The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Jordan Amavi

+63
Boldfinger
4BetLite
jeffvilla
FoxyAV
DaveAV1
WendyOz
Terry Derry
Villa_Dan
Thinman
Lazarus
Dazzle
Cha Ching
andrew24561
mefromhere
avfc forever
KMitch
avfcjay
smetro
The Utterer
De Kuip
danclare82
féliré
VillaBill
Deano69
DN1982
avfc85
VTID85
Villa Ranger
CoE82
Villa jimmy
gaffer85
banneruk
Dansvilla75
rosco77
James_Curtis
Jamie Gray
ejs1111
Malandro
NARLA24
Wigteke
GadgetMan
ember
kimbo
Rawlie
Leafs1201
Born Under The Holte End
Jimmy Villian
HarryAVFC
DomAVFC
Andyh
fastbackace
Dgrizzle7
ViewFromT2
Mazrim
South London Villan
tbarrules
1Elliot
gdav
Randy
omariqy
Aesorian
mark_draper
villabromsgrove
67 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Jordan Amavi Empty Jordan Amavi

Post by Trotters Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:59 am

Report from our man NARLA saying he passed his medical at BMH today.

Last edited by Trotters on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Trotters
Trotters

Jordan Amavi 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Jordan Amavi Empty Re: Jordan Amavi

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:01 am

Trotters wrote:Report from our man NARLA saying he passed his medical at BMH today.
Being pedantic, that would be yesterday given the time of NARLA's post Very Happy . I'll wait for further news with interest.
villabromsgrove

Jordan Amavi 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:03 am

Ah. Ok. I just assume it's Friday night for everyone right now :) and that he was turning and coughing a few hours ago.

Anyway, who the hell is he? Anyone watch French football?
Trotters
Trotters

Jordan Amavi 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:10 am

I've heard this lad is supposed to be good?

I've never heard of him personally, but sounds promising.
mark_draper

Jordan Amavi 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesorian Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:42 am

I've only heard of him, but he sounds incredibly promising, like potentially world class promising, which if the rumour of him costing around 8m Euros it could be an absolute steal. I've done a bit of reading and this is what I've found so far:

While this has been his breakthrough season he's being touted as one of the BEST young french leftbacks in the world and considering that Mendy, Kurzawa and Digne all exist that is a HUGE amount of praise.

He not only got into Whoscored.com's Under21 European team of the season, but the main European XI as well, getting the second highest rating in Ligue 1 (7.74) only behind Ibrahimovic (7.75).

Defensivly he got into the top 5 for Tackles made per game (3.9), No. 1 for the most interceptions made per game (4.6) and accordng to Squwaka.com he made almost as many interceptions as he did clearances, which to put in perspective Cissokho made 4 times as many clearances than interceptions, Hutton 3 times as many. This has led him to making the MOST interceptions of any player in the top 5 European leagues.

Offensivly, no other full back made more successful dribbles per game in ligue 1, and is within the top 20 for the league. Finally, as far as I'm aware no other Left Back scored more than his 4 goals in Ligue 1.

WhoScored.com Strengths:
Dribbling, Ariel Duels, Ball Interception [Very Strong]
Crossing, Tackling [Strong]

WhoScored.com Weaknesses:
Holding on to the ball [Weak]

Style of Play:
Likes to dribble
Plays the ball off the ground often
Likes to play long balls
Indirect set-piece threat
Likes to tackle
Commits fouls often

Quotes/Praise:

He may only be 21, but despite Nice’s struggles near the bottom of the French table, Amavi has proven himself to be both a useful weapon offensively and a competent performer defensively.

While those around him have struggled, Amavi deserves immense credit for maintaining a consistent level of excellent performance and for developing his own game during the course of the campaign.

Amavi, despite his slender years, possesses the maturity and the in-game intelligence of a much older player

Source: http://www.caughtoffside.com/2015/03/27/jordan-amavi-destined-for-great-things-after-stunning-ligue-1-campaign/

Still a developing talent in his breakthrough season Amavi has tremendous potential and could be turning out for one of Europe’s top clubs as soon as next season. But he needs guaranteed game time to catch up with the likes of Digne and Kurzawa and then  breakinto the French national team.

Jordan Amavi has the potential to become a truly world class full back. He is playing exceptionally well for OGC Nice. His defensive stability and consistency this season set him apart from the rest. But he needs a better club than bottom of the table Nice to continue his  further development.

Source: http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/04/28/scout-report-jordan-amavi-nice-full-back/
Aesorian
Aesorian

Jordan Amavi 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:56 am

Would be exciting as he is highly thought of, but I have never seen him play.

Back to top Go down

Post by omariqy Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:05 pm

Sorry been away from the site for a while. NARLA reliable?
omariqy

Jordan Amavi 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:27 pm

omariqy wrote:Sorry been away from the site for a while.  NARLA reliable?

Get back onto twitter you fair weather poster Very Happy

two different posters said he was at BMH yesterday, so let's wait and see would be my advice!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Jordan Amavi 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by omariqy Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:33 pm

I only come back for the good stuff!
omariqy

Jordan Amavi 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:35 pm

Has this site ever gotten anything right? Genuine question. The acronym TBAR is basically known for "idiots spouting bullshit and claim to be ITK" on everything from HV to VT to Vital.

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:42 pm

Joppe84 wrote:

Has this site ever gotten anything right? Genuine question. The acronym TBAR is basically known for "idiots spouting bullshit and claim to be ITK" on everything from HV to VT to Vital.
You're entitled to your opinion, but it makes me wonder why you wish to spend time on TBAR if that is your honest opinion of us. Please try to fit in with our site rules and post respectfully. You've just insulted a large number of us.
villabromsgrove

Jordan Amavi 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:46 pm

Joppe84 wrote:

Why are you here then? Genuine question? You're treading a very fine line, so if you do wish to continue posting "amongst us idiots" then you need an attitude adjustment and fast.

These threads are for 'speculation' if you want hard facts, head over to the OS as that's the only place you'll get confirmed info. It's upto you, either post in a respectful manner or move on and debate us on another site....
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Jordan Amavi 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:48 pm

How can you honestly take that as an insult? Take a search mode at VillaTalk and look for ITK TBAR and that's basically what comes up.

When people continue to claim the ITK-card, surely it's only reasonable to ask if they ever is proven correct. Everyone knows half the forums around are filled with attention seeking kids claiming to be ITK.

If there actually are people that are proven to know people within the club here, well then that's pretty cool. If not, well then that's pretty sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Randy Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:58 pm

Wasn't NARLA previously PDC Lion? If so not a good track record on takeovers but lets hope his transfer rumour contact is better placed.
Randy

Jordan Amavi 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:03 pm

Joppe84 wrote:How can you honestly take that as an insult? Take a search mode at VillaTalk and look for ITK TBAR and that's basically what comes up.

When people continue to claim the ITK-card, surely it's only reasonable to ask if they ever is proven correct. Everyone knows half the forums around are filled with attention seeking kids claiming to be ITK.

If there actually are people that are proven to know people within the club here, well then that's pretty cool. If not, well then that's pretty sad.

You didn't answer the question, why are you here?

As for 'ITK' you're a year or so too late with that one. If you'd been a member longer than 2 days you'd have seen as mods we've worked hard to reign in people proclaiming to be ITK and also never endorse any particular info. We won't overly censor people and we think our members are intelligent enough to decide for themselves what and what not to believe. I couldn't care less what other forums say and you've just admitted all forums are full of people proclaiming to be ITK, a few minutes on twitter will give you the same impression, so are you going around all forums telling them what they are and stand for? You'd have been banned already on many of the forums.

We can take this two ways, you either show a little respect and we forget all about this (we take it offensively as it's OUR forum that we spend long hours on trying to make it better and build an environment, free of people who like to shout others down and stop others posting)

Or you disappear to one of the other forums you post on and continue your needlessly aggressive posting there. It's upto you!! We won't have people come onto our forum and slag it off as openly as you just have and then pretend to not know why it's offensive!! Over to you mate!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Jordan Amavi 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:07 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:How can you honestly take that as an insult? Take a search mode at VillaTalk and look for ITK TBAR and that's basically what comes up.

As for 'ITK' you're a year or so too late with that one. If you'd been a member longer than 2 days you'd have seen as mods we've worked hard to reign in people proclaiming to be ITK and also never endorse any particular info. We won't overly censor people and we think our members are intelligent enough to decide for themselves what and what not to believe. I couldn't care less what other forums say and you've just admitted all forums are full of people proclaiming to be ITK, a few minutes on twitter will give you the same impression, so are you going around all forums telling them what they are and stand for? You'd have been banned already on many of the forums.  

We can take this two ways, you either show a little respect and we forget all about this (we take it offensively as it's OUR forum that we spend long hours on trying to make it better and build an environment, free of people who like to shout others down and stop others posting)

Or you disappear to one of the other forums you post on and continue your needlessly aggressive posting there. It's upto you!! We won't have people come onto our forum and slag it off as openly as you just have and then pretend to not know why it's offensive!! Over to you mate!!
I think GM is being more than reasonable, and I strongly agree with what he's said to you Joppe.
villabromsgrove

Jordan Amavi 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:52 pm

Randy wrote:Wasn't NARLA previously PDC Lion? If so not a good track record on takeovers but lets hope his transfer rumour contact is better placed.

Hopefully as well placed as the karsa & Culverhouse sacking contact.

Last edited by gdav on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
gdav
gdav

Jordan Amavi 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:54 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

I think GM is being more than reasonable, and I strongly agree with what he's said to you Joppe.

I remember the banter on other forums from last year but since recently joining this forum I can honestly say the discussion topic & input are good. Yes there are some people who claim to know more than others ( and they may well be right for all I know ) but the mods have on more than one occassion reminded people that what they right is always 'only their opinion' & can't be confirmed until the club states it as fact. I am enjoying the debate / thoughts of other members on here & long may it continue...... Now who knows the next 5 players we are buying & when we will be bought Razz Scarf Waving
1Elliot
1Elliot

Jordan Amavi 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:58 pm

1Elliot wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

I remember the banter on other forums from last year but since recently joining this forum I can honestly say the discussion topic & input are good. Yes there are some people who claim to know more than others ( and they may well be right for all I know ) but the mods have on more than one occassion reminded people that what they right is always 'only their opinion' & can't be confirmed until the club states it as fact. I am enjoying the debate / thoughts of other members on here & long may it continue...... Now who knows the next 5 players we are buying & when we will be bought Razz Scarf Waving

Cheers for that 1Elliot Jordan Amavi 3769219917 much appreciated and nice feedback to get.

As for the next 5 players they are........... Jordan Amavi 498107619 haha!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Jordan Amavi 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by omariqy Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:09 pm

I enjoyed posting here before but will hardly ever believe any ITK info on here because of past record. You can still be respectful though and contribute. You don't have to insult if you don't believe someone.
omariqy

Jordan Amavi 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:13 pm

No problem, people are always quick to criticise but credit where credits due an enjoyable forum to debate the AVFC Very Happy
1Elliot
1Elliot

Jordan Amavi 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Randy Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:17 pm

gdav wrote:
Randy wrote:Wasn't NARLA previously PDC Lion? If so not a good track record on takeovers but lets hope his transfer rumour contact is better placed.

Hopefully as well place as the karsa & Culverhouse sacking contact.

So good for transfers and not so much for takeovers? I look forward the unveiling then. Never heard of him but we need a new left back.
Randy

Jordan Amavi 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:19 pm

Can't see this Being Reported anywhere else. Not sure this one is Happening guys
tbarrules

Jordan Amavi 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:23 pm

omariqy wrote:I enjoyed posting here before but will hardly ever believe any ITK info on here because of past record.  You can still be respectful though and contribute.  You don't have to insult if you don't believe someone.

Thing is the 'site' doesn't have any ITK we learned that lesson last year and have taken a firm stance on it since. We don't endorse ANY info that is shared We allow speculation (within reason) to be debated and discussed by members. We don't want this site to be based purely on that and had you of been around the last year you'd have seen there's a lot more to this site than speculation. We have blogs with exclusive content (Jonny Goulds blog was read by over 4000 people) we have a weekly diary, guest writers and much more. We can't delete the past. We can only work in the present and with an eye on the future.

Twitter has far more BS daily than All fan sites put together, but we all still post and decide for ourselves what to believe. As you said though, regardless of all that, being respectful is a must. If anyone can't show basic courtesy and respect to the site and each other then for me they're not welcome. Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Jordan Amavi 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:27 pm

tbarrules wrote:Can't see this Being Reported anywhere else. Not sure this one is Happening guys

There's several French newspapers linking us to him saying we'd had a bid accepted, as well as the Mail saying there's interest. As for the medical bit, two seperate posters have said he was at BMH yesterday, we will have to wait and see on that one. Time will tell...
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Jordan Amavi 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next