The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Jordan Amavi

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jordan Amavi

Post by Mazrim on Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:56 pm

I'm not being aggressive and I'm not having a go. I (and I'm sure I'm not alone) just don't want this place descending into the sort of sniping that can make forums unpleasant. I could go on but I think it's been covered in posts above so not much point.
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:12 pm

@GadgetMan wrote:
@Joppe84 wrote:Well I'm sorry if that offended anyone. I'm generally very blunt as a person and tend to say things as I'm told or read without sugarcoating at all, and I suspect nationality and culture differences can shine through, but I don't intend on insulting people. Anyway, apologies.

On nationalities, I have a Swedish friend and he like you is pretty direct and blunt, but also acknowledges it's a cultural thing. I think if I had to pay as much for beer as you do, I'd be pretty blunt too haha!! However Oslo is a beautiful place to live I'd imagine?!

Oslo is alright, bit far to Villa Park, but alright
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:15 pm

@Joppe84 wrote:
@GadgetMan wrote:
@Joppe84 wrote:Well I'm sorry if that offended anyone. I'm generally very blunt as a person and tend to say things as I'm told or read without sugarcoating at all, and I suspect nationality and culture differences can shine through, but I don't intend on insulting people. Anyway, apologies.

On nationalities, I have a Swedish friend and he like you is pretty direct and blunt, but also acknowledges it's a cultural thing. I think if I had to pay as much for beer as you do, I'd be pretty blunt too haha!! However Oslo is a beautiful place to live I'd imagine?!

Oslo is alright, bit far to Villa Park, but alright

That is true. There's a pretty big Norwegian fan club, are you a member?
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:39 pm

I was. Don't think I've paid anything for a few years though (when you mention it).
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head on Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:46 pm

@Mazrim wrote:I'm not being aggressive and I'm not having a go. I (and I'm sure I'm not alone) just don't want this place descending into the sort of sniping that can make forums unpleasant. I could go on but I think it's been covered in posts above so not much point.

Maybe it's your scary lego man picture - personally I can't read GadgetMan's posts without fancying him...
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:10 pm

@Dions_Bald_Head wrote:
@Mazrim wrote:I'm not being aggressive and I'm not having a go. I (and I'm sure I'm not alone) just don't want this place descending into the sort of sniping that can make forums unpleasant. I could go on but I think it's been covered in posts above so not much point.

Maybe it's your scary lego man picture - personally I can't read GadgetMan's posts without fancying him...

:moon:
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by omariqy on Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:46 am

@GadgetMan wrote:
@omariqy wrote:That's fair enough.  I would do the same on VillaTalk as well.  I don't come here just for ITK info. More to talk Villa.  My info was from a VT poster last year and I was just relaying it.  I didn't claim to be ITK.
@omariqy wrote:

Re the Medical.  You wouldn't have a medical and then reject the club.  I would think that it never got to that stage as he doesn't;t want to move here.

Which is pretty much how most other info gets shared and then labelled ITK, point is it's shared in good faith. That's the key. Is it deliberate BS or is it someone thinking they know something and wish to share with others? So who gets labelled a bullshitter and who gets labelled as genuinely relaying what they've heard?! Tricky huh?!

We as a site do our best to manage expectations and also try and weed out the potential for blatant misleading. That's all we can do (apart from not allow it at all, but why censor people over a small minority?!) The key for me and what I hope I got across is be it right or wrong info NO ONE is the voice of the site, we are just the platform for people to share in (hopefully) an environment that is respectful and mindful of it being shared in good faith. When does one need 'calling out' and when is it purely 'Hey it was wrong, but thanks for relaying it anyway' I don't think we should be so quick to call people out. As long as it's passed on with the right intent, so what if it's wrong? It's not life or death here, it's just transfer gossip or takeover related stuff, nobody get's hurt. So if you're posting in good faith, maybe think about the delivery of said info. "I've heard xy z but it may not be true, however thought I'd share" will always be received better than "my source says" or speaking with complete authority on the matter. Just an observation though!! Scarf Waving

I'm not a critic of the site like many others are. Lots of good people on here, many of whom I chat with on a regular basis. My issue with this ITK was that whole thread was started based on some random persons ITK that a medical had happened. Trotters, as a founding father, even said 'our man NARLA' which is an endorsement of sorts. I suppose the beginning 'Admin' stuff will always tarnish the site. Unfairly I suppose.

omariqy

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:47 am

@omariqy wrote:
@GadgetMan wrote:
@omariqy wrote:That's fair enough.  I would do the same on VillaTalk as well.  I don't come here just for ITK info. More to talk Villa.  My info was from a VT poster last year and I was just relaying it.  I didn't claim to be ITK.
@omariqy wrote:

Re the Medical.  You wouldn't have a medical and then reject the club.  I would think that it never got to that stage as he doesn't;t want to move here.

Which is pretty much how most other info gets shared and then labelled ITK, point is it's shared in good faith. That's the key. Is it deliberate BS or is it someone thinking they know something and wish to share with others? So who gets labelled a bullshitter and who gets labelled as genuinely relaying what they've heard?! Tricky huh?!

We as a site do our best to manage expectations and also try and weed out the potential for blatant misleading. That's all we can do (apart from not allow it at all, but why censor people over a small minority?!) The key for me and what I hope I got across is be it right or wrong info NO ONE is the voice of the site, we are just the platform for people to share in (hopefully) an environment that is respectful and mindful of it being shared in good faith. When does one need 'calling out' and when is it purely 'Hey it was wrong, but thanks for relaying it anyway' I don't think we should be so quick to call people out. As long as it's passed on with the right intent, so what if it's wrong? It's not life or death here, it's just transfer gossip or takeover related stuff, nobody get's hurt. So if you're posting in good faith, maybe think about the delivery of said info. "I've heard xy z but it may not be true, however thought I'd share" will always be received better than "my source says" or speaking with complete authority on the matter. Just an observation though!! Scarf Waving

I'm not a critic of the site like many others are.  Lots of good people on here, many of whom I chat with on a regular basis.   My issue with this ITK was that whole thread was started based on some random persons ITK that a medical had happened.  Trotters, as a founding father, even said 'our man NARLA' which is an endorsement of sorts.  I suppose the beginning 'Admin' stuff will always tarnish the site.  Unfairly I suppose.  

I think 'Always tarnish' is a bit harsh. It will only happen if people keep perpetuating it like it's new info and still happening. I can assure you (but I'll let Trotters speak for himself) that it wasn't an endorsement, however I can see that's how it looks if it was said that way. NARLA is a friend and they've known each other for years, so it was more a friendly nod to that, I'd say, however, I'll reiterate, we as a team/forum don't endorse ANYONE'S information. I said it all yesterday, so don't wish to bang on about it anymore.

Those that visit regularly will know the forums stance, those that are fleeting will work it out and those that never visit are more than welcome to come and see for themselves, however those that just choose to mock from afar with no intention of ever joining are not a concern for us. We pay no notice to their outdated views. We have a good forum here, we like what we have and we feel confident it will continue to grow. Those that have stuck with us thank you Those that are newer members, thank you also for being here and any browsers that haven't yet posted, please do so, we'd like to have you part of the forum.

Just keep it respectful and you'll fit in great Scarf Waving Cheers!!
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by omariqy on Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:57 am

omariqy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigteke on Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:51 am

I've seen a link today stating that we have had a bid accepted for this chap? I'm sure this was reported accepted a while a go?
Wigteke

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:05 am

@Wigteke wrote:I've seen a link today stating that we have had a bid accepted for this chap? I'm sure this was reported accepted a while a go?
That was the information that i passed on Wigteke. He was at BMH,shown around and had a medical. Just because he had a medical does not make it a done deal.....Does it ? It would appear that some people do not read posts for what they are. It was never said he had signed at all...People reading into posts things that are not there.
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigteke on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:11 am

@NARLA24 wrote:
@Wigteke wrote:I've seen a link today stating that we have had a bid accepted for this chap? I'm sure this was reported accepted a while a go?
That was the information that i passed on Wigteke. He was at BMH,shown around and had a medical. Just because he had a medical does not make it a done deal.....Does it ? It would appear that some people do not read posts for what they are. It was never said he had signed at all...People reading into posts things that are not there.

Apologies if I seem a little paranoid but I'm not sure if there is any sarcasm involved?

What I meant is on my Facebook feed I saw a talk sport link saying bid accepted but I have seen this already on TBAR. So you are saying you believe he has had a medical also?

Wigteke
Wigteke

Back to top Go down

Post by ember on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:15 am

@NARLA24 wrote:

I take your point about a medical not implying a done deal - a player can "fail" one, for a start. However, I've always understood players having medicals does rather imply a deal has been agreed by the parties involved - like Liverpool have announced the Firmino signing as being subject to a medical.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems a bit pointless performing medicals on players before agreement to sign takes place.
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:18 am

@Wigteke wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:

Apologies if I seem a little paranoid but I'm not sure if there is any sarcasm involved?

What I meant is on my Facebook feed I saw a talk sport link saying bid accepted but I have seen this already on TBAR. So you are saying you believe he has had a medical also?

Wigteke

I would guess NARLA'S post has no bearing on your post and in response to other posts.
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:29 am

@GadgetMan wrote:
@Wigteke wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:

Wigteke

I would guess NARLA'S post has no bearing on your post and in response to other posts.
I was just letting Wigteke know what happened, no sarcasm involved at all.
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigteke on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:40 am

@NARLA24 wrote:
@GadgetMan wrote:
@Wigteke wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:

Wigteke

Okay cool, sorry just its difficult to gauge sometimes.

How do you know that he's had a medical? I presume you have a source?

Sorry if I seem a little thick, I've been away from the forum for a while just playing catch up to the gossip!
Wigteke

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:06 pm

@Wigteke wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:
@GadgetMan wrote:
@Wigteke wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:

Wigteke

Sorry if I seem a little thick, I've been away from the forum for a while just playing catch up to the gossip!
I was just sharing something that came my way bud.
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Malandro on Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:17 pm

@NARLA24 wrote:
@Wigteke wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:
@GadgetMan wrote:
@Wigteke wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:

Wigteke

The way that you write a one-liner saying 'we've been taken over' and then disappear...mmmm Sleep
So last year.
Malandro

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:29 pm

@Malandro wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:
@Wigteke wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:
@GadgetMan wrote:
@Wigteke wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:

Wigteke

The way that you write a one-liner saying 'we've been taken over' and then disappear...mmmm Sleep
So last year.
If you wish to discuss the post that's fine .... if you're just here to sneer at the poster that isn't acceptable. There's another place to play that game as you well know Malandro.

villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:47 pm

I'm not sure I've ever heard of a player having a medical and not signing, unless it was directly linked to that medical.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:59 pm

@Joppe84 wrote:I'm not sure I've ever heard of a player having a medical and not signing, unless it was directly linked to that medical.
Well done mate, you edited your post just in time.

villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:00 pm

lol
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by Malandro on Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:08 pm

@villabromsgrove wrote:
@Malandro wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:
@Wigteke wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:
@GadgetMan wrote:
@Wigteke wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:

Wigteke

So last year.
If you wish to discuss the post that's fine .... if you're just here to sneer at the poster that isn't acceptable. There's another place to play that game as you well know Malandro.

If you post something as 'dramatic' as that - perhaps its worth questioning?
Malandro

Back to top Go down

Post by omariqy on Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:12 pm

Agreed terms, agreed a fee, conducted a medical and I'm assuming passed that medical and then he goes somewhere. Smells like dud info I'm afraid.

omariqy

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:17 pm

@Malandro wrote:
@villabromsgrove wrote:
@Malandro wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:
@Wigteke wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:
@GadgetMan wrote:
@Wigteke wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:

Wigteke

So last year.

If you post something as 'dramatic' as that - perhaps its worth questioning?
I totally agree with you. A lot of posters have questioned it with good reason. As long as it all stays friendly and respectful that's fine.

villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum