The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

7 Days of Villa (21)

Go down

7 Days of Villa (21)

Friday, 3rd July

Liverpool continue to try and sign Benteke through the media; this time they roll out Robbie Fowler to publicly talk about how good Benteke apparently would be for Liverpool.

Gueye is on by the looks of things, just waiting for a work permit as he hasn't played the 75% of international games in the period required. It appears to be just a formality, everything else seems to be sorted.

Helenius is returning to Denmark; shame it didn't work out for him. I wish him well.

Fulham are linked with a move for Joe Bennett. I feel like Sherwood may like him, though.

Saturday, 4th July

There is genuinely nothing other than regurgitation reporting today.

Sunday, 5th July

Today is pretty similar. The media are very determined for Benteke and Delph to leave us. They'd bloody love it.

Monday, 6th July

The players return for training, and Pete Colley duly pays the £100 he owed Tim Sherwood for us not been taken over by this date. It makes for an amusing TV moment, and the money goes to Acorns.

Sherwood offers the same bet to Colley over Benteke; Colley refused.

Fabian Delph rocked up to training even though he'd been given the week off. Very impressive!

Finally, BENTEKE AND DELPH ARE DEFINITELY LEAVING ASTON VILLA ANY DAY NOW. THE MEDIA ARE SO DESPERATE FOR IT.  Rolling Eyes

They may well be leaving but it's getting annoying just seeing the same headlines over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over again.

Tuesday, 7th July

Now John Barnes is talking about Benteke. Liverpool really are a vile scummy football club.

There's a kit launch with many technical issues in terms of streaming on-line, and the event is described as 'a bit cringe worthy' by a lot of people. I don't bother myself, I'm not all that interested in the kits, but plenty of people complain. However the kits themselves seem to mostly be well received. They look nice enough, sure. As long as it's nothing really horrible I'm just never going to be all that bothered, sorry everyone!

It's emerged late on that Middlesborough are expected to sign Shay Given on a free.

Wednesday, 8th July

All week there has been loads of speculation about an all-staff meeting at Villa Park. Closer to the time, more and more people are saying it's going to be much ado about nothing, and that's pretty much what it was.

Stoke appear to have gazumped Boro for Given.

Thursday, 9th July

Mark Bunn has signed from Norwich. I certainly think he's just back-up, which means Guzan is getting restored or, more likely in my opinion, we're getting a new number one too.

Jordan Amavi may or may not be close to coming, depending on what you read.

The players travel to Portugal. Benteke is there (I am sure to the disappointment of the media), but Delph isn't. The reason is he is about to become a father any day now, but that does not stop the Mail reporting it like it's for other reasons. I really can't put into words what a disgraceful rag that once respectable paper has turned into. It's genuinely very sad.

Finally, Randy Lerner lands in England. No-one knows why, but it doesn't seem to be for anything particularly interesting.

A potentially exciting week turned into a rather dull week; sadly that felt very predictable. Onto the next week!
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum