The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are we on a roll?

63% 63% 
[ 12 ]
37% 37% 
[ 7 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 19

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by Saunders82 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:36 pm

We have to put it behind us, hopefully learn from it and try to do better next time, we always throw up an unexpected result so who knows in the next 3 games.
avatar
Saunders82



Posts : 869
Reputation : 637
Join date : 2014-04-17
Age : 68
Location : Birmingham UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:42 pm

Sunderland lost, so if QPR and Hull lose it will cancel out our loss.

villabromsgrove



Posts : 4170
Reputation : 1522
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 69
Location : Near to brilliant Brum!

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by achilles on Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:53 pm

@villabromsgrove wrote:Sunderland lost, so if QPR and Hull lose it will cancel out our loss.

I just wish that we could take control ourselves without having to rely on other teams to get us out of trouble (thats probably asking for too much)!
avatar
achilles



Posts : 1954
Reputation : 1380
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by Morpheus on Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:57 pm

Unlucky not to get a point but we really needed to get something today with our fixture list coming up.

Still very worried.
avatar
Morpheus



Posts : 1098
Reputation : 362
Join date : 2014-04-22
Age : 54
Location : Northern Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by Nix999 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:12 am

Why didn't agbon smash his effort with his right rather than trying to get it on his left??

Nix999



Posts : 52
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2014-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by sligolion on Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:49 am

have to say Gabby was back to norm...useless.Bacuna got roasted time after time.Okore got caught out a few times.Clarke was superb again.We never got control of midfield although we missed a couple of great chances second half.Weimman might as well be playing for Telford.Nzogbia started off ok then ran out of steam.would have liked to see Gil or Grealish second half.how he can call gil lightweight he'd better have a closer look at Sinclair knocked off the ball very easily.Man of the match...the ref..for one of the poorest performances I've ever seen.He got conned time and time again giving wrong decisions.

sligolion



Posts : 25
Reputation : 26
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : sligo,Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:14 am

We deserved a draw yesterday, but a classy moment from Swansea nicked it.

villabromsgrove



Posts : 4170
Reputation : 1522
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 69
Location : Near to brilliant Brum!

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by Villa_Dan on Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:41 am

Swansea aren't a crap team, but we were equal to them for long periods. A draw would've been fair and we should've scored, but they nicked the win with a decent passage of play. Not the end of the world and we still look better under Sherwood than under lambert
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4388
Reputation : 4094
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:57 pm

Even Charlie Nicholas was surprised at the number of chances we created!

villabromsgrove



Posts : 4170
Reputation : 1522
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 69
Location : Near to brilliant Brum!

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by gdav on Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:59 pm

Real shame that result haven't seen any highlights tho but it sounds like a draw would of been a good result. on the up side I see bodymoor Heath on the way back from Drayton manor, can't believe I've never seen it before the amount I've driven past it??
avatar
gdav



Posts : 721
Reputation : 359
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Herefordshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by jeffvilla on Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:03 pm

The ref had a stinker yesterday. Decisions just went against us time and again. Any player that went near the beast fell over and got a free kick. A good game of football spoiled by very poor decision making. A draw would have been a fair result,  however the gomez goal was excellent. We had our chances but didn't take them.
avatar
jeffvilla



Posts : 706
Reputation : 393
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:05 pm

@gdav wrote:Real shame that result haven't seen any highlights tho but it sounds like a draw would of been a good result. on the up side I see bodymoor Heath on the way back from Drayton manor, can't believe I've never seen it before the amount I've driven past it??
I used to go there regularly twenty odd years ago with my lads. It's inaccessible like Fort Knox now!

villabromsgrove



Posts : 4170
Reputation : 1522
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 69
Location : Near to brilliant Brum!

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by jeffvilla on Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:57 pm

Well the results are in  qpr and hull losing, bit of a lucky escape.
avatar
jeffvilla



Posts : 706
Reputation : 393
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:07 pm

@jeffvilla wrote:Well the results are in  qpr and hull losing, bit of a lucky escape.
We got away with a bad result. That's the kind of luck we need between now and the end of the season. Scarf Waving

villabromsgrove



Posts : 4170
Reputation : 1522
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 69
Location : Near to brilliant Brum!

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by LVBrit on Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Having reflected, I felt the performance was not as good as the past few, but nowhere near as bad as under Lambert, we actually had chances. I felt Sinclair was trying to hard in front of goal and made a couple of bad choices (almost certainly down to wanting to score against his old club). All in all both sides had chances that they missed and I think a draw would probably have been the correct result. But am certainly not as gloomy as I was a couple of months ago when I could see no way of staying up.

LVBrit



Posts : 219
Reputation : 130
Join date : 2014-04-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by VillaBill on Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:21 am

A nothing performance in a nothing game , we started too slow which set the tone !
Swansea missed some sitters , ! think the result was a fair reflection of the game !
As already stated, very strange performance from the ref !
At least all our rivals lost , we are as we were ! UTV !
avatar
VillaBill



Posts : 807
Reputation : 473
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:46 am

I think that Hutton coming straight back in upset our creative supply to some extent (Lowton and Bacuna were asking the right questions of defences), and I think Carles Gil was a better option instead of Westwood when N'Zogbia was taken off.

Still, Sherwood is having to learn as he goes along, which means that it's not going to be easy. As Bill's just said, at least our rivals lost.

villabromsgrove



Posts : 4170
Reputation : 1522
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 69
Location : Near to brilliant Brum!

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by kimbo on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:14 am

@villabromsgrove wrote:I think that Hutton coming straight back in upset our creative supply to some extent (Lowton and Bacuna were asking the right questions of defences), and I think Carles Gil was a better option instead of Westwood when N'Zogbia was taken off.

Still, Sherwood is having to learn as he goes along, which means that it's not going to be easy. As Bill's just said, at least our rivals lost.
I think Westwood was the right call, they changed their system and we were getting overrun in midfield.

But I'm telling everyone now, if Carles Gil can't do a better job on a football pitch than Charles bloody N'Zogbia, I officially know nothing about football.

There are a few common themes amongst Villa fans that I find baffling (or infuriating, depending on if I'm in a grump like I am today  Laughing) but I think the love-in that a section have with N'Zogbia is the worst.

Don't get me wrong, every now and then he does something good, but he spends much more time being a waste of space.
avatar
kimbo



Posts : 2204
Reputation : 734
Join date : 2014-04-13
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:24 pm

@kimbo wrote:
@villabromsgrove wrote:I think that Hutton coming straight back in upset our creative supply to some extent (Lowton and Bacuna were asking the right questions of defences), and I think Carles Gil was a better option instead of Westwood when N'Zogbia was taken off.

Still, Sherwood is having to learn as he goes along, which means that it's not going to be easy. As Bill's just said, at least our rivals lost.
I think Westwood was the right call, they changed their system and we were getting overrun in midfield.

But I'm telling everyone now, if Carles Gil can't do a better job on a football pitch than Charles bloody N'Zogbia, I officially know nothing about football.

There are a few common themes amongst Villa fans that I find baffling (or infuriating, depending on if I'm in a grump like I am today  Laughing) but I think the love-in that a section have with N'Zogbia is the worst.

Don't get me wrong, every now and then he does something good, but he spends much more time being a waste of space.
I think the Westwood substitution was a sign of a mental change from trying to win three points to trying to protect the one point. We aren't suited to trying to see games out, which is why I would rather have seen Carles Gil come on for N'Zogbia.

villabromsgrove



Posts : 4170
Reputation : 1522
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 69
Location : Near to brilliant Brum!

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by kimbo on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:22 pm

@villabromsgrove wrote:
@kimbo wrote:
@villabromsgrove wrote:I think that Hutton coming straight back in upset our creative supply to some extent (Lowton and Bacuna were asking the right questions of defences), and I think Carles Gil was a better option instead of Westwood when N'Zogbia was taken off.

Still, Sherwood is having to learn as he goes along, which means that it's not going to be easy. As Bill's just said, at least our rivals lost.
I think Westwood was the right call, they changed their system and we were getting overrun in midfield.

But I'm telling everyone now, if Carles Gil can't do a better job on a football pitch than Charles bloody N'Zogbia, I officially know nothing about football.

There are a few common themes amongst Villa fans that I find baffling (or infuriating, depending on if I'm in a grump like I am today  Laughing) but I think the love-in that a section have with N'Zogbia is the worst.

Don't get me wrong, every now and then he does something good, but he spends much more time being a waste of space.
I think the Westwood substitution was a sign of a mental change from trying to win three points to trying to protect the one point. We aren't suited to trying to see games out, which is why I would rather have seen Carles Gil come on for N'Zogbia.
We just wasn't seeing the ball though, hence why I think he did it. That did get a bit better again when Westwood came on.

I agree though, we are at our best when we have a "CHAAARGE" mentality 
avatar
kimbo



Posts : 2204
Reputation : 734
Join date : 2014-04-13
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:18 am

Man U at Old Trafford .... "CHAAARGE" .... No Fear!!!! Scarf Waving Scarf Waving

villabromsgrove



Posts : 4170
Reputation : 1522
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 69
Location : Near to brilliant Brum!

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Swansea City Saturday 21st March 15:00.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum