The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

7 Days of Villa (7)

Go down

7 Days of Villa (7)

Friday, 27th March

Fabian Delph played all 90 minutes for England as we coasted to a 4-0 win over Lithuania. 

Joe Cole says he wants to play against Man Utd. Yeah, that's not my first, "Man, I forgot we've got him!" moment this season.

Saturday, 28th March

Despite going 1-0 down, the ladies smashed Watford at their place in front of a respectable attendance of 1102. Goals came from Alicia Robinson (2), Katie Wilkinson and Kerri Welsh.

Neil Moxley (Sunday People) claims that Lerner is set to sell us to a consortium based in the UK. I'm sure we will be sold and this summer seems as likely as any time, but I'd be amazed/concerned if it was to someone in the UK.

Sunday, 29th March

Delph gives an interview as part of the England camp. He talks about Villa, England and himself. At 11.27pm, that is genuinely as interesting as things have got today.

Monday, 30th March

There are new names in the takeover talk, this time from the States. Various sources are relaying the story with whatever names they fancy. I do think we have a very good chance of being taken over this summer; with the new TV deal coming, sponsorship deals due for renewals, possibility of extra money from Europe (the money in the Europa is bigger than it was when we were last in it) or more relaxed FFP rules if we're not in Europe, and so on, the timing is probably ideal. But the media, like they were in the summer, are just guessing. So until something more concrete occurs, I suggest we take all the rumours with a whole pot of salt!

In other news, we're wearing our home kit at Wembley, for anyone who is interested  :)

Finally, Carlos Sanchez played the whole game for Colombia. With Cleverley unavailable on Saturday, I suppose there's a good chance he will start.

Tuesday, 31st March

Delph plays 70 minutes for England and Benteke plays 67 minutes for Belgium. I gather neither got injured, which is all I really care about.

Apparently Randy Lerner's house is part of the takeover deal. That's old news as it has always been the case, but there are reports that it's now being revalued, so I guess that gives a little credence to the takeover talk.

It appears that Ron Vlaar is available this weekend, which may be handy as it also appear that Jores Okore may not be.

It's mentioned on here and a couple of other places that Randy Lerner will be in the country on Thursday. It then appears in some of the papers. Funny, that.

Wednesday, 1st April

Tim Sherwood and Gabby Agbonlahor are nominated for the monthly manager and player awards. Not sure we need that curse at this stage of the season!

Thursday, 2nd April

It appears that Tim Sherwood has spoken to Darren Bent about a new contract but not Ron Vlaar. Interesting.

Speaking of Sherwood, he's also said that he's hopeful Chris Ramsey will join in the summer should he not be retained at QPR. If that happens it will be intriguing to see if he just joins the existing set-up or replaces someone. I'm sure KMac and Petrov could both be at risk in this situation.

Finally, our away day at Southampton in May has been moved for TV. It's the early kick off, which is a bit rubbish for our fans. But mainly, I'm just hoping we're already safe by then!

Thankfully, proper football is back this weekend!
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum