The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Liverpool

+21
thegaffer6
KMitch
NARLA24
GadgetMan
DaveAV1
ejs1111
lukevilla
Green Villan
avfc forever
Thinman
FoxyAV
mefromhere
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
achilles
jeffvilla
Villa_Dan
VillaBill
kimbo
gdav
avfc85
villabromsgrove
25 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Will it kick off at Villa Park?

Aston Villa v Liverpool - Page 5 I_vote_lcap10%Aston Villa v Liverpool - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
Aston Villa v Liverpool - Page 5 I_vote_lcap65%Aston Villa v Liverpool - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 65% 
[ 20 ]
Aston Villa v Liverpool - Page 5 I_vote_lcap10%Aston Villa v Liverpool - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
Aston Villa v Liverpool - Page 5 I_vote_lcap15%Aston Villa v Liverpool - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 31

Aston Villa v Liverpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Liverpool

Post by kimbo Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:52 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Green Villan wrote:Gil came on, made that run and it sparked the whole team and the fans responded, hopefully Gil can hit the floor running because we certainly need him to.
Spot on GV, it was the most amazing transformation. That performance wasn't an accident, he really is that good.
If we can get someone else in that's also of a creative ilk then it not only means Gil isn't going to be the only one that the opposition needs to worry about, but it also frees up more room for Benteke. Throw Delph into the mix and all of a sudden we might have something going forward.

I just want Paul Lambert to let them off the leash a bit instead of trying to take the Little Eck route to safety.
kimbo
kimbo

Aston Villa v Liverpool - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:10 pm

After seeing Charlie Heel for his first two minutes, I couldn't help but think that him, Delph and Grealish could do some real damage to teams. They have movement, they actually want the ball and can do something creative with it. Weimann runs a lot but it's not intelligent movement and his first touch is fucking awful. Cleverley does nothing and Gabby does significantly less - I cannot fathom how he is even making the squad let alone the starting eleven and not substituted! Grealish would do more in 5 minutes than Gabby does all game.

As has been stated, the midfield Lambert put out to start the game was one dimensional. We need players that will inspire each other and we do have those players! Quite why we commit to playing Cleverley when it seems he hasn't committed to us makes me wanna puke.

There's an article that's resurfaced on facebook on Lambert stating that, if the club stick with his plans, we'll be in Europe by 2015. That article was written in 2012! Thing is, I do honestly believe we have a European quality side now....yet look where we are under Lambert. Is there another manager that could make such a pig's ear of everything?
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Liverpool - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:12 am

Liverpool fans won't admit it but we scared them for 25 minutes after Gil came on. There's the potential to have a right go at teams now, if as Kimbo said Lambert is prepared to "let them off the leash."
villabromsgrove

Aston Villa v Liverpool - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:52 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:After the last few games I'm thinking it could be worth signing a striker this window so Benteke can get dropped. He is lazy and uninterested ATM, needs reminding he isn't god's gift. If Kojak was back if suggest starting him ahead of CB20
He needs some one like Ricky Lambert playing alongside him. An old fashioned player who's prepared to do all the work off the ball to create space on the ball at critical moments.

People will laugh at me but I said he could have done with someone like Heskey along side him over the last few games. I know his finishing might not have been amazing whilst he was with us etc but he was so unselfish and always worked his bollocks off for who ever else was up front, it was almost infectious. Maybe its just a sign of how bad things have gotten for me to wish Heskey was our Saviour haha
Synopsis
Synopsis

Aston Villa v Liverpool - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:55 pm

Synopsis wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:After the last few games I'm thinking it could be worth signing a striker this window so Benteke can get dropped. He is lazy and uninterested ATM, needs reminding he isn't god's gift. If Kojak was back if suggest starting him ahead of CB20
He needs some one like Ricky Lambert playing alongside him. An old fashioned player who's prepared to do all the work off the ball to create space on the ball at critical moments.

People will laugh at me but I said he could have done with someone like Heskey along side him over the last few games. I know his finishing might not have been amazing whilst he was with us etc but he was so unselfish and always worked his bollocks off for who ever else was up front, it was almost infectious. Maybe its just a sign of how bad things have gotten for me to wish Heskey was our Saviour haha

I always stuck up for Heskey. Yes he didn't score, but he wasn't a striker. He was a support forward, and I always thought he worked hard and did his job. Even when we stuck him on the bloody wing!

You don't get signed by the managers he has or played so consistently without bringing something to the team. I thought he was always an easy scapegoat but the guy is a good player and a model professional.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Aston Villa v Liverpool - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:07 pm

Yeah, I never had an issue with Heskey. He was a perfectly decent squad player that could do a job when needed.

The biggest issue with him for me was nothing of his doing, but the fact that MON changed the system that was working so well to accommodate him. Signing Heskey wasn't the move that bothered me - with Gabby & Carew, at the time I felt we probably needed two more strikers, let alone one - but the fact that if anything, we should have been looking to bring in someone to either play on the wing to allow Milner to move inside, or a more creative central midfielder, as the Petrov/Reo-Coker/Sidwell combination struggled when teams defended deep against us. But then it wasn't any better when we played 4-4-2, as plenty of crappy home draws under MON showed.

Going off on quite the tangent there, but alas, it is what it is  :)
kimbo
kimbo

Aston Villa v Liverpool - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5