The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Gabby Agbonlahor

+46
VillaBill
achilles
Boldfinger
Trysullvilla
smetro
ember
Synopsis
Terry Derry
MarvelVillan
NARLA24
Dazzle
Cha Ching
Dgrizzle7
Villa_Dan
avfc85
VTID85
Trotters
FoxyAV
Wookster
DaveAV1
Fpuppys
gdale1
jeffvilla
4BetLite
DomAVFC
mefromhere
EbeneezerGoode
big ming
ViewFromT2
Morgan Villa
De Kuip
DelboyVilla
Thinman
ejs1111
KMitch
GadgetMan
Deano69
bazzah
South London Villan
Army villain
Mazrim
Dions_Bald_Head
villabromsgrove
Saunders82
gdav
thegaffer6
50 posters

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 5 Empty Re: Gabby Agbonlahor

Post by De Kuip Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:16 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
EbeneezerGoode wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:I would like to add to VB's post and echo his views. It's been a real pleasure posting and modding on here, by and large you guys have been a great bunch and easy on me in my time as a moderator, so thank you so much for that. I've made some really good friends. Scarf Waving UTV

I wish to pursue other projects and spend time on those, whilst still contributing to the site as a poster (subject to Trotters approval) I feel I've given TBAR all I can offer and wish it every success for the future.  

http://www.claretandbluearmy.com/

Other projects = a new forum in competition with this one? What's behind that?

Hi All, no competition, we'll still post here (As I said) The internet's a big old place and there's room for loads of forums. So certainly isn't the aim to be any direct competition, just doing our thing, changes happen, people come and go etc! Long may TBAR continue to thrive Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 5 3769219917

Can't really see what new alternative you guys are offering - apart from the header it looks like a carbon copy of TBAR?? Not sure if TBAR will "thrive" after this split/competition - hope so as despite me having a month's break due to being fed up of the moaners, I've really appreciated what TBAR tries to do and the ethos behind it - open dialogue in a pretty good atmosphere of mutual respect in the main - that, for me is the USP of TBAR, and not any of the other Villa sites I've seen. I wish you well at CABA, but hope you guys don't run any threads in future slagging players off for a lack of loyalty.............
De Kuip
De Kuip

Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:38 pm

De Kuip wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
EbeneezerGoode wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:I would like to add to VB's post and echo his views. It's been a real pleasure posting and modding on here, by and large you guys have been a great bunch and easy on me in my time as a moderator, so thank you so much for that. I've made some really good friends. Scarf Waving UTV

I wish to pursue other projects and spend time on those, whilst still contributing to the site as a poster (subject to Trotters approval) I feel I've given TBAR all I can offer and wish it every success for the future.  

http://www.theclaretandbluearmy.com/

Hi All, no competition, we'll still post here (As I said) The internet's a big old place and there's room for loads of forums. So certainly isn't the aim to be any direct competition, just doing our thing, changes happen, people come and go etc! Long may TBAR continue to thrive Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 5 3769219917

Can't really see what new alternative you guys are offering - apart from the header it looks like a carbon copy of TBAR?? Not sure if TBAR will "thrive" after this split/competition - hope so as despite me having a month's break due to being fed up of the moaners, I've really appreciated what TBAR tries to do and the ethos behind it - open dialogue in a pretty good atmosphere of mutual respect in the main - that, for me is the USP of TBAR, and not any of the other Villa sites I've seen. I wish you well at CABA, but hope you guys don't run any threads in future slagging players off for a lack of loyalty.............

Think that's a tad harsh DeKuip. The layout is similar as we use the same hosts, I'd like to think I contributed a fair bit to this forum along with it's design, so it's not a surprise that the features I implemented here would also be what I chose there (with the limited options available to chose from) as I liked them, hence putting them on here.

The alternative is choice (not that there needs to be an alternative, we're not offering one) choice not only for fans, but for us as individuals (those that left) The choice to leave and do something else. I'm not looking to take posters or ask anyone not to post here and go there. I'd never have mentioned the site on here out of respect. I'm not prepared to go into specifics, however I quit as a moderator as I felt I had profound differences in the some areas of the site and how we saw fit to moderate/run it. So rather than it get silly and there be a needless fall out (which nobody did and I'm pleased about that) I simply resigned and said I'd post still,just not as a mod, which I will as long as i'm allowed. Starting my own project doesn't make me disloyal, I gave hours and hours of my time to this place (over nearly 18 months) so I can hold my head high and know I always gave my best, I always defended TBAR, often to regular abuse on Twitter (where I ran the Twitter feed and my own feed) I still will.

So it's not an either or, yes I'll be posting there, but I'll also post here too. I can't tell you how to think, but we've spoken enough for you to know I'm a decent chap, so I hope this clarifies things and if not then that's a shame as I won't be saying anymore. TBAR is a fab sight with some awesome loyal people, I'd like to think I was one of them. Me being part of another site, doesn't (for me) take away from how I view this place or my right to post etc!

Cheers for the well wishes, but I'll still be around to comment and contribute. How many posters here post elsewhere? A few right. It should be a common occurrence, TBAR stood for not slagging other sites and welcoming those from other sites, I'm sure it still does. I'm now just one of those other posters that post in a few places UTV
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:44 pm

Good luck on your project GM, I have enjoyed your posts and banter and I hope you continue to contribute.

Surely it is like newspapers with forums, we glean info/news from a variety of newspapers and the same can be done with forums.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:53 pm

South London Villan wrote:Good luck on your project GM, I have enjoyed your posts and banter and I hope you continue to contribute.

Surely it is like newspapers with forums, we glean info/news from a variety of newspapers and the same can be done with forums.

Cheers SLV that's how I see it too. As I said, I'll not say anymore. This is about TBAR, a VERY good fans forum and we're off topic anyway haha! Very Happy
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:24 am

GadgetMan wrote:
De Kuip wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
EbeneezerGoode wrote:

http://www.claretandbluearmy.com/

Think that's a tad harsh DeKuip. The layout is similar as we use the same hosts, I'd like to think I contributed a fair bit to this forum along with it's design, so it's not a surprise that the features I implemented here would also be what I chose there (with the limited options available to chose from) as I liked them, hence putting them on here.

The alternative is choice (not that there needs to be an alternative, we're not offering one) choice not only for fans, but for us as individuals (those that left) The choice to leave and do something else. I'm not looking to take posters or ask anyone not to post here and go there. I'd never have mentioned the site on here out of respect. I'm not prepared to go into specifics, however I quit as a moderator as I felt I had profound differences in the some areas of the site and how we saw fit to moderate/run it. So rather than it get silly and there be a needless fall out (which nobody did and I'm pleased about that) I simply resigned and said I'd post still,just not as a mod, which I will as long as i'm allowed. Starting my own project doesn't make me disloyal, I gave hours and hours of my time to this place (over nearly 18 months) so I can hold my head high and know I always gave my best, I always defended TBAR, often to regular abuse on Twitter (where I ran the Twitter feed and my own feed) I still will.

So it's not an either or, yes I'll be posting there, but I'll also post here too. I can't tell you how to think, but we've spoken enough for you to know I'm a decent chap, so I hope this clarifies things and if not then that's a shame as I won't be saying anymore. TBAR is a fab sight with some awesome loyal people, I'd like to think I was one of them. Me being part of another site, doesn't (for me) take away from how I view this place or my right to post etc!

Cheers for the well wishes, but I'll still be around to comment and contribute. How many posters here post elsewhere? A few right. It should be a common occurrence, TBAR stood for not slagging other sites and welcoming those from other sites, I'm sure it still does. I'm now just one of those other posters that post in a few places UTV

Yes you are right GM, I was overly harsh - sorry, and meant to put a smiley at the end of the loyalty bit but it was the end of a long day. I think you've seen enough of my posts to know I never have a dig at people, just disappointed that there's a schism in TBAR I guess. Wish you all well at CABA - I for one won't be visiting or posting, but that's no to say I don't still wish you well, if you felt you had know choice but to leave.

Oh, and Gabby is crap......... Very Happy
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:36 am

Indeed. I look at forums like pubs - full of bitter old arseholes crying in a corner wondering what happened to them... I mean, a place of choice to hang out for a laugh before moving up the road to do the same thing somewhere else.

Some people like to stick with their local.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:38 am

Wondering if CABA poached TED from us, very suspicious indeed! :x
4BetLite
4BetLite

Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:05 pm

I've been on a few forums but this is the only one I've stuck with. Think it's because I'm an arsehole and there's enough other arseholes for me to feel at home without the smattering of cnuts you get on others
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:35 pm

Mazrim wrote:Indeed. I look at forums like pubs - full of bitter old arseholes crying in a corner wondering what happened to them... I mean, a place of choice to hang out for a laugh before moving up the road to do the same thing somewhere else.

Some people like to stick with their local.

I know of one particular pub just like that......ha!!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:37 pm

De Kuip wrote:
Yes you are right GM, I was overly harsh - sorry, and meant to put a smiley at the end of the loyalty bit but it was the end of a long day. I think you've seen enough of my posts to know I never have a dig at people, just disappointed that there's a schism in TBAR I guess. Wish you all well at CABA - I for one won't be visiting or posting, but that's no to say I don't still wish you well, if you felt you had know choice but to leave.

Oh, and Gabby is crap......... Very Happy

No probs matey and thanks for the post Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 5 3769219917 I agree, Gabby is crap haha!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:16 pm

What a quality player... 

That 1-on-1 was awful
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:50 pm

lol, he hasn't got a football brain, times up son.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:55 pm

I'm Im embarrassed for the lad. The one-on-one was bad but then the weird effort with ten mins to go in the first half was just beyond explanation. Then when we had a free kick, he decided to take a quick one backwards when we weren't organised.

No feet, no brain, no talent. Just pace.
Trotters
Trotters

Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:59 pm

Gabby stayed on the whole game, we made one change, wtf.............Gabby must have in lieu of wages a contract clause that says he plays if fit, only explanation for me.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:00 pm

Not looking good for gabby.
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MarvelVillan Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:02 pm

agbonlaHOR! Huh! Good God! What is he good for? Absolutely nothin'! Say it again!
MarvelVillan
MarvelVillan

Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:02 pm

Cost us at least a point. No more starts.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:08 pm

Pathetic performance... Needs to be dropped for the rest of the season.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:33 pm

MarvelVillan wrote:agbonlaHOR! Huh! Good God! What is he good for? Absolutely nothin'! Say it again!

Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 5 1956653425
Trotters
Trotters

Gabby Agbonlahor - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:17 pm

If hes a premier league footballer, so am i
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:20 pm

Agbonla-horror show today. Kicking it with his standing foot when 6 yards out was the final straw for me. Let's hope with players coming back that Tim gave him his final chance in the league today.

Adama, Grealish and Gil in behind Ayew or Rudy could be incredible!
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:30 pm

Gutted by that today, gutted. Two really poor goals to concede (again) Gabby was shocking, truly awful. I don't get how he still has fans blindly following him.

As for Traore WOW made Gabby look like he was running through treacle.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:00 pm

Can't blame Gabby anymore. If Sherwood persists in picking him then he has to take the blame. Poor team selection and an awful substitution taking off Sanchez.
Adama looms great...but we will suffer until Gabby is gone, I blame Sherwood for the defeat today
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:03 pm

3 games, 3 one on ones, no goals. He is shit.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:40 pm

Got to be benched. Adama for Gabby straight swap and possibly Gil for Sanchez (although he was quite tidy today).
bazzah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next