The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Fabian Delph

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Re: Fabian Delph

Post by Spirit of Bosco Jankovic on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:39 pm

He looks like he is gone, a good decision on his part? I'm not so sure.
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:39 pm

Course he's going Laughing ! I'm amazed anyone believed the BS from the club about him not going to Portugal due to his wife expecting Laughing ! like when has that ever stopped a player going to a pre season tour?... He could easily have jumped on a plane if the time came afterall!

Typical BS from the club in my opinion.
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:42 pm

He'lll play 40 games over the next 2 years, and then will end up at Everton on loan.

I was far more upset when Milner left.
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by StringGhost on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:45 pm

I don't get why the club keep playing the fans like "they" keep doing.
Its gonna end really bad in the end if they keep treating fans like they do.
We just need to back TS now and hope we don't get relegated but I have a feeling its another fight this season AGAIN!!!
StringGhost

http://www.cramlingtonnetwork.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:48 pm

@StringGhost wrote:I don't get why the club keep playing the fans like "they" keep doing.
Its gonna end really bad in the end if they keep treating fans like they do.
We just need to back TS now and hope we don't get relegated but I have a feeling its another fight this season AGAIN!!!

People Buy into It.

I have Already stated I won't be Renewing.

tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head on Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:20 pm

Can't see what he'll bring to their team. Maybe he'll be 'one for the future' Laughing
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:10 pm

I do like Delph and he has been one of the bright spots of our team in the past few seasons, great engine looks to go past players and always gives 100% but the one major flaw he has which we should improve on with a replacement is a a goal scoring midfielder and Delph just didn't score enough especially in good positions. I am worried with the majority of our spine leaving, yes we can sign players but to get a good team they need to gel and that is my worry. TS has a massive job now and I'm sorry to be the pessimistic but I see another season of struggle unless Lerner really does loosen the purse strings and we get in 4-5 quality players.

As for the PR stunt in January talking about loyalty!

avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav on Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:41 pm

Fucking loyalty??? LOYALTY!!! He wouldn't know loyalty if it punched
Him in the face!! It's all about the ££££ hope he rots on city's bench.
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by Stratfordvilla on Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:47 am

I posted a few weeks back Delphs stats for last season. An average player in a poor team. Having said that he is the best of a bad bunch.

We signed a replacement for him knowing he was going. Does this mean that CB is staying?

Stratfordvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by rosco77 on Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:04 am

May not be popular in saying this but at least we're getting money for him. He could have gone on a free.
rosco77

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:24 am

Just out of interest, if the release fee is the rumoured £8million is that what we have to sell at or can we set a price in excess of that? I know it's probably dependent on what the contract says but if we thought he was worth £15million could we hold out for that? Does the release clause and agreeing to pay (at least) that amount of money only relate to the player actually becoming available?
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh on Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:41 am

£8m and he's gone, not a penny more.
The same when Benteke goes, but at least that's for decent money.
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great white walnut on Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:06 am

Cnut of the highest order. If you're thinking of moving on to further your career then fine but don't patronise the people who the football club really matters to by spouting bullshit, standing front centre at a kit launch photoshoot and then piss off two days later. I hope he spends 2 years on the bench at Citeh and ends up sigming for Middlesbrough
The Great white walnut

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya on Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:15 am

I can't see why people have a problem with this. As soon as he signed and I heard what he said, i told people he'll be off at the end of the season.

He said 'it won't sit right with me if i leave on a free after the money they spent on me and the patience they've shown over the years with my injuries"

He's signed a contract with a release clause that equals the £6million we paid for him plus the £2million Leeds will get. He could of walked for free and had a signing on fee about 3 times more than he is getting now, and probably a larger wage. But he didn't, he signed a contract so we'd both win.

As for treating players as judas because they move to bigger clubs then get real, its pathetic. Man City are a massive, massive club, were struggling to be the best club in the Midlands, which at the moment were 4th best. He'll play enough games and will probably still get into the England squad, because James Milner has been in the England squad for the past 4-6 years.

So good luck Delph, you've contributed to keeping us up these past few seasons. Ignore these moronic fans, your obviously better off without them.

mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh on Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:19 am

Delph is right up there with Hodge, Callaghan, Elliott and Downing as a turncoat, weasleing, lying sugarbag.

For sugarbag read wanker, it wouldn't let me type c unt.

Last edited by Andyh on Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 on Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:36 am

I largely agree with Mickey above, but I understand people's frustrations. I think possibly his "loyalty" speach when he signed in Jan and positioning himself at the front for the kit launch was ill advised. Although he may not have had much say in the latter.

DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh on Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:39 am

Hmmm, don't agree with fans being labelled moronic purely because their opinion differs.
Smacks of I'm a better fan than you syndrome.
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:54 am

I still don't believe the £ 8 million release clause. It makes zero sense.

Even if they had to implement an accept clause, why would it be £ 8 million? Championship teams can spend £ 8 million.
If it's like rumored  that the clause had to be activated by a CL club, why then make it £ 8 million. We know CL clubs shit money. It doesn't make sense.
We also concluded this deal knowing the new TV-deal was around the corner and clubs would spend more money.

Some people think this was good deal and it's £ 8 million we wouldn't have gotten other wise, but you have to be the worst fucking negotiation EVER, if £ 8 million was the best deal you could make. It makes the club look at a cartoon. Big club. Laughing

I'd sack ANYONE involved with a £ 8 million release clause, but for what it's worth I'm pretty sure it's bullshit. £ 15 million release clause, possible, but not £ 8 million.

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Under The Holte End on Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:15 am

James Milner is a better player than Delph plus he is far more versatile and he left because he felt unhappy about a lack of starting games so on that basis, what chance has Delph got at Man City.

At times, he was made to look good in a very average Villa midfield but remained inconsistent and also at times, disappeared when he was needed.

I don't want players at Villa Park who are not committed to the club so adios Fabian and good luck because I feel you will need it.
Born Under The Holte End

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya on Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:22 am

Not really an "I'm a better fan than you" statement - I can't stand fans who think they're better fans because they have season tickets etc. We all find ways to love the Villa that differ.

But i still stand by what i said, even if he left on a free i still wouldn't be against him. Even if he plays in 10 games for Man City next season, he's still gonna be playing in a team that will be favourites to win those 10 games. For us, at the absolute best I can see us finishing 12th. He's at a team that can finish 1st in the league. Imagine the feel good factor being in that atmosphere, as apposed to a team playing for survival or nothing.

mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys on Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:25 pm

Fabian Delph Fails Manchester City medical ahead of £8m move from Aston Villa

Last Updated: 11/07/15 12:02pm Laughing at You
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill on Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:28 pm

if a CL team comes in for you, you have to back yourself to get in their starting XI, I don't blame Delph if he moves, but he does look a bit of a dick after the new kit photo shoot!

Its the same with any player, if they don't want to play for Villa, then go, & go quickly!
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 on Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:49 pm

@rosco77 wrote:May not be popular in saying this but at least we're getting money for him. He could have gone on a free.

I agree with this, glad we're getting something for him. He should have chosen better words when resigning tho.

Very good player don't score enough for me tho. His like Barry -the goals.
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawlie on Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:16 pm

@mickeywya wrote:I can't see why people have a problem with this. As soon as he signed and I heard what he said, i told people he'll be off at the end of the season.

He said 'it won't sit right with me if i leave on a free after the money they spent on me and the patience they've shown over the years with my injuries"

He's signed a contract with a release clause that equals the £6million we paid for him plus the £2million Leeds will get. He could of walked for free and had a signing on fee about 3 times more than he is getting now, and probably a larger wage. But he didn't, he signed a contract so we'd both win.

As for treating players as judas because they move to bigger clubs then get real, its pathetic. Man City are a massive, massive club, were struggling to be the best club in the Midlands, which at the moment were 4th best. He'll play enough games and will probably still get into the England squad, because James Milner has been in the England squad for the past 4-6 years.

So good luck Delph, you've contributed to keeping us up these past few seasons. Ignore these moronic fans, your obviously better off without them.

Totally agree with this. He's got a chance of a league winner's medal among other trophies, a chance to experience CL football and play with and against the biggest names in world football. The guy's a professional footballer with a relatively short career to look forward to.

Maybe I've become more pragmatic in my old age since I scribbled out the face of Steve Hodge on my Villa poster (or drew cocks on his head... probably both) when I was a kid, but I just don't feel the same sense of betrayal here. The club goes on and on! UTV.

Rawlie

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:22 pm

@ViewFromT2 wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:Delph is going nowhere guys

Hunch or information?
Shows how much i know I'll get my coat
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content