The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Leicester City

+16
The Utterer
UnclePanda
KMitch
thegaffer6
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
South London Villan
Dave Hall
Con
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Green Villan
kimbo
Trotters
mefromhere
FoxyAV
villabromsgrove
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Will the non-losing streak continue?

Aston Villa v Leicester City - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%Aston Villa v Leicester City - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]
Aston Villa v Leicester City - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Aston Villa v Leicester City - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
Aston Villa v Leicester City - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%Aston Villa v Leicester City - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 6 ]
Aston Villa v Leicester City - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa v Leicester City - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa v Leicester City - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%Aston Villa v Leicester City - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa v Leicester City - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%Aston Villa v Leicester City - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 16

Aston Villa v Leicester City - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Leicester City

Post by South London Villan Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:05 am

Not Nzog, please no.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Aston Villa v Leicester City - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:08 pm

Villa win no probs at all.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Aston Villa v Leicester City - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:39 pm

South London Villan wrote:Not Nzog, please no.

This. N'Zog has never shown the potential everyone says he has and he never will, at least not at Villa.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Aston Villa v Leicester City - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:01 pm

I just want to see us play some enjoyable football .... win lose or draw, I'm not that fussed anymore.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:29 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
South London Villan wrote:Not Nzog, please no.

This. N'Zog has never shown the potential everyone says he has and he never will, at least not at Villa.
He doesn't have the potential. He's just shit. Occasional good moment, but he's done nothing that one of the better League 2 wingers/attacking midfielders couldn't have done for us over his time here.

I've said before, I don't think anything has summed up what a sorry state of affairs we are in any more aptly than when people have praised Charles N'Zogbia this season.
kimbo
kimbo

Aston Villa v Leicester City - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:02 pm

Zog for Weimann otherwise as you were at the end of the Palace match
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:17 pm

Awful awful awful from Guzan
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Aston Villa v Leicester City - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:52 pm

Must all be at the game...

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:53 pm

should Vardy have been sent off for that "challenge" on Westwood? looked like he went in hard from behind when he had no chance to get the ball.
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:59 pm

Bad tackle from Vardy but not sure if it was a red to be honest. Hope we don't miss Westwood too much second half as he was great in the first 45
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:01 pm

Clark has been immense today. He's starting to look like the player we hoped he would be when he first broke through to the 1st team. Great goal and a fantastic, old-fashioned tackle on Ulloa there just before halftime.

Benteke is on another level, but is completely starved up front. Gabby has been completely useless today. He's playing central with Benteke, but isn't making any runs or putting in a shift defensively. We're isolating Cissokho on the left, which is why they went 1-0 up. We're desperately crying out for some link up play in the midfield. We have 3 defensive midfielders and 3 strikers, but 25-30 yards of space in-between them with nobody running into this space to start attacks. We either dump it out on the wing to a fullback/Sanchez to get triple teamed, or we hoof it up top and hope Benteke gets it. Occasionally, the big man will drop back to try to start an attack and it usually works, but he's our biggest threat up top and shouldn't be the one doing this. We need to take off Gabby and N'Zogbia for Robinson and Grealish. They'll drop back and exploit this space because they're desperate to impress. We need to make a change, NOW, not at the 80th minute.

Westwood's injury looks bad. I have a bad feeling he'll be out for the rest of the season.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:02 pm

I think Villa have played well so far, Guzan was going the wrong way and the ball was slightly deflected, hence only getting one hand on the ball and falling over. It's still a shame, nice to see Clark get a goal and an assistance from Westwood.

N'Zog, as predicted, has generally lost the ball when he's had it, apart from that chest on to Benteke.

I really hoped when Westwood went off we'd see that man Grealish on, bringing some well needed movement, but it's not to be. At least not before the 60-minute substitution window and unlikely even then.

I suspect Vardy isn't going to see the game out without Gabby accidentally clipping him - preferably in the balls - once or twice.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:04 pm

thegaffer6 wrote:Bad tackle from Vardy but not sure if it was a red to be honest. Hope we don't miss Westwood too much second half as he was great in the first 45

After watching a dozen replays, yes. At the time, no. Shit happens and unfortunately this time it happened to Westy...
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:06 pm

KMitch wrote:Clark has been immense today.  He's starting to look like the player we hoped he would be when he first broke through to the 1st team.  Great goal and a fantastic, old-fashioned tackle on Ulloa there just before halftime.  

...We're desperately crying out for some link up play in the midfield...

...We need to take off Gabby and N'Zogbia for Robinson and Grealish.  They'll drop back and exploit this space because they're desperate to impress.  We need to make a change, NOW, not at the 80th minute...

Three good points. Gabby for me could still play a part because between him and Benteke the defence are stretched thin and he can still score. Grealish could run riot in that void between the three midfielders and two strikers.

It's not going to happen though is it?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:12 pm

Absolutely ridiculous how the commentators are making it sound like Villa Park is practically empty because we're still expecting the club to be vying for the European Cup, 32 years later. They really are out of touch with reality...
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:13 pm

NOOOO!!!! TEKKERS HAD A SITTER... hahaha
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:55 pm

Alan Hutton. Beast.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:56 pm

Phew!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:57 pm

Nice, I enjoyed that. Very Happy
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:58 pm

They've got 10 men, they're shit, we need goals = sit back and defend a 1 goal lead....
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:59 pm

Great 2nd half. Good to see Hutton get a goal, though he is fortunate not to get sent off. He's been our Player of the Season, in my opinion.

Benteke was unlucky not to end up on the scoresheet. Schmeichel looked like his father and had a blinder out there. It could have been 3-1 or 4-1 easily on another day. Westwood and Cleverly's injuries forced Lambo to bring on some attacking players and I think we lucked upon our attack in the 2nd half. Going from 9 games without a win, to back to back wins and 5 games unbeaten... lol
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:01 pm

Another epic performance from Hutton.

Benteke could have got two goals today although the keeper in both cases should be credited with great saves. In any case Benteke grabbed an assist.

I will now say that Sanchez is UP TO SPEED with the Premier League. He's looking good. We wouldn't have managed that second half with Sanchez in the middle a month ago.

Grealish when he came on put in two great corners from two attempts, which is more than Cleverley and N'Zogbia managed. However, he's not quite up to speed of the Premier League in the free play. It's not as easy as League One and he needs to pass and move and make his decisions much quicker.
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:08 pm

Lambert, why? Why, when we're winning, Benteke and Gabby are looking good, Grealish is on and looking fruity, do you bring everyone back into our half and invite ten-man Leicester to have a go and see what they can get away with?

Too many MOTM for me but a special mention for Schmeichel, who did a superb job. Okore, Clark, Hutton, Sanchez, Gabby - any of them could have had it. Hutton for me is on for player of the season.

Okore and Clark are for me our central defence pair of choice. We finally have a defence that looks good plus a good selection of midfielders, although N'Zog needs the boot and it would be good to see Grealish and Gabby roaming around behind Benteke, supporting Hutton and Cissokho. Cissokho in particular still needs to hit balls in sooner but he needs more support to make up for having no effective right foot. Even Cleverley played well today although his two attempts at corners were rubbish compared to Weswood's lovely deliveries (and assist for the goal) and Grealish's cracking balls in.

A win we deserved against Leicester team who appeared to be applying the Paul Lambert tactic of let the opposition do what they want and hope to fluke in a goal. I just can't believe we did so well for most of the match and then Lambert pulled everyone back and gave posession to Leicester. We won because our players had the bit between their teeth despite Lambert trying to throw it at the end.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:22 pm

A well deserved win and great performance until the last 10. Guzan getting a lot of stick for the goal but the shot was deflected behind him so he did well to keep that one out at all.

2 out of the 3 midfield could be missing now for next week though so hopefully he could be forced into a change of tactics. We got lucky being forced into playing Clark and Okore and look how magnificently that's turned out!
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:25 pm

Sanchez was the best player on the pitch. He tired in the last 15 minutes, but showed a lot of class especially before Westwood was injured. I thought he revelled in his more forward role, but he also did well when he dropped back into his more usual holding role.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next