetMan on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:45 pm

@Deano69 wrote:But, viewfromT2, are you saying that your "fucking opinion" is correct and Sherwoods is wrong?

I'm trying to understand the thinking of people who suggest Sherwood is a good manager but think him picking Gabby is the fault of an imbecile.

I posted why I think he gets picked, as of yet the only post you've not replied too. I'm hurt! Very Happy
avatar
GadgetMan



Posts : 3466
Reputation : 703
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 43
Location : Between a rock and a hard place

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by ViewFromT2 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:46 pm

@Deano69 wrote:But, viewfromT2, are you saying that your "fucking opinion" is correct and Sherwoods is wrong?

I'm trying to understand the thinking of people who suggest Sherwood is a good manager but think him picking Gabby is the fault of an imbecile.

Erm, it's an opinion. It cannot be right or wrong...it's an opinion.

Sherwood calls the shots, he picks the team he lives and dies by his opinions. I'm a fan, I support the club, the manager and every player on the pitch during the game....I think Gabby is total shite and shouldn't be in the team and I think Sherwood needs to give his head a wobble for picking him!

I'd be interested to know who you think actually is shit, if Gabby is good in your world?
avatar
ViewFromT2



Posts : 1188
Reputation : 822
Join date : 2015-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by ViewFromT2 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:49 pm

@Villa_Dan wrote:My last post will be that Deano thought Adama Traore would be too one dimensional but then calls Gabby the Great fucking Retarded Hope of Aston Villa!!

LOL...You are Joking Dan?

Fucking hell that is priceless!

lol! lol! lol!

avatar
ViewFromT2



Posts : 1188
Reputation : 822
Join date : 2015-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by Deano69 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:51 pm

@Villa_Dan wrote:My last post will be that Deano thought Adama Traore would be too one dimensional but then calls Gabby the Great fucking Retarded Hope of Aston Villa!!


Traore has yet to play a game in the PL. I hope he manages to score as many great goals against the top 5 as Gabby has, but time will tell. The comments came from the Spanish Press - way before Traore was shipped out to us. You can wet yourself over him before he has kicked a ball for us, if that is what helps you get through the day.

Your final comments, and insults, towards Gabby prove your agenda. I feel you are not on your own when it comes to a personal hatred for him. The reasons are your own, and probably best not put on a forum - if the "retarded' comment shows your true nature.

avatar
Deano69



Posts : 65
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by bazzah on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:54 pm

Opposition teams very rarely play with a high defensive line.  Gabby has been most effective when he has space to run in behind.  He's never been great at beating a man with the ball at his feet.  We have far better attacking players to take on a man and (although the jury is out) I think Ayew would be the sort to get ahead of a marker in and around the penalty box.

Gabby has a long way to go before even becoming a game changer from the bench.  He'd be more suited to come on in the event of us being 1-0 up, the opposition are chasing the game defending higher up the pitch, and Gabby comes on to provide us with a pressure outlet with punts up field for him to chase.

Overall, if he wants to be first pick, he needs to improve his finishsing, dribbling, passing, hold up play, generally buck up his ideas and develop a [better] footballing brain.

However, credit where credit is due - and he deserves to be club captain for what he has given to the club over the years.  His approach/professionalism off the pitch, in the dressing room and understanding of our club holds a lot of value.

I think it's positive that we are having this assessment of Gabby.  For me he is (just about) premier league standard.  Until recently he was a dead cert for selection.  Now that he isn't it can only mean there are better players in the squad and/or we have more options than before.

bazzah



Posts : 332
Reputation : 92
Join date : 2014-05-03
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by Deano69 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:58 pm

@GadgetMan wrote:
@Deano69 wrote:But, viewfromT2, are you saying that your "fucking opinion" is correct and Sherwoods is wrong?

I'm trying to understand the thinking of people who suggest Sherwood is a good manager but think him picking Gabby is the fault of an imbecile.

I posted why I think he gets picked, as of yet the only post you've not replied too. I'm hurt! Very Happy

I thought your reply was the most intelligent and insightful so far. I'm just wading through the sea of shit and insults, before I get back to you properly on it. Laughing

At least I have doubled the sites post total, for the last month, in one morning.

avatar
Deano69



Posts : 65
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by 4BetLite on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:12 pm

If TS continues with Gabby after the new guys are up to speed (don't forget they were bought late in the window) he will be as successful as the other managers that have stuck Gabby on week after week.

Anyone that seriously thinks Gabby is a quality player is posting purely for a reaction, nice one!

He will be the most costly reserve team captain in the country soon, cos no one will come in for him. He's mediocre at best and of a similar quality to the others that have held us back in recent times. He's as much use as Lamberk, prob this numpty's fave manager.
avatar
4BetLite



Posts : 1776
Reputation : 2815
Join date : 2015-06-20
Location : Bloody Hell

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by GadgetMan on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:22 pm

@Deano69 wrote:  
@GadgetMan wrote:
@Deano69 wrote:But, viewfromT2, are you saying that your "fucking opinion" is correct and Sherwoods is wrong?

I'm trying to understand the thinking of people who suggest Sherwood is a good manager but think him picking Gabby is the fault of an imbecile.

I posted why I think he gets picked, as of yet the only post you've not replied too. I'm hurt! Very Happy

I thought your reply was the most intelligent and insightful so far. I'm just wading through the sea of shit and insults, before I get back to you properly on it.  Laughing  

At least I have doubled the sites post total, for the last month, in one morning.


Hmmm posts like that won't help the "He's on a wind up" view. Stick to discussing Gabby as you make some valid points, if not entirely popular.
avatar
GadgetMan



Posts : 3466
Reputation : 703
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 43
Location : Between a rock and a hard place

Back to top Go down

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by ViewFromT2 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:26 pm

In my opinion Gabby has started the first two games because neither Gil or Grealish are fit. It really is as simple as that!
avatar
ViewFromT2



Posts : 1188
Reputation : 822
Join date : 2015-02-13

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum