The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Happy HOURS, One Thread Fits all open after 5pm and each match day.

+5
De Kuip
kimbo
Green Villan
villabromsgrove
GadgetMan
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Happy HOURS, One Thread Fits all open after 5pm and each match day. - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy HOURS, One Thread Fits all open after 5pm and each match day.

Post by Green Villan Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:06 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:It's a good old rough cider in a big glass flagon. Better than sleeping pills.

Is that the type you get in ale bars?
Green Villan
Green Villan

Happy HOURS, One Thread Fits all open after 5pm and each match day. - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Happy HOURS, One Thread Fits all open after 5pm and each match day. - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy HOURS, One Thread Fits all open after 5pm and each match day.

Post by kimbo Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:09 pm

Green Villan wrote:No problem Kimbo, I'm going to start a few threads regarding computer security and software and general useful software threads with links and what not, I think it would be helpful to our members.

Great idea. Well when you do, please feel free to explain stuff like you're talking to an idiot, that will be handy for me some people
kimbo
kimbo

Happy HOURS, One Thread Fits all open after 5pm and each match day. - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:12 pm

kimbo wrote:
Green Villan wrote:No problem Kimbo, I'm going to start a few threads regarding computer security and software and general useful software threads with links and what not, I think it would be helpful to our members.

Great idea. Well when you do, please feel free to explain stuff like you're talking to an idiot, that will be handy for me some people

Yeah bud I've got no problem with that at all, the reason I was absent for 3 days was fixing peoples pc's, they never listen so I have to constantly repeat myself but it'll be easier because members can always track back a page or two for the info again.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Happy HOURS, One Thread Fits all open after 5pm and each match day. - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:14 pm

Green Villan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:It's a good old rough cider in a big glass flagon. Better than sleeping pills.

That's the stuff! Beer
villabromsgrove

Happy HOURS, One Thread Fits all open after 5pm and each match day. - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:16 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Green Villan wrote:

That's the stuff! Beer

Got trashed on some beautiful ale and cider in one of those pubs in brum, what a crazy night home that was lol
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:01 am

Old Rosie is Henry Weston's I think isn't it?

Not a bad tipple but no comparison to the mighty De Kuip "Old Embolism" 9%  vintage that I've brewed up (down to my last 25 litres - thank God it's apple season now!). I like to think of any cider less than 7% as more of a "driving cider".
There's a proper authentic cider bar still in the local town that only serves cider or fruit wines (for the ladies!) - real spit and sawdust place - seats made out of old cider barrels, cheese and onion cobs if you want food (both cheese and onion are sliced at least an inch thick - no way are you gonna be chatting anyone up after one of those, although if you saw the clientèle that's no bad thing) and the in house entertainment is either a worn pack of cards or just watching people who have been in there longer than an hour trying to walk to the toilets. It's the kind of place that has the attitude "if you can lie on the floor without holding on, you're not pissed enough".
Goes without saying I love it there. In fact last year Me and Mrs DK managed to get kicked out of there and the local Wetherspoons in the same evening - do you know how badly you have to behave to get banned from Wetherspoons ffs!
Anyway, if you are ever down Newton Abbot way and make it to the cider bar, I recommend the Suicider; a nice little tickle at 8%, or a pint of Diesel (so called cos it's bright orange) which is a more reasonable 6.5%.
Do not under any circumstances try their birch wine, my tastebuds felt violated - I now know why Finland has such a high suicide rate.

Here's what behind the bar looks like:
Happy HOURS, One Thread Fits all open after 5pm and each match day. - Page 2 Rg-0007-0340_1-990x664

and the seating area:

Happy HOURS, One Thread Fits all open after 5pm and each match day. - Page 2 2675_5

And here's good old Richard the landlord - he still keeps getting fined for refusing to serve anything other than half pints to women, although he's more relaxed about it nowadays. If you want to feel like you've stumbled onto a film set for Lord of the Rings, this place will do it for you.

Happy HOURS, One Thread Fits all open after 5pm and each match day. - Page 2 3264772
De Kuip
De Kuip

Happy HOURS, One Thread Fits all open after 5pm and each match day. - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:41 am

I need to go to that pub, I love places like that.

Oh and I've been banned from a Wetherspoons too cheers
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:11 am

I didn't even realise that getting banned from Wetherspoons was even possible?

I miss them out here. At a Wetherspoons outside of peak drinking time you have a fascinating study in the dregs of society.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Happy HOURS, One Thread Fits all open after 5pm and each match day. - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:50 am

EbeneezerGoode wrote:I didn't even realise that getting banned from Wetherspoons was even possible?

I miss them out here. At a Wetherspoons outside of peak drinking time you have a fascinating study in the dregs of society.

It's very possible but nothing I'm proud of; from April 2008 to February 2009 I was just pure walking chaos, thankfully over the last 5 and half years I've mostly managed to return to the nice version of myself! Incidentally I've been in there loads since, but I did wait about 6 months before I tried, every Wetherspoons I know has a pretty darn high turnover of staff so it was never going to stick.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:14 am

Watching David Bowie on BBC4 doing his last ever Ziggy Stardust performance at the Hammersmith Odeon. Holy fuck, what a show.

Edit. It's likely going to be on Iplayer so do yourself a favour and catch it.
ember
ember

Happy HOURS, One Thread Fits all open after 5pm and each match day. - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:19 am

ember wrote:Watching David Bowie on BBC4 doing his last ever Ziggy Stardust performance at the Hammersmith Odeon. Holy fuck, what a show.

Edit. It's likely going to be on Iplayer so do yourself a favour and catch it.
Great shout ember I'll deffo catch that one later!
As for getting asked to leave Wetherspoons, let's just say me and Mrs DK were getting too amorous with each other in the pub for their liking. I think if it had been like 11 pm or something it would have been no problem but the cider bar session prior to that was an early one. given it was only about 6.30 pm I think there'd been a couple of complaints from people who didn't want to see me with my hand down the back of Mrs DKs jeans whilst they were eating their Ham egg and chips.we'd got kicked out of the cider bar cos I had sneaked "The Buckland Gunman" in when the bar staff weren't looking despite him being banned, but that's a story for another time!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:19 am

It wasn't the buckland gunman they objected to. It was the third bukakke that did for you.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:01 pm

Well that was horrid, we may as well just forfeit these games. We have no ambition to even remotely compete. Arsenal and now Chelsea have both beat us 3-0 in 2nd Gear.

McLeish was sacked for setting us up not to lose and PL gets a new 4 year contract. RL has lost his marbles. He can dress it up however he likes, we have no desire to win games and our good start has papered over many cracks.

I only hope the 4 year deal is to reward loyalty for when we're eventually sold. I can't bear 4 more years of nothingness.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Happy HOURS, One Thread Fits all open after 5pm and each match day. - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by R1chuk Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Weimann should not be played in midfield, the guy has no positional sense. At fault for losing Willian and then giving up for the first goal. He constantly gave them an outlet on the right. I would start Grealish instead.

The result was predictable, the team was set up not to let a goal in with no plan B again. Just glad we have some early points.
R1chuk
R1chuk

Happy HOURS, One Thread Fits all open after 5pm and each match day. - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:32 pm

Guys if you're experiencing slow loading and unresponsive issues with the site, We're aware of it and looking into the matter. Thank you for your patience :)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:40 pm

I have found logging out, clearing the browser cache and logging back in has helped me.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2