The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ?

+46
De Kuip
Boldfinger
Fpuppys
Alf T
Dgrizzle7
Stratfordvilla
bruka
tonyp
Con
EbeneezerGoode
féliré
4BetLite
Thinman
KMitch
ViewFromT2
worcesterkev
FoxyAV
mefromhere
achilles
jeffvilla
The Utterer
villajk
ember
Synopsis
WendyOz
Villa_Dan
Terry Derry
gdav
UnclePanda
NARLA24
Dazzle
avfc85
The Great white walnut
VTID85
AntJac
bazzah
Jamie Gray
Cha Ching
andrew24561
Mazrim
villabromsgrove
avfc forever
VillaBill
South London Villan
GadgetMan
kimbo
50 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 8 Empty Re: Jack Grealish - How far can he go ?

Post by mefromhere Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:01 pm

So Jack is happy to be back training and wanting to play for Villa and we're supposed to be angry at him because ... ?

Garde was completely useless and Jack's dad, a Villa fan, is happy that he's no longer in charge of the club and his son might get to play again. It's not very professional but he's still entitled to his opinion.

There's not a story to see here
mefromhere
mefromhere

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 8 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 8 Empty Re: Jack Grealish - How far can he go ?

Post by EbeneezerGoode Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:20 am

Grealishs dad is a complete fuckwit. Hes half the lads fucking problem.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 8 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:33 am

EbeneezerGoode wrote:Grealishs dad is a complete fuckwit. Hes half the lads fucking problem.

I've been saying the same for months. How can the guy be Jack's agent??
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 8 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:01 pm

He's an abusive, obnoxious shitbag who is about as far away from being a professional agent as it's possible to get. Him and his lad sum Aston Villa 2015/16 up perfectly: smarmy gits who could not give a fuck.

Trotters
Trotters

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 8 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:11 pm

Sorry, I've seen next to nothing from Grealish that shows me he's anything close to being as big as the hype. A good semi-final against Liverpool for me thus far, and that's it. The rest of the column inches have been taken up about him being pissed, inhaling gas, being in an England/Ireland tug of war, tweeting shit. That's it. Hardly the impact of a 16yr old Wayne Rooney, or a Ross Barkley, or a Harry Kane, or a Rasford, or a Dele Alli, or a Ryan Giggs.........I could go on, but I know it'll be lost on most wearing those claret tinted NHS glasses.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:10 pm

You know that's an interesting point, Alli's around the same age and no ones saying give him a couple of years and he could be a good player. He just IS a good player.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:51 pm

So the press has hyped him and that's his fault, or is the dislike because everyone thinks he believes the hype when he hasn't done much to deserve it?

I'm just not sure why all the hate. It's not like he's Gabby, who claims to be Mr Villa but really doesn't give a shit. Like Albrighton before him, Grealish is a Villa fan, what happened to us wanting players to be loyal to the club? I wonder if Alli would look so good and be playing with such confidence if he was occasionally dropped into the completely disinterested and fragmented Villa squad that was never the same lineup from one game to the next? What if he had Gestede, Gueye and Richardson to play with, would he look as good?

We bang on about the academy not producing good enough players, I wonder why that is? It's a highly rated academy and we've had some success at junior level.

His dad might be a (Villa supporting) dick who wants the best for his son, but I fail to see what Grealish has done wrong. Sure, we've had some world class managers in Lambert, Sherwood and Garde and he's been playing with the aforementioned world class players like Gestede and Richardson so to not shine in that company has got to be a black mark against his name but what else?

Any possibility the haters can give Grealish some slack and see if we get in a decent manager who can work with him?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:03 pm

FoxyAV wrote:So the press has hyped him and that's his fault, or is the dislike because everyone thinks he believes the hype when he hasn't done much to deserve it?

I'm just not sure why all the hate. It's not like he's Gabby, who claims to be Mr Villa but really doesn't give a shit. Like Albrighton before him, Grealish is a Villa fan, what happened to us wanting players to be loyal to the club? I wonder if Alli would look so good and be playing with such confidence if he was occasionally dropped into the completely disinterested and fragmented Villa squad that was never the same lineup from one game to the next? What if he had Gestede, Gueye and Richardson to play with, would he look as good?

We bang on about the academy not producing good enough players, I wonder why that is? It's a highly rated academy and we've had some success at junior level.

His dad might be a (Villa supporting) dick who wants the best for his son, but I fail to see what Grealish has done wrong. Sure, we've had some world class managers in Lambert, Sherwood and Garde and he's been playing with the aforementioned world class players like Gestede and Richardson so to not shine in that company has got to be a black mark against his name but what else?

Any possibility the haters can give Grealish some slack and see if we get in a decent manager who can work with him?

Personally I think that is a bit strong, can any supporters actually 'hate' any players playing for their club?
It seems bizarre to me!
I certainly dislike certain players playing for AVFC on their attitude and ability but NEVER hate them!
They play for my club for goodness sake (sometimes unfortunately).
achilles
achilles

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 8 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:14 pm

Alli played very well for MK Dons who i would argue are around the same standard as this current Villa squad. My problem with Grealish is born of frustration. I remember the Hull game last year where he was getting kicked lumps out of because he was taking players on and I thought that he could be a good player. The problem is that Jack seems to turn in a good performance and then get a bad case of the "I'm a superstars" and wonder round with his head up his arse for the next few months. I blame his old man personally for blowing smoke up his arse and not giving him a clout when he gets too big for his boots. The whole England vs Ireland thing smacked of a dad getting invokved in his sons career and giving him bad advice. If Jack wants the "haters" back on side he needs to see next season for what it is, an opportunity for him to get his head down, concentrate on his football and make himself a hero in the fans eyes. It really wouldn't take much. I think there every Villa fan would love to see Jack succeed and help the club succeed. He needs to make a decision, does he carry on believing his own hype and become the next Gabbu or does he rember that he is a fan of this club with a lot of unfulfilled potential and work hard to realise it ?
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:20 pm

FoxyAV wrote:So the press has hyped him and that's his fault, or is the dislike because everyone thinks he believes the hype when he hasn't done much to deserve it?

It's not a case of hate, I can't see how anyone here would hate Jack Grealish. It's about reality and being a professional, being aware of your talent and putting that talent to its best use. Some people in life do, some people in life let it slip by. At the moment it would seem Grealish might let it slip by. Dele Alli was producing the goods at MK Dons, Dele Alli is producing the goods under Pochettino, Dele Alli is producing the goods under Roy Hodgson. A professional player will be open to new ideas and thoughts from any manager, and will accordingly do his best all the time to evolve. You cannot down tools and sulk when things don't go 100% your way, and moan about change. That's reality. The difference between making it and failing at the top level is mostly in the head, it's that extra 1 or 2% where the head is strong. At the moment that is why Dele Alli will go to a major championship and why Jack Grealish will probably be in Ibiza trying to impress hangers on with his wads of cash and drinking ability. There's plenty of time to party WHEN you have actually achieved something.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:27 pm

I don't hate Grealish, I am frustrated with him
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:45 pm

He's a young man with time and money on his hands - now and again he will screw up !

I think we should keep it in perspective - we need him to be great for us..
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:58 pm

I think that most Villa fans, among all the shit displayed on the field, are actually desperate for a hero to emerge on the playing field. Jack has that opportunity, the question is will he grasp it!

Talking about frustration, Gil is another who springs to mind, obviously very talented but where has the player gone that arrived at the club?
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:10 pm

The thing is no one's expecting him to bang in 20 a season or be a PFA player of the year. He'd be a hero to the fans if he put a shift in every game (would bee nice if he scored a few too).
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:05 pm

achilles wrote:

Personally I think that is a bit strong, can any supporters actually 'hate' any players playing for their club?
It seems bizarre to me!

Dazzle wrote:It's not a case of hate, I can't see how anyone here would hate Jack Grealish.

ember wrote:Horrible little shitcunt. Glad to see that, apart from a few retards telling him how great he is, he's getting shit for this.

Hopefully he's one of the first out of the door when we go down and if it transpired he suffered a career-ending injury on first day of training with the new club, I'd be all kinds of distraught.

Terry Derry wrote:
ember wrote:Horrible little shitcunt. Glad to see that, apart from a few retards telling him how great he is, he's getting shit for this.

Hopefully he's one of the first out of the door when we go down and if it transpired he suffered a career-ending injury on first day of training with the new club, I'd be all kinds of distraught.

Totally agree. Get fucking rid!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:57 pm

EbeneezerGoode wrote:Grealishs dad is a complete fuckwit. Hes half the lads fucking problem.
The twat was parading around the pitch at Everton as if he was a superstar. Half time penalty shoot out with all the plebs cheering him. The bloke is a sugarbag.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:57 pm

Grealish needs to learn how to shoot if he is going to be better than Albrighton.

Right now I'm not sure he is better than Albrighton because - at least before his injury earlier this year - I did not see further development in his game. Albrighton has a great cross and can shoot a bit. Grealish shoots like a girl. No, there are female soccer players with better shooting ability than him.

He has bad games because his offensive play is one dimensional because he cannot shoot, and he does not contribute much to the defence. You can forgive not tracking back and tackling if a player consistently produces up front but Grealish is too easy to neutralize because he himself is not a direct goalscoring threat.
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:10 pm

From a source pretty close to Grealish.

Hes perfectly happy to stay at Villa next season. He will only move if the club want to sell him
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:15 pm

At least he hasn't discovered a new injury like some players and appears to want to play!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:17 pm

smetro wrote:From a source pretty close to Grealish.

Hes perfectly happy to stay at Villa next season. He will only move if the club want to sell him

I want us to keep him. He's the sort of young English players we should build the club around and the club would be mad to sell him. However I'm not sure that he's as good as some people claim. I hope to be proven wrong, but I just haven't seen it. I hope he develops further. I still think his best position is a deep laying playmaker.

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu May 12, 2016 4:46 pm

Grealish picked for England U21s in the summer Toulon tournament, can only be a good thing, hope he impresses!
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Thu May 12, 2016 4:59 pm

Dazzle Wayne Rooney, or a Ross Barkley, or a Harry Kane, or a Rasford, or a Dele Alli, or a Ryan Giggs have one thing in common they all play with good players ,Jack dose not have that luxury there's no one in villas team ,put him in a good team with players on his wave and you would see something special FACT
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu May 12, 2016 5:30 pm

VillaBill wrote:Grealish picked for England U21s in the summer Toulon tournament, can only be a good thing, hope he impresses!

Nothing ever good comes out of Villa players getting international callups, except transfers away from Villa Park due to them thinking they are better than they really are and/or wanting more money after seeing/hearing what other players earn!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Thu May 12, 2016 5:45 pm

achilles wrote:
VillaBill wrote:Grealish picked for England U21s in the summer Toulon tournament, can only be a good thing, hope he impresses!

Nothing ever good comes out of Villa players getting international callups, except transfers away from Villa Park due to them thinking they are better than they really are and/or wanting more money after seeing/hearing what other players earn!

Any chance of Gabby or Lescott getting a call up then?
andrew24561
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu May 12, 2016 7:16 pm

andrew24561 wrote:
achilles wrote:

Any chance of Gabby or Lescott getting a call up then?

Lets hope he has a good tournament & we get a gazillion dollars for him then !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next