The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Idrissa Gana Gueye

+22
Villa_Dan
villajk
ViewFromT2
FoxyAV
KMitch
avfc forever
avfc85
kimbo
StringGhost
Trotters
Born Under The Holte End
Fpuppys
lukevilla
South London Villan
bazzah
NARLA24
fastbackace
smetro
Dgrizzle7
Mazrim
thegaffer6
villabromsgrove
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Idrissa Gana Gueye - Page 3 Empty Re: Idrissa Gana Gueye

Post by Trotters Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:44 am

He was in pure Beast Mode for the first 15 but then the whole team fell apart. Easily our best player.
Trotters
Trotters

Idrissa Gana Gueye - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:40 am

Will he stick with us?

Do we have anyone here who knows which players are likely to stay and which (like Okore, apparently) are likely to jump ship as soon as their relegation clauses allow? It would be interesting to find out.

I wonder if whichever manager we have come the end of the season will be allowed the full income from departing players?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Idrissa Gana Gueye - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:53 am

To be fair guys, giving him the "he was our best player" accolade for yesterday is hardly proof of ability!

He started well. Won a couple of tackles etc...he then gave the ball away near the halfway line, sloppy mistake...it happens...BUT....he just looked on as Liverpool broke....that's my problem with him.

From that moment on he was crap. Yes he made a coupe of interceptions and won a few tackles....but he looked totally lost against a decent midfield, as I suggested he would!

Like too many Villa players, he can make the easy return to feet pass or the 10 yards sideways pass....but when there is a chance to open the opposition up or play a team mate through he falls woefully short.

That's my view anyway!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Idrissa Gana Gueye - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:31 am

Maybe he was our least worst player.

Nobody deserves the title of best player in that debacle.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:37 am

Thinman wrote:Maybe he was our least worst player.

Nobody deserves the title of best player in that debacle.

Well put mate.,...perhaps we can change the end of player awards to suit:

Gana - Least Shit Player 2015/16
Gabby - Most Overweight Has Been 2015/16
Westwood - WTF? 2015/16
Bacuna - Longest Time Disguised As A Footballer 2015/16
Ayew - Longest Carry of Chip on Shoulder 2015/16
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:12 am

Id go with that lot except for Bacuna.

His disguise was so poor that at no time did he ever ever resemble a footballer.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:24 am

I don't really understand why some footballers are played. Gabby was crap for the first 10 matches or so. Bacuna fouls people but fails to either score or put in decent crosses. Westwood is a one-man Specsavers advertisement. We have a functioning Academy. If Bacuna's shit, play someone that isn't who might actually contribute.

Having said that I always saw Bacuna as a squad player, someone to come in as a late defensive substitute or something.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:36 am

FoxyAV wrote:I don't really understand why some footballers are played. Gabby was crap for the first 10 matches or so. Bacuna fouls people but fails to either score or put in decent crosses. Westwood is a one-man Specsavers advertisement. We have a functioning Academy. If Bacuna's shit, play someone that isn't who might actually contribute.

Having said that I always saw Bacuna as a squad player, someone to come in as a late defensive substitute or something.

To be fair, if you pay £800k for a player and put him in the premier league, 99/100 you get a Bacuna! 1/100 you get a Mahrez!!

The academy mention is a great shout. Talking to my son and brother as we left the ground yesterday I said that if our academy staff aren't capable of producing better players than Bacuna, Westwood, Gabby etc...then they need to sack the lot of them and start again!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:05 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:I don't really understand why some footballers are played. Gabby was crap for the first 10 matches or so. Bacuna fouls people but fails to either score or put in decent crosses. Westwood is a one-man Specsavers advertisement. We have a functioning Academy. If Bacuna's shit, play someone that isn't who might actually contribute.

To be fair, if you pay £800k for a player and put him in the premier league, 99/100 you get a Bacuna! 1/100 you get a Mahrez!!

The academy mention is a great shout. Talking to my son and brother as we left the ground yesterday I said that if our academy staff aren't capable of producing better players than Bacuna, Westwood, Gabby etc...then they need to sack the lot of them and start again!

Sounds like an excellent idea!
achilles
achilles

Idrissa Gana Gueye - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:10 pm

"The Senegal international has won more tackles than any other player in the Premier League and he reckons the passion from the crowd drives him on."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-idrissa-gana-reveals-10908651?

I'd still like to see Gueye with us next season.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:26 pm

Too bad he'll be the first one out the door this summer. A proven defensive midfielder in his prime with Premier League experience and a price tag of less than 10 mil will have clubs lining up to buy.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:09 pm

FoxyAV wrote:"The Senegal international has won more tackles than any other player in the Premier League and he reckons the passion from the crowd drives him on."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-idrissa-gana-reveals-10908651?

I'd still like to see Gueye with us next season.

That stat is wrong. He has won less tackles than Kante at Leicester, and Cabaye at Palace!! I will admit though, it has surprised me he is that high on the list....I guess I judge him on what he does with it when he's won it, not whether he wins it or not!!

He has 8th highest interceptions, is way down the list on blocks (whatever constitutes a 'block)...below westwood and bacuna!

He has committed more fouls than any other player in the league (bar Eric Lamela)

courtesy of foxsports (http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/stats?competition=1&season=2015&category=POSSESSION&pos=3&team=0&splitType=0&sort=5&sortOrder=0)
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:02 pm

Here's another article looking at Gueye's stats:

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/jOx2fkxnzk6mXLlZlRHXnw/Show/
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:53 pm

That just confirms why I hate those things, he just never seems to be in the right place and always seems to be jogging but I just watch the player and don't compile stats!
achilles
achilles

Idrissa Gana Gueye - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:27 am

achilles wrote:That just confirms why I hate those things, he just never seems to be in the right place and always seems to be jogging but I just watch the player and don't compile stats!

You can bet whoever scouted him did so because of his stats. There's a good point that he probably has to make so many tackles because he's recovering from being out of position. I still think he and Veretout in the middle could do a very good job for us.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:15 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
achilles wrote:That just confirms why I hate those things, he just never seems to be in the right place and always seems to be jogging but I just watch the player and don't compile stats!

You can bet whoever scouted him did so because of his stats. There's a good point that he probably has to make so many tackles because he's recovering from being out of position. I still think he and Veretout in the middle could do a very good job for us.

I think it's been well established that the prick that is Reilly only uses football manager 2014 to scout his players, maybe an email to an acquaintance at opta (who probably also thinks he's a prick) if he still can't decide if they're shit enough for him to pay £8-10m for.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Idrissa Gana Gueye - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum