The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Jordan Amavi

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jordan Amavi

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:12 pm

No matter how poor he's been it still doesn't make sense to me, to drop him in favour of someone who's not even a full-back, or even left footed. Playing Bjarnasson at left full back is akin to playing Hourihane at right back.

I mean Bjarnasson's a goalscoring midfielder, think I read he got 20 in his last 60 games for Basel FC.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head on Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:25 pm

Agree. This is why I worry that Bruce will upset the balance of a formation to include too many like-minded players.

Wonder if Thor knew he'd be playing in a more defensive position - presumably it was discussed?
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:30 pm

Bruce had words with Amavi during the Brentford game and he went completely to shit after that conversation. So either Bruce gave instructions that were not conducive to how a left back should play or Amavi simply didn't understand. So maybe Bruce has sent him a msg that he'll happily play a right winger at left back if you fail to follow instruction.

It's a mental conclusion to draw but the best I can come up with.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot on Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:19 pm

@Trotters wrote:Bruce had words with Amavi during the Brentford game and he went completely to shit after that conversation. So either Bruce gave instructions that were not conducive to how a left back should play or Amavi simply didn't understand. So maybe Bruce has sent him a msg  that he'll  happily play a right winger at left back if you fail to follow instruction.

It's a mental conclusion to draw but the best I can come up with.

I understand that Bargnason, or however its spelt, often played on the left of midfield despite being a right footed player. With 3 CBs, he was in effect playing at left wingback. So maybe not as strange as it first appeared.
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:38 pm

Except that despite us playing with three centre-backs, our fullbacks were playing more as fullbacks rather than wingbacks. And Bjarnasson seemed to turn back towards our own goal whenever he received the ball.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum