The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Jordan Amavi

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jordan Amavi

Post by ViewFromT2 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:23 pm

@omariqy wrote:Agreed terms, agreed a fee, conducted a medical and I'm assuming passed that medical and then he goes somewhere.  Smells like dud info I'm afraid.

100%

You would not put a player through a medical that has not yet agreed to join....I was also told that he was at BMH last week by a guy I trust. However, on investigation, it appears that his info (and a lot of other recent info) is all coming from the same place, and as is the way of social media...you read the same info in 4 or 5 different places, and it suddenly becomes fact! In reality, the 5 places have all gotten the same (usually bogus) info.

I now don't even think he was at BMH at all last week.

The same "source" was adamant that Huddlestone was a done deal, had a medical booked and had been to BMH twice last week.....in reality, Huddlestone was in Barbados last week (pictures on line), with his ankle strapped and on crutches after having an operation following a season of recurring ankle problems. Don't think he would be having a medical!

ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Malandro on Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:03 pm

@villabromsgrove wrote:
@Malandro wrote:
@villabromsgrove wrote:
@Malandro wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:
@Wigteke wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:
@GadgetMan wrote:
@Wigteke wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:
@Wigteke wrote:I've seen a link today stating that we have had a bid accepted for this chap? I'm sure this was reported accepted a while a go?
That was the information that i passed on Wigteke. He was at BMH,shown around and had a medical. Just because he had a medical does not make it a done deal.....Does it ? It would appear that some people do not read posts for what they are. It was never said he had signed at all...People reading into posts things that are not there.

Apologies if I seem a little paranoid but I'm not sure if there is any sarcasm involved?

What I meant is on my Facebook feed I saw a talk sport link saying bid accepted but I have seen this already on TBAR. So you are saying you believe he has had a medical also?

Wigteke

I would guess NARLA'S post has no bearing on your post and in response to other posts.
I was just letting Wigteke know what happened, no sarcasm involved at all.

Okay cool, sorry just its difficult to gauge sometimes.

How do you know that he's had a medical? I presume you have a source?

Sorry if I seem a little thick, I've been away from the forum for a while just playing catch up to the gossip!
I was just sharing something that came my way bud.

The way that you write a one-liner saying 'we've been taken over' and then disappear...mmmm Sleep
So last year.
If you wish to discuss the post that's fine .... if you're just here to sneer at the poster that isn't acceptable. There's another place to play that game as you well know Malandro.

If you post something as 'dramatic' as that - perhaps its worth questioning?
I totally agree with you. A lot of posters have questioned it with good reason. As long as it all stays friendly and respectful that's fine.

Its difficult to avoid offence when you are saying you don't believe somebody. But if you disappear after posting something like that it just looks like you are after attention.

Malandro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:05 pm

We do have a member who knows a lot more about this side of football that most of us. Hopefully he'll pop in and have his say.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by ejs1111 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:05 pm

Bygones...

Can we please get back to discussing Amavi?? It does seem odd that reports are saying bid agreed earlier. Perhaps it's true he is waiting for his preferred destination Lyon??
ejs1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim on Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:07 pm

@omariqy wrote:Agreed terms, agreed a fee, conducted a medical and I'm assuming passed that medical and then he goes somewhere.  Smells like dud info I'm afraid.

All that was claimed was that he had a medical as far as I know. Also, has he gone elsewhere?
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by omariqy on Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:17 pm

I'm saying if he goes somewhere else sorry. My point is I doubt a medical would be arranged if he was considering his options. Unless he failed the medical?

omariqy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray on Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:31 pm

@omariqy wrote:I'm saying if he goes somewhere else sorry.  My point is I doubt a medical would be arranged if he was considering his options. Unless he failed the medical?

It takes a lot to fail a medical. You can have a medical whilst injured & still pass it

Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by James_Curtis on Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:54 pm

Omariqy- Unfortunately you are seeing this from a rational human being point of view in that gentlemen's agreement between a club and a player means they will sign. In the pure world this would be the case. *Enter agent*- An agent has a whole lot to do with this. The agent who generally will not be present at the medical and will until the player puts ink to that paper be trying to get a better deal.

When I read that it is unheard of of a player passing a medical then choosing to go somewhere else this is indeed rare. However, if after a medical a player chooses to play for somebody else then usually they will say he has failed. Saves a lot of embarrassment for the club that way and because they shouldn't disclose medical information they can usually get away with it. Ironically how rare it is if you read the back page of the mail today it is about Rob Kiernan, a player who passed the medical, chose to play for Rangers but then to save face BCFC said he failed when in truth he just wanted to play for Rangers. Alarm bells always ring when a player 'fails' a medical then signs for a team so soon after.

James_Curtis

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigteke on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:28 pm

We need the TBAR drone up and running again
Wigteke

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:01 am

Didn't Fofana fail his medical he had with us under the Houllier regime? I thought I remember it being reported as such and the anti-Houllier crowd used it as ammo to attack him as we missed out on "the next Viera."
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:06 am

Scarf Waving What the heck is going on with Jordan Amavi, this has been droning on for weeks now. I did hear that he is waiting for a better offer from Lyon? Who knows. It is starting to rack me off now, if he signs ok bit of business done, if not he can go back to France, either way I wish someone will make up there minds. Rant over ............. for now. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:56 am

Relax. We can't officially sign him until July 1st anyway. If he is stringing us along, and we don't know that at all, we'll have alternatives. His loss in that case.

As far as we know, we're the only ones to meet the fee, so he isn't going anywhere else at the moment, whether he wants to or not. If he has come for a medical, he's clearly interested in joining Villa.

Like I said, VERY early days. Chill.
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:32 am

I'm always tempted to say that if he doesn't want to come here then fuck him. But he's a young lad and so he'll be guided by his agent and we all know that they can be a bunch o' sugarbags.

If he's been advised to sit it out then that's what he'll do.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:45 am

Tyrone Mings (Ipswich left back) was someone that Sherwood said he liked before he became our manager. He's big, athletic, pacy and a good bloke as well.

villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:03 pm

@villabromsgrove wrote:Tyrone Mings (Ipswich left back) was someone that Sherwood said he liked before he became our manager. He's big, athletic, pacy and a good bloke as well.
He's gone to Bournemouth hasn't he?
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:56 pm

@kimbo wrote:
@villabromsgrove wrote:Tyrone Mings (Ipswich left back) was someone that Sherwood said he liked before he became our manager. He's big, athletic, pacy and a good bloke as well.
He's gone to Bournemouth hasn't he?
I've just seen that, he'll be a good addition to their first team.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules on Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:40 pm

Can't See This one Happening. Would've heard Something by now.

tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by rosco77 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:40 pm

6 days to go chaps
rosco77

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:11 pm

It's pretty obvious he never had a medical.

However it's been a lot of smoke regarding a LOT of players, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got "feelers" out for a group of players TS has identified. And I also wouldn't be surprised if nothing is happening because of the potential takeover. Like I've said before it seems the club's finances agreed upon before the exclusivity period started (during the due diligence), is crippling any transfers. We could probably sign players in the region for what we sold Lowton and Weimann, so about £ 3-4 million, but that's it. This is the very same reason why we signed Micah Richards and Darren Bent was released. Guess we gotta wait for any news regarding a new owner. That's my take on it anyway, seems so obvious from where I'm sitting Laughing
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:49 pm

@Joppe84 wrote:It's pretty obvious he never had a medical.

However it's been a lot of smoke regarding a LOT of players, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got "feelers" out for a group of players TS has identified. And I also wouldn't be surprised if nothing is happening because of the potential takeover. Like I've said before it seems the club's finances agreed upon before the exclusivity period started (during the due diligence), is crippling any transfers. We could probably sign players in the region for what we sold Lowton and Weimann, so about £ 3-4 million, but that's it. This is the very same reason why we signed Micah Richards and Darren Bent was released. Guess we gotta wait for any news regarding a new owner. That's my take on it anyway, seems so obvious from where I'm sitting Laughing

Is that on a faux suede sofa, in a darkened room, with the crying game on loop? Or is that just me guessing?

I agree with most of this, except I have no idea if he has or not had a medical. Could of agreed terms, had the medical and then got an offer off another club, so now weighing up options. Seems as plausible as your scenario to me.....from where I'm sitting Very Happy
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:42 pm

Why is it 'obvious' that he hasn't had a medical?
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:41 pm

I can't see the obvious either. Fee agreed betwern clubs, transfer window opens on  the 1st, more than plausible the medical has been done. I suspect it might not be announced until there is a feast day of media fun where new kit, new players and new owners all announced in one big carnival.

Joppe, do you have The Smiths playing on a loop?
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:47 pm

I'll gladly et humble pie all day long if he actually has had a medical, but agents, players, clubs etc. can't hold a transfer or medical a secret to save their lives. If it was the case it would be reported.

Why would you even hold back information about the signing if everything was in place? What can you possibly gain from it?

Oh and what's wrong with the Smiths :-D
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:50 pm

Just like Wilkins, he has been on talksport loads over the last couple of weeks and he has loads of media contacts and chums and not an inkling.

VP is as tight as a drum at the moment.
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:54 pm

You can't compare signing an assistant manager and one of the highest rated young left backs in France.

An example would be other clubs messageboards. Right now I'm looking at a man utd board and a Sunderland board and Nobody give Wilkins two seconds. Not mentioned what so ever. If we were signing amavi it would be talked about.

Last edited by Joppe84 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum