The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

A Football Manager Summer...

Go down

A Football Manager Summer...

A contribution from début writer Will Forrest - you can catch Will on Twitter at @WFAPEX - I'm sure we can get him to join the site too...  Very Happy

All Villa fans have fancied ourselves as potential future managers at some point in our life, whether creating your perfect Villa team on FIFA, bantering with fellow fans in the Holte Suite or playing Football Manager on your phone.

I'm certainly no different, even at the age of 28! I've even recently bought a gilet!!

Alas I would like to think that I am much wiser than I once was. There was a time when the Mighty Villa would win the league every season in my eyes, without having to pick the ball out of the back of the net once. We'd also be the preferred destination for any footballer whether it was Zidane, Bergkamp or Steve Stone.

Nowadays I'm realistic and this summer will be massive. I truly believe that Tim has worked wonders with the players he has , getting them to perform brilliantly on a regular basis. Most of these players need to be kept... In my opinion Westwood, Delph, Grealish, Benteke, Clark & Okore are musts to keep but I know the chances of keeping Benteke are slim.

Which makes me ask "who replaces him?". For me Tim could get the best out of any striker, but the one who is love to wear our famous colours is Jordan Rhodes. 

He's scored goals for fun in League 1 and the Championship. He's a British player and he can lead the line. Rhodes, with the service we now provide, can do the same in our league. I think for 10m he'd be worth a gamble and would be ours. A bargain, especially if Benteke attracts 30m+....but he needs to be sold abroad.

Charlie Austin & Danny Ings are other great shouts but they'll go to clubs who've been doing better than is in recent times .

Of the others I hope Tim sells -
Weimann, Tonev, Sylla, Vlaar (free), Guzan , Sanchez, Baker, Cole & Helenius. None will get big fees but will create squad space.

Hopefully Tim gives a chance to -
Robinson, Kinsella, Green, Calder, Gardner, Bennett and Toner as all could become big players.

Apart from Rhodes I don't mind who Tim gets in, as he'll get them playing. Seeing a confident Gardner make the Villa shirt his own would be nice, plus the signing of Sinclair is a welcome addition .

But as I say, I have Faith and have no opinion (at present) on who we bring in.

In Tim Sherwood I Trust.
Long may his reign continue.
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

A Football Manager Summer... :: Comments

Post on Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:43 pm by villabromsgrove

Nice piece Will, I disagree with you about Guzan and Baker, they're both top Villa players imo, but the rest of your blog is excellent. Jordan Rhodes is a top finisher but woefully short on pace. Could he cut it in the Premier league? Cheers mate.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum