The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ?

+46
De Kuip
Boldfinger
Fpuppys
Alf T
Dgrizzle7
Stratfordvilla
bruka
tonyp
Con
EbeneezerGoode
féliré
4BetLite
Thinman
KMitch
ViewFromT2
worcesterkev
FoxyAV
mefromhere
achilles
jeffvilla
The Utterer
villajk
ember
Synopsis
WendyOz
Villa_Dan
Terry Derry
gdav
UnclePanda
NARLA24
Dazzle
avfc85
The Great white walnut
VTID85
AntJac
bazzah
Jamie Gray
Cha Ching
andrew24561
Mazrim
villabromsgrove
avfc forever
VillaBill
South London Villan
GadgetMan
kimbo
50 posters

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Jack Grealish - How far can he go ?

Post by Thinman Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:30 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:To be honest he played centrally quite a bit last night...he was bullied by Wycombe, that's all it was.

True and in which case he's going to be hopeless in the Championship.
Thinman
Thinman

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Jack Grealish - How far can he go ?

Post by villajk Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:50 pm

Westwood like Grealish haha, Grealish will become a great player let him develop,Westwood is championship at best
villajk

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Grealish MIGHT become a great player. But not on current levels of application. 

Do you have a connection to the academy? You seem very quick to leap to the defence of those who come through it
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:02 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Send him to Scotland. That'll at least make him realise how lucky he is!!!

as someone that lives there I can concur.. although Calder made a great first impression at Dundee I don't think he got on with Hartley too well? Kane Hemmings is fairly on form for them at the moment though if anyone here paid any attention to Tamworth in the past they should recognise his name.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:10 pm

At better run clubs talented youngsters are loaned out to a lower league club with quality coaching staff, then blooded, played regularly and have statistical analysis drilled into them, played endless videos, managed almost every minute they are awake, they have a winning mentality coached into them and they have contracts that are performance related to pass statistical goals on every aspect of their game, scoring, pass accuracy, dribbling, strength, teamwork, tracking back, every fuckin thing till they realise their God given talent, it should be like being in the army till they are proven. Jack is premiership quality but not top level, hope he proves me wrong!
4BetLite
4BetLite

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:18 pm

I think how villa do it is oh you might actually be good soon, heres 20-30k a week.. oh fuck why have you stopped trying and started walking about like your billy big bollocks all of a sudden
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by féliré Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:36 pm

villajk wrote:Westwood like Grealish haha, Grealish will become a great player let him develop,Westwood is championship at best
Don't forget football is collective sport. Westwood is like a lot of our players : They aren't top players but they could be good and smart players in a strong collective.
féliré
féliré

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:36 pm

I don't think that Sherwood actually handled him at all badly, he encouraged him and perhaps acted a bit like a father figure and Grealish responded to that. Remi strikes me as not that type of manager to help younger players and that might make Grealish feel a bit alienated. The problem started with the English thing and the limelight Grealish attracted, along came hanger-ons who played him up to be something that he isn't (yet) and subsequently Grealish has got caught up in all that crap! It has badly affected him and he has lost Sherwood who he felt he could probably turn too. Where he goes from here is difficult to assess as he might not be mentally strong enough to pull himself out of this on his own! Time will tell.
achilles
achilles

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:09 pm

Id say Sherwood going was a factor however Grealish was shit under him too this season.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:08 pm

His old man/agent tends to trawl the fan pages and he's not happy about some of the comments that are going around.

Christ, if he feels he has to jump in and be a dick about things when his boy is playing shit, then it's little wonder Jack has lost the plot.
Trotters
Trotters

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:17 pm

Trotters wrote:is old man/agent tends to trawl the fan pages and he's not happy about some of the comments that are going around.

Well I hope he's knocking about on here because he's one of the problems Jack has! Should've been sacked off and left as his dad long ago, be a professional Jack and leave your dad at home!!!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:15 pm

It is debatable who is the bigger celebrity, Grealish or his Dad.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:27 am

I recently read an article which referred to Grealish as "thirsty Jack".

he has minus reputation now. they can call him thirsty Jack and all sorts of other things and it won't be libel.

the only way he can show he's a serious player is with the football, and being more consistently professional off the field, which might pay off after a half-a-decade, when this period might be reframed as his "wild younger days".

I'm not going to say not drinking will help his football. he's in a creative position. there have been loads of successful drunkard footballers.

the main thing that will help his football is learning how to shoot. properly, with the laces. not like a girl with the side foot. I've seen women footballers strike a better shot than Grealish.

Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:01 am

Terry Derry wrote:It is debatable who is the bigger fucking idiot and loser, Grealish or his Dad.
I corrected your typo for you.

Grealish Sr., if you are reading this, you done fucked up. Has it escaped your attention that your one - and only - golden goose client has gone fucking backwards? That's quite an achievement, you've guided a player who was on the brink of becoming a star with a long and maybe glittering career to being an immature waster who is heading towards the bomb squad and oblivion.

Don't delude yourself, you haven't got a Rooney on your hands, somewhat wild but wildly talented. You've got a Delfouneso right now. Blue flamed but on the point of disappearing having ended like a damp squib.

You're like a shit Bonnie Langford's mom. She was probably a pushy cnut but at least she got her kid on the stage, you are helping get your kid get the hook off stage from the wings.
ember
ember

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:49 am

I just don't think he's shown anything. I really want our academy products to be a success, but unless they school him into becoming a Pirlo/Wilshere (i.e. deep laying playermaker) he won't do anything in professional football.

He doesn't have the pace, the technique, the shots or the dribbling to be good in a forward position, or a winger for that matter.
He HAS to play from deep midfield, but for that to happen he needs to bulk up.

I just can't see this happening, so I think he's Villa career is over before it started. Not because he wasn't given a chance, but because he simply isn't very good. Albrighton was a much better winger. Gil is much better in the hole (and I think Gil is shit). Grealish offer very little except lazyness and media articles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:59 pm

Just watch Grealish in the half time warm ups. There is no effort, just flicking the ball with the outside of the boot and ball juggling.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:41 am

The article in the mirror/people at the weekend he tweeted about to say they're inventing stuff, the article quotes sources close to Grealish, I have to say it seems suspiciously like someone making him appear unsettled to see if theres any interest from anyone that would keep him in the money league.. but then again I am a cynical bugger
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:03 am

His old man will whore him out to the highest bidder, make no mistake. Why go speak with Chelsea otherwise? He'd never get game time there outside of maybe an appearance in a cup game. That was all about money rather than developing him as a player.

As said above, Kevin has himself a golden goose and he's going to pull as many eggs out of that fucker as he can in the shortest possible time with little outlook as to the future.

At his best, the lad doesn't half have some potential. But I imagine it's hard for him telling the birds in the bar he's been dumped to the U21's and I do wonder if he has the attitude and maturity to re-assess his situation and use this blip as a learning opportunity and drive himself on or whether he's looked at his contract, realised that by the end of it he'll be minted and just doesn't give a shit any more.

He's certainly playing like the latter is the case.
Trotters
Trotters

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:29 pm

Synopsis wrote:The article in the mirror/people at the weekend he tweeted about to say they're inventing stuff, the article quotes sources close to Grealish, I have to say it seems suspiciously like someone making him appear unsettled to see if theres any interest from anyone that would keep him in the money league.. but then again I am a cynical bugger

That article stunk of daddy blabbing to the press.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:37 pm

I'm not even bothered if he leaves. Bang mediocre player.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:30 pm

I was a complete dick when I was 20, was anyone here not?

His father's as much out of his depth as Jack is. He's a good footballer and needs some decent guidance. Going out on loan isn't a bad option.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:30 pm

He can be the biggest dick in the world, as long as he plays good football. Right now I'd be surprised if he ever got a PL career. If I were given the choice I'd rather have Steven Davis back. Grealish has been (for some moronic reason) hyped like the next big thing, but he has very little ability.

I tried remembering earlier today why he was promoted to the first team squad, and I still can't understand it. I can remember ONE half decent match against small Heath and the remaining matches he's been shite.

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:06 am

Joppe84 wrote:He can be the biggest dick in the world, as long as he plays good football. Right now I'd be surprised if he ever got a PL career. If I were given the choice I'd rather have Steven Davis back. Grealish has been (for some moronic reason) hyped like the next big thing, but he has very little ability.

I tried remembering earlier today why he was promoted to the first team squad, and I still can't understand it. I can remember ONE half decent match against small Heath and the remaining matches he's been shite.

I disagree - I believe the talent is there - to be fair grealish is a flair player - I would love to see him in a decent villa team.
When he first broke into the teams there were two positions he could play in - wide player, or the no 10 role - IMO the way we set up currently he can't play the wide role, leaving only no 10 - and yes he's struggling with that.
Personally he needs to knuckle down and make a decent fist of making that position his own - I think he is currently in limbo, with half his mind hoping for a new villa manager to arrive, half hoping for a new club, and whats left goes into his rare first team showings.....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:00 am

I've never seen him show anything to indicate he's a flair player, except a goal in preseason or whenever it was where he dribbled 6 guys in china. I think that's what he wants to be, but I'm not sure he is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:07 am

He showed against West Ham and Liverpool last season that he has the ability to get at opposition players and the vision to create something. It isn't an issue of talent but one of mindset and application IMO
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next