The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ?

+46
De Kuip
Boldfinger
Fpuppys
Alf T
Dgrizzle7
Stratfordvilla
bruka
tonyp
Con
EbeneezerGoode
féliré
4BetLite
Thinman
KMitch
ViewFromT2
worcesterkev
FoxyAV
mefromhere
achilles
jeffvilla
The Utterer
villajk
ember
Synopsis
WendyOz
Villa_Dan
Terry Derry
gdav
UnclePanda
NARLA24
Dazzle
avfc85
The Great white walnut
VTID85
AntJac
bazzah
Jamie Gray
Cha Ching
andrew24561
Mazrim
villabromsgrove
avfc forever
VillaBill
South London Villan
GadgetMan
kimbo
50 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Jack Grealish - How far can he go ?

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:05 pm

I'll always defer to Sir Bobby on Zog. World class talent ruined by lower league attitude. no one can deny he's got talent but he's never shown any interest in truly applying himself and pushing himself.

No one knows if Grealish has more talent than him, and that is the problem - neither have applied themselves enough to prove it one way or the other. Grealish still has time, but he's at the crossroads and the decision has to be made now
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Jack Grealish - How far can he go ?

Post by WendyOz Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:28 pm

Jack the lad reminds me of George Best. The way he played last season and the way he behaves. We all know what happened with George. It would be very sad to see another kid with potential on the scrap heap before he's 25.
I remember seeing Georgie at Palma airport at 2am, smashed outta his gourd.
WendyOz
WendyOz

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:42 am

If I was Grealish I would be busting my balls to get a move away from Villa to a top side, regardless of my allegiance as a fan, no decent clubs going to want someone who brings the wrong kind of media attention with him, and no big brands are going to want to sponsor someone who acts like an extra from Geordie Shore.
Lads destroying his own future every time he gets photographed like this in what is a very short career as it is. Never mind, theres always a future of 'training' 5 yr olds at Washwood Heath Park waiting for you lad.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:38 pm

I fear for him, he's possibly impenetrable when it comes to help and good advice. After his summer exploits one might think he'd taken stock, straightened up and resolved to fly right. Surely he's had people in his ear exhorting him to do just that.

Unfortunately, the magnificent Sir Bronn of the Blackwater accurately summed it up once, "There's no cure for being a c*nt". It may be this applies to Grealish as well.
ember
ember

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:53 pm

Very bad decisions from a young lad, old saying you cant put an old head on young shoulders, however he is acting like a right cxxt. Also his alleged mate don't help. Pick your friends carefully Jack because its the fair weather kind will be Fecking off once the money gone. VTID UTV  Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:12 pm

jimbop wrote:bit off topic but I was with my niece yesterday whom ive mentioned knows grealish very well, I asked her did she read the news about him and she said "yeah but how is that news, he is off his head many weekends, only the other week he was out with bacuna and they were both off their heads on vodka!

Re-quoted it here, as it seems more appropriate.

This season could easily make or break him, he obviously has no sense of responsibility to anybody except himself it seems.
achilles
achilles

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:16 pm

I've always enjoyed watching him play, although he did look lacklustre against Everton. In Garde I trust to sort him out. We've got a cracking player in there, whatever you miserable lot say Very Happy
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:32 pm

Too true FoxyAV
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:10 pm

One of the ironies of life is that the things which make you look like the life & soul of the party, Mr tough guy and a big turn on for the ladies reverses as you get older, then those exact same things make you look weak, stupid and repulsive to the ladies.

Maybe at Christmas the ghost of Christmas future can take Jack on a journey to glimpse what his future will look like if he carries on like this.

The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:44 am

Bloody thank you The Utterer, I got the image of Grealish dad dancing in my head, it wont go away, !!!!!!!!!!!!
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:44 am

achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:40 pm

I just checked and the U21 match tonight against Derby is on AVTV and Grealish will be playing. Sure, the commentary will be terrible, but a little light relief if you are housebound, have an AVTV subscription and have absolutely sod all to do like me (Foxy jr currently 37 days old and asleep on my chest!).
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:59 pm

I had my hopes pinned on Foxy Jr being our new good luck charm.

Try again..quickly!!
Trotters
Trotters

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:49 pm

Trotters wrote:I had my hopes pinned on Foxy Jr being our new good luck charm.

Try again..quickly!!

Well, he's only been present (albeit asleep) for one Villa match (tonight's) and we won 2-0!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:38 pm

FoxyAV wrote:

Try again..quickly!!

Well, he's only been present (albeit asleep) for one Villa match (tonight's) and we won 2-0!

Unless he's magic enough to change the score it was 2-1 Wink
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:44 pm

mefromhere wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

Try again..quickly!!

Unless he's magic enough to change the score it was 2-1 Wink

Whoops!

He can't kick a ball yet (or support himself, or talk, or do anything much apart from feed, cry, poo and sleep) but I reckon he'd still make a better LB than Richardson.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:28 am

He's through a tough time atm. Garde telling him his been poor and the crowd jeering him (apparantly, I wasn't there).

Am I the only one seeing the obvious solution here? It seriously boggles my mind how anyone can't see how this player should be developed.

He should be told to focus on work rate and physique. If he gets that sorted he can play as a creative outlet in central midfield (a bit like Pirlo, though a shit version).

Right now people are playing him on the wing and it's just not working cause the boy has ZERO pace. He isn't very good at beating his man either. What he has is creativity, passing and a football brain.

I'm sorry about this whine, but it seriously grinds my gears.

Back to top Go down

Post by worcesterkev Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:58 am

While I do not agree with the jeering it was warranted. He had so many poor touches, walked around in a world of his own and was repeatedly found falling over every time an opposition player went near him, it was embarrasing in the extreme and if he was an opposition player we would have slaughtered him. He has to earn respect from the fans, he does not need to be a world beater but he could at least show some interest. Yes he is lacking in confidence but he really should know the basics in how to control a ball and lay off a pass.
worcesterkev

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:12 am

Garde needs to concentrate on working with Grealish and the coaches to help him through. He does have talent but he's not necessarily a winger (although nor, it seems, is Sinclair). Am I imagining it or was there a match last season when he and Gil roamed around wherever they wanted behind Benteke and looked really good? And true to Sherwood's management philosophy it never happened again?

Lambert was wary of letting Grealish loose but Sherwood occasionally made it work. It seems there's some man management needed, not just public beration for beeing a kid and doing what kids do, and being told off after having a bad match. He needs some confidence.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:32 am

Sherwood convinced Grealish that he's the next big thing and he's bought into his own hype. 3 good performances in the last 9 months
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:36 am

To be honest he played centrally quite a bit last night...he was bullied by Wycombe, that's all it was. He couldn't deal wit the physical challenge.
He had a nightmare in terms of his touches and passes...that happens to all players at times....but the way he was bullied was the most worrying.

His work ethic is non existent, when he loses the ball he rarely (if ever) works to get it back.

The thing I have never understood is the way fans froth up over Grealish...and yet slaughter Westwood? If you watch the game, they are actually very similar players except one works hard and one doesn't, their use of the ball is almost identical....10 yards sideways or straight back where it came from!

Substituting him for Gil last night was greeted with cheers....rightly so. We scored minutes later!
Gil gets the ball and his first thought is to turn and run at players....he did that immediately last night and we looked a different team last 20 minutes.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:55 am

Remember his debut against Hull last season, where he drew 7 fouls and caused most of the Hull team to pick up yellow cards in 15 minutes? Jack got back to his feet each time he went down, brushed himself off, didn't let it phase him, and got back to it. Every time he got the ball he drove at the opposition and tried to make something happen. He was absolutely fearless, and that's what made the fans love him at the time. Now? Just a year and a half later, he's lost all the hunger he had before. It's partially Sherwood's fault for blowing smoke up his ass and making him believe he is the next Ronaldo, but mostly his own for believing it. He hasn't progressed as a footballer since he broke through and I think another loan would do him wonders at this point.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:48 am

yup, should send him off to the arse end of nowhere for 6 months, if for no other reason than to remind him where he will likely end up if he doesn't sort his head out
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:13 am

Send him to Scotland. That'll at least make him realise how lucky he is!!!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:15 pm

above wrote:work ethic

Exactly. I'd argue work rate / work ethic is the most important attribute a young player can have. This is why a lot of our academy players infuriates me. A bit like Luke Moore, Delfouneso in the sense that people had high expectations, but they showed zero interest in working for it.

In fact I can only think of three-four players where the work ethic stood out to me, one was Steven Davis, another was Gary Cahill. And arguably Clark, Baker and Ridgewell. And to be fair, a young Agbonlahor worked his socks off. Now unfortunately he's shit, uninterested and lazy.

This really is something they need to focus on at BMH and the academy. You can have all the talent in the world, but it means dick if your head isn't in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next