The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Fabian Delph

+90
ember
aboclaretandblue
Perth villan
prmort
Andrew Baker
4BetLite
Wriggle
tonyp
gaffer85
marcxc1983
Villa jimmy
villain57
ROTTERDAM1982
ejs1111
Tomy-Flemba
big ming
Wookster
DomAVFC
worcesterkev
Chicken
Cha Ching
DN1982
hawk190601
Barton82
Peter
TED
MarvelVillan
Karlos96
Withes Sweatbands
deadbuzzardalive
GodzoneVilla
johnny noodles
1Elliot
Saunders82
UnclePanda
therailboy
Rawlie
Dgrizzle7
Born Under The Holte End
DaveAV1
The Great white walnut
rosco77
Stratfordvilla
The Utterer
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Andyh
B62 Villa
FoxyAV
Morpheus
De Kuip
avfcjay
mickeywya
avfc forever
StringGhost
bazzah
Gordonsleftboot
VTID85
CoE82
lukevilla
omariqy
Jamie Gray
mark_draper
GhostDad
ViewFromT2
GadgetMan
danclare82
tbarrules
avfc85
larvin86
Dansvilla75
Mazrim
South London Villan
smetro
Army villain
jeffvilla
Dions_Bald_Head
KMitch
Synopsis
Con
bruka
Morgan Villa
VillaBill
achilles
HarryAVFC
Green Villan
villabromsgrove
kimbo
NARLA24
gdav
Trotters
94 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

Fabian Delph Empty Delph loves him mum. Bless.

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:11 am

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/bradford/england-s-new-star-delph-just-wanted-to-buy-mum-a-house-1-6831708

England’s new star Delph just wanted to ‘buy mum a house’

Fabian Delph 1514343191
England's Fabian Delph (left) is annoyed that Switzerland's Xherdan Shaqiri is behind him...can't hack him down from there.

WHEN Greg Abbott saw young Fabian Delph kicking a tennis ball against a wall at a coaching centre on the outskirts of Bradford back in 2001, he knew he was witnessing a special talent.

Delph may have been a mere slip of a lad at 11, but plenty had already heard about him on the West Yorkshire football circuit back then, including the former Leeds United academy coach, who played his part in the Whites prising him away from his hometown club after a compensation deal was struck.

Those ball-playing gifts so obvious to all and sundry 13 years ago have now blossomed to such a degree that the boy has truly turned into a man in the footballing sense, with his tournament debut in England’s Euro 2016 opener against Switzerland the most conclusive evidence of that.

Ex-Bradford City stalwart Abbott watched the Aston Villa schemer strutt his stuff in Monday’s victory over the Swiss in Basle with a huge degree of pride.

But while he was thrilled for the Bradfordian, 24, who made his full debut after coming on as substitute in last week’s Wembley friendly against Norway, he was just as delighted for Delph’s mother, Donna, who has been with her son every step of the way on his footballing journey.

Abbott, current assistant manager at Notts County, said: “I actually knew about Fabian because Paul Jewell’s son Sam played in the same team as him.

“We were running a little coaching centre at West Bowling, near where he lived, and I remember Fabian was kicking a tennis ball against the wall on his own.

“He could deal with a tennis ball better than I can deal with a football and I played 500-odd games.

“I said to him, ‘It is Fabian Delph, isn’t it?’ and he replied, ‘It’s Mr Abbott, isn’t it?’ I said, ‘You don’t have to call me Mr Abbott, you are that good a player, you can call me Greg’.

“From then on, things went on to entice him to Leeds United.

“I used to pick him up and bring him to the training ground for about two years as his mum Donna didn’t drive.

“He was an unbelievable kid and all he talked about was buying his mum a house, and a few years ago he said he had managed to do that. It was not about what he could do for himself, but what he could do for his mum.

“Donna deserves a lot of credit as she brought him up and made sure he kept out of things as he was from a tough part of Bradford where people can go astray with the influences you get.

“But Fabian loved his football and has looked after his mum and that tells you a lot about the person. It means a lot to me that he has carried on like that and hope he continues to do that.”

As befits someone raised in a tough part of Bradford, Delph is someone who quickly learned to look after himself on the pitch.

But it was his poise and guile early in his career at Leeds, when he burst onto the scene in a huge way as a teenager in 2008-09, which marked him out as more than just a youngster with promise as he flowered under first Gary McAllister and then Simon Grayson.

That season ended in him being crowned as the Young Player of the Year in League One and he also lifted the players’ player, young player and goal of the season accolades at Leeds’s end-of-season awards.

A new four-year deal and England Under-21 debut also came his way in a stellar campaign, with the Premier League vultures soon hovering before Aston Villa signed him for £8m in August 2009.

Not that it has been easy for him at Villa, with a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament sustained in April 2010 and form issues clouding his first three years in the Midlands, before prospering under the command of Paul Lambert.

Abbott added: “I am surprised that it took so long for Fabian to be around the England squad.

“But I think that when he went to Villa, he had a nasty injury that set him back quite a way.

“But like Aaron Lennon, he was one you always felt would go right to the top.

“Now Fabian has got in through his performances for Paul, I think he can go on from strength to strength.

“He gives the team ‘legs’ and bite and can help put that drive into the England team which has been lacking. The commentators summed his performance up perfectly on Monday.

“I think he had a nervous start where he tried too hard to impress, but then calmed down and got into the game and I thought he was magnificent.

“I watched the game with Shaun Derry and we both felt he was close to being man of the match, although maybe we are a bit biased. But I do think Fabian can become a regular as he provides balance being a left-sider.

“It is a great time for up and coming England players as the ‘big boys’ like Frank Lampard, John Terry and Steven Gerrard have had their time and now the door is open for the younger players to come and stake a claim.

“If he keeps his feet on the ground, there is every chance he might do that.”
Trotters
Trotters

Fabian Delph 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Fabian Delph Empty Re: Fabian Delph

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:15 am

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-fabian-delph-told-7745569?

[quote]
Fabian Delph was told to calm down by Wayne Rooney

Fabian Delph JS45826738

Fabian Delph was advised to calm down by England captain Wayne Rooney on the Aston Villa midfielder's full Three Lions debut.

Delph was booked early on and launched himself into two more reckless challenges during the 2-0 win over Switzerland in Basel on Monday evening.

Rooney, England's new skipper, admits he had a quiet word with Delph to be careful on the advice of match referee Cuneyt Cakir.

Delph heeded the words of wisdom from his experienced team-mate, himself no stranger to moments of madness on a football field.

The Manchester United striker was pleased with how the Villa man responded and described Delph's display as "brilliant."

Dirty Delph? - Fabian Delph dirty? The stats say he isn't even the worst offender in the Aston Villa team

“I spoke to him and told him just to be careful because I think one more and he would have probably been off,” said Rooney.

"The referee said to me at half-time to have a word with him, but I think he knew anyway," said Rooney.

"I spoke to him and told him just to be careful because I think one more and he would have probably been off.

"But I thought Fabian was brilliant in his first start. He took the ball, played with confidence and great energy and showed what a top player he is."
[/quote ]
Trotters
Trotters

Fabian Delph 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Fabian Delph Empty Fabian Delph

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:24 am

By MARTIN KEOWN  

A big-money move to Chelsea or Manchester City would be a bad career move for Fabian Delph

- Fabian Delph's contract at Aston Villa runs out next summer and he will be available on free transfer
- The midfielder made his first appearance for England in Monday's 2-0 victory against Switzerland
- Aston Villa stuck by Fabian Delph when he injured his cruciate ligament so maybe he owes them

Fabian Delph has a big decision to make. His contract is running down at Aston Villa and he’ll soon be able to join any club for free. Now he’s an England international, he’ll be highly sought after.

Who knows, maybe even the likes of Chelsea and Manchester City will offer him a deal — they need to fulfil English quotas and he’s a talented player.

But a move like that is probably the worst thing Delph can do. Does he want to play regular first-team football for the rest of his career or become the next Steve Sidwell or Scott Sinclair, picking up wages but getting next to no playing time at a big club?

Fabian Delph 1410555171861_wps_17_Eurpean_championships_Qly
Fabian Delph has seen his stock rise after making England debut against Switzerland

There was nothing wrong with Sinclair showing ambition when he joined Manchester City — a move almost impossible to turn down. But his career has gone backwards since.

James Milner won 50 caps and five trophies at the same club but has never been a regular starter. Maybe he’s comfortable with his contributions but sometimes if you’re not getting enough minutes, you need an exit strategy.
It doesn’t help when some clubs treat their players like commodities, offering them fabulous new contracts to protect their transfer value or hoarding them away to comply with player quotas. Then negotiations become like a game of Blackjack — does the player stick or twist?

Fabian Delph 1410555156677_Image_galleryImage_Manchester_City_s_Scott_S
Scott Sinclair's career has stalled after his big-money move to Manchester City

The prospect of money and trophies is understandably tempting, but the focus should be on playing football and following a career path.

It happened to me when I left Arsenal. I had already played first-team matches but I was offered a deal over the summer by Aston Villa. I’ve never liked summer moves — you can get overwhelmed by money men — and had it been negotiated mid-season with games coming thick and fast, I’d never have left. But over the summer it becomes less about football and the money creeps into your head.
Leaving a top club might feel like the end of the big time but quick decisions have to be made for the benefit of your development.

And it can work.

Fabian Delph 1410555181215_Image_galleryImage_Barclays_Premier_League_3
Alex Song will seek to revive his career at West Ham after two years on the sidelines at Barcelona

Daniel Sturridge moved from City to Chelsea before settling at another top club with Liverpool and Gary Cahill played for Villa and Bolton before moving to Chelsea. England manager Roy Hodgson will also look beyond the top four for his players, so international chances will still come.

Villa stuck by Delph when he injured his cruciate ligament so maybe he owes them. If he does leave, he must make sure he is going somewhere to play regularly.

On that note, it has been a good few weeks for English footballers. A lot of young players have shown they are not happy to warm the bench and it’s a reminder that this game is about more than just money. Danny Welbeck left his boyhood club for the chance to become a No 1 striker and Micah Richards, Tom Cleverley and Jack Rodwell all moved to play regularly again.
Whatever club you play for, it should hurt to the core every Saturday if you’re sitting on the bench. Your whole life has been spent training to play and every week you are gearing up for that moment. If you’re lucky, your career will last for 10-15 years, so you need to squeeze out every minute you can.

That’s why it’s been so good to see these young players not taking the easy option. They could sit on the bench counting their cash but they have shown the hunger to play and it’s that desire you want to see in every player.

PS Alex Song is a good example of the grass not always being greener. He was first choice at Arsenal before leaving for Barcelona in 2012. But was he realistically going to start ahead of Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets or Fabregas? He sat on the bench for two years but now wants a fresh start. His loan could prove to be good business by West Ham.

Trotters
Trotters

Fabian Delph 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:29 am

I'd like to think he'd stay, he does genuinely seem to love the club.
gdav
gdav

Fabian Delph 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:10 pm

NARLA24
NARLA24

Fabian Delph 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:34 pm

If that is actually the case, why has it not happened until now?
kimbo
kimbo

Fabian Delph 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:50 pm

Delph"s out until the end of the year. He has to have an operation to repair his dislocated shoulder. That's "ouch" for him and "ouch" for Villa!
villabromsgrove

Fabian Delph 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:02 pm

No it's bloody typical Villa.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Fabian Delph 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Coincidence he's out until January ( transfer window) or been tapped up on England duty?
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Fabian Delph 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:38 pm

Lamberk needs to change his painful tactics now anyway
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Fabian Delph 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:06 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Coincidence he's out until January ( transfer window) or been tapped up on England duty?
He dislocated his shoulder in a training ground fall, there is nothing coincidental about that. What point were you trying to make?
villabromsgrove

Fabian Delph 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:14 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:Coincidence he's out until January ( transfer window) or been tapped up on England duty?
He dislocated his shoulder in a training ground fall, there is nothing coincidental about that. What point were you trying to make?

Harry doesn't make points, just cries and whinges like a woman on the blob
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Fabian Delph 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:51 am

Villa_Dan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

Harry doesn't make points, just cries and whinges like a woman on the blob
Villa Dan, you have a way with words that makes me really smile mate Very Happy Fabian Delph 3769219917 Fabian Delph 1956653425
NARLA24
NARLA24

Fabian Delph 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:12 pm

NARLA24
NARLA24

Fabian Delph 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Spadge Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:24 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11214876/Fabian-Delph-deals-fresh-blow-to-Aston-Villa-after-revealing-he-is-unlikely-to-sign-new-contract.html

Well, that's another cheery Friday morning....

Piss poor reporting (They've translated "I want to keep my options open" into "cheerio fuckers")

But still, unless we have a regime-change, Delph and Vlaar seem as good as gone.
Mr_Spadge

Fabian Delph 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:29 am

Mr_Spadge wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11214876/Fabian-Delph-deals-fresh-blow-to-Aston-Villa-after-revealing-he-is-unlikely-to-sign-new-contract.html

Well, that's another cheery Friday morning....  

Piss poor reporting (They've translated "I want to keep my options open" into "cheerio fuckers")

But still, unless we have a regime-change, Delph and Vlaar seem as good as gone.

Not that I blame Delph but this is ridiculous, how did we let these players reach the last few months of their contracts? Awful management at all levels. The club is being ran like a fucking Sunday League team.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Fabian Delph 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:46 am

What can one say that hasn't been said a thousand times, if Aston Villa was actually run as a business everybody in any sort of position of responsibility would have been sacked long ago!

The club is just like the Titanic, you know its going down its just a matter of when!
achilles
achilles

Fabian Delph 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:48 pm

Who would blame him if he chooses to leave ?
We are a complete shower of shit !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Fabian Delph 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:50 am

I've read comments from around internerd stating that he's disloyal and owes us for helping him through his injury issues. And that's be a fair comment if the club was actually trying to match the kind of effort Delph puts in. Game in, game out he puts I'm a shift. He tries. He's entertaining. He has ambition. He is everything Villa isn't. Frankly, if he's happy to stay for the money on offer I'd be disappointed as it'd show he has no interest in furthering his career, no goals, no ambition.

What we'll be left with at Villa are has-beens like Joe Cole, never-beens like Lowton and players who care only for the money.

We really are sinking as a club.

I appreciate that we can't see what's going on behind the scenes and we could all wake up on Monday morning to news that lambert is gone and a dynamic new manager in charge, Delph and Vlaar on new contracts and promises of money in the next window. On the surface though, Fox has done nothing. And that's disappointing.
Trotters
Trotters

Fabian Delph 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:57 am

Looking at his stats i get the feelinghe is one of those players who looks better than he is. He is third to Cleverley and Westwood this season. He is in my mind alright but not as good as some people think. Shelvey tore him apart last season as did Nolan for West Ham.

he loses the ball, he tries to take on players over and over again when he has already beaten them. He is average at best and for me this shows how awful the rest of our squad is when our box to box midfielder who cannot score for love nor money is being touted as our best player
Morgan Villa

Fabian Delph 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:52 am

Morgan Villa wrote:Looking at his stats i get the feelinghe is one of those players who looks better than he is. He is third to Cleverley and Westwood this season. He is in my mind alright but not as good as some people think. Shelvey tore him apart last season as did Nolan for West Ham.

he loses the ball, he tries to take on players over and over again when he has already beaten them. He is average at best and for me this shows how awful the rest of our squad is when our box to box midfielder who cannot score for love nor money is being touted as our best player

Agree to a certain extent but I look at him and view him as a stepping stone to better things, rather than the other midfield players who aren't good enough fullstop. I do think Delph with the right midfield could be a good player but he isn't going to get it at Villa Park.
achilles
achilles

Fabian Delph 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:42 am

Spurs linked with Delph.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Fabian Delph 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:50 am

Once the wheels come completely off, it'll be intesting to see how far away they roll.
Trotters
Trotters

Fabian Delph 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:13 am

All the way down the hill i would expect. Sad
NARLA24
NARLA24

Fabian Delph 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:16 am

NARLA24 wrote:Spurs linked with Delph.

Can't see Delph at Spurs personally. They need strikers, not midfielders, and they have a glut of midfielders who would be above him in all likelihood. Unless they are struggling with the home grown rule
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Fabian Delph 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next