The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Manchester United

+22
South London Villan
Morpheus
Villa_Dan
GadgetMan
lukevilla
Jae1411
Mazrim
thegaffer6
gdav
jeffvilla
avfc forever
kimbo
De Kuip
NARLA24
Trotters
VillaBill
Army villain
Green Villan
mefromhere
Thinman
FoxyAV
villabromsgrove
26 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Predict the score?

Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 5 I_vote_lcap5%Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 5 I_vote_lcap23%Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 5 ]
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 5 I_vote_lcap18%Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 5 I_vote_lcap54%Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 54% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 22

Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 5 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Manchester United

Post by Green Villan Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:43 pm

For me it seems like a win, like I said the most enjoyable game I've watched for 4 seasons, I predicted Man U 4-0 to them but we never held off, we pressured the hell out of them and we came away with a result.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 5 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Manchester United

Post by Green Villan Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:44 pm

Judas goal thought that Guzan could have done more to keep out but apart from that, great game.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:49 pm

Take out two "tidy footballers" and we were almost forced to have a go.

You could see though that Man Utd were quite happy to push three players on the edge of our box when Guzan had the ball knowing that he's under instruction that the hoof is the last option and that we simply do not support the player with the ball well enough.

Having said that, the tactics were right bar Lowton who was a disaster. Why Lambet didn't hook him prior to half time I just don't know. And quite why Young was told to have a go on the right when it was only a matter Of time before he put though the winning ball, I'll never know. Bizarre decision....unless the fans over that side we making him cry?

The back three were sensational. Delph was a bit hit and miss. Cissokho was great and had Valencia in his pocket for the most part. Weimann ran his balls off. Gabby was brainless. Benteke was unplayable and what a goal! Bacuna was great when he came on. But what was the point in N'Zog? 2 offsides, 2 fall-overs. Piss poor.

I'd have taken a point prior to kick off but I feel we've been ripped off once again by a referee in a Man Utd game. What a shock!
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:53 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Lambert wasn't the catalyst for change .... the many fans who respectfully got in Tom Fox's ear can take the credit.

Whatever the reason for change, well done Paul Lambert for embracing it, and throwing the team forward even with ten men.

Something certainly seems to have changed and I ont think it's all down to Roy Keane spending his days at Cleverley's house. Maybe the trip to German Germany? Maybe it was Fox getting in his ear and saying it's time now to put on a show.

Either way, that's the best we've done against those sugarbags in years and with a threadbare squad. Which just shows tha Lambert had no reason whatsoever not to have faith in certain players.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:55 pm

Some money spent in the right places next month could be a good second half to the season.
Andros Townsend anyone. I am led to believe he wants first team football and is well down the pecking order at Tottingham.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:58 pm

I didn't see the game but I am very happy to get an unexpected point.

I did see Shrek on the post match interview telling us how they should have won the game and how the were disappointed not get the 3 points :wanker:

So sorry we did not role-over for you Wayne.
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:01 pm

South London Villan wrote:Some money spent in the right places next month could be a good second half to the season.
Andros Townsend anyone. I am led to believe he wants first team football and is well down the pecking order at Tottingham.
Arry wants him, but he would be a hell of a loan signing if he's fully committed!
villabromsgrove

Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:04 pm

Harry wants 3 players but can only afford 2, Townsend is not his main priority
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:12 pm

Trotters you know how to depress people don't you!
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:42 pm

Ok I was not confident of a win today but the team had a  battle on their hands and did brilliantly against united.
Crap decision from the ref with gabby getting a red card, Ashley I have been  killed younge rolling around like he had been shot. We should appeal  the decision.
I have been negative in the past but well done lads you made me proud.  Scarf Waving
Ashley young is a real :wanker:
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:05 pm

Green Villan wrote:Benteke is a fucking legend, I love how he was fuming at Bacuna for not passing it to him, we need more of this fight.
Good point mate and seemingly we never did need Roy Keane to instill that into the team.

Lambert is getting better results without a bonafide coach which shouldn't be ignored.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:15 pm

I have to say I was very encouraged today. I think we actually deserved to win it. We looked more dangerous. Benteke was easily the best player on the pitch, even with all their vaunted superstars.

There is a lot of potential in this squad if they play like this more often. A few clever bits of business could see us easily top half or. top 8. We've been here before though and bollocksed it up.

Spend some money, build a team around Benteke, play more like this. Simple.

O.K, time to get my fuck yous on.

Fuck you Lee Mason you incompetent bald imbecile. You're a clueless useless waste of spunk.

Fuck you Ashley Young. Every time you come to Villa Park you mug us off with your bullshit theatrics. I hope you genuinely get a bad injury for Christmas to get good value for all the time you've spent on the deck. sugarbag.

Fuck you Wayne Rooney, you charmless monotone knuckle dragging gobshite. You were lucky to leave with anything, never mind dropping two points. Granny shagging tinker.

O.K that's me done.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:26 pm

This side will finish midtable. Between 8th and 13th. I predicted it and that'd be the result I wanted. Get a new owner, some decent funds and wages, then push on.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:03 am

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:00 am

i find that... highly dubious.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:16 am

Getting tired of watching on dodgy streams roll on fibre I say!! At this rate I may have to break my promise & return to villa park which is something I said I wouldn't do while Lamebert was still here. Bash
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:41 am

Also think it might be worth trying that formation again but with Bacuna in for Lowton & Plus size N'zogbia nowhere near the squad.
I'd love to see Grealish start soon but I'm sure he'll play cleaverly instead of zog when back.
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:24 am

gdav wrote:Also think it might be worth trying that formation again but with Bacuna in for Lowton & Plus size N'zogbia nowhere near the squad.
I'd love to see Grealish start soon but I'm sure he'll play cleaverly instead of zog when back.

Surely it'd be Hutton in for Lowton? He's been a beast this season
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:44 pm

Did anyone else think that Delph's set piece kicks were much better than Westwood's or Cleverley's? It may be something else that we learn when a change is forced upon us.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:48 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
gdav wrote:Also think it might be worth trying that formation again but with Bacuna in for Lowton & Plus size N'zogbia nowhere near the squad.

Surely it'd be Hutton in for Lowton? He's been a beast this season

Hutton definitely. He does that thing some of our other players fail to do which is run at and beat the opposition, plus he has two functional feet. I like Cissokho but he only has a left foot (Bennett was the same) and it shows. We need to be able to attack up the right hand side, not just the left and while Bacuna is good, Hutton is on fire.

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:16 pm

[quote="Morpheus"]
Green Villan wrote:Lambert is getting better results without a bonafide coach which shouldn't be ignored.

I'm sure I saw somewhere that a couple of people from the academy are helping out Lambert or have I got that wrong?

Either way we've been crying out for some imagination in tactics and formation and hopefully this will dig us out of the 4-3-3 rut.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:26 pm

I believe it's not the academy coaches, it's the assistant coaches like Scott Marshall, who works with the defence. I think, anyway!
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:32 pm

kimbo wrote:I believe it's not the academy coaches, it's the assistant coaches like Scott Marshall, who works with the defence. I think, anyway!

Ah, ok.

Well, something's happened and maybe there's enough for us to be optimistic about. Perhaps the master plan was to spend two and a half seasons training everyone to a) defend like their lives depend upon it and b) counter attack fast and hard and once that was sorted have a look at playing some attractive football?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:12 pm

You have to think that there has to be a connection,  keene leaving no coach, and suddenly we are playing better football.  Passing and showing passion.  Just a thought.  Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 5 1815562058  just like boobs Very Happy
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:17 pm

What I don't understand at Home when we come out for the 2nd half, we hardly ever get at the opposition quickly we just retreat to hold on to what we have, we need to have the first 10-15mins at them to try and kill teams off!
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next