The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Letter to Tom Fox pleading for Sanity to be restored at Villa Park

+12
Villa_Dan
Sean
Dions_Bald_Head
Mazrim
HH 8166
GadgetMan
DaveAV1
Synopsis
Green Villan
kimbo
De Kuip
lukevilla
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Letter to Tom Fox pleading for Sanity to be restored at Villa Park Empty Email to Tom Fox

Post by lukevilla Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:24 pm

I thought there was a thread about this but i couldnt find it! I suggest people sending emails to Tom Fox to try and make the club listen!

Here is my email for what its worth!

Dear Mr Fox

Here are some stats about Lambert

Last league goal - 10 hours and 12 minutes ago.

The lowest scoring premier league team ever was Derby with 20 goals (0.53 goals per game), Our current goals per game ratio is 0.48!

All time Villa record of 10 home defeats.

Conceded most goals in our premier league history.

Biggest league defeat in our history (8-0 to Chelsea)

First time failed to score in six league games on the trot.

The second worst goal scorers in England have scored nearly double our total.

Worst start to the season since we've been in the premier league (his first season)

First time we've lost to Liverpool three times in a row at home.

First manager we've had in the premier league that has had 2 seasons or more and failed to get a top 10 finish.

Most defeats for Villa in a season (20) in the premier league.

5 defeats in a row without scoring for the first time in our history.

6 defeats in a row for us for the first time in the premier league (and for about 47 years).

First Villa manager who has overseen us lose to a 4th tier side in a 2 legged semi final.

Number of times we have managed to score 2 goals or more in our last 38 league games = 4. i.e. in 34 out of 38 games we have scored1 goal or less!

For me he has to go he is our worst manager we have ever had and we will go down under Lambert but if you are to keep him we need to get some decent coaches in and a good asistance manager!

All the best in trying to make the club better.
lukevilla

Letter to Tom Fox pleading for Sanity to be restored at Villa Park 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Letter to Tom Fox pleading for Sanity to be restored at Villa Park Empty Re: Letter to Tom Fox pleading for Sanity to be restored at Villa Park

Post by De Kuip Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:28 pm

Don't hold your breath expecting any kind of response LV mate - I haven't had anything back from him, and I'm not expecting anything TBH.

I've seen comments on various threads along the lines of "the fans are the lifeblood of any club" - sadly not the case in the prem - certainly not at our club. Sky/BT sports TV rights - they are the lifeblood of clubs at the moment, we come a poor second.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Letter to Tom Fox pleading for Sanity to be restored at Villa Park 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Letter to Tom Fox pleading for Sanity to be restored at Villa Park Empty Re: Letter to Tom Fox pleading for Sanity to be restored at Villa Park

Post by kimbo Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:25 pm

I've had a bit of back and forth with him (the contents of which will remain private) but I think following on from some recent performances, I believe he's probably got a mass of emails now.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:52 pm

Tom Fox is a useless twat, you'd be better off emailing tactics and advice directly to Lambert.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Letter to Tom Fox pleading for Sanity to be restored at Villa Park 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:28 pm

Green Villan wrote:Tom Fox is a useless twat, you'd be better off emailing tactics and advice directly to Lambert.

D'you know what, |'m not sure that he is - I reckon he's properly hamstrung by the rest of the circus clowns there. He did great things at Arsenal and cannot surely have turned crap overnight. I think the system (fuck, me, what am I on about...... there.is.no.system.....) is just too bolloxed to allow him to do anything.

I reckon VP is the kind of place that has notices that say "Caution, this notice has sharp edges" and "Before you throw any paperwork away, print off a copy and retain the copy" plastered all over the office walls. They buried logic in an unmarked grave at Aston Churchyard a few years ago.

The whole mechanism's fucked I'm telling you, no-one can work under those conditions. The end of the season will be like the Last Days of Saigon - Sky Sports will show footage of grainy 8mm film shot on a hand held camera as Randy's Huey helicopter piloted by Krulak evacuates Lambert and co from the roof of the Holte, with Gladys the tea lady hanging onto the skids as the overloaded helicopter strains to lift away as hordes of Championship players rant and foam at the Gates of Villa Park like marauding Viet Cong.

You mark my words - it's Apocalypse Now for Villa and we might have lost General Krulak but we've got Colonel Kurtz instead. Villa Park is way off the map now, it's deep in the Heart of Darkness and no matter how many Willards we send up the Mekong to rescue it, we'll never get it back.

The horror, the horror........................
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:22 am

Seems a logical explanation.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Letter to Tom Fox pleading for Sanity to be restored at Villa Park 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:44 am

De Kuip wrote:
Green Villan wrote:Tom Fox is a useless twat, you'd be better off emailing tactics and advice directly to Lambert.

D'you know what, |'m not sure that he is - I reckon he's properly hamstrung by the rest of the circus clowns there. He did great things at Arsenal and cannot surely have turned crap overnight. I think the system (fuck, me, what am I on about...... there.is.no.system.....) is just too bolloxed to allow him to do anything.

I reckon VP is the kind of place that has notices that say "Caution, this notice has sharp edges" and "Before you throw any paperwork away, print off a copy and retain the copy" plastered all over the office walls. They buried logic in an unmarked grave at Aston Churchyard a few years ago.

The whole mechanism's fucked I'm telling you, no-one can work under those conditions. The end of the season will be like the Last Days of Saigon - Sky Sports will show footage of grainy 8mm film shot on a hand held camera as Randy's Huey helicopter piloted by Krulak evacuates Lambert and co from the roof of the Holte, with Gladys the tea lady hanging onto the skids as the overloaded helicopter strains to lift away as hordes of Championship players rant and foam at the Gates of Villa Park like marauding Viet Cong.

You mark my words - it's Apocalypse Now for Villa and we might have lost General Krulak but we've got Colonel Kurtz instead. Villa Park is way off the map now, it's deep in the Heart of Darkness and no matter how many Willards we send up the Mekong to rescue it, we'll never get it back.

DK I dont know what you do for a job, but it should be writing, your posts are always epic.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:02 am

Synopsis wrote:
De Kuip wrote:

DK I dont know what you do for a job, but it should be writing, your posts are always epic.

Ha! Cheers mate, one tries!
No writing for a job that's for sure - the NHS doesn't encourage it ha ha. Very Happy
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:18 pm

I'm sure your experience of the NHS offers plenty of inspiration for your writing DK :)
DaveAV1

Letter to Tom Fox pleading for Sanity to be restored at Villa Park 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:24 pm

De Kuip wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
De Kuip wrote:

Ha! Cheers mate, one tries!
No writing for a job that's for sure - the NHS doesn't encourage it ha ha. Very Happy

DK classic right there, Bravo! Shame it's so bloody true Letter to Tom Fox pleading for Sanity to be restored at Villa Park 1662365926
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Letter to Tom Fox pleading for Sanity to be restored at Villa Park 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:57 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:I'm sure your experience of the NHS offers plenty of inspiration for your writing DK :)
Now on that subject I really could write a book!!
In fact there are many parallels with what's going on at Villa now that I'd love to outline, but my final salary pension terms ensure that I refrain from doing so. Letter to Tom Fox pleading for Sanity to be restored at Villa Park 1420239857
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Letter to Tom Fox pleading for Sanity to be restored at Villa Park Empty Letter to Tom Fox pleading for Sanity to be restored at Villa Park

Post by HH 8166 Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:29 pm

Tom,

I am sorry to say that we need urgent, decisive action now.. We have 12 points since Sept 1st (21 league games) and will go down without the manager being changed..
Already by leaving it till now, you are making it hard for a new man but we are only in the bottom 3 on GD (worst in Division) and there are still 39 points to play for so still time.

Imperative it's done now though as the games in April look very tough indeed.

Without this action we simply won't get the wins now necessary. We have to face the reality of that as the facts present themselves under Lambert:
1. 25 wins in 101
2. 33 points from last 40 games
3. 2 wins in 21 games (12 points)
4. 0 wins in 10 games (3 points)
5. 12 goals scored in 25 league games
6. Recent games in this 10 game winless run includes versus direct relegation rivals, WBA, Sunderland, Palace, Leicester and Hull.. Just 2 points gained and zero goals scored.

What is abundandtly clear is that this a consistently very poor reign but most disturbingly it is getting worse not better, the longer it is allowed to continue which will only lead to relegation..

We probably need at least 15 points from remaining 13 games which the squad is more than capable of but not with this manager in charge..

We all saw the new TV deal monetary figures yesterday.. Relegation would be a disaster on so many levels and we'd be far from guaranteed of bouncing back..

I am sure you don't want to be associated with such abject failure and be the CEO that took Villa out of the Premier league when the club has been ever present since its inception in 1992? However that's exactly what will happen unless you accept that the manager in situ simply can't deliver on his job description IE win football matches. Your relationship with supporters is now in serious danger of disintegration before it's even really started if you continue to ignore what is happening in front of you.

I know you have made the "false narrative to blame the manager" and "changing managers would be like flipping a coin" statements in recent weeks but you have to forget that now.. This is a full blown crisis that will blow any long term plans you have out of the water. At least "flipping a coin" will give us a fighting chance of staying up.. We won't without doing it.

To emphasise how important the manager is at a football club you only have to look at the country's biggest club.. Manchester United are filled with top people.. Coaches, analysts, huge support network but look at how even they have struggled since Ferguson left.. The manager is the undoubted key position and for far too long we have had the wrong man in that position.

There is a good squad there.. There are managers out there that can get the results needed.. Laudrup, Garcia, Sherwood, Hoddle, Rosler, Garde, Schuster, Rangnick, Kluviert, De Boer, Southgate, Billic, Klinsmann

Some may say some are more realistic than others on that list but you are aiming high off the pitch as we see with the excellent COO appointment so surely it's time to aim high on the pitch and that has to start with the football manager. I am sure there are others that haven't even been mentioned.
The alternative is we appoint a short term motivator like Redknapp to keep us up and then look at appointing Howe, Karanka or Tuchel or one of the others on the above list in the Summer..

The squad is now so down, so demotivated, so demoralised that without this outlined action relegation will be upon us before we know it. Simply adding a number two won't be enough. The presence of Culverhouse and Keane certainly didn't make much difference.

We are in yours and Randy Lerner's hands.. You are the only two that can attempt to save us.. You both owe the fans and this famous old club at least a fighting chance of staying up so please don't ignore this and do what is needed today as literally there is no time left to waste.

We can then at least be unified and fight this huge battle together rather than fighting each other..

Sincerely,

Howard Hodgson
HH 8166

http://www.fortereliablecare.co.uk www.forteluxurycarhire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:01 pm

Great stuff Howard. For the record, I sent my own earlier on:

Hi Tom

I am not sure you are even reading these emails any more.

But on the off chance that you are; please, please remove Paul Lambert. It might be like flipping a coin, but right now we are heading into the wilderness.

There is no passion from the players; there is a perfectly good squad there. Does it need improving? What squad doesn't?! But it should absolutely be doing better than what it is. This has to - HAS, to - be down to Paul Lambert.

I do not understand your absolutely unjustifiable support of Paul Lambert. I do not understand the unjustifiable situation that a group of players that clearly need coaching, do not have a proper coach to work with. I feel the need to emphasise the word 'coach'; not an assistant manager - although that would be handy too - but a proper coach, who knows what he is doing when it comes to teaching players what they need to be doing on a football field.

At this stage Tom, I'm not asking for an explanation, because after your 'false narrative' line, we clearly are not even standing in the same library, let alone on the same page, when it comes to Paul Lambert.

Maybe you genuinely believe that we are on the verge of getting things right, but time is running out. You don't even need to get the right long-term appointment in, you merely need to get someone in who can get the best squad in the bottom third (arguably half) of the table, away from the relegation zone before the season ends, then you can regroup in the summer.

Oh and I know, at this stage it may be easy to ask, "Who do you think you are? What have you achieved in football? Why should I care about your opinion?" - well you don't have to. Nor do you have to care about the opinion of almost the entire fan base, nor do you have to care about the opinion of ex-Villa players, football pundits and journalists that have anything to say about the English Premier League. You don't even have to care about the irrefutable evidence that Paul Lambert is an abject failure who does not deserve to be in the job.

But you'd be foolish to ignore all of it, because right now, you are going to be associated with the relegation of this grand old club. That isn't fact, but it sure seems likely.

I believe you're doing a good job off the field and the CCO appointment looks great.

So did he join - did you join, in fact? - to be associated with the worst Aston Villa team and first to be relegated in almost thirty years?

Clearly you're good at what you do and off the pitch you seem to be doing an impressive job. But we are a football club, and what happens on the pitch really is the bottom line.

At this stage, even with a new manager, we could get relegated. But many of us knew what would happen, we tried to tell the club what would happen, and it's happening; Paul Lambert is ruining Aston Villa, and if you don't take action, if you simply go along with it, if you truly believe that this is all just a false narrative, then you are just as big a part of the problem. There has been reason, after reason, after reason, after reason, after reason, and so on, to sack the man. I can not think of another club in any country that would have put up with this, let alone one the size and stature of Aston Villa. To do nothing makes no sense to almost everyone with an opinion. Yet that is what you are doing about the very real danger to this historic - and damn well massive - football club; absolutely nothing.

That, Mr Fox, would be unforgivable.

Please do the right thing.

All the best

Phil
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:07 pm

Very good indeed Phil.. I am not sure what the hold up is?? He should have been fired immediately after last night's shambolic display which is just the latest episode in the Paul Lambert horror show that seems to have a never ending finale!
Many will say the finale will be relegation but will it? I dread to hear the words "He got Norwich promoted, so he's the man to do it here" :x :x

HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:15 pm

Hear hear.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:24 pm

HH 8166 wrote:Very good indeed Phil.. I am not sure what the hold up is?? He should have been fired immediately after last night's shambolic display which is just the latest episode in the Paul Lambert horror show that seems to have a never ending finale!
Many will say the finale will be relegation but will it? I dread to hear the words "He got Norwich promoted, so he's the man to do it here"  :x  :x

But this is what I don't get. It's not like we're suffering from horrendous bad luck on the pitch or (Kozak & Vlaar & Senderos aside) crucial & numerous injuries. I can (almost) understand sticking by a manager under these circumstances but when it's blatantly due to incompetent management then no action to rectify it seems indefensible. There is no evidence that, if we're relegated, Lambert is the man to bring us back up.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Letter to Tom Fox pleading for Sanity to be restored at Villa Park 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:56 pm

Both very well thought out posts to the CEO. Kudos to you both. In my opinion Lambert should have been sacked after the Bradford episode. Since then everything has been unforgivable and it continues to get worst. Let's hope the CEO and Lerner finally listen!
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:00 pm

Cheers Sean.. My breaking point was Christmas 2013 watching Barry Bannan run rings around us for Palace on Boxing Day in a 0-1 defeat soon to be followed by the Sheff Utd cup debacle.. His record here is lamentable at every level and worst of all it gets worse the longer he remains!
HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:13 pm

My email to Fox was a little more succinct:

As a season ticket holder and one of the dwindling number of fans who attend home and away games still, I have a vested interest in this club. I am paying my hard-earned wages to attend these matches.

My email is simple: I demand the removal of Paul Lambert from his position with immediate effect. Dig down into those big boy panties, find some balls, and tell Lerner exactly what needs to be done. And do it.

Yours angrily,
Dan
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:22 pm

Here's mine. I sent it on 2nd Feb and didn't post out of respect to Fox, well I didn't even receive the courtesy of a standard reply, so sod it....I forwarded it again today with a brief narrative (he loves that word)

First email (from the heart and I waffle on a bit, but hopefully you get the sentiment)
Dear Mr Fox,

Firstly thank you for taking time out to read this email. It's appreciated.

I know you've been inundated with disgruntled fans and had many a email and replied to lots. I've held of writing for a few reasons, what will it achieve? Will it be read? What to say without being totally disparaging etc etc!! Well I figure it may at least be cathartic as I am currently dismayed, depressed and downright worried about my once great club. That's how I see it, we WERE once a great club and now we're regular relegation battlers, along with the likes of Sunderland, Hull, Burnley and the like. We WERE so much more.

It's really hard to see how we will improve. I read and watched your press briefings last week and first off you spoke eloquently, passionately and with conviction and whilst I admire that, I can't help but think you're wrong and the logic is flawed. All the changes that aren't visible to the layman yet, I'm sure will prove to be astute moves, my concern is your plan and vision (shared by Mr Lerner presumably?!) will prove naive and unsuccessful IF we end up in the Championship. It really feels like we're sleep walking into the bottom three. If you take the last 38 games we've managed 33 points, this would see us relegated in ANY EPL season to date. I really struggle to see your stance as not even considering the managers position. It makes no sense to me whatsoever. To not even consider it in the overall vision, is alarming to me. It is far from ideal to change managers mid season, however it's equally if not more risky to simply do nothing (yes I get that's a glib statement and hard work is being put in by all, but the sentiment remains) we have a manager who has proven with results, performances and statistics that he doesn't seem capable of the job. More concerning than his failings are his apparent shortcomings in knowing what he needs to do to FIX this. He doesn't seem able to fix it, in fact it feels and (stats back this up) that we're getting further away from finding a fix. Having played as a semi professional, this runs much deeper than pure confidence I can assure you. In our entire history we have NEVER failed to score in 6 consecutive league games (one of many broken records by PL) doing it in training against a familiar set of players and faces and aware from any real pressure means nothing in the bigger scheme of things. I personally was terrible in training and it took the adrenaline of match day to bring out my 'talent' grit and determination. Our squad seem to be the opposite if your assertions that all is great in training is true. They seem under prepared, lacking discipline and a clear idea of what the manager wants them to do. Simply put we seem aimless in all aspects of our play.

A new style has been implemented and it isn't working, it's not even a style, it's harmless possession for the sake of possession. There is no penetration, no incisiveness and more concerning no real fight or passion displayed. No leadership if you will. Please take a few seconds to watch this brief analysis of our current tactics http://bbc.in/1vogyES it feels to the average fan (I spend way too much time on social media, talking to other fans) that everyone else can see we need a change of manager, other than yourself and Mr Lerner. The real worry is, why do you sense the manager will suddenly fix this? All evidence suggests he won't. So what is it you see that fans (even other clubs fans can't see how he is still in a job) pundits and journalists don't see? I'm baffled. I do hope you and Mr Lerner are right Tom. As the culmination of all this resulting in relegation will be a huge burden to bear for both yourself and our owner. If we're unattractive to buyers now, we certainly won't be in the Championship.

I'll not waffle on much longer I promise, just need to get this off my chest. I'm 40, went to my first game at 5 and that was it, instant love and it has been ever since. Well Tom, I'm falling out of love with my club. I have less time for it and I hate how that feels. My son, doesn't want to go matches anymore and I feel the same. The whole experience has become tedious and utterly predictable. We as fans have been told we're 'unrealistic' well you know what, I fully expect us to lose and not score now. I expect us to pass sideways, nervously pushing the ball around without purpose, desire or effectiveness. It's all depressing predictable. That's realism and the notion of relegation will be the ultimate realism of a torrid 4/5 year period at this once great club.

Please read this how it's intended, I don't wish to be derogatory to anybody, I'm sure there are many things I may be missing, however I live and breath MY club, so fans views can't totally be discounted as we can't "see all the information" generally fans can tell if something is working or if it isn't. This isn't working Tom. As I alluded to earlier the most concerning aspect in all this is Mr Lambert doesn't appear to know how to FIX this. We don't have an assistant as one isn't needed (why? We're doing so badly and need all the help we can get) we need more/new coaches, simply put, what we're doing isn't working.

Someone once said "doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome/result is insanity. This is how it feels. Groundhog Day is precisely how it feels as a fan right now. We all feel helpless.

I hope you're decision not to 'flip a coin' doesn't come back to haunt this club and it's fanbase. There comes a point where all you have is the flip of a coin and NOT doing it can prove to be disastrous. I hope we 'survive' again, but what then? We survive once more, is that our lot now? We simply aim to survive? If you flirt with relegation too many times, you eventually get caught. I see a side, running out of luck. We have momentum, sadly it's the wrong kind.

Anyway I've taken enough of your time and thank you for making it this far (if you did ha) it's appreciated and I just hope you are doing the right thing Tom. We can not end up in the Championship. It will be a disaster on all levels.

I'll be at the fans forum in a few weeks and look forward to potentially meeting you. By that time we will of had a huge six pointer v Hull. Let's hope we turn the corner, that's all we have now is HOPE.

Kindest Regards

Today's follow up, a lot briefer.

Good Afternoon Tom,

I forward an email I sent to you on the 2 Feb 15 whilst I wasn't expecting a reply, I was at least hoping it would be read, so I do hope my words haven't been for nothing. Anyway, I have this to add.

For me it is now this is simple for Aston Villa FC. Do NOTHING ie stick with Mr Lambert and we will go down (all the stats, facts, records, form tables, players performances indicate this) do something ie Sack Mr Lambert and appoint a new man, be it short term or on a permanent basis then we MAY have a chance of survival. Whatever your thoughts on sacking mid term, it's unfortunate, BUT imperative we take immediate action. Mr Lerner and yourself have a huge responsibility to act NOW. I admire your loyalty to Lambert, however now is the time to show loyalty to AVFC and its loyal fan base. We can NOT get relegated. It will destroy this club and everything you aim to achieve. We now have 10 days until our next EPL game. It's now or never Tom. You simply can't afford NOT to flip the coin. Without it the coin has relegation on both sides.

Please please please take action and at least give us a chance. With Lambert we are down, without him, we may have a chance. It's a no brainier Tom.

Kindest Regards

Loyal and extremely worried villa fan
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:49 pm

HH 8166 wrote:Tom,

I am sorry to say that we need urgent, decisive action now.. We have 12 points since Sept 1st (21 league games) and will go down without the manager being changed..
Already by leaving it till now, you are making it hard for a new man but we are only in the bottom 3 on GD (worst in Division) and there are still 39 points to play for so still time.

Imperative it's done now though as the games in April look very tough indeed.

Without this action we simply won't get the wins now necessary. We have to face the reality of that as the facts present themselves under Lambert:
1. 25 wins in 101
2. 33 points from last 40 games
3. 2 wins in 21 games (12 points)
4. 0 wins in 10 games (3 points)
5. 12 goals scored in 25 league games
6. Recent games in this 10 game winless run includes versus direct relegation rivals, WBA, Sunderland, Palace, Leicester and Hull.. Just 2 points gained and zero goals scored.

What is abundandtly clear is that this a consistently very poor reign but most disturbingly it is getting worse not better, the longer it is allowed to continue which will only lead to relegation..

We probably need at least 15 points from remaining 13 games which the squad is more than capable of but not with this manager in charge..

We all saw the new TV deal monetary figures yesterday.. Relegation would be a disaster on so many levels and we'd be far from guaranteed of bouncing back..

I am sure you don't want to be associated with such abject failure and be the CEO that took Villa out of the Premier league when the club has been ever present since its inception in 1992? However that's exactly what will happen unless you accept that the manager in situ simply can't deliver on his job description IE win football matches. Your relationship with supporters is now in serious danger of disintegration before it's even really started if you continue to ignore what is happening in front of you.

I know you have made the "false narrative to blame the manager" and "changing managers would be like flipping a coin" statements in recent weeks but you have to forget that now.. This is a full blown crisis that will blow any long term plans you have out of the water. At least "flipping a coin" will give us a fighting chance of staying up.. We won't without doing it.

To emphasise how important the manager is at a football club you only have to look at the country's biggest club.. Manchester United are filled with top people.. Coaches, analysts, huge support network but look at how even they have struggled since Ferguson left.. The manager is the undoubted key position and for far too long we have had the wrong man in that position.

There is a good squad there.. There are managers out there that can get the results needed.. Laudrup, Garcia, Sherwood, Hoddle, Rosler, Garde, Schuster, Rangnick, Kluviert, De Boer,  Southgate, Billic, Klinsmann

Some may say some are more realistic than others on that list but you are aiming high off the pitch as we see with the excellent COO appointment so surely it's time to aim high on the pitch and that has to start with the football manager. I am sure there are others that haven't even been mentioned.
The alternative is we appoint a short term motivator like Redknapp to keep us up and then look at appointing Howe, Karanka or Tuchel or one of the others on the above list in the Summer..

The squad is now so down, so demotivated, so demoralised that without this outlined action relegation will be upon us before we know it. Simply adding a number two won't be enough. The presence of Culverhouse and Keane certainly didn't make much difference.

We are in yours and Randy Lerner's hands.. You are the only two that can attempt to save us.. You both owe the fans and this famous old club at least a fighting chance of staying up so please don't ignore this and do what is needed today as literally there is no time left to waste.

We can then at least be unified and fight this huge battle together rather than fighting each other..

Sincerely,

Howard Hodgson

this is superb howard but also fockin shocking when you read those stats, absolutely shocking!

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:04 pm

HH 8166 wrote:Very good indeed Phil.. I am not sure what the hold up is?? He should have been fired immediately after last night's shambolic display which is just the latest episode in the Paul Lambert horror show that seems to have a never ending finale!
Many will say the finale will be relegation but will it? I dread to hear the words "He got Norwich promoted, so he's the man to do it here"  :x  :x

Cheers Howard. I think that is genuinely the scariest aspect of it all - it's not just the going down, it's that the going down won't change anything.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:10 pm

kimbo wrote:

Cheers Howard. I think that is genuinely the scariest aspect of it all - it's not just the going down, it's that the going down won't change anything.

unfortunately i really believe hes going nowhere and certainly wont walk away. I think Lerner has been on the Meth for the last couple of years and his state of mind is no better than a breaking bad meth head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:14 pm

hi guys, there is a sneaky way of possibly contacting fox on linkedin. im gonna give it a try. HH or gadgetman, if i can get connected to him is it ok to copy and paste your letter and mail him that?

Tom Fox
Chief Executive at Aston Villa Football Club
London, Greater London, United KingdomSports
Previous
Arsenal FC, Wasserman Media Group, PepsiCo - Gatorade
Education
Miami University

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:21 pm

jimbop wrote:hi guys, there is a sneaky way of possibly contacting fox on linkedin. im gonna give it a try.  HH or gadgetman, if i can get connected to him is it ok to copy and paste your letter and mail him that?

Tom Fox
Chief Executive at Aston Villa Football Club
London, Greater London, United KingdomSports
Previous
Arsenal FC, Wasserman Media Group, PepsiCo - Gatorade
Education
Miami University

By all means Jimbop, I'm good with that Letter to Tom Fox pleading for Sanity to be restored at Villa Park 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next