The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Is the Premier league Fixed

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is the Premier league Fixed Empty Is the Premier league Fixed

Post by NARLA24 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:53 pm

Serious question here. is it fixed ?
Who and when decides the bloody fixtures ? Is it by pure chance that we have had Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and City back to fooking back ?
It's bloody bullshit. If the fixtures are done randomly there is no chance of this happening. So, how are the fixtures picked ?
Bloody good question in my view.
Answer on a post card to "FA FIXING FUCKERS."
NARLA24
NARLA24

Is the Premier league Fixed 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Is the Premier league Fixed Empty Re: Is the Premier league Fixed

Post by Trotters on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:11 am

I'm utterly convinced Guzan makes money kicking the ball into.the stand at least once a game. He wouldn't be the first player to do this.
Trotters
Trotters

Is the Premier league Fixed 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Con on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:41 am

@NARLA24 wrote:Serious question here. is it fixed ?
Who and when decides the bloody fixtures ? Is it by pure chance that we have had Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and City back to fooking back ?
It's bloody bullshit. If the fixtures are done randomly there is no chance of this happening. So, how are the fixtures picked ?
Bloody good question in my view.
Answer on a post card to "FA FIXING FUCKERS."

It's not a computer. It's not random. Some Guy does it. It was fixed. By the fixtures guy. He does the fixtures. He fixes it.

We've also got Everton next.

Remember last year? We had an impossibly hard start playing Arsenal and a whole run of top teams from the off.

He was trying to get us off to a bad start to relegate us.

This year couldn't do the same thing so instead gave us the hard games a little way in, hoping to get us off to a bad start.

We might have got no points from the first games and then go 10 games without any points due to this fix up.

Con
Con

Is the Premier league Fixed 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer on Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:32 am

I do believe the fixtures are done with the top 4 in mind over everyone else yes..

But nowhere near as bad as the refs & linesmen/women when it comes to giving a helping hand to those sides during the games themselves. Not gonna get into too much as it makes my blood boil but i'd say those teams get 80% of the big 50/50 decisions when playing the other 15 teams though it is hidden to a point as when they play against each other it's 50/50 in those games thus giving the impression that " it all balances out over a season" ....Nope it really doesn't! That is just the statement the media etc hide behind rather than admit the truth as they don't want to taint the image of the game for financial reasons.

Anyway that's all i'm gonna say on the matter as it makes my blood boil Laughing
The Utterer
The Utterer

Is the Premier league Fixed 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by LVBrit on Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:17 pm

I agree, but in our case does it really make a differance as we seem to struggle to take points of bottom and mid table sides as well.
LVBrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Coseley Villa on Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:10 pm

errrr I do believe there are 20 teams in the premier league and i also have it on good authority that we have to play 19 of them , home and away as well , well i am not having any of this and I have written to the premier league to ask them why should we the mighty Aston Villa have to play last years top teams !!
Coseley Villa
Coseley Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Deano69 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:25 pm

I would rather other fans were complaining about playing Villa - "yet another top team". Fat chance.

When did we become such a 'small' team that nobody else feared playing?

Randy Lerner has a lot to answer for, IMHO.
Deano69
Deano69

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:23 am

An old article but it was the best i could find, enjoy, if you can understand the bloody thing.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/legacy/paulfletcher/2009/06/secrets_of_the_fixture_compute.html
NARLA24
NARLA24

Is the Premier league Fixed 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis on Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:37 pm

all that work going into figuring out who gets to play home and when and they still have to submit it to Sky who seem to have the ability to alter fixtures as they see fit.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:11 pm

It's all rigged, you only have to look at this World Cup rubbish to notice, oh and as I mention the World Cup there is a Fifa buffoon on SSN saying that Russia needs to tackle the racism in it's country, why the fuck have it there in the 1st place, I'll answer for you, corruption.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:22 pm

I remember reading an article by a CSKA Moscow fan - he's a black guy, born and bred in Moscow but his parents were born in Africa before immigrating to Russia. He went to a home match and was wearing his home colours, he was beaten to a pulp by the CSKA Moscow fans purely due to the colour of his skin.

It's a fucking disgraceful country and no major events should be held there let alone the World Cup. I'm more in favour of the Qatar WC than the Russian
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Is the Premier league Fixed 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:25 pm

I hate Russians, the majority of football fans in Russia are racist, violent right wing political groups.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:03 pm

I think, Villa_Dan and Green Villan, that it is easy to call the majority of a people "racist, violent right wing political groups", but I think that in itself is racist. I'm currently living in Moscow as part of my university course and I must say that a majority of Russian people I've met have been nothing but hospitable and friendly to me. I have seen many black people around Moscow and, personally, have never noticed any bruises or marks of violence on them. However, I have no doubt that there are a lot of people in Russia who are homophobic and racist, and willing to beat up people who are of ethnic or sexual minorities. However, in my experience, this is definitely not the majority of Russian people! Soon, I am planning on going to a Lokomotiv Moscow game to see what Russian football is like, because I love football, but I will always be committed to the Villa! As for the racism of CSKA fans, I think those that are racist and commit racist acts should certainly be punished, and CSKA should feel ashamed of their fans and I think the punishment of banning their fans from attending the game of Bayern Munich is not enough: they should be banned from the Champions League for racist abuse.

However, whenever I see people say "most Russians are racist, Russia is a racist country" and so on, it actually upsets me, because while there are many people in Russia who are racist, they are not the majority in my experience. What I have noticed about Russia and Russian attitudes towards racial and ethnic minorities is that it is much like Britain was in the 1970s: in the 1970s, there were gangs of people (especially football hooligans) who went round beating up people of ethnic, sexual and religious minorities. Do we all hold contempt for the British football fans of the 70s because a certain proportion of them were involved in this horrid violence? I see hope in Russian society that, like 70s Britain, in the years to come it can address these social problems and rectify them, and become a tolerant society in the future. I hope that Russia proves at the 2018 World Cup (for which I plan to return to Russia) that it can travel the same path the UK did from the 1970s to the present day and become a tolerant society. I feel that, rather than simply having contempt for them as racists and homophobes, we should help them to realise that homophobia and racism are wrong and help them to correct it, just as British society has largely done in the last 40 years. :)

Aside from that, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the PL was fixed! Those who have the most money can influence decisions at the highest levels in our society, unfortunately. :/
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:08 pm

I said football fans mate, they have been proven to be far right ultra nationalists, I didn't say all Russians were racist, that would be ignorant.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:43 pm

When you take into account the official stance of homosexuality in Russia, the anti-LGBT Laws in effect, and the refusal to illegalise discrimination based on sexuality, coupled with the overwhelming poles suggesting Russian people SUPPORT these homophobic laws and policies; then I'm afraid yes, Russia is a deeply backwards, homophobic country. Moscow and St Petersburg are notedly more accepting than other areas but it's still a fact that Russia has homophobic laws and discriminates against gay people.

Racism in Russia isn't as prevalent, I don't think, largely due to the vast diversity in Russian people as it stretches from Eastern Europe, the Middle East and the Far East which means a "typical Russian" could be any number of ethnic backgrounds. But it is in football. The Far Right Wing groups have preyed on young football fans and are well integrated. Russian clubs shouldn't be playing in Europe at all, let alone hosting the World Cup.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:51 pm

Here's just an example of the type of football fans we are talking about here, they are heavily linked with extremists,

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/feb/08/russia-race
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:57 pm

Fair enough mate, but you did say "I hate Russians" and I feel I must stress that a lot of Russian football fans, like us, just want to support their team and watch good football. As in so many cases, it is the minority who spoil it for the majority. Racism in Russian football is more obvious and more prolific than in English football, and it needs to be dealt with. I hold the hope that Russia, like Britain in the 70s, can now begin to deal with the racism and so on that can be found in its society. However, I feel I must also stress that in Britain in the 70s, certain football fans of a lot of prestigious clubs were also affiliated with such right-wing nutjob groups as the NF.

I see your point, Villa_Dan, that Moscow and St Petersburg, being major cities, are more forward-thinking than rural areas, but the same can be said for certain areas of the USA and even the UK. Being homosexual is not in itself is not a criminal offence in Russia, these "anti-gay laws" as they've been termed ban what they call "gay propaganda" but the law does not define what this is. It's a difficult situation indeed, and I know numerous gay people, so when I think of them, that law is quite difficult for me. On the same level, if you cast your mind back to 2012 in the run-up to Euro 2012, BBC Panorama did a program about racism and homophobia amongst football fans in Poland and Ukraine, where fans were seen doing Nazi salutes on the terraces and performing racist chants at players of ethnic minorities. To that end, do you believe that we should also ban Ukrainian and Polish clubs from European competitions? Or should we help them overcome the problems of homophobia and racism in their country?

As for the 2018 World Cup, I hope you guys consider going and experiencing Russian culture. If you need anything translating from Russian for the WC, give me a message and I'll gladly translate it for you!  :)

There are so many Arsenal, Man U, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool fan clubs and bars over here in Moscow it's unbelievable! I've yet to find a Villa society in Moscow though!  Scarf Waving

Going back to the PL, the fact that last season we had Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal very close to each other near the start of the season and this season we've had Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea so close together convinces me that it is indeed rigged!
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:02 pm

I don't think I'm allowed in Russia, ironic that my criminal record could keep me out.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:03 pm

As for those thugs in that Guardian article which you sent to me, Green Villan, I find their actions utterly abhorrent, but they are certainly not the majority in Russian society. The presence of these groups is truly disturbing and shows that the fight against Fascism is still not finished. However, such groups also exist in nations like Greece (Golden Dawn), Ukraine (I forget the name of the group, but they wear the emblem of the 14th SS Infantry Division from WWII, whose name was 'SS-Ukraina' because it was composed of so many Ukrainian SS volunteers) and so on. However, in my time in Russia, I have also seen Russian society's contempt for such groups, in fact I have seen a public information poster over here saying "the fight of your grandfathers is not over! Fascist and Nazis still exist and even live in our homeland!". I hope Russian society deals with these groups, as they have no place whatsoever in the modern world, but I feel Russian society has a way to go.
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:08 pm

That article was from 2008 so I'm not sure if much has been tackled on the problems side, but I do know everywhere has these nasty groups and there are far too many gaining big ground. While we are on the subject of Nazi's I have to mention the bunch of Hebrew terrorists for ww2, those bastards bombed our ships and attacked our army even though we were giving them the state of Jizreal, no one is immune from having sugarbags in their country.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:12 pm

Exactly right, Green Villan. Unfortunately, right-wing thugs and terrorists can be found almost everywhere throughout history.
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:17 pm

Agreed Dom.

Back on subject I have always called for the premier league to be investigated, I mean the fact that Manure never had a penalty given against them at Old Trafford for so long is an impossibility, that's just one example, another one is Fergie time, that should be investigated but they make a joke out of it, disgusting stuff.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:23 pm

The fact that clubs have board members who are also on the FA board at Soho House is clearly a fucking issue - you have people making and enforcing the rules who are actively involved in the participants. Fucking farcical.

Last edited by Villa_Dan on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:27 pm

That is a very good point Dan.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:14 am

I am not sure if the Premier League is fixed but it is morally bankrupt, it's an old boys club that you can only join if you have enough money or are a suitably fashionable club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum