The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ?

+46
De Kuip
Boldfinger
Fpuppys
Alf T
Dgrizzle7
Stratfordvilla
bruka
tonyp
Con
EbeneezerGoode
féliré
4BetLite
Thinman
KMitch
ViewFromT2
worcesterkev
FoxyAV
mefromhere
achilles
jeffvilla
The Utterer
villajk
ember
Synopsis
WendyOz
Villa_Dan
Terry Derry
gdav
UnclePanda
NARLA24
Dazzle
avfc85
The Great white walnut
VTID85
AntJac
bazzah
Jamie Gray
Cha Ching
andrew24561
Mazrim
villabromsgrove
avfc forever
VillaBill
South London Villan
GadgetMan
kimbo
50 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Jack Grealish - How far can he go ?

Post by kimbo Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:07 pm

Yeah, saw that. Quite like the way the club have handled it. "Yeah alright, we know what happened, we're handling it"
kimbo
kimbo

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Jack Grealish - How far can he go ?

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:10 pm

kimbo wrote:Yeah, saw that. Quite like the way the club have handled it. "Yeah alright, we know what happened, we're handling it"
He's got to come back and face Sherwood and his Mum! That's punishment enough.
villabromsgrove

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:17 pm

of it the papers will soon latch onto it & give himself a reputation for being a loose cannon (which he's not). Plus when your physical health is an asset worth several million pounds you can't be getting so drunk you pass out in a road. He can/will have an amazingly privileged life, but in return he has to be accountable for his behaviour & make certain sacrifices. No one is saying don't have fun, but he needs to be a little more discreet!

Jamie Gray

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:24 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:of it the papers will soon latch onto it & give himself a reputation for being a loose cannon (which he's not). Plus when your physical health is an asset worth several million pounds you can't be getting so drunk you pass out in a road. He can/will have an amazingly privileged life, but in return he has to be accountable for his behaviour & make certain sacrifices. No one is saying don't have fun, but he needs to be a little more discreet!

Yeah absolutely. It's annoying but hell, if he decides to play for England then the papers will want to destroy him even more, because I mean, why would the media want to be supportive of anyone in the national team?

Hopefully this is the last incident of its kind. If it's not, I'll start to get pissed off at him but right now, the club should just deal with it and let that be the end of it.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:32 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:of it the papers will soon latch onto it & give himself a reputation for being a loose cannon (which he's not). Plus when your physical health is an asset worth several million pounds you can't be getting so drunk you pass out in a road. He can/will have an amazingly privileged life, but in return he has to be accountable for his behaviour & make certain sacrifices. No one is saying don't have fun, but he needs to be a little more discreet!

I agree with what you say JG, but it's easier to talk common sense when you're in your mid thirties. Jack will learn by experience, but in my opinion it's too much to expect a 19 year old to handle the trappings of suddenly becoming a rich sporting celebrity without coming unstuck.

That's why I think he needs his family to work with the club to make sure that he's in a reasonably safe environment during his non football time.

Man U learnt by the bitter experience of George Best's very sad demise, and they handled Ryan Gigg's young talent brilliantly. Their successful 'minding' of the Young Giggs must have contributed to his very long and brilliant career.

It's harder to protect a young footballer in 2015 than it was in 1990, but it needs to be done.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:33 pm

Tim Sherwood after the "hippy-crack" pictures appeared in the paper, this extract is from Daily Mail website on 23 April...not even two months ago:

Sherwood said on Thursday: ‘I’m not pleased. I spoke to Jack first thing this morning as he came in, I explained to him his behaviour can’t be tolerated by the football club.

‘He did not come in here with the “I’m only young, I’m allowed to get away with it” attitude. He was very ashamed and does not like the bad publicity. He’s assured me it won’t happen again.’

Don't forget...those pics were a year old at the time...and Sherwood deemed it unacceptable behaviour for a professional footballer!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:44 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:

I agree with what you say JG, but it's easier to talk common sense when you're in your mid thirties. Jack will learn by experience, but in my opinion it's too much to expect a 19 year old to handle the trappings of  suddenly becoming a rich sporting celebrity without coming unstuck.

That's why I think he needs his family to work with the club to make sure that he's in a reasonably safe environment during his non football time.

Man U learnt by the bitter experience of George Best's very sad demise, and they handled Ryan Gigg's young talent brilliantly. Their successful 'minding' of the Young Giggs must have contributed to his very long and brilliant career.

It's harder to protect a young footballer in 2015 than it was in 1990, but it needs to be done.

Don't buy it...don't buy it at all. After George Best, Man Utd had Norman Whiteside and Lee Sharpe...neither of them were 'minded' by the club!
No doubt they were afforded the same advice and protection as Giggs initially, but it's down to the individual and whether they 'want' to listen to sound advice.

Grealish was warned by Sherwood less than 2 months ago about his responsibilities as a professional footballer....does that sound like a kid that puts his career before everything else? To me it's a classic case of too much, too young. He has achieved the square root of sod all in the game...yet clearly is starting to believe his own hype and carrying on like he's made it!

Also..I believe this is his 3rd holiday since the cup final (someone on here said?)...no problem with that as such, but where is the sensible advice from his father...or is he off enjoying the fortunes of Jack's talent too?

I seriously doubt that this will be the last time young Mr Grealish attracts the wrong type of headline unfortunately, shame really.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:52 pm

If Jack had a manager/agent who wasn't his dad then this wouldn't have happened. I've said before, he needs to ditch the guy and become a true professional
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:55 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:If Jack had a manager/agent who wasn't his dad then this wouldn't have happened. I've said before, he needs to ditch the guy and become a true professional

Totally agree....his dad doesn't have the greatest reputation either, but I've never met him so will reserve judgment.

We could ask Roy Keane though Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 2 498107619
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:00 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:

I agree with what you say JG, but it's easier to talk common sense when you're in your mid thirties. Jack will learn by experience, but in my opinion it's too much to expect a 19 year old to handle the trappings of  suddenly becoming a rich sporting celebrity without coming unstuck.

I tried to cut & paste my comments from where I'd written it in the wrong place, but obviously missed the first bit! I said what you've just said!!! Bloody iPhones!! I feel for him, he's on a steep learning curve. I was talking to some folk on Twitter who said he's 19 & should be able to do what he wants in the off season as long as he turns up for pre season fit, but I disagree with this. He's in the public eye & rightly or wrongly he can't live the life of a normal 19 year old.
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:11 pm

Christ can you imagine what his mum will say when he get off the plane. He must be s**ting himself. Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 2 498107619
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:19 pm

Jack hopefully has learnt a salient lesson in that in this modern era what goes on tour doesn't always stay on tour.

It is great that you have good friends that you have known since childhood but as a high profile footballer your friends also have a responsibility to you and if they are your friends they will want you to be the best that you possibly can be also.

They need to make sure that if you do go out and cut loose, you do not cut loose to the extent that you will make the wrong headlines. That you go to places where you won't be tempted to over indulge and allow others to profit from your high jinks and that you have friends who you can trust implicitly and won't use your name to get their 5 minutes of fame.

Unfortunately, Jack's friends have to realise that not only has he changed from the lad at school he had to change in order to pursue his career, don't be jealous of him, help him.

Last edited by South London Villan on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:19 pm

jeffvilla wrote:Christ can you imagine what his mum will say when he get off the plane. He must be s**ting himself. Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 2 498107619

"Get to your room NOW! No Cebeebies for a week Jack!!!"
bazzah

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:30 pm

He's 19 and on holiday, so I'm not really bothered about hm doing something I've done more than I care to, or can, remember.

That said, if he keeps getting into the press for being a gobshite, then he'll have to learn he has a duty to behave for the club's reputation. And his own.
Also, the more he makes headlines, the more the press will hound him for it.

Play it smart Jack FFS. He could be the best thing to happen to this club in years, it would be a shame if he ruined that by being a gazzaesque piss artist.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by AntJac Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:34 pm

How far can Jack go? Probably the Gazza route at this rate.
AntJac

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:55 pm

I think we should keep some perspective.

He hasn't spit roasted some teenagers or wrapped his Porsche around a bus stop. He's just got clattered with his mates on holiday and got light headed from a balloon.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:37 pm

Apparently it was all a 'prank' and he was acting, hence the carefully placed fags and beer!!

If it is indeed a prank, it's a poor one that's backfired, but jeez! Let's all move on (I mean the press etc) much ado about nothing. I've been told on more than one occasion he doesn't drink. Or is pretty much teetotal.

Maybe it was a Rooney gets knocked out prank that has gone a bit Pete Tong. If so, it will be a steep learning curve and I feel a little sorry for him.

Let's see, either way as long as he now knows how this fame thing works he will be all the wiser (hopefully) for it.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:02 pm

Mazrim wrote:I think we should keep some perspective.

He hasn't spit roasted some teenagers or wrapped his Porsche around a bus stop. He's just got clattered with his mates on holiday and got light headed from a balloon.

Absolutely.

Whole load of hyperbole and miserable over-reaction.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:56 pm

Cracking article, this. I linked to it via our Twitter feed on the right but felt it was worth putting in here too.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/28/jack-grealish-aston-villa-gaelic-football?CMP=share_btn_tw
Trotters
Trotters

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:28 pm

He was a different gravy against Palace and Notts County, add a goal or 2 to his game and he'll be arguably our best player
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:17 am

I really don't care what he did on his vacation. While it might be unwanted attention for the club, I did far far worse at his age so how can I take the moral high ground.

His talent is pretty obvious. I just hope he doesn't get injury plagued like a certain arsenal midfielder.

The ONLY gripe I have with Jack is that he has to take his shots (pun intended). With such a balance and amazing ability to get free from his marker, he needs to curl a few in the net.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great white walnut Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:06 am

I'm probably not the first to say it but I think has has a bit of Chris Waddle about him, if he can avoid injury he can be every bit as good, if not better
The Great white walnut
The Great white walnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:59 am

I think he'd walk into just about any team in the league outside the top 4. And I suspect he'll be able to walk into those given two more seasons.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:35 pm

Can we assume he has been told by Woy that he will be in the squad this summer (fitness assumed)...hence why he has now chosen England?

Absolute shoe in for the next squad, obviously.....is he good enough to make an impact at International level?

I think his languid style could be more suited to international football, where generally there is more time on the ball. He also has the ability to pick out runners with his passing.

Cue the never ending links to Spurs now, and the £50m bid from Citeh in January!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:47 pm

I think he'll fit right into the England way of looking incredible against lesser teams and then looking clueless against the best. I like Jack but that's where he is at right not - he doesn't win games on his own
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next